• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
Normally I'd agree, but in a loot driven game like this the loot is the name of the game there's very little to strive for when it's just random. Literally the worst than can happen is I lose out on one crucible mark if the team loses. That's just weak.

They should leave random drop random and add something else for people who consistently top the board maybe.

Could add an NPC who gives emblems and shaders, maybe even weapon shaders, etc...

They should also give out materials based on the planet you're on.

There was no increase to solo difficulty. Fatebringer, Patience and Time and Zombie Apocalypse made quick work of the Nightfall solo.

You are absolutely wrong. I did last weeks nightfall 7 times solo before the patch. I used the exact same weapons every single time. After the patch, hobgoblins could not be one shoted with crit hits. Based on the remainder of their HP, it looks like about a 10% HP buff across all enemies when solo. It is hard to tell if they do more damage to you. I'm not saying it has become impossible. It is just takes more time compared to pre patch. This week we were lucky to have another burn week. You will start to feel that extra HP when it a no burn week. I just don't think they needed to change the solo settings at all. It was a nice compromise of high risk, but faster progress.

nowai

You are absolutely wrong. I did last weeks nightfall 7 times solo before the patch. I used the exact same weapons every single time. After the patch, hobgoblins could not be one shoted with crit hits. Based on the remainder of their HP, it looks like about a 10% HP buff across all enemies when solo. It is hard to tell if they do more damage to you.

Your anecdotal experience does not mean it's harder. Bungie never said the HP was increased for solo play. Only that HP was reduced for group play.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...tfall_is_not_harder_for_solo_after_the_patch/

Are you using an arc primary? I breezed through it on all three characters with arc weapons. Fatebringer was a one shot headshot for all trash mobs and Patience and Time one shot yellows and three shot captains.

Your anecdotal experience does not mean it's harder. Bungie never said the HP was increased for solo play. Only that HP was reduced for group play.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...tfall_is_not_harder_for_solo_after_the_patch/

Are you using an arc primary? I breezed through it on all three characters with arc weapons. Fatebringer was a one shot headshot for all trash mobs and Patience and Time one shot yellows and three shot captains.

That is horseshit anecdotal evidence too. Dude, it took all of three quick data points to confirm it last week. I must have killed over 70 hobgoblins in the pre patch solo with my 300 damage arc sniper with crit hits, always one shot. I saw people post about it on reddit, I jumped in the nightfall with my exact load out, crit shot hobgoblin...hmm definitely a sliver of health left. Maybe I fucked up, another crit hit, same thing. Even though I was in the exact same cover spot, I even moved forward to assure it wasn't a range issue. Nope, it was definitely no longer a one shot kill post-patch. Sure I can switch to my primary and finish them off without wasting sniper ammo, but they most certainly changed the solo balance. I am not saying it is harder as in, ohh no I am not l33t enough to solo anymore! Still did it this week, they just managed to make yet another thing in this game more tedious at the expense of fun.

I used all arc last week and this week and soloing is fine, but it did change. Now things went from 1 shots to 2 shots, and 3 shots to 5 shots depending on the enemy with the ~10% solo scale up. Bosses, even more so. Does this break nightfall? Nope, but when juggler on, those bullets matter, and it is just more time dicking around with ammo packs. I just see no reason why they needed to do that.

nowai

That is horseshit anecdotal evidence too. Dude, it took all of three quick data points to confirm it last week. I must have killed over 70 hobgoblins in the pre patch solo with my 300 damage arc sniper with crit hits, always one shot. I saw people post about it on reddit, I jumped in the nightfall with my exact load out, crit shot hobgoblin...hmm definitely a sliver of health left. Maybe I fucked up, another crit hit, same thing. Even though I was in the exact same cover spot, I even moved forward to assure it wasn't a range issue. Nope, it was definitely no longer a one shot kill post-patch. Sure I can switch to my primary and finish them off without wasting sniper ammo, but they most certainly changed the solo balance. I am not saying it is harder as in, ohh no I am not l33t enough to solo anymore! Still did it this week, they just managed to make yet another thing in this game more tedious at the expense of fun.

I used all arc last week and this week and soloing is fine, but it did change. Now things went from 1 shots to 2 shots, and 3 shots to 5 shots depending on the enemy with the ~10% solo scale up. Bosses, even more so. Does this break nightfall? Nope, but when juggler on, those bullets matter, and it is just more time dicking around with ammo packs. I just see no reason why they needed to do that.

LOL!

Damn son, sorry to rustle your jimmies. You win, it's harder. haha not worth debating over the internet over a topic that means nothing.

I personally thought it was a piece of cake, sorry your experience wasn't the same.

later tater.

LOL!

Damn son, sorry to rustle your jimmies. You win, it's harder. haha not worth debating over the internet over a topic that means nothing.

I personally thought it was a piece of cake, sorry your experience wasn't the same.

later tater.

Wow, you are thick headed. Again, stop fixating on "harder". They changed the balancing, which is an increase in enemy HP. End of story. Do with that information as you want. No one gives a shit about your skillz or even asked.

haha, how do you like it? I was trying to level it up, but the low impact made me switch back to Fatebringer for one shot headshots WITH arc damage 'splosions!

I am a die hard Red Death and Stranger's Rifle for PvP fan, so I'm one of the few that actually don't hate pulse rifles. They supposedly fixed the Heak Seeker perk with the latest patch, but I just looted the gun yesterday, so I haven't had the opportunity to level it.

If Head Seeker made PvP, one body shot and one head shot for a kill, I could really get behind the gun.

I've not really properly tried it out yet tbh! I got VoC on the same run so I've been focusing on that at the moment :D

It feels like a solid all round gun, predictable upwards recoil, aim for upper chest for a headshot type of gun.

Will be fun to try properly once it's leveled up but so far it looks promising.

I'm just happy that I've now got a primary for every type of NF burn. :D

Cømet

Banned
Pretty sure I had the same troubles with the nightfall, P&T not one-shotting vandal snipers. Annoying but what can you do eh. Bungie!

Great norm raid guys, very successful. Got chestplate and gloves for my hunter so boots away from 30 on another character! Though I'd prefer the helmet in the long run so I can pimp da crest o ma boi lupi again.

blackflag

LOL!

later tater.

They actually did change it. That should be obvious to anyone. They made it easier for full groups by making it harder for solo. It still isn't that hard, I have arc primary, Thunderlord and P&t but they definitely changed it.

and i you want Wax Idols, you can find them from the Ultra Hives that are hiding in the basement level when you first arrive at the Steppes on Earth.

Also by doing runs in the mission he is talking about, there's always 3 ultra acolytes and typically in the span of the 10 minute buff one of them will end up dropping a replacement Wax Idol.

Hit lvl 5 on Iron Banner last night.

Gonna grind out the legs I got at lvl 4 to finally hit lvl 30.

I kind of wish the Scout Rifle (which is really pretty) had elemental damage though.

Time to lighten the mood of the thread with a cheesy ass stereotyping joke!

Two blonde women made the long road trip to Disneyland and as they neared the park encountered a sign stating "Disneyland Left". The ladies cried their eyes out as they promptly turned around and headed back home.

EL CUCO

Man after watching Rooster Teeth/AH go through the Raid for the first time, I definitely want to go in blind for The Dark Below. Looked like a ton of fun.

When I first went through it, I had studied the piss out of it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom