• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I crazy for expecting this game to be the beta, but more? I feel like they were pretty open about what this game is...

If this game is the beta x 3 with an end game, I am going to be one happy camper.

I think this is what most normal people expected (and wanted!^^), but people's imagination will always be better than what human engineers can produce.

Vire

For what it's worth I checked some of Major Nelson's tweets and there's a lot of bitching about the time zone thing for digital... maybe it will be changed for future releases.

I doubt it's really up to Microsoft or Sony. Gamestop would probably flip a fucking shit.

Clipse

So is the PS4 bundle looking like it's going to be hard to find if you didn't pre-order? Going to try my luck at Best Buy tomorrow morning.

Just booted up my copy.

Spent an hour and a half in line for my very first midnight launch. Wasn't too bad. Even won a free poster.

Oh and... LOL@ East Coast digital buyers taking that L. This is why you go physical, baby.

And when the servers go down eventually, you'll have a nice coaster!

Enjoy your three hours, buddy.

BondFancy

afiTk8H.jpg

85% Installed. :)

V46yKFB.jpg

/toojealous

1337Sauce

Once more before we start, only me and one other person right now!'

Looking for a couple of people that would be interested in starting new characters together at about 1AM Eastern (just to give everybody a bit of time to get home from midnight launches). I'm playing on Xbox One, and while I did play the beta, I tried to stay away from as much info as possible, and only spent a little bit of time playing. I'm not interested in speeding through the game, and would instead, like to just take my time with the game, exploring and messing around and what not.

If anybody wants to do something similar to this and would be interested in playing tonight, I would love to play this game with some of DestinyGAF. I'll probably be on for a couple hours, so some people who want to play for a while are definitely preferred (Mics as well). Message me your gamertag since this thread is moving really fast!

Well, it's why they force PST digital unlocks. GameStop has been forcing them for years.

Do you really think Sony would choose to do it? They would obviously want to make the digital version they sell in their own online store more appealing.

Well if thats the case then, I dont think ima pre-order anything from this point forward if this is the norm.

fernoca

Well, it's why they force PST digital unlocks. GameStop has been forcing them for years.

Do you really think Sony would choose to do it? They would obviously want to make the digital version they sell in their own online store more appealing.
Is not only Gamestop though. Not to mention that publishers also pay for exposition across retailers. So is not like it's some evil plan from Gamestop.

It also varies by publisher like how on the same day Garden Warfare unlocked at EST, but Diablo 3 unlocked at PST. Even on indie games. Hohokum unlocked during the day back then and that had no retail release and a PS exlusive.

PepperedHam

Waiting for thousands of people on the internet to be surprised that the servers won't be working correctly as if it was unexpected.

Assuming you meant you bought DGE on PS3. If so you're in the same boat as me. We get to enjoy waiting until Wednesday 6pm PST to play on PS4 because fuck us for taking advantage of a great promo before Sony and Bungie could pull their heads out of their asses and tell us as much.

Say what, 6 pm Wednesday? That is no Bueno. When did that info come out?

Ezahn

How is the PS3 version?
Really curious about that, since Destiny it's the only game that interests me on new gen and I wouldn't buy a console only for this.
I have also a 360 but Live? No, if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom