• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny is played in 3 person groups in every mode, including competitive multiplayer

RoKKeR

That appears to be the case... What a massive disappointment. :(

It is a bummer, especially considering my friend group on XBO is 4 people...(including me)

Nonetheless, it's nice to know that there will be options, especially for higher level content.

I just wish they would show us more, not tell.

golem

Like Borderlands, I'm mostly playing solo. But this coop sounds like a mess. Not innovative, an just a clusterfuck

People played Borderlands solo?!

Pretty disappointing news. Its not even a real MMO, why the player limit? Maybe last gen memory sizes holding us back?

Swissie

Banned
If the reason for this is for best balance of classes, does that mean that each group of three has to have one from each class?

Kinyou

It is so much easier to get 3 people together to play a game than it is to get 4 people together. They probably want a core of 3 people to have an amazing experience together, to have a mutual understanding and story to share.

The more people you add into the equation, the more fragmented the experience becomes.
3 just seems like an odd number. Coops games tend to be 2 or 4 player

3 just seems like an odd number. Coops games tend to be 2 or 4 player

I agree with this. Going back a couple gens to when we had local four player splitscreen all over the place, to last gen when most online co-op games were 4 players or consisted of 4 player squads, it just seems really weird that they are going with 3 players. I imagine I'm not the only one who has over time built a core group of 4 friends for these type of games, and now someone is going to be left out.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Arm-chair designers activate!

I like this idea. Most mp games are far too bloated nowadays. This is nice and lean.

Orca

Hopefully you can still chat with people in other parties then, since I have more than two friends I play with.

Mortemis

Banned
There are several modes featuring more players that we've already talked about. Raids are a six player activity that will always be in parties comprised of your friends. Competitive multiplayer is not capped at 3v3.

Thank you for clearing this up! I hope we hear more about competitive multiplayer soon.
destiny MP will not be capped for 3v3
Will feature 6 player raids
http://mp1st.com/2014/04/28/report-...ultiplayer-played-groups-threes/#.U177NFezm3O

Gaf > Internet > Gaf once again.

model13

Well I have 4 friends who will probably be getting this game along with me on the PS4. However, they don't all know each other and don't have the same schedule, so as long as I have multiple characters, I don't think it will be much of an issue.

Having said that, have they said anything about how playing with different level characters will be handled?

Well I have 4 friends who will probably be getting this game along with me on the PS4. However, they don't all know each other and don't have the same schedule, so as long as I have multiple characters, I don't think it will be much of an issue.

Having said that, have they said anything about how playing with different level characters will be handled?

The only thing I saw mentioned in that regard was that loot is individual, so when a higher level player is playing with a low level player, the lower level player will still get level appropriate items.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
It sounds like the 3 player restriction is only applicable in co-op campaign, and considering how bumpy Halo 3 and Reach campaign multiplayer was with 4 people sometimes, might not be a bad decision at all.

soldat7

There are several modes featuring more players that we've already talked about. Raids are a six player activity that will always be in parties comprised of your friends. Competitive multiplayer is not capped at 3v3.

Stick a fork in it.

Top Bottom