• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT2| The Last Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying out the Nightfall strike solo. Wish me luck!!

Just kidding, I'm only in it to farm 200 fusion rifle kills for my exotic bounty. Gonna be a while -_-

ocean

Banned
These are very good tips thanks.

I suck at PvP too. I thought that higher level players had an advantage but now i just read that they don't!

What's the use of buying the crucible weapons then?
Well a lot of people, for the sake of brevity, say weapons are normalized and leave it at that. It's not that simple. Their attack power is normalized, the rest of the attributes aren't. So if you rock a legendary vs an entry level weapon, you'll have a better impact/reload/mag size/range setup. That definitely helps. Plus, better weapons and armor have stats boosts that do carry over to PvP, like better cool down times on specific skills. None of this will make a fully decked out player 2x better than a regular gear cat, but these small perks do add up.

Overall, the main trick to doing well isn't gearing up but 1. learning each map's layout and 2. hitting dat head. Some maps I always know I'll rock in, others I still get raped. Give it time :)

TyrantII

Your abilities keep leveling up, even even you hit 20.

Your subclass does start from scratch though. No super, no grenade, no double-jump.

You can switch back if you want, but you only level up the active subclass.

Pro tip: so switch to it when the last boss on a mission has a sliver of health or before you turn in bounties. The large XP gains will quicken the process.

I stuck with void as he's my main and what I wanted originally.
I will roll another character with sun though, and not really seen any gameplay of the abilities

Void is really, really good in PVP I think. You can lay out so much damage with that super. That said, I've really been enjoying playing around with the Sunsinger subclass. I'm just about to max it out to grab the ability that grants a second grenade. Freezing in the air during a Glide to take down enemies with a couple well-placed Matrix-style Hand Cannon shots is ultra-satisfying, though. Gonna be a trade-off, for sure. Sunsinger is a very interesting class for support and PVE stuff, too.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I love that Strikes match you with people around your level. Just wiped the Earth Strike for the bounty, and got the Flawless Strike trophy, too. Fun times!

MrDaravon

Crucible REALLY isn't doing it for me at all.

-Even with level advantages being disabled, there's seemingly way too much inconsistency with how my weapons perform. Sometimes my shotgun will point blank kill enemies no problems. Most of the time though it doesn't, and often times two shots point blank don't do it. Is it lag? Is my weapon just not good enough? How do I tell? I can't improve without feedback, otherwise I just have to assume it's the gun.

-I honestly think every single map except for Venus is pretty awful. I think I've played all of them at this point, but I'm not 100% sure. Several feel too big for the playercount on them, and I think they're boring and very pooly laid out in most cases.

-Way way way too much stuff just one shots you (and alternatively one shots others). I feel like the majority of both my kills and deaths are kind of bullshit all around. Loosely speaking in FPS games there's generally oneshot kill weapons like rocket launchers, snipers, etc. In this game you have all of that but then you also have special abilities that unless you very clearly see coming will do the same thing. If you're at all competent it is super easy to get the drop on and kill people with your super, and unless you cleanly see them coming it's incredibly difficult to stop them. Even my gun vs gun encounters feel super quick which makes me think they intentionally wanted it to be very fast and frantic, but it doesn't really get up to arena shooter speeds so I don't feel like it works in that regard.

-The post game rewards are pretty bullshit. I have literally not once seen first place get a reward, which is hilarious. I'm almost never first place so that's not even me complaining, I've gotten rewards for being near the bottom. I agree with the idea that there needs to be at least a chance for anyone to get something (otherwise people who are awful have no incentive), but they've gone way too hard in the exact opposite direction. As a result many of the matches I've been in have had people AFK on both sides because they either don't like or don't care about Crucible but want the rewards. I have seen 0/0 people get legendaries. It's fucking stupid.

I'm sticking with it for now because it's fun to an extent with friends, but at the same time any game outside "murder your friends" is more fun with friends, so that's a pretty shit excuse. I certainly play PvP in games, but it's not doing it for me here, and if they're going to lock meaningful PvE gear behind crucible marks I'm probably out at that point.

TyrantII

Well a lot of people, for the sake of brevity, say weapons are normalized and leave it at that. It's not that simple. Their attack power is normalized, the rest of the attributes aren't. So if you rock a legendary vs an entry level weapon, you'll have a better impact/reload/mag size/range setup. That definitely helps. Plus, better weapons and armor have stats boosts that do carry over to PvP, like better cool down times on specific skills. None of this will make a fully decked out player 2x better than a regular gear cat, but these small perks do add up.

Overall, the main trick to doing well isn't gearing up but 1. learning each map's layout and 2. hitting dat head. Some maps I always know I'll rock in, others I still get raped. Give it time :)

Does damaged being normalized mean a full clip from an auto rifle always deals the same? So finding one with a small clip and fast fire rate makes it better than one with a fast fire rate and 75 rounds in the clip?

nib95

Banned
A few questions I thought you guys might know.

Firstly, where is this exclusive gear that Playstation players were supposed to get? Not seen it anywhere.

Also, I had the Vanguard Edition and entered the code, but have yet to see any of this Vanguard equipment. Where exactly do you find it?

Cheers.

Ken

I think Sunsingers can work in PVP but you have to be careful with when you pop Radiance because all other supers dominate it.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
This farming area on Venus is nuts, I've picked up so many green items in such a short time. I'm just discarding them though for plasteel plating and glimmer.

Guess I'm probably just best of finishing one of the subclasses first then? I want to switch to Defender Titan, but I'm in the middle of the story.

For co-op, I'd switch to Defender immediately.

I kept focusing on Striker for a while and ended up regretting it, and the late switch was a pain in the ass.

todahawk

play salvage, both my chickenshit teammates leave shortly into the match because we're getting beat. I stick it out, am actually somewhat competitive even being outnumbered 3-1. end game results, nada. no drops, no nothing. thanks bungie.

i had shit drops all fucking day yesterday too. didn't replace a single piece of gear even doing the daily and weekly strike. had 2 legendaries, 1 turned into 3 blue which turned into 3 green, the other turned into 2 blue. all shit items and dismantled. not even close to replacing my existing gear.

Am I missing something, or does this Scout Rifle's name mean something:

1000px-A.1F19X-RYL.jpg

I don't have the Vanguard edition. I just got it last night. Upgrades take forever.

-Way way way too much stuff just one shots you (and alternatively one shots others). I feel like the majority of both my kills and deaths are kind of bullshit all around. Loosely speaking in FPS games there's generally oneshot kill weapons like rocket launchers, snipers, etc. In this game you have all of that but then you also have special abilities that unless you very clearly see coming will do the same thing. If you're at all competent it is super easy to get the drop on and kill people with your super, and unless you cleanly see them coming it's incredibly difficult to stop them. Even my gun vs gun encounters feel super quick which makes me think they intentionally wanted it to be very fast and frantic, but it doesn't really get up to arena shooter speeds so I don't feel like it works in that regard.

I'm done with the pvp. every other death is some bullshit 1hit kill

Any tips on where I should go to do the Fusion Riffle bounty? Kill 2 enemies with 1 shot, 20 times?

The moon. There are several missions with a bunch of melee types that rush, and it's fairly easy to line them up.

Some people do it in Russia, but I found that tedious. I also suck with the fusion rifle, so that may be it.

SkylineRKR

-I honestly think every single map except for Venus is pretty awful. I think I've played all of them at this point, but I'm not 100% sure. Several feel too big for the playercount on them, and I think they're boring and very pooly laid out in most cases.

Shores of Time is easily the best map imho. It doesn't really have a bottleneck as far as I'm concerned. No vehicles either.

Ganhyun

Anyone on 360 want to do strikes? I am trying to get to up to level 26 to be ready for the raid.

Im currently lvl 25

GT: ShogunOfPain

The PS4 MP exclusive map looks rather cool.

Speaking of maps I really dislike the layout of a lot of maps, they on purpose block off a lot of visible sight lines and it's one of the reasons why shotguns are so dominant, the use of pulse and scout rifles is very limited to only a few maps and that's when outside of buildings.

SSReborn

Speaking of maps I really dislike the layout of a lot of maps, they on purpose block off a lot of visible sight lines and it's one of the reasons why shotguns are so dominant, the use of pulse and scout rifles is very limited to only a few maps and that's when outside of buildings.

I actually like that map a lot its a bummer Xbox fans can't play it. I thought we would get some throwaway garbage map.

Which map is exclusive?

ocean

Banned
Does damaged being normalized mean a full clip from an auto rifle always deals the same? So finding one with a small clip and fast fire rate makes it better than one with a fast fire rate and 75 rounds in the clip?
Impact is still a relevant stat that affects damage. Rifles with really crazy fire rate tend to have lower impact so it's sort of level. What works best will depend on your accuracy when aiming for the head. I like higher fire rate in PvP because it brings opponents outside their comfort zone. If they move erratically because they're under fire, they're dead.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Anyone have an answer for this? Factions aren't really explained

Each faction favor 2 stat, even the Vanguard and Crucible option

Each takes 2 of the stats and uses them

So for Warlock, Future War Cult is the way to go in that you get Intellect and Discipline
More faster rate of Nova Bomb/Grenade being on cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom