• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT2| The Last Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO bladedancer has way too much def buff when active, makes a titan look like a paper cut-out

I don't mind the huge attack power that skill has but really it should be a stealthy attack move, if I see them running at me from a fair distance away yet can't body them with a gun...

nib95

Banned
IMO bladedancer has way too much def buff when active, makes a titan look like a paper cut-out

I don't mind the huge attack power that skill has but really it should be a stealthy attack move, if I see them running at me from a fair distance away yet can't body them with a gun...
Absolutely agreed. If you get a special that kills 2-3 people so quickly and easily, you shouldn't be nigh on invincible whilst using it!

Thyralax

Banned

I disagree, I get dropped all the time in Bladedancer it's the titan with that cheap panic button that needs to be nerfed.

Level 23 Warlock.

Got my very first Purple primary weapon engram after coming in dfl in a crucible match.

Go to Cryptarch and its a.... you guessed it.

Purple Scount Rifle :)

I must have good luck.

d9b

Banned
did a bunch of crucible

saw one legendary engram go to someone else.

qxyevlt.gif

I disagree, I get dropped all the time in Bladedancer it's the titan with that cheap panic button that needs to be nerfed.

Titan's super has a lot of height on the hitbox which I dislike, maybe if that was toned down a little it would help, or have a longer start up so it has to be used as a surprise attack instead of a split second instakill.

Yeah i don't get it. For me "weekend" means friday saturday sunday or hell saturday sunday maybe.

I guess bungie go by business days where sunday is a new week, or they are just trolling us by saying 'weekend'

Deku Tree

So how do you activate your optional level 15 super?

I've just been using developing whichever skill was ready whenever I level up... is there a better way to do it?

ocean

Banned
That Mars Strike, heroic, is intense as hell. Geez that last guy is crazy violent. That machine fun and missiles plus all the adds are just whoa. Took me a good hour but I netted a sweet blue AR :)

I'd suggest you main an AR and then have a shotgun or fusion rifle for close combat in smaller maps. If you're a good aim, a Sniper can be boss in larger maps as well.

Most of all, the trick is shooting for the head. It sounds obvious but you're really just wasting your time with body shots as you'll hardly ever kill someone with them. Unload an AR clip to the head and the enemy's dead before they react proper.

I'd suggest you start off in Control. Since the flags are in fixed locations and the indicator shows you when one is being captured, you get a good idea of where enemies are/are going. Modes like Rumble or Skirmish are a lot more hectic because you don't necessarily know what direction to expect enemies from.

After a while, you'll learn the maps, what routes enemies usually come from, you'll get grenade placing down. It comes slow, but it happens. I'm a fairly mediocre player at multiplayer shooters. This is the first one I've put some time into, and a week later I can say I've gone from being consistently the worst in my team to maybe second? Stick with it and git good.

These are very good tips thanks.

I suck at PvP too. I thought that higher level players had an advantage but now i just read that they don't!

What's the use of buying the crucible weapons then?

Klyka

Banned
So how do you activate your optional level 15 super?

I've just been using developing whichever skill was ready whenever I level up... is there a better way to do it?

It's not a new super. or not JUST one. It's a new subclass that starts at lvl 1 again. you switch to it up where your class is in your gear.

Future

As enjoyable as this is, not sure about a 10 year lifespan. Not even sure it will last to the end of the year for me ha.

But having a blast now though. I reached the content wall a little too soon I think for a game in production this long. I like striving to get new loot, but I still want to strive to see new areas and enemies. Haven't been a week and I'm already on the quest for light and replaying content with only expansions to look forward to.

Klyka

Banned
These are very good tips thanks.

I suck at PvP too. I thought that higher level players had an advantage but now i just read that they don't!

What's the use of buying the crucible weapons then?

The crucible weapons are less "heyo PvP" weapons and more just generally great weapons. There is no real distinction between PvP and PvE gear.

Their bonuses could be good in pvP I guess?P

meppi

Yeah, I agree with this. A titan making his move and getting a shotgun to the face as well as a follow up punch and he shakes it off like it's nothing while crushing 3 people is a bit much, especially when his execution of the move was very sloppy and can be seen coming from miles away.

educator

So after reading up quite a lot in this thread, we can state that drops (and engrams) are most easily attained in PvP, regardless of game mode?

As enjoyable as this is, not sure about a 10 year lifespan. Not even sure it will last to the end of the year for me ha.

Like nothing will change in/about the game for 10 years...

Yeah, I agree with this. A titan making his move and getting a shotgun to the face as well as a follow up punch and he shakes it off like it's nothing while crushing 3 people is a bit much, especially when his execution of the move was very sloppy and can be seen coming from miles away.

Yeah, I must get better at masking the Super. Right now it's just, "Shit, I have a Super! Charge! Smash! Kill!"

Deku Tree

It's not a new super. or not JUST one. It's a new subclass that starts at lvl 1 again. you switch to it up where your class is in your gear.

Oh ok, I gotta try that... Does only one subclass level up at a time? What is the best subclass for warlocks? Thanks!

There is zero reason to get excited when you get an armor legendary engram drop. None.

Legendary weapons have faired slightly better on my end but its a crap shoot on the armor side.

Klyka

Banned
Oh ok, I gotta try that... Does only one subclass level up at a time? What is the best subclass for warlocks? Thanks!

Only one subclass gets the XP you are currently earning,yes.

And i don't know if there is a "best" and sadly i play Hunter so no idea about Warlock :) I have heard good stuff about Sunsingers though.

The crucible weapons are less "heyo PvP" weapons and more just generally great weapons. There is no real distinction between PvP and PvE gear.

Their bonuses could be good in pvP I guess?P

I see,,

Question: Do I really have to finish the single player game? lol .. Can I get away without finishing it?

Future

Like nothing will change in/about the game for 10 years...

Yeah, I must get better at masking the Super. Right now it's just, "Shit, I have a Super! Charge! Smash! Kill!"

Well, if they meant that it will have a long lifespan across sequels, I can buy that. Halo has had longer than a 10 year span now when you consider sequels. And technically some of your stats and progress is recognized even in later games

Klyka

Banned
I see,,

Question: Do I really have to finish the single player game? lol .. Can I get away without finishing it?

as far as I am aware there is no reason to finish the story missions apart from soem missions unlocking new side missions.

Also singleplayer is a weird description when every mission can be done in a fireteam XD

Danj

It could be lag, honestly. I see a lot of that. Or they go for headshots more than you.
It's pretty hard to tell without seeing you play and what is actually happening.

OK so I made a video but the PS4 seems to be having some trouble uploading it, it takes about 10 minutes to upload and then goes "Cannot upload". Trying again now.

wwm0nkey

So my friend also got the legendary Epitaph sniper I have which has kinetic damage. We can one shot any yellow colored captain, we beat the devil walker in 1min, and beat the eye before it could even spawn the first wave of enimies.

All this was on the weekly strike, so if you have that gun use it! You will land 4k pershot on Fallen enimies on strikes and it's glorious. Makes your rockets and supers only useful for crowd control....but then I found a rare LMG which also does kinetic damage and is AMAZING for getting rid of fallen and destroys in PvP.

So if I reach level 15 and decide to switch subclasses, I need to unlock everything again? There aren't enough levels for that, or am I mistaken?

Nodnol

So if I reach level 15 and decide to switch subclasses, I need to unlock everything again? There aren't enough levels for that, or am I mistaken?

Your abilities keep leveling up, even even you hit 20.

Your subclass does start from scratch though. No super, no grenade, no double-jump.

You can switch back if you want, but you only level up the active subclass.

Klyka

Banned

Ok here's the thing: levels don't actually unlock any abilities.
Abilities, just liek upgrades for weapons, just take XP to unlock. And up to lvl 15 your abilities and your level unlocking overlaps. But after that you can switch to the new subclass which will take XP but your level will still take XP too,all the way to 20 and then into creating Motes of Light.

basically,your level has nothing to do with your abilities.

Klyka

Banned
Guess I'm probably just best of finishing one of the subclasses first then? I want to switch to Defender Titan, but I'm in the middle of the story.

It actually takes pretty long to completely finish a subclass, haha. The XP for later abilities is quite high.

Guess I'm probably just best of finishing one of the subclasses first then? I want to switch to Defender Titan, but I'm in the middle of the story.

Look at the back of your primary class's tree. If there is nothing down there that you want to unlock, then switch to your subclass so you can start unlocking that stuff earlier.

Anybody online on Xbox One? If you're around level 25 or so and want to do that weekly Strike, I'm down. Warlock Sunsinger, here. GT is: Mr Greencastle. I'm also good in PVP. Basically looking for a good Hunter or Titan to play consistently with my current Fireteam of 2, and occasionally some 6 person Raids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom