• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goretrail

Standing in line here at best buy. About 10 dudebro frat boys are here. The best employee informed me that I got the only ghost edition, and the box is ripped on two sides... fml.

Sean

Banned
Was trolling my friend that he was stupid for waiting in line at midnight launch when he could've just bought digitally...

He's playing it now and I gotta wait 3 hours. Feels bad man.

I'm the one guy at the Fort Jackson, SC GameStop who ordered Ghost Edition. Blank stares and mouths agape as I walked out with it. Two guys: "whoa...what's that version?"

fuck_yeah.jpg

I'm in Columbia, so I'm gonna come beat you up and take it, just so I have something to do while I wait for the digital version to unlock, lmao

Heysoos

I'm a little worried, two of my friends who got the game early and share very similar tastes in gaming with me have really less than stellar reviews. :/ Obviously, I'll make up my own mind about it, but they were not very pleased. We played the beta together and had fun, so not too sure what changed, I would have kept talking to them but had to get home. Guess I'll find out tomorrow morning. If only they didn't have that stupid time restriction. Waiting until early in the morning because the other time zones don't get midnight digital release is dumb. Should have just unlocked it 12am est. Everyone would have been happy then.

Lucent

Nintendo fans would be downloading their big game right now...

Stupid 12PST.

Yeah I just wish it was set up for 12am for each time zone. Like if it's 12am here, open it up. Not everybody can start playing at 3am so it kind of loses that advantage.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It really is dumb as hell to handle digital unlocks like this, make it midnight in each respective timezone instead of screwing some people over and unlocking it in the middle of the night. If there's ever a game I really want to play, it isn't that much of a hassle to ride down to the store and pick it up from a midnight launch, and I get an actual session in before it's even playable digitally.

shinn623

Here's a random pic from the art book
4ECg0fQ.jpg

Who cares about the artbook? Who's the chick? I know what you really wanted to post :p

Care to share any other pics from the artbook?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Darn; every other time it's an hour early or I'd just to the midnight launch. I'm not mad. I just wanted a whole group launch again with it being digital. There should be one massive clock that everyone follows.

2 hours 31 minutes

I'm going to run out of Doritos

RdN

God dammit, I saw Bungie's post on Twitter and thought they had unlocked the digital version earlier.. FUCK this PST bullshit.

malfcn

Installing Xbox one.
17.9GB + 309MB Update.

2 Minutes and into the Installer.
man, if they let you set up your Guardian during the Install that would have been god like.

Anecdotal time.
Picked up at Best Buy. Online pick up had the shortest line, but slowest check out.
Got one of the last shirts, XL, even though I would have preferred L.

While walking out everyone is checking out who picked up what.
To me it felt pretty even between XB1 and PS4.
Don't think I saw or heard any X360/PS3 orders.

I'm the one guy at the Fort Jackson, SC GameStop who ordered Ghost Edition. Blank stares and mouths agape as I walked out with it. Two guys: "whoa...what's that version?"

fuck_yeah.jpg

Also -- FenceSitterBros, if anybody wants 30 days of PS Plus, send me a PM. First come, first served.

Congrats! I have an order in for a ghost edition from Target but we'll see if it actually comes in

TomShoe

Banned
It really is dumb as hell to handle digital unlocks like this, make it midnight in each respective timezone instead of screwing some people over and unlocking it in the middle of the night. If there's ever a game I really want to play, it isn't that much of a hassle to ride down to the store and pick it up from a midnight launch, and I get an actual session in before it's even playable digitally.

You'd think they'd do it this way to stagger the oncoming onslaught of players, but noooooooooo.

CREMSteve

Won't work, I tried that plus changing the time zone, setting the clock a day ahead, using my alt EU and AU accounts....it still remained locked :(

Yeah, it's all based off whichever store you purchased from. Doesn't matter what you do after that. But if you bought from the Hong Kong store (for example), you can already play.

Lucent

lol we think alike. I just said this a few posts up.

Really concerned about this game though based on what the early players have said here and on reddit. Basically confirming what I thought it'd be like based on the alpha and beta. And I'm not here for the PvP. Just hoping maybe somehow there's a bigger game behind what people have played so far.

At least yall were able to preload. Since I was buying it for PS3 (for my son) and PS4, I bought the Digital Guardian Edition on PS4 to take advantage to the cross buy. So I hsve, to wait until 3 am to just start the download. Ugh

Tamanon

Banned
Had a ton of people at the Gamestop launch. I estimate about 400 or so. Many I talked to never even played the Beta.

Also saw they sold out of the white PS4 bundles. Installing now.

Am I crazy for expecting this game to be the beta, but more? I feel like they were pretty open about what this game is...

If this game is the beta x 3 with an end game, I am going to be one happy camper.

Just got back from my Gamestop. I was surprised, there were quite a few people with the Ghost Editions...helps I'm in a college area. Purchased the LE, downloading the update right now.

RoKKeR

Just popping in here to reiterate how fucking stupid it is that digital purchases are locked until 12 PST.

Would very much like to see this changed from MS and Sony going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom