• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

Holy mission variety Batman. Im getting bored with the 'goto this place, Tyrion scans and defend against waves of enemies' missions. Im in Venus already and so far every single mission has been exactly that.

That's honestly SO bizarre to me. Like, did they not stop and think for a second, "Wait, every story mission involves defending the Ghost against waves of enemies"? I figured they would have done something else with it.

Is there any way to automatically get placed in a fire team looking to do the same story mission or do I need to form one manually with people I find at the tower? Seems like a real pain in the ass if the latter is the only way.

NastyBook

Destiny_20140909004244.jpg

Anybody else on the East Coast?

Lucent

Holy mission variety Batman. Im getting bored with the 'goto this place, Tyrion scans and defend against waves of enemies' missions. Im in Venus already and so far every single mission has been exactly that.

Killing me. First heard the impressions from Reddit. Now here is just confirming it. I might be screwed, but I hope that everyone is honest with their opinions on the game after it's out. Starting to feel like this could be the biggest let down from hype I've seen, even though I'm kept my hype in check since the alpha and beta made me think what you're saying would happen.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That's honestly SO bizarre to me. Like, did they not stop and think for a second, "Wait, every story mission involves defending the Ghost against waves of enemies"? I figured they would have done something else with it.

It really is weird. It stood out even just with limited playtime during the beta.

Watched about an hour of Gametrailers Destiny stream...kind of disappointing as the game seem to be pretty much the same regardless of what planet you are on and didnt really change up at all from what I played in the beta. Reminds me of why I didnt like L4D...once youve played about 5 hours of it youve played pretty much every scenario the game can throw at you.

Is that not the same complaint that can be leveled at every Halo game? And yet people still find ways to enjoy it^^

Pop

Those beacon quest aren't all like that.

Sony is a poor retailer

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Bungie/statuses/503357717566599168[/tweet]

The reason it's locked to 3am is so that GameStop can have their midnight launches. If they unlocked the digital at midnight EST, no one would go to their shitty pawn shop stores because they could play earlier by buying digital.

GameStop threatens to not stock a publisher's merchandise if they don't meet every demand GameStop gives them.

They are the worst.

I just have a hard time believing this is the case when Infamous, TLoU, Madden, and NHL were all Midnight EST releases. Why change everything for one game?

At least yall were able to preload. Since I was buying it for PS3 (for my son) and PS4, I bought the Digital Guardian Edition on PS4 to take advantage to the cross buy. So I hsve, to wait until 3 am to just start the download. Ugh

Assuming you meant you bought DGE on PS3. If so you're in the same boat as me. We get to enjoy waiting until Wednesday 6pm PST to play on PS4 because fuck us for taking advantage of a great promo before Sony and Bungie could pull their heads out of their asses and tell us as much.

Jhriad

At Best Buy now. Interesting tidbit, 17 PS4s were preordered for pickup tonight with only 5 Xbones. Wonder if it's like this everywhere. There was one more Xbone for later pickup and 3 more PS4s.

The Llama

Over/under 6.5 reviews mentioning this as a criticism? I'll take the under.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Just booted up my copy.

Spent an hour and a half in line for my very first midnight launch. Wasn't too bad. Even won a free poster.

Oh and... LOL@ East Coast digital buyers taking that L. This is why you go physical, baby.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
This seems silly though. The vast majority of console gamers are going to buy retail copies regardless of the digital unlock time.

Well, it's why they force PST digital unlocks. GameStop has been forcing them for years.

Do you really think Sony would choose to do it? They would obviously want to make the digital version they sell in their own online store more appealing.

And after the game installs, it crashes. Or my system picked a hell of a time to start acting up. Can't even eject the disc so I'll have to unplug the system with the disc inside >.<

Mononoke

Banned
Well, it's why they force PST digital unlocks. GameStop has been forcing them for years.

Do you really think Sony would chose to do it? They would obviously want to make the digital version they sell in their own online store more appealing.

Crazy how even when you choose to avoid Gamestop, they still manage to ruin things.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Ghost Edition get. +50 excitement. +20 Nerd Cred. -300 Cool Factor.

So, I was one of two people to pre-order the Ghost Edition at my Best Buy. The one they had set aside for me had a box that was destroyed. Thankfully, the other person canceled their pre-order, and this copy was pristine, so they gave it to me instead. And it didn't have the ugly yellow in-store pickup sticker on it either!

Plus I got this nifty poster.

KgIE1lj.png

This almost sounds like you got the one I canceled. LOL

Are you in Canada by any chance?

RoKKeR

For what it's worth I checked some of Major Nelson's tweets and there's a lot of bitching about the time zone thing for digital... maybe it will be changed for future releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom