• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT2| The Last Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

inter

Is there any way to know what the damage of a weapon will be after all upgrades?

Not sure if the weapon I got is better than what I had and don't want to spend the time leveling it if it's not better than what I had. :eek:

Zomba13

Bungie gives an epic questline that will reward people who put in the time to do it with a special weapon.

This is apparently shit.

When Blizzard does something like that it is the greatest thing in an MMO ever.

I see how it is here.

Peeople still hate the grind for this kinda of thing. Look at Relic weapons and all that stuff in FFXI and then again the Atma/Animus/Novus stuff in FFXIV. It's a grind designed to be done over months to keep you subscribed. In this case, as so many people like to point out, Destiny isn't an MMO. It just uses every trick an MMO does to keep you playing and is always online. But it's not an MMO ;)

JimPanzer

Is there any way to know what the damage of a weapon will be after all upgrades?

Not sure if the weapon I got is better than what I had and don't want to spend the time leveling it if it's not better than what I had. :eek:

it says 266/300 for example in the weapon description. 300 is the fully upgraded damage as far as I know.

Klyka

Banned
Man, reading some of the grimoire cards, there is some heavy stuff going on in this game's universe.

Like I am talking
time travel, souls, the afterlife, the guardians being "dead things made to look like dead things by a dead power", the Traveler being alive and having been reduced to a tiny "rock" of power somewhere inside his huge sphere.

Not bad Bungie, not bad. If only you could have put this into the actual game.

Danj

What do I need to do to not suck in Crucible? Other than "be level 20+" "have some white shield bar thing" "have uber legendary gear"?

BxfNWdnIMAAxoEm.jpg:large

Daemul

Do Titans need strength?

The titan class vendor has strength on all of its gear, and all Titans I've asked said they want strength on their characters.

But I want to be a PvE defender titan, and I've found that melee attacks are almost useless in strikes when you're taking heavy fire. Grenade cooldowns would be infinitely more useful.

Like someone said, it depends on your playstyle. I abuse the fuck out of melee as a Titan since it kills people faster and it's fun as hell, and with Strength reducing the cool down of Storm Fist, you can go nuts. I have some PvP games where I use nothing but shoulder/ knee charge and Storm Fist, perpetual OHKO's.

I capped at 100 Crusible marks for the week but my rank is still lees than halfway to lvl 2, all the marks I earn now are going to be wasted. What a great design decision Bungie.

Klyka

Banned
What do I need to do to not suck in Crucible? Other than "be level 20+" "have some white shield bar thing" "have uber legendary gear"?

everyone has a shield. You do too. Ever notice how your healthbar turns red when you are on it's last bar? That's your health. before that is shield.

Weapons are normalized in PvP so they don't have more damage than you,they just have some perks maybe like "reloads a bit faster" or "gains ammo on kill".

also everyone has the same health, so higher level doesn't help that much.
They CAN have a bit more like armor/recovery/agility stat but that doesn't really make them crazy stronger than you.

tuna_love

Banned
Man, reading some of the grimoire cards, there is some heavy stuff going on in this game's universe.

Like I am talking
time travel, souls, the afterlife, the guardians being "dead things made to look like dead things by a dead power", the Traveler being alive and having been reduced to a tiny "rock" of power somewhere inside his huge sphere.

Not bad Bungie, not bad. If only you could have put this into the actual game.
That actually sounds really cool!!!
no it doesnt

I capped at 100 Crusible marks for the week but my rank is still lees than halfway to lvl 2, all the marks I earn now are going to be wasted. What a great design decision Bungie.

What the fuck are you on about.

Your accumulated marks don't go away. You can only earn 100 a week, that's all.

Trickster

Were you playing for the entirety of whatever match that scoreboard is from? If so, what were you doing to only get 3 kills and 4 deaths? I mean, sucking and not getting kills I can understand, but you hardly died either, so you couldn't have been really engaging in the actual fighting?

Level means nothing in the crucible, every weapon and armor is set the same for everyone, only things which take effect there are your unlocked skills and any mods a weapon has.

Cob32

Hey guys got a few questions.

1. Do higher level enemies have better chance of dropping loot. For example if I go back and do a story mission, will I get better loot if I put the level at 22 instead of the normal level?

2. Once you unlock legendary engrams can any enemy in the game have potential to drop them regardless of level? If yes, does the level of the enemy affect the quality of item it will be when I turn it in?

So how do reputation gains from tabards work? Does it give you an additional rep gain with the tabard you're wearing, or does it replace the rep that you were going to get from turning something in, to whatever you're wearing?

Using an AR, sticking to your team mates, looking at the radar, learning the maps and all their possible routes to gain an advantage, aiming at heads and running the fuck away if you're alone and outnumbered.

Ark

Two and a half hours farming the nexus, got a bunch of blues and one purple. Decrypted them and not a single one was better than gear I already had ;__;

We tried, GAF :p

SkylineRKR

Using an AR, sticking to your team mates, looking at the radar, learning the maps and all their possible routes to gain an advantage, aiming at heads and running the fuck away if you're alone and outnumbered.

AR with higher Impact I would add. I found the Cydonia very servicable in PvP.

Danj

everyone has a shield. You do too. Ever notice how your healthbar turns red when you are on it's last bar? That's your health. before that is shield.

Weapons are normalized in PvP so they don't have more damage than you,they just have some perks maybe like "reloads a bit faster" or "gains ammo on kill".

also everyone has the same health, so higher level doesn't help that much.
They CAN have a bit more like armor/recovery/agility stat but that doesn't really make them crazy stronger than you.

So if they're not supposed to be "crazy stronger" than me, why ARE they? Everyone seems able to kill me with one hit, whereas no matter what weapon I use (unless I use a heavy weapon like a rocket launcher) I can't do the same to them.

What the fuck are you on about.

Your accumulated marks don't go away. You can only earn 100 a week, that's all.

I'm talking about marks your earn after reaching the cap. How the fuck am I suppose to spend them to make more space for new marks if my vendor isn't reached to rank 2? The decision to limit to 100 marks per week is retarded enough, and you can't even spend them without leveling up the fucking vendor.

EDIT: Oh you mean you can't even earn them now? Holy shit :lol

dmr87

It blows my mind that bosses doesn't even have a loot table of actual items. You hammer away at these bullets sponges and you get jack shit from them, and it all comes down to a RNG roll at the end which consists of one or two items.

Sepkis Prime usually drops 1-2 ether seeds, thanks Bungie.

Fonds

I think this game needs to pull a reaper of souls to become interesting long term.

The world is large enough to offer max level versions of the world that could give random missions with loot structures and game modes as offered in Diablo 3 2.1.

Do missions, get an option to do a boss, get an option to do a bigger boss. All in the open world, with increasing chance of good loot.

Right now the open world isn't utilised enough detracting from the social/ gameworld feeling.

Klyka

Banned
So if they're not supposed to be "crazy stronger" than me, why ARE they? Everyone seems able to kill me with one hit, whereas no matter what weapon I use (unless I use a heavy weapon like a rocket launcher) I can't do the same to them.

It could be lag, honestly. I see a lot of that. Or they go for headshots more than you.
It's pretty hard to tell without seeing you play and what is actually happening.

Why are you mocking the dude? He was uninformed and its as simple as that. Seems like you have a problem with anyone who could dislike the game.

Ah just having some good fun. I just love how everything is automatically terrible design by Bungie. No harm meant.

Cob32

I'm talking about marks your earn after reaching the cap. How the fuck am I suppose to spend them to make more space for new marks if my vendor isn't reached to rank 2? The decision to limit to 100 marks per week is retarded enough, and you can't even spend them without leveling up the fucking vendor.

Surely you can hold more than 100 at a time? The helm is 120 marks afterall.

It blows my mind that bosses doesn't even have a loot table of actual items. You hammer away at these bullets sponges and you get jack shit from them, and it all comes down to a RNG roll at the end which consists of one or two items.

The RNG at the end is the loot table. Much better than most MMOs where a boss will drop one or two items and a team of 5+ rolls need or greed on them. With Destiny's design you're far more likely to get something from a Strike, plus all the engrams you pick up along the way (again, unique to each player rather than requiring a need/greed roll).

Klyka

Banned

EDIT: Oh you mean you can't even earn them now? Holy shit :lol

you can earn 100 marks a week. No matter how many you spend,no matter how many you earn,you can earn 100 per week.

You can however have more than 100 in your inventory. So after two weeks of earning 100 each week you will have 200 marks in your inventory.

educator

Asking again, I've never seen any legendary engrams drop. Am I unlucky or should I keep at it in PvP or Nexus farming? Im lvl 21, hunter.

BokehKing

Banned

That is a problem, I should get boss loot and the off chance to get something for actually completing the mission

Edit: all stuff I think Bungie can fix before the second expansion

Am curious to see what the weekly update will say though

SkylineRKR

Imo, the open world is not much more than Rage at this point. Lifeless, repetitive and useless missions are being pasted in it. Rage had some racing at least, lol.

And the PvP, well, I am getting somewhat bored. I do well but it doesn't feel rewarding abusing Supers and using OHKO's left and right. Its fun but wears thin already. There aren't many maps and modes, either.

I find learning the maps by the back of your hand is always key to performance in shooters. Until you know all the shortcuts and routes around a map, you'll never be better than your opponent. If you know where an enemy is, it's not about running towards him guns blazing, but predicting where he's going to go next, and getting the jump on him by cutting him off. If you can blindside your opponent, you've won.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just making sure my PS4 isn't borked... Sometimes it can take up to 45 seconds to just travel to town.

For anyone else?

Klyka

Banned
I feel Bungie kinda wants people to just play the game and get loot while playing no matter what they find fun but they didn't really anticipate that the MMO crowd would jump on the game something fierce and basically want all the usual MMO tropes in it like boss drops and stuff like that.

I don't know or just bad design, who knows anymore.

I'm just playing to have fun *shrug*

Two and a half hours farming the nexus, got a bunch of blues and one purple. Decrypted them and not a single one was better than gear I already had ;__;

We tried, GAF :p

RNG god was not with you that time, you need to sacrifice £30 on the season pass or buy new dice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom