• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

GhaleonEB

That feeling won't go away until you accept the Titan.
I'll try them out eventually.
It's a never ending blackhole you just stepped into. I barely have time to play my Warlock alt, but I now have enough Titan gear to level it up quick and am thinking of having all 3 now. You'll be on your way to having a Titan shortly after House of Wolves at this rate.

Probably. I have literally run out of stuff to level on my Hunter, until I land the exotics I'm after, and the vault is bursting with legendary gear I can put to use on an alt. I'm forcing myself to use different weapons and a slightly different play style, and having fun with it. The hunter will always be my main, though. Hunter 4 lyfe.

I can't aim the nova bomb to save my life though. (Literally.)

why don't people know that npc melee > all? should have learned this from bridge, or nightfall sepkis prime, or anywhere an NPC crosses a boundry. so sure knights will cross barriers and crota will walk into the room

might be a bug. might be intended. go ahead and complain about it, but dont' act surprised by it

I'll try them out eventually.

Probably. I have literally run out of stuff to level on my Hunter, until I land the exotics I'm after, and the vault is bursting with legendary gear I can put to use on an alt. I'm forcing myself to use different weapons and a slightly different play style, and having fun with it. The hunter will always be my main, though. Hunter 4 lyfe.

I can't aim the nova bomb to save my life though. (Literally.)

Nova Bomb can be tricky at first. I like to jump glide and aim down, gives a better perspective.

A fun Warlock build is getting the Obsidian Mind helm + Bad JuJu. Nova Bomb all day. It may not be a great Raid build, but it is tons of fun for the ROC.

Omni

Solo'd deathsinger on normal. 3/4 of this raid I've done by myself.

I also attempted Crota himself. Sword bearers, boomers and ogres I can handle. The only thing is that my Hunger of Crota can't put out enough damage to take down Crota in time. Two rockets weren't enough

Really need that jellyhorn so I can give it a solid go

WTF Crota. You're not supposed to be in here.

upload_convert.gif
I love how you waved. Would've been even better if he just smashed you right after that.

Deku Tree

Dear Crota. that health bar trigger enrage is cheap. It just feels cheap when we die because Cuco takes off too much health at the end of the second sword and we wipe.

Dear Crota. that health bar trigger enrage is cheap. It just feels cheap when we die because Cuco takes off too much health at the end of the second sword and we wipe.

I guess the idea is that the Swordbearer needs to plan out how many sword strikes and such. It is a lame way to add strategy.

sjay1994

Just got word of crota and glowhoo.

Glowhoo looks awesome on voidfang.

Also, I wish VoG weapons and gear would get buffed because Fatebringer imo has better perks than WoC.

^ Crota health enrage doesn't really bother me. I wouldn't call it good or bad really, at least relative to the things about CE that actually bother me.

We wiped a winning run a little bit ago because I did one too many hits on a sword... but I knew it was going to wipe the run before I did it so it was my fault. Doesn't really bother me... after I yell and curse a few times at myself, haha

This week Two Hawkmoons

Last week #ForeverNoHawkmoon

Nice, congratas ! Just need that GH then you can actually participate in LFG raids.

Kadey had a clutch solo Deathsinger kill and is now on mop up duty. Taking forever with those Major Knights.

It also appears she has the same Obsessive Reloading Disorder I have.

Iceman829

Crota on hard seems like more of a battle against the broken glitches in the game than a battle vs a boss. We spent 2.5 hours in there giving it our best shot and while we came close a few times most of the runs we got chopped off at the knees by a few disappearing swords or by Crota read as immune to the rocket squad and while he should have knelt down, he decided instead to sword smash me. One time he even stood up from mid kneel to gallop over and slice me. To everyone in the squad I tied my best and it was my first night actually running the sword, but we had no luck. It wasn't the lack of effort. I just need to get some of the bad taste out of my mouth before I get some sleep. I'll be around tomorrow for most of the day if anyone needs help with stuff.

Switch to my sniper, tried to fire but had no ammo. So I had to switch weapons then I was dead D:

I did that during Crucible today and got embarrased trying to shoot an empty Fusion rifle.

Damn, those Knights are spongier than Spongebobtauric himself. Mass Gjallarhorn spam barely makes a dent.

Jinjo

Woah I missed a lot last night.

The Hawkian post, firehawks excellent post and Urk dropping by (
lesbian bear boss confirmed

I'm not gonna respond to it all, but I think we all just get too passionate sometimes this game. Whether it being an ungrateful little bitch about a christmas present (guilty, but I think we all dropped a "fuck (you)" when RNG decides to screw us over, whether here or ingame against your fireteam), or the building frustration of old glitches/bugs still being there, meanwhile introducing new ones.

Gaming is not a calculated rational experience. There are going to be emotions, good (remember that post exotic patch day?) and bad ones (remember the day after that one?). It happens when people love something. Some things are/get frustrating about this game and people need an outlet sometimes, even if it feels like shouting at a wall. But let's not forget that at the heart of that is still the fun we all have playing together, steamrolling IB, getting that one coveted drop, or the sense of achievement when we finally nail that certain son of a bitch.

Warlock got Crota AR from Bridge. Sweet

Last weapon I need now!

Crotas End Loot Missing
-Warlock Helmet (Normal Crota)
-Hunter Helmet (Normal Crota)
-Abyss Defiant AR (Hard Bridge)
-Hard Raid Ship (Hard Crota)
-Crux of Crota (???)

All the raid armour I have are great stats so I am not looking for better rolls.

Not bad!

Won't be touching hard Crota until Crux is figured out. Don't care about the ship. Would like the helmets so I can switch around exotics for those two classes. Definitely want the AR.

LiK

Last weapon I need now!

Crotas End Loot Missing
-Warlock Helmet (Normal Crota)
-Hunter Helmet (Normal Crota)
-Abyss Defiant AR (Hard Bridge)
-Hard Raid Ship (Hard Crota)
-Crux of Crota (???)

All the raid armour I have are great stats so I am not looking for better rolls.

Not bad!

Won't be touching hard Crota until Crux is figured out. Don't care about the ship. Would like the helmets so I can switch around exotics for those two classes. Definitely want the AR.

Yea, AR seems pretty good in PVP as well. I got killed a few times with it 1v1 with my Vex. The ROF is pretty insane.

Thanks for letting me join. It was a pleasant group.

So Word of Crota does 437 damage to a 33 Knight major and Fatebringer does 427.

Laaaaaaame

WoC has a higher RoF but the trade off is no firefly.

Meh.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I got TLW again from Atheon. This game really needs a system where drop rates for weapons you don't have are higher. This RNG thing is getting on my nerves.

DJ88

Oh, I never had an issue getting to Crota with the sword. It was surviving the first sword round as shots rain down. Even with Black Hammers and Ice Breakers, it seemed like folks have been having trouble staggering when the crits land. Bubbles work, but you need two Titans and they have to have the super energy to do so. Usually not a problem keeping them off, but just some rounds they don't seem to care how many people are laying into them.

Right, that's what he's saying. It also worked 95% of the time for us on our runs. If the player who runs down to get the sword doesn't fire at any of the enemies down there, the boomers will never shoot at them, even when they're getting the hits in on Crota. Everyone on the window should still be keeping an eye on them after each kneel just in case they do happen to turn. But like I said, 95% of the time they would just stand there staring at us on the window and not shoot a single shot.

We got each step of the whole run pretty much on lock down to the point where as soon as we get a run where no bugs occur, provided the sword runner knows his timing and can consistently get three R2 smashes each time, there's no reason we can't down Crota gauranteed.

Top Bottom