• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

So it seems you can't really get double loot from doing just Hard Raid.

I did it twice this week and didn't get either Word or Crux (no one has) -- but I did end up getting all the other primaries. Which means the two things I want are the ONLY things I can get.

But no one got Black Hammer or anything from Hard Raid. Do you still get loot doing it on Normal?

Because it feels as if you should do Normal and then Hard each week otherwise you miss a chance to get non Primaries.

It seems you can get double loot. Just one drop from normal loot and inner from hard. Instead of 2 drops form the hard loot table like vog

What this gentleman said.

Underwaterthing, are you trying to get into a VoG Raid today? My good friend is trying to run VoG HM for his very first time. I figured I would take him in style. I'll be getting a group together later today. Maybe in about 5 hours or so?

If I'm online send me an invite and I'll hop in.5 hours from now I might not be home tho (gym).

Nothus

Just a couple of tips that I think might have made things a little easier for my fireteam when we managed to beat HM Crota (apologies if already posted):

Have a titan pop a blessing of light bubble just before the gates go down at the start of the fight. Everyone jumps in and gets the temporary shield, this way if an acolyte tags you it will only deplete your 'blue' health bar and not your permanent health bar.

Use you supers at the beginning to finish off the yellow health knights and generate as many orbs as you can. Our designated sword carrier was a hunter wearing the mask of the third man, so he could regen his health in between sword carries by picking up the orbs.

We didn't use titan bubbles to block boomer knights, we just killed one boomer knight on each side (preferably the one facing Crota). This meant that everyone could focus on taking Crota down and the remaining knights did not shoot at the sword carrier.

Taking down the Ogres has already been discussed, but hiding in the right tower worked well for us.

phen0m24

I know it's all about Crota these days but I'm new to the raid business and have run through Vault of Glass a couple of times. Just wondering what you guys' favourite loadouts are for this?

Atheon? VoG?

Maxed weapons assuming you don't have the raid primaries: Atheon's Epilogue, Corrective Measure, Praedyth's Revenge

If you don't have those

Ice Breaker is a great option for Oracles/Templar section
Anything with void damage great for bringing down Praetorian shields
Super Good Advice is great for oracles when teleported at Atheon

If I'm online send me an invite and I'll hop in.5 hours from now I might not be home tho (gym).
Tubular! Having a friend join into the game late, get hooked, and then experiencing all of this anew is really a refreshing experience for me. Guiding my friend, helping him with old content, watching him as he levels 28, 29, and now 30 has been a lot of fun. Plus, he loves Crucible, so I have an automatic Crucible buddy. :D

Silver, I'm chilling in Destiny with you, but shoot me a PSN message when everyone starts joining. I am switching inputs to watch something else (I've a plasma, so staying at one static screen is a no-no).

Raybunny

I'm willing to run it again with you guys. I'll start another group after we kill crota and if you're online :)

Really nice of you to help. Thanks :)

I will join Robdraggoo at the bridge and after this run, I am whiling to do it a couple more times. Will keep an eye on the thread.

Can you elaborate?

If I do Hard Crota and get all the possible loot, can I still get loot from normal? (except deathsinger)

You won't be able to no.

I did hard mode only on my Titan full way through and the app filled all the 4 boxes for normal and hard.

I did normal first and then hard on my warlock and I only got one drop per area on hard but got multiple drops on Crota but that is because Crota always has multiple drops.

Seems like if you want a chance at the non primaries you have to do normal first. I haven't seen anyone get the non primaries on hard Crota.

Tubular! Having a friend join into the game late, get hooked, and then experiencing all of this anew is really a refreshing experience for me. Guiding my friend, helping him with old content, watching him as he levels 28, 29, and now 30 has been a lot of fun. Plus, he loves Crucible, so I have an automatic Crucible buddy. :D

Silver, I'm chilling in Destiny with you, but shoot me a PSN message when everyone starts joining. I am switching inputs to watch something else (I've a plasma, so staying at one static screen is a no-no).

Ok. I'm watching Shark 2 with destiny on Vita so I can see if ppl start joining the party/fireteam.

You won't be able to no.

I did hard mode only on my Titan full way through and the app filled all the 4 boxes for normal and hard.

I did normal first and then hard on my warlock and I only got one drop per area on hard but got multiple drops on Crota but that is because Crota always has multiple drops.

Seems like if you want a chance at the non primaries you have to do normal first. I haven't seen anyone get the non primaries on hard Crota.

Oh. I get it. Since I still need Black Hammer, I should probably kill Crota on normal with my hunter before doing hard.

Anyone wants to do normal crota right now?

Stubo

Just hit 32 on my warlock, yay!
GAF XBOX ONE Destiny (& crota hm) list thus far;

- Liquidsnake00 (32 Hunter)
- randomraawr
- dmh33 (32 Warlock x2 [dirty])
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona (32 Hunter)
- purg3 (32 Titan x3)
- Iceman829 (32 Hunter, 32 Warlock, 31 Titan)
- Homeboyd903 (32 Titan x3)
- TacticalFailure (32 Titan, 31 warlock, 31 hunter)
- yLEFTy (32 titan and hunter and 31 warlock)
- Mortalikus (32 Titan)
- Ev0lved1 (31 Titan)
- SimpleCRIPPLE (32 Titan(x2))
- Vince DiCola (32 Warlock, 31 Titan, 31 Hunter)
- Karl2177 (32 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock)
- Macjester (31 Hunter, 31 Titan, 30 Warlock -- very soon 31)
- Toejam2501 (32 Warlocks x2, 31 Titan)
- Guitaratomik (Warlock 31 (Titan 31 soon))
- NJ Shlice (32 Warlock, 32 Titan, 31 Hunter)
- misterthirsty (32 Titan x2 and 31 warlock)
- rlench (30 Titan)
- justkelson (32 Titan, 31 Hunter (soon to be 32), 31 Warlock)
- Natural vV High (32 Hunter, 31 Titan)

Feel free to add everyone to your friend's lists.

Going to lunch now so feel free to PM me so I don't miss your post to be added.
Stubo89 (32 Titan, 32 Hunter, 32 Warlock)

Ok. I'm watching Shark 2 with destiny on Vita so I can see if ppl start joining the party/fireteam.
I was thinking of playing Persona 4 on my Vita, but that is a damned fine idea!

Do you have a Vita 1000 or 2000? I just made the switch to the 2000. The lack of OLED has taken some considerable time to get adjusted to, but I find the 2000 better in just about every other aspect.

Who was it that defeated Crota on HM using RemotePlay on their Vita here? 'Cause that was some straight Jedi skills there.

I had done something similar at my previous job, platinuming Resogun via RemotePlay. Though that was at a University on dark fiber to my home 25 miles away. I can't possibly do anything like that now, as I work 60 miles away and my company throttles the hell out of the wifi connection. Damn, I miss Higher Ed!

Almost 31 on my Hunter, should I wait and continue upgrading my last legendary to reach 31 or just jump into Crota now? Never done it before, bit worried as I don't even have the good VoG weapons yet, they refuse to drop for me.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018429167066/2305843009215325630 My hunter.

Do normal Crota at 30. If you have friends at 31/32 they should be able to carry you just fine.

I've finished with a couple of 29's on the team once.

Oh. I get it. Since I still need Black Hammer, I should probably kill Crota on normal with my hunter before doing hard.

Anyone wants to do normal crota right now?
I can hop on my alt and run it, if you need the extra body. However, if someone else needs it, then pass on me. It's just an alt run for me.

Deku Tree

Everyone calls the wizards witches. Not sure why... Even on the worlds first Crota HM video the player was calling them witches Lolz.

bitsurugi

Note to self:

Don't fucking do Siege of the Warmind without a RL with tracking! Fucking witches...

I just use the Auto rifle from raid from now on. It's hilariously good with its proc.

On another note, since tomowwor, i will not need to do bounties. Got EVERYTHING maxed, exept the pulse from raid, which is at 1/2 already and the damn Thunderlord, which eludes me since day1. All other legendaries and exotics maxed out.

Game over? Non stop PVP time?

Do you have a Vita 1000 or 2000? I just made the switch to the 2000. The lack of OLED has taken some considerable time to get adjusted to, but I find the 2000 better in just about every other aspect.

Who was it that defeated Crota on HM using RemotePlay on their Vita here? 'Cause that was some straight Jedi skills there.

I have one of each Vita. Gonna sell one but havent decided which. Like you said, 2000 is better at everything else, but I hate the green "tint" you get from the lcd screen. Real collors of the OLED make a huge difference for me.

And that wizard was Macello. I've done 99% of this game on vita, but hard crota I think is a "Macello Exclusive" at this point. lol

Namikaze1

I thought the Hive wizards are female? I've been calling them witches cause I was under the impression the Hive wizard were all females.

Top Bottom