• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Right, that's what he's saying. It also worked 95% of the time for us on our runs. If the player who runs down to get the sword doesn't fire at any of the enemies down there, the boomers will never shoot at them, even when they're getting the hits in on Crota. Everyone on the window should still be keeping an eye on them after each kneel just in case they do happen to turn. But like I said, 95% of the time they would just stand there staring at us on the window and not shoot a single shot.

We got each step of the whole run pretty much on lock down to the point where as soon as we get a run where no bugs occur, provided the sword runner knows his timing and can consistently get three R2 smashes each time, there's no reason we can't down Crota gauranteed.

Is this true? If so, then that makes everything so much better. Can he not even shoot at the Swordbearer?

ERMint13

Finally got it done...such a relief.

Got the scout rifle and shader. I'm ok with that.

We had the right strategy the whole time it was just stupid glitches that really put us behind and caused issues.

Palocca

Hooooooooly crap I'm unbelievably hyped right now.

I gotta admit, I was super intimidated by the thought of trying HM Crota after reading the first day impressions on here. But man, our crew tonight just WRECKED Crota back to back. The first kill took us close to 2 hours, but we one-shotted that fool on the second run!

Recks/XO, you're the freaking man on sword duty. So much composure and skill wielding the blade. PCP, you a beast. The rest of you guys, you guys are all awesome and amazing. Thanks for showing this noob the ropes.

I managed to get the Word of Crota and Fang of Ir Yut on back to back! All I need now is that damn AR.

Feels good.

DJ88

Is this true? If so, then that makes everything so much better. Can he not even shoot at the Swordbearer?

More testing would be great, but for us at least, yes it definitely worked. We never had a Titan go up to place a bubble near Crota. One less person at risk of dying, and one more helping us to kneel Crota on the window.

And no, he can't shoot the Swordbearer. Usually, he'd start heading down when we'd get the bearer down to 10% and we knew he was about to die. In the rare case he jumped down and the Swordbearer escaped death, he'd just agro him back to the middle where we'd finish him off.

More testing would be great, but for us at least, yes it definitely worked, we never had a Titan go up to place a bubble near Crota. One less person at risk of dying, and one more helping us to kneel Crota on the window.

And no, he can't shoot the Swordbearer. Usually, he'd start heading down when we'd get the bearer down to 10% and we knew he was about to die. In the rare case he jumped down and the Swordbearer escaped death, he'd just agro him back to the middle where we'd finish him off.

This sounds sweet. I'll definitely bring this strat up to my next group.

My last group had no titans, and we got Crota down to one hit left a decent amount of times. But the biggest trouble was the boomer Knights not staggering, and the Swordbearer hiding on the third sword.

Do they have a big impact difference or something?

I would think a 331 weapon would do a lot more damage than a 300 against level 33 mobs.

I'll have to check. Going to bed now.

It does have its advantages but the extra damage a firefly kill gives pretty much takes Fatebringer even higher in DPS

zewone

I'll have to check. Going to bed now.

It does have its advantages but the extra damage a firefly kill gives pretty much takes Fatebringer even higher in DPS
For small groups of mobs. For single target mobs like the yellow knights, firefly is wasted. Word will do more damage and at a higher rate of fire. They both have their applications.

Two Words

For small groups of mobs. For single target mobs like the yellow knights, firefly is wasted. Word will do more damage and at a higher rate of fire. They both have their applications.
Youre better off switching to your special weapon for beefy yellow Knights. Primary is best for mobs, special is better for strong single targets.

recks

Another Crota kill without a wipe, also got a kill without a Titan in the Fireteam. As long there's no glitches it's not that hard.

Steroyd

Black Hammer is way better for yellow knights, if you can stun lock them with the first hit just manipulate white nail to your advantage.

Steroyd

Another Crota kill without a wipe, also got a kill without a Titan in the Fireteam. As long there's no glitches it's not that hard.

This is what irritates me the most, plus if someone's connection is obviously fucking up the latency we may have to go LFG on their ass and ask them to leave because of it and there's no rhyme or reason for that either it happened to me on Wednesday even though my connection has always been solid with the exact same group I played with for months, it suddenly decided I was on a 56k modem or something ironically I've been solid green bars ever since that one day.

Seriously bungie? I complete your pos hard raid and I don't get a single raid gun? Energies and shards the entire time. ARRGGGGHHHHH T_T

No he can't. Also if he gets shot by boomers when he's down then the strat has already failed, boomer will track him all the way to Crota.

Doesn't seem like too bad of a compromise. One less person shooting at the Swordbearer just so he doesn't get boomer aggro. And because you don't need a Titan/dedicated sniper to deal with the boomers, you can have five people shooting at the Swordbearer AND downing Crota's shields.

recks

This is what irritates me the most, plus if someone's connection is obviously fucking up the latency we may have to go LFG on their ass and ask them to leave because of it and there's no rhyme or reason for that either it happened to me on Wednesday even though my connection has always been solid with the exact same group I played with for months, it suddenly decided I was on a 56k modem or something ironically I've been solid green bars ever since that one day.
Yeah, someone from our group was having connections problems earlier and it was glitching like crazy, swords disappearing, crota not going down no matter what, crystal/walls disappearing, enemies regenerating/teleporting everywhere. As soon he leaves everything got back to "normal", they really need to look into that.

Jinjo

Right, that's what he's saying. It also worked 95% of the time for us on our runs. If the player who runs down to get the sword doesn't fire at any of the enemies down there, the boomers will never shoot at them, even when they're getting the hits in on Crota. Everyone on the window should still be keeping an eye on them after each kneel just in case they do happen to turn. But like I said, 95% of the time they would just stand there staring at us on the window and not shoot a single shot.

We got each step of the whole run pretty much on lock down to the point where as soon as we get a run where no bugs occur, provided the sword runner knows his timing and can consistently get three R2 smashes each time, there's no reason we can't down Crota gauranteed.

Mind blown if true. That's a gamechanger right there.

zewone

Got Hunter and Warlock helmet from both hard raid clears tonight. Productive.

Thanks for the runs guys. Strategy is cake.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Kind of weird that each character I had got one raid weapon each. Titan got the Pulse, Hunter got the Auto and Warlock got the Scout. Which will be the one to get the Handcannon?

And here's our payout.

upload_convert.gif

And whowever was saying "Get the knights, get the knights" was cracking me up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
would've made sense, it seemed like there was some reason that sometimes they literally didn't shoot a single shot at me, other times they were completely focused on me.

Doesn't seem like too bad of a compromise. One less person shooting at the Swordbearer just so he doesn't get boomer aggro. And because you don't need a Titan/dedicated sniper to deal with the boomers, you can have five people shooting at the Swordbearer AND downing Crota's shields.

You can shoot him from top with your teammates, but when you jump down you have to go stealth. The boomers usually priorities whoever is closer to Crota, but if you slip past the courtyard unnoticed they won't bother you when you're actually hitting Crota. I dunno if its a glitch or AI bug, but we're not complaining :p

You can shoot him from top with your teammates, but when you jump down you have to go stealth. The boomers usually priorities whoever is closer to Crota, but if you slip past the courtyard unnoticed they won't bother you when you're actually hitting Crota. I dunno if its a glitch or AI bug, but we're not complaining :p

If you jump down from the windows, I don't imagine it's that hard to get by unnoticed by the boomers.

cilonen

Somehow I missed Hawkian's thoughts, I wondered why he didn't make this OT.

Good feelings, Hawk - I still want to raid with you sometime!

Personally, I wish people got this worked up about what the story actually means; raid bosses will always be overcome :)

HighOnPCP

Crota is down...three times!

Big shoutouts to the awesome group I ran it with especially x__xo__o

B2W6oARIcAAelZF.jpg:large

1sr run: Helmet and Glowhoo......ok
2nd run....Helmet...and fucking Glowhoo
3rd run.............WORD OF FUCKING CROTA

praise be

DJ88

I only tried it with invisibros but I suppose a Titan can do it, hugging the wall on left or right then bolting for the sword and then to the ledge.

Yeah our Hunter was doing it without going invisible. As long as he didn't shoot his weapon at all once down there, the boomers would ignore him.

Yeah our Hunter was doing it without going invisible. As long as he didn't shoot his weapon at all once down there, the boomers would ignore him.

That's great, it means we don't have to cycle sword runners in our team for three attempts. One guy who is good with sword timing can do it with all three classes.

Top Bottom