• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
And it's fun to use, when it doesn't glitch out and become a full-auto fusion rifle.

Yeah... its pretty much made for Defenders too. With their abilities to give themselves extra shields (and occasionally buff reload speed), you can spray without concern all over an objective. Pretty much unstoppable imo

Yes

Maybe featuring some Queen

Like...Princes of the Universe. The Gjallarhorn scenes will probably be overlayed with this song.

Yeah... its pretty much made for Defenders too. With their abilities to give themselves extra shields (and occasionally buff reload speed), you can spray without concern all over an objective. Pretty much unstoppable imo

Oh, in PvP? Hmmm......I only trust shotguns in PvP <_>

noomi

It's been a little while since I've been up before reset to do checkpoints.... I will be on tomorrow about 10min before reset hits if anyone needs help transferring.

todd360

Mythocast episode 6 is at 154 plays. So that is pretty cool. I'm pretty proud of it so far. I think the audio quality is getting better as well.

Episode 7 will be recorded this weekend and be about the arena mostly. Everyone who wants in should let me know via PM here or psn. Everyone is welcome to join the discussion. As long as your mic is decent anyways.

Sunday would work best for me Fig, but I can do Friday or Saturday if that would be better for everyone else. By the time I release it online it will be a day or two before the DLC. Exciting Destiny times this month.

Anyone need to do one more nightfall or want to do VoG or Crota. I gots my hunter to 28 and just need to do things to fill up the rest of her bubbles so I can obtain Guardian Lord.

Feed me XP people!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
hmm... how should i have it configured for crucible, then? thanks in advance for the edumucation!
Choose Perfect Balance, and some kind of armor piece that buff special weapon reload speed really brings it to life. without knowing what class you are talking about using it on I can't offer much before that. If Titan, Defender with War Machine is a great pairing as DY_nasty noted. I play with it on Gunslinger with Ahamkara's Spine (switch off of Chain of Woe and Gunslinger's Trance, since it can't crit). Bear in mind you need to play special ammo scout the entire match. I usually have my primary out and wait until I have at least 12 special ammo before switching to it and going on a tear, then switching back to go scavenge around for more ammo.

edit: if you are going Defender, No Backup Plans is a perfect compliment.

Choose Perfect Balance, and some kind of armor piece that buff special weapon reload speed really brings it to life. without knowing what class you are talking about using it on I can't offer much before that. If Titan, Defender with War Machine is a great pairing as DY_nasty noted. I play with it on Gunslinger with Ahamkara's Spine (switch off of Chain of Woe and Gunslinger's Trance, since it can't crit). Bear in mind you need to play special ammo scout the entire match. I usually have my primary out and wait until I have at least 12 special ammo before switching to it and going on a tear, then switching back to go scavenge around for more ammo.

edit: if you are going Defender, No Backup Plans is a perfect compliment.
ah ok... so i'm going to have to start memorizing more of the special ammo spawn spots. cool! Thanks, guys!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ah ok... so i' going to have to start memorizing special ammo spawn spots. cool! Thanks, guys!
It chews up ammo like crazy, so for sure. The upshot is that if you get good at this, the playstyle also denies lots of special ammo to the other side

19th is going to be hard. Destiny HoW and Witcher 3. I might have to hire the neighbor kid that always wants to mow my lawn to farm for me on Destiny.

Anybody want to do Skirmish?

I cannot remember the last time I died to a pocket infinity. Vex/thorn/hawkM/redD rule these lands.

Don't forget TLW, but yeah been a long time since I've seen PI. It's still very good but it used to be straight up broken OP. I'd been hard pressed to believe that any top sweaty players would use PI even if they could, not just because it uses the exotic spot but also uses the Felwinter spot.

@Rasen- like Hawk said, Perfect Balance is a must. For the barrel, I usually rolled Smooth Ballistics for the Impact relative to Soft Ballistics, especially since the unique perk made it crazily effective at long range despite its low range stat. You fire more bursts when you miss and you miss more bursts at range so it fires even more spam of death that could kill across the map before the FR spread nerf.

Regardless, the key is high stability so definitely don't use Linear Compensator.

Mythocast episode 6 is at 154 plays. So that is pretty cool. I'm pretty proud of it so far. I think the audio quality is getting better as well.

Episode 7 will be recorded this weekend and be about the arena mostly. Everyone who wants in should let me know via PM here or psn. Everyone is welcome to join the discussion. As long as your mic is decent anyways.

Sunday would work best for me Fig, but I can do Friday or Saturday if that would be better for everyone else. By the time I release it online it will be a day or two before the DLC. Exciting Destiny times this month.

Sunday is fine for me.

Speaking of Destiny. I find it strange this game is going strong, and almost at 21 OT's That is crazy.

I would say DGAF is my favorite part of GAF. But as a Warlock all the hate you pour onto us misunderstood blinking nova bomb space magicians I will only allow my one single Exo emotion to say that I fancy this thread more than others.

Anybody want to do Skirmish?

Don't forget TLW, but yeah been a long time since I've seen PI. It's still very good but it used to be straight up broken OP. I'd been hard pressed to believe that any top sweaty players would use PI even if they could, not just because it uses the exotic spot but also uses the Felwinter spot.

@Rasen- like Hawk said, Perfect Balance is a must. For the barrel, I usually rolled Smooth Ballistics for the Impact relative to Soft Ballistics, especially since the unique perk made it crazily effective at long range despite its low range stat. You fire more bursts when you miss and you miss more bursts at range so it fires even more spam of death that could kill across the map before the FR spread nerf.

Regardless, the key is high stability so definitely don't use Linear Compensator.
w(°&#65359;°)w

completely forgot about the perk. it was my first exotic weapon, and maybe it's time i polished it back up for some crucible rounds.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
w(°&#65359;°)w

completely forgot about the perk. it was my first exotic weapon, and maybe it's time i polished it back up for some crucible rounds.
yeah, it's, really nothing like any other fusion rifle

edit: I'll be home from my trip sunday afternoon so I could record sunday evening if the mythocast ends up being then

It just never interested me tbh.

And this is quite literally one of the reasons I enjoy GAF so much. Games like the Witcher are entirely hit or miss depending on the gamer.

As a PC gamer for as long as I could remember (even before consoles) this is one of the true ends to a trilogy I am looking forward to. I am glad it is coming out for consoles but this is truly an epic ending to a long journey for some of us PC gamers.

I'm skipping witcher 3, don't really care for it

destiny all the way @_@

I was with you all the way on "It's OK! I'm a Warlock!", but now you're just spouting nonsense! Are you sure you're OK? Too many deaths and revives haven't caused permanent brain damage, have they? XD

So I think the Fang just replaced VoC as my favorite non-MIDA scout rifle. Feels more similar to the MIDA to me and I just love using that weapon. Still not as perfect handling as the MIDA, but close. Have to give it a whirl in Crucible.

And that's it for me on this thread. Gotta go to bed, and I guess soon it'll be light 21.

I was with you all the way on "It's OK! I'm a Warlock!", but now you're just spouting nonsense! Are you sure you're OK? Too many deaths and revives haven't caused permanent brain damage, have they? XD

So I think the Fang just replaced VoC as my favorite non-MIDA scout rifle. Feels more similar to the MIDA to me and I just love using that weapon. Still not as perfect handling as the MIDA, but close. Have to give it a whirl in Crucible.

And that's it for me on this thread. Gotta go to bed, and I guess soon it'll be light 21.

Fang is truly an amazing gun. So many Word of Crota lovers but the Fang. That is where it is at.

Namikaze1

Yep, hadn't started yet so 1 spot still open if anyone else wants to join. I'll see if my non-Gaf ToO partner wants to hop aboard...
Cool. I could probably just play 4-5 matches before having to leave.

Just letting you know, I haven't play crucible in three months.

*snip*

another question - would this, on a defender titan, be a viable build for blocking enemy heavy? put a bubble down, then if an enemy tries to super their way in, just PI them to death?

sounds like a plan

7 pm EST / Midnight GMT again? I should be able to make it if Todd doesn't hate me too much now...

Also, are you 4-personning Clash? Me and Nami could hop in if he wants, unless we want to knock out this skirmish bounty now. Didn't hear back from ToO member, I think she's afk, been in orbit a long time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
another question - would this, on a defender titan, be a viable build for blocking enemy heavy? put a bubble down, then if an enemy tries to super their way in, just PI them to death?
Sure. A 3-blast will kill bladedancers in Arc Blade, Radiance Sunsingers with Radiant Skin, Voidwalkers in the middle of bombing, etc.
Sunday it is. Hawkian can choose the time since it looks like he will be busy Sunday.
Uhh 7PM EST I guess? I get in around 3.

Namikaze1

7 pm EST / Midnight GMT again? I should be able to make it if Todd doesn't hate me too much now...

Also, are you 4-personning Clash? Me and Nami could hop in if he wants, unless we want to knock out this skirmish bounty now. Didn't hear back from ToO member, I think she's afk, been in orbit a long time.
Skirmish, Control, Clash, it doesn't matter. Haven't done crucible in months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom