• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I went to the midnight launch at Best Buy (Columbus, GA) with some friends. Around 45-50 people lined up, it wasn't exactly the crowd I was expecting (mostly people in their 30s) but it was fun nonetheless. I received a free t-shirt, poster, and wristband for showing up, plus $10 in rewards for pre-ordering. Couple that with GCU 20% discount, and I don't feel to bad about now having the game in my possession but needing to wait until the weekend to play.

Have fun though guys/gals, wish I could join you all in actually playing the game today!

zethren

Banned
40% installll!!

A lot of XB1 buyers at the midnight tonight.

I came in 2nd place in a FFA Reach tournament and won a free download of the expansion pass. Haven't played Reach in years, so feels good man.

Goretrail

Did you get a discount of any kind or just handed it to you? I am afraid of this happening to my ghost edition at Best Buy.

...discount? ...HA! Fuck no. But it's not like I am going to be able to get one anywhere else without paying through the nose, so I am just gonna take my little ghost companion and be happy.

Vire

East Coast GAF:

ibawdgXTzrMGKs.gif

casmith07

I'm in Columbia, so I'm gonna come beat you up and take it, just so I have something to do while I wait for the digital version to unlock, lmao

lol! man...there's definitely still a 16 GB download lol...so I'm still waiting to play. Don't feel bad.

Ghost Edition is beautiful though. Box is cheap, but it'll work well for storing hardware/games.

Just popping in here to reiterate how fucking stupid it is that digital purchases are locked until 12 PST.

Would very much like to see this changed from MS and Sony going forward.

Is it really THAT big a deal, though? So you can't play the game IMMEDIATELY. Just wake up a few hours later and play then, or later the next night.

Ghost Edition get. +50 excitement. +20 Nerd Cred. -300 Cool Factor.

So, I was one of two people to pre-order the Ghost Edition at my Best Buy. The one they had set aside for me had a box that was destroyed. Thankfully, the other person canceled their pre-order, and this copy was pristine, so they gave it to me instead. And it didn't have the ugly yellow in-store pickup sticker on it either!

Plus I got this nifty poster.

KgIE1lj.png

ironcreed

Banned
Just popping in here to reiterate how fucking stupid it is that digital purchases are locked until 12 PST.

Yep, I would love to get a couple of hours in before crashing. Not staying up until 3 in the morning, lol. Tomorrow it is.

Yup, first and last time I go digital if I don't have to. Just flip the dam switch.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Waiting until early in the morning because the other time zones don't get midnight digital release is dumb. Should have just unlocked it 12am est. Everyone would have been happy then.

GameStop would throw an absolute tantrum if they released it digitally at 9pm on the west coast.

They are the reason we all have to wait.

I can't wait for them to die off once everyone finally goes digital. They are nothing but a cancer on the game industry.

RoKKeR

Is it really THAT big a deal, though? So you can't play the game IMMEDIATELY. Just wake up a few hours later and play then, or later the next night.

Oh absolutely, it's a petty little complaint and hell I wouldn't be able to play either way tonight, but I think it's just a bit silly that it doesn't unlock by timezone or EST, both of which would make more sense than PST.

So, I was one of two people to pre-order the Ghost Edition at my Best Buy. The one they had set aside for me had a box that was destroyed. Thankfully, the other person canceled their pre-order, and this copy was pristine, so they gave it to me instead. And it didn't have the ugly yellow in-store pickup sticker on it either!

KgIE1lj.png

Fancy.

Oh, I changed my avatar. Just because.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

That's a pretty nice poster. I remember back when it was announced they handed out the Fallen poster for preorder incentives. I think those were a tad better looking, but that poster looks great.

Trey

You have people posting their download percentage nearly every tick it takes.

Yes, it's that serious to some. People are thirsty for Destiny.

Mononoke

Banned

Not the end of the world. But clearly, people like to play these things at midnight. Hence why there is midnight launches. This has been something done in the industry for a long time. So the fact that they are locking out all East Coast people and making them wait until PST is pretty fuckin ridiculous. So yeah, not end of the world, but pretty shitty. Really no reason to do this, especially when other digital titles don't have this issue.

The Llama

GameStop would throw an absolute tantrum if they released it digitally at 9pm on the west coast.

They are the reason we all have to wait.

I can't wait for them to die off once everyone finally goes digital. They are nothing but a cancer on the game industry.
A few other games unlocked at midnight EST. infamous is the only other other I can remember unlocking at midnight PST, and the theory there was it was because the devs are located on the west coast. But who knows. If that's why, though it's stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom