• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Itinerary
- Gorgon's chest NM (anyone have this?)
- Gorgon's chest HM (anyone have this?)
- 3x Atheon kill
- fresh HM VoG Spire - Confluxes ??
- Oracles/Templar x3 ?? (or can anyone grab the Oracles CP, and we can juggle around to keep it despite doing Atheon first)

BTW this ordering of events takes a lot longer than just doing VoG HM 3x starting from Oracles.

I'm in! Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to get any checkpoints this morning.

Deku, can I perhaps grab the oracles CP from you later?

Thunderlords dropping left and right this morning. I feel good about your chances!

If I can get on today I will look for you and invite you to the CP.

LTWood12

Modified itinerary to cover more drops. We'll loop back around for however many Oracles/Templar we have time for. At least then we'll have the CP, too.

Itinerary
- Gorgon's chest NM (anyone have this?)
- Gorgon's chest HM (anyone have this?)
- 1x NM CE full
- 3x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill
- 3x Atheon kill
- fresh HM VoG Spire - Confluxes ??
- Oracles/Templar x3 ?? (or can anyone grab the Oracles CP, and we can juggle around to keep it despite doing Atheon first)

Team 1: 8:30 PM Eastern
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ??
4) captscience (PSN captscience) ??
5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ??
6) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) ??

Team 2: 9:30 PM Eastern
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
2) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??
3) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) ??
4) T-44 (PSN T-44 - on LTWood12's and stb's PSN friend lists) ??
5) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) ??
6) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) ??

Alts
a) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) ??
a) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
a) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52) ??
a) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
a) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??

Can everyone please quote to confirm, including which groups they can make/prefer?

Count me in.

I'm in! Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to get any checkpoints this morning.

Thunderlords dropping left and right this morning. I feel good about your chances!

I'd prefer to be in the 8:30 Eastern Group if possible. T-44 is good for the 9:30 crew.

LTWood12

BTW this ordering of events takes a lot longer than just doing VoG HM 3x starting from Oracles.

If I can get on today I will look for you and invite you to the CP.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. If we just had the oracle checkpoint to start w/ x3 that would be the best.

That Badger is fucking awesome... damn, I have one with Luck in the Chamber and Firefly but I think what you got actually beats that. I am a HUGE fan of third-eye.

It's actually my second. This is my first.

KNzNXDM.jpg

Dat Firefly.

This is the new one.

nLvrR6b.jpg

Dave_6

Hopefully xur has you covered this week. Though buying it isn't as fun as having it drop for you.

I'll have no issue buying it from him if it doesn't drop for me tonight. Though who knows whether Bungie has changed his stock or not for this week.

So a week or so ago, I was bouncing between the Rumble and Rumble DLC playlists trying to advance my waffle score with wins, and I was simply furious trying to do it with my Titan. Enter the Hunter:

https://3mfmpw.by3302.livefilestore.com/y2prF1CMAzq-5CuhAl21XaFDUNj3OgyFyFw3NUyaxkE5UeVadRZPJdQKp-FSxygU_06CLreC3ti2JuWAVohqjJZx_IORsghq25BhUtiwEDHDvLGpt050GOAwSg4a72pjXt1ZT-IbXZKoX8twDd_UP7qdoLqdTSFzexAth1xicg1EDI/hunter.png[IMG]

The Titan and Warlock Supers are just not as effective in an FFA environment as the Hunter Supers are. And my loadout was supreme cheese. Thorn w/ Incendiary Grenades and Blades ensures people have less time to heal, and I can track enemy position through line-of-sight blocks because of the UI displaying the damage over time. They really should change that for PvP, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Whats a waffle score?

RetroMG

Anyone here use the tower ghost extension for Chrome? User interface is a lot nicer than DIM, but it's pretty new so not nearly as many reviews.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...estiny/gdjndlpockopgjbonnfdmkcmkcikjhge?hl=en

Always scared of losing something w/ these things, but I'm going to try it out.

Just tried it out after seeing your post. I like it, although I feel like the loadout interface is a little clunkier than DIM's. Requires a few more clicks, and it doesn't auto-equip the weapons.

blazeuk

Anyone running NF? Looking to do it x3. Won't have my mic on though (too much background noise going on around me).

Lima

Thanks so much to Ji66a and Ruthless for letting me FINALLY get my damn Raid boots for my Hunter!

Too bad HoW is only a couple weeks away. Goddamn RNG.

So? You will still want to use those boots cause more heavy ammo. Nothing else matters as far as boots go.

Deku Tree

So next weeks NF is
Devil's Lair with Arc Burn
and the weekly has
No Burn
according to reddit determiners...
Getting ready for HoW.

stb

Sign me up for the 9:30pm team if they have a spot.

EDIT:I have oracles CP and Atheon CP BTW.

I've confirmed you for the late team. When could someone grab Oracles from you?

Count me in.

Confirmed for the early team.

I'm sure it does; it just prioritizes the exotic drops, and lets the Oracles/Templar drops be bonus if we have extra time.

I'd prefer to be in the 8:30 Eastern Group if possible. T-44 is good for the 9:30 crew.

I've added you as an alt for the early team. You can have the slot if someone can't make it. Everyone but GRIP has confirmed, though, and I think he's only missed one week, so I've also reserved a slot for you in the 9:30.

EDIT: GRIP just confirmed, so the early team is full with its regulars. You have a slot in the late team, though. Can you make that one?

I'll join

Sorry, didn't see this post! When I said to join up, I meant that anyone on my FL could just join the fireteam since I was playing and wasn't checking the thread really. Lots of people around here are already on my list so I didn't post my PSN but obviously I should have. Sorry for the confusion!

Deku Tree

Thanks!

When I get on at around 9:30pm or slightly before I can send an invite to someone from the early team and give them the CP if you need it at that time.

Otherwise I could jump on a bit earlier but not at 8:30pm and I'm not sure who is going to be on at what time to do that so IDK how it would work.

Anyone running NF? Looking to do it x3. Won't have my mic on though (too much background noise going on around me).

Ah we missed you for the NFs (did get shitty drops though), but you were probably at work. Save some weeklies for me, I still need to do those, maybe tonight?

stb

Thanks!

When I get on at around 9:30pm or slightly before I can send an invite to someone from the early team and give them the CP if you need it at that time.

Otherwise I could jump on a bit earlier but not at 8:30pm and I'm not sure who is going to be on at what time to do that so IDK how it would work.

It'd be great if you could send a message to the early team when you're on. We can pause where we are and grab the CP.

Thanks!

LTWood12

Confirmed for the early team.

I'm sure it does; it just prioritizes the exotic drops, and lets the Oracles/Templar drops be bonus if we have extra time.

I've added you as an alt for the early team. You can have the slot if someone can't make it. Everyone but GRIP has confirmed, though, and I think he's only missed one week, so I've also reserved a slot for you in the 9:30.

EDIT: GRIP just confirmed, so the early team is full with its regulars. You have a slot in the late team, though. Can you make that one?

Thanks!

Yeah I'm fine w/ going on the later team w/ Deku. I'll be on about an hour before messing around Deku if you want to go ahead and split up some checkpoints to make the run throughs faster.

JonCha

So having reached level 12, I thought I'd share some thoughts on how I'm finding the game now I'm over halfway to level 20:

1) The moment-to-moment combat is very, very fun. Despite the cookie cutter mission design (hold square at point of interest, defend wave of enemies) I'm genuinely surprised how much I'm enjoying it. The weapons I'm using are satisfying (particularly my sniper rifle) and all of the enemies seems to have a decent amount of 'toughness' to them - even when I'm overleveled.

2) I'm not feeling too underleveled in PvP. My first game of Control sucked - I got zero kills and was getting one-shotted by levels 30s all over the place. Coming back at level 12 seems to have made a difference: I'm defeating said levels 30 one-on-one and I don't feel like there's that big of a gap anymore. I'm actually contributing to my team now.

3) Finally, the story is opaque and at times incomprehensible. I think the comparisons to Halo are particularly relevant here: as I've heard others say, at least Halo was grounded with the military outside of the Covenant and the Forerunners and the associated lore. Destiny up to
Venus
has been incredibly abstract, not really contextualising enemies or what even important figures like the Traveller are beyond a swift introduction. Outside of defeating The Darkness at some point by
going to a garden
I'm not sure where the story is heading. This, for me, is the most disappointing aspect of the game given Bungie's history.

Overall I'm enjoying the game at this stage. I'm glad I held off from buying around launch and I'm looking forward to House of Wolves apparently reducing the grind and adding more content. In the relatively near future I'm hopeful of joining in one of Hawkians newbie raids too.

Deku Tree

Yeah I'm fine w/ going on the later team w/ Deku. I'll be on about an hour before messing around Deku if you want to go ahead and split up some checkpoints to make the run throughs faster.

Sounds good, I will be on before 9:30pm but I'm not exactly sure at what time.

I hope for Etheric light from NF it drops 5x+ instead of just one.

Fate Bringer
Black Hammer
Corrective Measures
Hunger of Crota
4 pieces of armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom