• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lima

I'll try to explain the no pocket infinity rule.

First off it is the most OP and annoying weapon in crucible. There is nothing you can do when you hear it charging assing you know it is a PI charging. Well you can try to outrun it but good luck with that.

While it has been hit pretty hard with the ammo nerf you could get a few kills with it and then control all 3 green ammo crates. You could also use a double down sniper to get more ammo and switch to PI once you are dead to keep that ammo.

Since it gives you basically a free kill you could switch to it if the game is close and only 1 or 2 kills are needed. No one is talking about using it for the whole match.
It's the same idea behind why no one picks up heavy. All people would be doing is switch to Gjallarhorn and Truth before picking it up.

GhaleonEB

I think we'll be past 25 by the time Comet lands. no doubt it'll be announced in E3....and yeah, HoW is kinda the 'do or die' point of Destiny right now. Whether or not it succeeds to capture it's audience or fails and dies.....it's the first real test. TDB was nothing but trash!

Kind of a tangent, but two tiny bits of info that make me optimistic for the story missions in HoW. I've made mental note of them but keep forgetting to post about them.

When critiquing the vapid vendors in the Tower we've talked about how it would be a good thing if they were tied into the actual story, rather than being dispensaries with a few lines of throwaway dialogue. It would give them an opportunity to show a personality, to broaden the voices of the story tellers, and give the vendors a greater sense of purpose. So far the videos we've seen have shown the main quest giver (Queen Dude), the Trials of Osiris dude (Vance?) and the Fallen guy all commenting on the story, making it sound like they are quest givers or at least tied into it. So I think Bungie is learning a bit on that front.

The other is when during the Prison of Elders demo, the producer was asked why they used the mines as an objective. The answer was, they were an element from the story missions so they wanted to pull them in to tie the modes together. Which means we'll have some actual objectives to complete the story missions, rather than just killing everything. Again, a sign Bungie is learning (and/or having enough time to build out these kind of things).
lol

i do wonder what they will price the next DLC at, whatever it is

I'm guessing $30-$40.

todd360

YouTube comment of day. (ign destiny video)

people still play this?
this still plays people?
people play people?
play still play?
play has 4 letters.... half AND life has 4 letters
4-1=3....
half life 3 confirmed.

rNilla

$30 would be the sweet spot, $40 would be pushing it...anything more and the Comet can go into the trash. I'd still...probably buy it though..

Probably a safe bet there will be a $60 physical repackaging deluxe or GOTY type edition that includes the base game and Comet, maybe even the previous DLC.

$30 would be the sweet spot, $40 would be pushing it...anything more and the Comet can go into the trash. I'd still...probably buy it though..

lol

i do wonder what they will price the next DLC at, whatever it is

It depends on how much content it has. If it is a couple new playable worlds, several strikes and a Raid plus PvP maps. I can see $40+ being totally justified. If it is just a glorified expansion like we have already seen, $30 is too much.

CREMSteve

Has Bungie ever said anything about customizing the HUD? The super bar causes hardcore IR on my TV and I basically stopped playing after 800-900 hours because of it. I won't be coming back until it changes, just let me tweak the opacity is all I ask.

I seem to be the only one bothered by it though. :/

Guys I think the Darkness has taken me. Got a PS4 and Destiny from the girlfriend for my birthday this week and now I find myself slightly addicted. Logged in today both before I left for work and when I came home for lunch.

Rolled a Titan and I'm loving the game. Story could be slightly better but the environments and gameplay are top notch.

If anyone wants to add me up my psn is DisheveledZen.

Lima

YouTube comment of day. (ign destiny video)

people still play this?
this still plays people?
people play people?
play still play?
play has 4 letters.... half AND life has 4 letters
4-1=3....
half life 3 confirmed.

The hate this game gets is always so delicious. The concurrent users never dropped below 300k yet and the game broke records on Twitch for the DLC reveal with over 180k people watching. It is also continually in the top 10 games in Twitch if the big streamers are on.

phen0m24

Guys I think the Darkness has taken me. Got a PS4 and Destiny from the girlfriend for my birthday this week and now I find myself slightly addicted. Logged in today both before I left for work and when I came home for lunch.

Rolled a Titan and I'm loving the game. Story could be slightly better but the environments and gameplay are top notch.

If you need any help just ask. We were all where you are right now. (and to some degree or another, still are)

PSN: ColonelOCorn

Kind of a tangent, but two tiny bits of info that make me optimistic for the story missions in HoW. I've made mental note of them but keep forgetting to post about them.

When critiquing the vapid vendors in the Tower we've talked about how it would be a good thing if they were tied into the actual story, rather than being dispensaries with a few lines of throwaway dialogue. It would give them an opportunity to show a personality, to broaden the voices of the story tellers, and give the vendors a greater sense of purpose. So far the videos we've seen have shown the main quest giver (Queen Dude), the Trials of Osiris dude (Vance?) and the Fallen guy all commenting on the story, making it sound like they are quest givers or at least tied into it. So I think Bungie is learning a bit on that front.

The other is when during the Prison of Elders demo, the producer was asked why they used the mines as an objective. The answer was, they were an element from the story missions so they wanted to pull them in to tie the modes together. Which means we'll have some actual objectives to complete the story missions, rather than just killing everything. Again, a sign Bungie is learning (and/or having enough time to build out these kind of things).

I'm guessing $30-$40.

Oh totally, yeah all the vendors seem to be important. Judgement dude guides you through PoE, Queen Dudett gives you the story missions/bounties, Osiris dude does ToO...and yeah, from what we've seen of the story missions, we know one of them ends up in the Vault, and that one is probably attached to the platform jumping mission we've seen in previews...and then you have the Strike, which is actually intrinsically tied to the lore in a way; You're chasing down a Thief through the Ketch, he keeps coming out to challenge you, the playthrouhg I saw shows it to be a fluid and fast strike. And that's good, that's different. The story is told in the boss dude taunting you throughout the Ketch, just like how he's labelled a thief, he acts like one by doing hit and runs throughout the strike.

Bungies definitely learning. That and introducing sidearms to HoW, when new weapon types were slated to come out during Comet. I think if Bungie keeps on this path of listening to feedback and trying new things, they'll be ok. It's their first foray into an 'mmo' like game....and this is them getting rid of their 'Fetch quest' phase.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It depends on how much content it has. If it is a couple new playable worlds, several strikes and a Raid plus PvP maps. I can see $40+ being totally justified. If it is just a glorified expansion like we have already seen, $30 is too much.
Interesting, for me, there is no amount of content that could justify a price point above $40

you did almost everything right, but you didn't roll up a hunter first....

kidding - welcome, and my PSN is rasengan1337

rNilla

Welcome Disheveled_Hawk!

GhaleonEB

Welcome! I'll shoot you a FR (Ghaleon_EB). You came into the game at a good time - tomorrow's patch and the HoW release are going to be transformative in many ways.

This is my biggest hope, new mission objectives. Mines aren't quite what I was thinking since they are still essentially hold a position and fight off waves like a Warsat, but it could be good.

I would like to see some environmental puzzles or manipulation of the battlefield for strategic reasons. Add a sparrow chase/escape sequence. Let us do a story mission/strike with NPC allies. That would really help flesh them out and help us identify with them.

Lnkn52

Welcome. Tomorrow there is going to be a lot of movement since it's reset day. So don't get overwhelmed.

Oh totally, yeah all the vendors seem to be important. Judgement dude guides you through PoE, Queen Dudett gives you the story missions/bounties, Osiris dude does ToO...and yeah, from what we've seen of the story missions, we know one of them ends up in the Vault, and that one is probably attached to the platform jumping mission we've seen in previews...and then you have the Strike, which is actually intrinsically tied to the lore in a way; You're chasing down a Thief through the Ketch, he keeps coming out to challenge you, the playthrouhg I saw shows it to be a fluid and fast strike. And that's good, that's different. The story is told in the boss dude taunting you throughout the Ketch, just like how he's labelled a thief, he acts like one by doing hit and runs throughout the strike.

Bungies definitely learning. That and introducing sidearms to HoW, when new weapon types were slated to come out during Comet. I think if Bungie keeps on this path of listening to feedback and trying new things, they'll be ok. It's their first foray into an 'mmo' like game....and this is them getting rid of their 'Fetch quest' phase.
i wonder if all the V's were intentional

ToO dude - brother Vance
Queen "dude" - petra Venj
PoE dude - Variks

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll probably hop on later tonight but might be Wed. night before I can get some serious play time in.

I toyed between Hunter and Titan but seeing I love heavy brutish tank type classes the Titan edged the Hunter out. I'm already looking forward to getting a Hunter up after the Titan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom