• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT2| The Last Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my 13th strange coin.

22 minutes after Xur left until next weekend. I wonder how much this game sells for on eBay.

Good god, I am happy I decided to get the weekly strike done last night instead of sleeping. I would have been mads as fuck if I spent all of yesterday farming shit and that helm was gone.

Zomba13

Good god, I am happy I decided to get the weekly strike done last night instead of sleeping. I would have been mads as fuck if I spent all of yesterday farming shit and that helm was gone.

I couldn't do the weekly strike at 26 to get the 3 more coins because the game wouldn't give me any loot to get to the level to do it.

yatesl

I was doing it with gaffers but my internet cut off. I'm boiling inside

Razma1

Ya I think its time to chill on this PvP until people who leave get punished. 50% of my games i have less then a full team and in this game you can snowball pretty hard with the orb of light feature.

Don't even get me started on the loot distribution in PvP that's a mess.

Skele7on

Banned
Yup. Sounds like everyone just got their 13th coin within an hour of Xur leaving.

At risk of throwing my toys out of the pram, it's soured the game for me. "He's here weekends" = Friday (?) and 10am Sunday

Listen man he's a church goer he has to leave or he will fear the wrath of god...

Klyka

Banned
So I'm posting my question here since it's so hard to find info related to Destiny on Gaf right now.

What is expected exactly in term of additional content? I'm still on the fence about buying this game, I enjoyed the beta but I'm predominantly against paying dlc. I sometimes buy dlc (Dishonored, GTA etc...) but I will not put the price of a game in additional content in order to finally have some depth and variety.
Do they plan to add some game changing content for free or is it sure that we will have to pay for it?

Well there are at least 4 areas that I know of that you can get to the entrance but not actually enter. Those will probably be unlocked. Then there is the Reef which has zero missions at the moment so can easily be expanded (missions on ships/asteroids? yes please!)

Ark

I couldn't do the weekly strike at 26 to get the 3 more coins because the game wouldn't give me any loot to get to the level to do it.

I feel your pain. I just got a legendary engram from the daily heroic story and it gave me level 20 boots LOL. The loot RNG system really is such bullshit.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, I just got an auto mode pulse gun legendary. My first legendary... Fuck me

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Where do I get Relic Iron?

Zomba13

Yup. Sounds like everyone just got their 13th coin within an hour of Xur leaving.

At risk of throwing my toys out of the pram, it's soured the game for me. "He's here weekends" = Friday (?) and 10am Sunday

Yup same here. He's a "weekend" vendor and it's fucking Sunday morning where I am. Where I'm from the Weekend is, the weekend. The two days a lot of people have off work and kids have off school. If you wanna be generous count friday too but don't leave out a day.

And it's not like I wasn't fucking trying to get the coins. They drop either randomly, one a day from a public event or from the weekly strikes. I just about got to the level to do the "normal" version and Public events are so fucking rare you have to run around a spawn zone for like an hour for it to pop. Fucking sucks that I was so close but now I won't get the gloves. I really wanted them. They looked cool and had some cool effects. Now next week it'll by some bullshit that I can't use or don't want.

lunchtoast

End boss
was a letdown. Was hoping for a giant monster, but just 3 of the same type of monster you already fought spawned by a giant blob.

I don't think I would have been able to do the lv 26 weekly period. I haven't played a console fps in a really long time and it turns out I am not that great at them. These higher level things seem to take away the part of the game I find really fun, the movement abilities, with there being one shots all over the place. Well and I was up for 20 hours for the second day in a row so theres that, but god damn did that lv 22 seem hard.

ducksauce

So do we vanguard marks for the daily heroic story mission? I thought I read somewhere that we do but I'm looking at the new one posted today and it doesn't say anything about Vanguard marks

Tovarisc

I feel your pain. I just got a legendary engram from the daily heroic story and it gave me level 20 boots LOL. The loot RNG system really is such bullshit.

I have gotten total of ~6 legendary engrams.

1x Titan legendary
1x Hunter legendary
4x lvl <20 blue gear

I don't play Titan nor Hunter.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Ok so I decided to rank up to like level 15 before playing the story just so I could experience some fun. Right now I'm level 21 and I'm on Level 8 story on the Moon.

So far I've unlocked about 7 uncommon weapons/engrams and just now looted 2 rare armour pieces. Yet I played fuck loads of Strikes and PVP yesterday and got nothing.

Jolkien

Any people on ps4 wanna do the 2 heroic for the PvE bounty ? Got a mic if you wanna talk otherwise I can just mute it :p psn: Nakhar. (Can run it on any setting, light level 26)

I really shit the bed when I was doing Sword of Crota for Daily Heroic. Tried to do a combination of the sword and my current weapons to take down the three princes. Died more times than I would have preferred >.<

Shame Xur is already gone for the weekend, but I can't complain. I only had nine strange coins on me. By the time the next weekly strike rolls around, I should be more than ready to take on the higher levels to get more coins (at Level 22)

Zomba13

Ok so I decided to rank up to like level 15 before playing the story just so I could experience some fun. Right now I'm level 21 and I'm on Level 8 story on the Moon.

So far I've unlocked about 7 uncommon weapons/engrams and just now looted 2 rare armour pieces. Yet I played fuck loads of Strikes and PVP yesterday and got nothing.

It's all completely random. Doesn't matter how good you are or how many things you do it's completely random. Also, you're always more likely to get a lower tier than what you think because screw you for hoping that purple you got actually turns out to be a purple.

QaaQer

See i look at Destiny differently, i see what is currently released as being nothing more than the bare minimum groundwork with a vauge story that serves only to introduce the guardians and the enemies, while presenting the player with certain plot points that are not followed up on.

I consider it a hub from which they intend to grow the game in all aspects, we go through story lines and are introduced to things like the last warmind rasputin activating and eventually reaching out to and using other networks but its left at that, the situation with the queen and her brother is also left ambiguous. I feel as though they have huge plans for where to take both the gameplay and the story but want to do so over the course of time and use these updates for both revenue and to keep the core players interested or at least wiling to hold on to the game and pick up play again when they next feel the desire.

with that in mind it makes much more sense to me, and the overly obviois suggestion at the end of the story currently that states in no uncertain terms that this is just the beginning only further underlines that.

what I see is an attempt to make an mmo with a monthly charge and regular content updates that was changed to a regular $60 game plus paid dlc model halfway through development because of the mmo collapse in 2012, which fucked everything up.

As it stands, all this grinding and gear-upping will have no effect on how you start Destiny 2, so why bother. At least in WoW, you can have the same character in new expansions, and I think that is what Bungie originally wanted, a persistent character in a persistant world.

I have gotten total of ~6 legendary engrams.

1x Titan legendary
1x Hunter legendary
4x lvl <20 blue gear

I don't play Titan nor Hunter.

I got 6 just from drops yesterday and 1 from pvp, with another like 6 from getting new ranks with the cryptarch. Only 1 usable legendary pulse rifle from them all, and 2 legendarys from other classes. All the rest were blues.

Guess I shouldn't be mad since the day before I got an exotic sniper rifle from a pvp one, and a usable helm from a blue engrame. Course my only usable piece of gear is what I replace with the strange coin item, but oh well.

BradC00

i read somewhere that you can buy an item from like 1 of 3 different factions, and wear that and get marks and rep for that faction, is that true and if so, where are these factions at? im at max token for vanguard and crucible.

Jolkien

Sorry B-Dex I mean the strike on the moon and devils lair that we gotta run today. I already ran that one only missing the lvl 28

Ken

i read somewhere that you can buy an item from like 1 of 3 different factions, and wear that and get marks and rep for that faction, is that true and if so, where are these factions at? im at max token for vanguard and crucible.

Hangar part of the tower. Check a map.

Zok310

Banned

I have no idea why this Xur fella have to leave only to come back 5 days later, what does that add to the game, make no sense.

Bungie should just have him stay but refresh his inventory every 48 hours. Why the hell would you pull him off the server on a Sunday, fucked over lots of folks in the Western Hemisphere trying to grind for them coins.

Lots of dumb shit in this game, from bullet sponge ai, to shit ass loot drops, to a pretty weak PVP, in addition to a pretty crappy campaign.
It's any wonder why reviewers are dumping on the game. Fell for the hype I suppose.

There's one faction on the left side of the Tower, and two on the right side

Public event... And I'm the only one on the server. :lol

Managed to liberate two of the Glimmer extractors before the Fallen at the third got me. I have some leveling to do.

Probably should have been able to clear it, but I just got up and my aim is terrible. Seriously, I had to switch from my adored Hand Cannon because I couldn't hit anything. :lol

Razma1

what I see is an attempt to make an mmo with a monthly charge and regular content updates that was changed to a regular $60 game plus paid dlc model halfway through development because of the mmo collapse in 2012, which fucked everything up.

As it stands, all this grinding and gear-upping will have no effect on how you start Destiny 2, so why bother. At least in WoW, you can have the same character in new expansions, and I think that is what Bungie originally wanted, a persistent character in a persistant world.

Certainly feels like an MMO launch with the crazy lack of features. I've seen this too much with the lack of customization/social options in games that just make them so meh. I wish they would've just called it an MMO and put in real voice chat, text chat, something like symbol art from PSO2. There is so many QoL features missing that I honestly have no idea what Bungie was thinking.

Fun game but can be very frustrating with how hard it is to interact with people in an online only game.

red731

Anybody from DGAF EU 3 wanna do the strike for the clan trophy? We need 1 more guy

mhNTMYk.gif

Come and join us :)

anddo0

Stuck at lvl 21, Strikes aren't giving me any good light armor drops (all lvl 16/17 light helmets)

At this rate I won't be playing raids anytime soon :(

At lvl 20 after doing the story the goal is to get better loot which you get randomly via drops in PVE areas (patrols, missions and stikes) or in the rewards screens after strikes and PVP matches. Just keep queuing and praying to the RNG.

Does finishing the story matter in terms of drops?

I've done like one mission after finishing the Moon.

I've competed in Strike Playlist, daily/weekly challenges, and a ton of PVP (which I don't like) and the returns have been next to nothing.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
It's all completely random. Doesn't matter how good you are or how many things you do it's completely random. Also, you're always more likely to get a lower tier than what you think because screw you for hoping that purple you got actually turns out to be a purple.

Took the items to the Cryptarch and got a Rare 226 Knight Type 5 Helmet and a Rare 230 Dammerung FR5 Fushion Rifle. So not bad. :D

In the tower. You need 2500 Glimmer to buy a Mark item. They both offer 2 different designs. Check the map to see their exact position.

Tower North
  • New Monarchy
Tower Hangar
  • Dead Orbit
  • Future War Cult

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
DestinyEU 2! Anybody want to do the weekly heroic strike later today?

I am a bit obsessed with platinum trophies and we get a silver if we complete a strike together (sorry!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom