• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Crota checkpoint HM

1. Akademik209
2. Jaychoulo
3. Kartik21
4. Camokid42

Still have 2 slots available. Preferably 32 with gjallarhorn or hunger of crota.

Kind of weird that each character I had got one raid weapon each. Titan got the Pulse, Hunter got the Auto and Warlock got the Scout. Which will be the one to get the Handcannon?

And here's our payout.

upload_convert.gif

And whowever was saying "Get the knights, get the knights" was cracking me up.

That was probably me. Every time a Boomer shot headed towards Drizzay I freaked out.

Still in need of one crota kill this week. Got really close last night but stupid mistakesnstopped us from getting it.

Edit: we got one kill but than we tried on a titanless fireteAm and it just didnt work out...

Nodnol

I think I've missed a couple of OTs. Ain't no stopping DGAF!

Despite being under prepared, we jumped into CE HM last night at stupid o'clock. Everyone's tired, verging on dillusional and it doesn't take much to set people off laughing (we had a funny night doing normal CE).

Despite people being totally disorganized and eventually resorting to every man for himself, we made it to the bridge, and then turned in for the night. Feeling it this morning though.

Anyway, got the Pulse Rifle; what's everyone's opinion on it?

CLBridges

Despite being under prepared, we jumped into CE HM last night at stupid o'clock. Everyone's tired, verging on dillusional and it doesn't take much to set people off laughing (we had a funny night doing normal CE).

Despite people being totally disorganized and eventually resorting to every man for himself, we made it to the bridge, and then turned in for the night. Feeling it this morning though.

If you're a fan of the pulse rifle, you may like it since it can go full auto and has a decent rate of fire. Impact is low but the Arc on a primary will be useful during those Arc burn Nightfalls. I'll use mine occasionally just to do so, but once you get the Scout with Arc damage, I don't see the point in using the pulse.

Not great so far. Not fully upgraded yet tho.

Steroyd

It's main problem is that it's a pulse rifle.

Seems it'd be more useful than the Timepiece, first impressions of it unupgraded is positive, I think it shoots through knight shields with one of the perks so it'd be perfect for this weeks nightfall come to think of it.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
It's so easy to kill HM crota lol. Just got a very easy kill with a new team. Can't believe we were freaking out on day 1.

Nodnol

If you're a fan of the pulse rifle, you may like it since it can go full auto and has a decent rate of fire. Impact is low but the Arc on a primary will be useful during those Arc burn Nightfalls. I'll use mine occasionally just to do so, but once you get the Scout with Arc damage, I don't see the point in using the pulse.

Not great so far. Not fully upgraded yet tho.

It's main problem is that it's a pulse rifle.

Seems it'd be more useful than the Timepiece, first impressions of it unupgraded is positive, I think it shoots through knight shields with one of the perks so it'd be perfect for this weeks nightfall come to think of it.

Yeah I don't really touch Pulse Rifles, but I never did get Fatebringer so an Arc primary is welcome.

I'll unlock everything sans the damage upgrades requiring Radiant Energies and see how it performs. I'm not a massive fan of low impact weapons in general to be honest; HCs and SRs all the way.

I think 5/6 of us got it at the same checkpoint. The other guy wasn't amused!

KxoZz

It's so easy to kill HM crota lol. Just got a very easy kill with a new team. Can't believe we were freaking out on day 1.

That's how it works :p
Give people a few days andy they come up with the best/easiest strategy.

I'll probably never do the strat i did with team husk again since it requires like a billion titan bubbles and is dependant on good behaviour from crota, swordbearer and tower knights, but it worked and it was fun to develop.

randomraaawr said:
This happened to anyone else before? The lamp disappeared when I tried to cheese the maze earlier. Like not even blown up. But completely vanished

Were you able to solo lamps and bridge on heroic? If yes could you upload a video of your strategy? I've been meaning to try and see how I go. Thanks.

deicide2673

Neo Member
Been trying to kill Crota and it's just not happening:( got him down to basically nothing three times last night but he just wouldn't go down.
If anyone is running him I would love to join up and see what strat you use to take him down.
Cheers

So Dgaf I've been busy making a workdesk and installing a monitor mount for my room. I usualy spend my weekends doing this and I think it's finally reached a spot where I can show it to people :)

Also it does this :-D

I still need to tweak the monitor mount and paint the desk.
I've already made a small scale motorized version an that's what i'm going to do next

GAF XBOX ONE Destiny (& crota hm) list thus far;

- Liquidsnake00 (32 Hunter)
- randomraawr
- dmh33 (32 Warlock x2 [dirty])
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona (32 Hunter)
- purg3 (32 Titan x3)
- Iceman829 (32 Hunter, 32 Warlock, 31 Titan)
- Homeboyd903 (32 Titan x3)
- TacticalFailure (32 Titan, 31 warlock, 31 hunter)
- yLEFTy (32 titan and hunter and 31 warlock)
- Mortalikus (32 Titan)
- Ev0lved1 (31 Titan)
- SimpleCRIPPLE (32 Titan(x2))
- Vince DiCola (32 Warlock, 31 Titan, 31 Hunter)
- Karl2177 (32 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock)
- Macjester (31 Hunter, 31 Titan, 30 Warlock -- very soon 31)
- Toejam2501 (32 Warlocks x2, 31 Titan)
- Guitaratomik (Warlock 31 (Titan 31 soon))
- NJ Shlice (32 Warlock, 32 Titan, 31 Hunter)
- misterthirsty (32 Titan x2 and 31 warlock)
- rlench (30 Titan)
- justkelson (32 Titan, 31 Hunter (soon to be 32), 31 Warlock)
- Natural vV High (32 Hunter, 31 Titan)
- Ruze789 (31 Warlock, lowly 29 Hunter & Titan)

Feel free to add everyone to your friend's lists.

Going to lunch now so feel free to PM me so I don't miss your post to be added.

Hi, add me as well.

GT: mocolostrocolos (29 Warlock)

noomi

So is there a new strat now, or everyone still using titan bubble by crota? and doing ogres in the room under boomers?

Kydd BlaZe

Need to kill Crota again with my 32 titan. Beat it yesterday with an awesome group of gaffers in about 5 tries. Got a really solid strategy that works really well for boomers and ogres.

Gonna try to get a group going here in a few to take Crota down again.

Kydd BlaZe

So is there a new strat now, or everyone still using titan bubble by crota? and doing ogres in the room under boomers?
My group used two titan bubbles on the boomer tower so that the boomers cant hit the sword bearer as he damages crota. I like that strategy much better than the bubble right by crota.

Apparently if the sword carrier doesn't shoot any enemies before picking up the sword, the boomers will not fire at them...maybe even for Crota...if so, a sniper can still stun them as distraction, we will try it next week.

Orges as normal, could try 3 in each room but not much advantage to this.

Jinjo

Swordbearer doesn't fire a single round at any enemy when he goes into the pit. Apparently that way the boomers don't agro on the swordbearer, even when he is hammering on Crota. Obviously you don't use a Titan bubble near Crota this way (not needed). The rest of the strat stays the same.

phen0m24

Looks around....

Drizzy? Rawr? Do you guys sleep?

Going to try HM today with Narmer byte and ragarra.

It was a fast break. But I got stuff done last night. I'm proud of myself. :)

Swordbearer doesn't fire a single round at any enemy when he goes into the pit. Apparently that way the boomers don't agro on the swordbearer, even when he is hammering on Crota. Obviously you don't use a Titan bubble near Crota this way (not needed). The rest of the strat stays the same.

Humm... Can he still help with the swordbearer from the window before jumping down?

Top Bottom