• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT2| The Last Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit 20.

So tell me if I get this. I find armor that has a Light rating. Right now I only have two, with a 5 rating each. It says my total Light is 20. Oh wait, I just realized. On my character screen the big 20 LIGHT is my Light Level not my current amount of Light, isn't it. So currently my amount of Light is 11? (One of my armors got upgraded from 5 to 6 light.)

Obvs question, what are the armors that are the highest light level and where do I get them?

Moobabe

Each faction favor 2 stat, even the Vanguard and Crucible option

Each takes 2 of the stats and uses them

So for Warlock, Future War Cult is the way to go in that you get Intellect and Discipline
More faster rate of Nova Bomb/Grenade being on cooldown

Ah thanks man - guess I picked the wrong one

FUCK.MY.LIFE!

I just got my first legendary engram and OFCOURSE it is a HUNTER head piece!
What is wrong with bungie?
This happens all the time! I NEVER fucking get gear for MY class!

Rant over.

Afro

so here's my concern. what if i spend hours farming for materials to upgrade my legendary gauntlets, but find some cooler exotic ones a few days later. can i get all those materials back if i dismantle the legendary ones or did i just waste my time?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Ah thanks man - guess I picked the wrong one

Not really, either just adjust to it

If it has Strength, mean faster melee, does come super fucking handy, when you have gear that melee kills lowers your cooldown of grenades hell super

ColEx

Anyone have an answer for this? Factions aren't really explained

Some user from Reddit said:
Dead Orbit: DIS/STR
Future War Cult: INT/DIS
New Monarchy: INT/STR

An easier way to look at this:

Dead Orbit: Melee and Grenades
Future War Cult: Grenades and Super
New Monarchy: Super and Melee

Each faction has a stat combo for gear, you just need to pick the faction that offers the stat combo you want.

I think this is how it works. Here is the link http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2g7lxk/guide_factions/

angryjoes mate who is grinding a character for Ajs review is raging on stream - most popular live playstation channel -

he is very upset that the legendary engrams of which he has found about 60 over many many hours of grinding, decode mostly to greens and blues.

basically he strongly dislikes the game here is his review:
"I give it a 6 and I am being kind and joe agrees with me". (very slightly above average). story 4 out of 10, pvp 5 out of 10. graphics makes it a 6.

RalchAC

Is PvP in the game really unbalanced? I tried to have some matches but I get my ass kicked by level 20 players while I'm unable to even destroy their shield.

I use that weapon that shots 3 bullets at time... I dunno what's the name in English.

I'm at level 8, my GAF name is my Destiny name. If somebody wants to play with me add me to Psn!

BokehKing

Banned
angryjoes mate who is grinding a character for Ajs review is raging on stream - most popular live playstation channel -

he is very upset that the legendary engrams of which he has found about 60 over many many hours of grinding, decode mostly to greens and blues.

basically he strongly dislikes the game here is his review:
"I give it a 6 and I am being kind and joe agrees with me". (very slightly above average). story 4 out of 10, pvp 5 out of 10. graphics makes it a 6.
Sounds like if he got better rolls his score would not be that low

*shrug* dudes review means nothing

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Game is as balanced as a potatoe.

Hixx

Man today's Crucible bounties are great. Kill 25x Titans and Hunters, 20 melee kills, 5 Postmortem medals, 5 games of Clash. Knock all of them out in the 5 games of clash no problem!

Ambitious

Two questions:
  • The achievement-like thingies in the Crucible (First Kill, Postmortem, ...), what's their purpose? Just extra points?
  • The up arrow in the bottom character screen is glowing permanently, indicating that I got new weapons/armor or available upgrades - but I've checked everything, including the upgrade screens of all my gear. Is this a known glitch?

Zomba13

Sounds like if he got better rolls his score would not be that low

*shrug* dudes review means nothing

Sounds like he's frustrated with the bullshit drop system. And his review does mean something, it's his opinion of the game and it's affected by the bullshit drop system and by the lack of a story.

Is PvP in the game really unbalanced? I tried to have some matches but I get my ass kicked by level 20 players while I'm unable to even destroy their shield.

I use that weapon that shots 3 bullets at time... I dunno what's the name in English.

I'm at level 8, my GAF name is my Destiny name. If somebody wants to play with me add me to Psn!

Not really but I've noticed the current lag can favor players over others. Weapon abilities make a small difference but not a major one. I'm level 26 and regularly have my ass handed to me by skilled level 7's etc.

Another good way to do the 2 kill fusion rifle bounty is with Vex Goblins. Shoot off their heads and they beeline towards you like the Thralls.

SSReborn

I honestly don't think its balanced in terms of the different level scaling. Like now that I'm level 20 I don't find that I have problems and I feel that the balance is better but before that oh boy. I feel like lower leveled players going up against level 20's are at a big disadvantage because some of the stats boosters you get from later guns are really strong.

Hit 20.

So tell me if I get this. I find armor that has a Light rating. Right now I only have two, with a 5 rating each. It says my total Light is 20. Oh wait, I just realized. On my character screen the big 20 LIGHT is my Light Level not my current amount of Light, isn't it. So currently my amount of Light is 11? (One of my armors got upgraded from 5 to 6 light.)

Obvs question, what are the armors that are the highest light level and where do I get them?

You will find better armor from the same places that drop everything. Higher armor just has light characteristics, nothing different then higher power weapons. Loot scales to your level (most of the time.)

so here's my concern. what if i spend hours farming for materials to upgrade my legendary gauntlets, but find some cooler exotic ones a few days later. can i get all those materials back if i dismantle the legendary ones or did i just waste my time?

You wish.

Ran into a match this morning with somebody who had a fusion rifle that could basically snipe 1 hit kill from half way across a map, and thats not an exaggeration. Idk guys, Crucible is kind of bullshit. Gotta get that faction rank though.

hunchback

I must be suck at FPS because I'm getting my butt handed to me. I'm level 6 but my Hunter is weak. All of my weapons are common except one. I'm currently trying to do the Array mission on Earth and I barely survive the first wave. As soon as the second wave starts they kill me within a minute. I have went on patrols doing bounties but no weapons drop and glimmer payout isn't much. I played the beta and didn't have this problem. I've also never had this much trouble with any other shooter.
What should I do? Should I start playing PvP and hope for loot and glimmer? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Define waisted potential:

When you have the following doing voices for your OMG EPIC SCI-FI SPACE OPERA.... and do nothing with them:

Bill%20Nighy%202.jpg

james-remar-greys-anatomy-character.jpg

NathanFillion.jpg

MM+2011+Lucifer.jpg

tv_fringe_lance_reddick_01.jpg

Peter_Dinklage_Golden_Globes_2012.png

175px-ShohrehAghdashloo08TIFF.jpg

And these are just the ones I've recognized....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom