• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impala26

So upgrade bubbles, and the type and amount of materials/glimmer/etc. needed to upgrade weapons and gear currently in your inventory/vault won't change once HoW drops save for the added bubble for Ascension?

Did I hear that gear/weapon drops from raids (after HoW drop) will also have their base stats raised or...?

Ein Bear

So I got an exotic bounty tonight which I've been following along with. I was pretty excited at first, but have just got to a point where it wants me to get 500 points in the Crucible, using void weapons, where dying will lose progress.

Fuck right off Bungie, that's legitimately the least fun thing a game has ever asked me to do.

Impala26

So I got an exotic bounty tonight which I've been following along with. I was pretty excited at first, but have just got to a point where it wants me to get 500 points in the Crucible, using void weapons, where dying will lose progress.

Fuck right off Bungie, that's legitimately the least fun thing a game has ever asked me to do.

Yeah, probably one of the most difficult/tedious bounty steps of all.
But at the end of it all you end up with one of the best weapons in the game, so there's that at least.

Oh you should be. It's my favorite mission in the game, sad you can't repeat it.

I was thinking about this recently... Done as a glimmer/black wax idol farming deterrent perhaps?

Lima

speaking of sweaties, i watched a pick up group 3-2 invigorate in control last night. they were mad salty.

destiny's competitive scene really is only thorn + felwinter's + blink though, so that isn't going to appeal to everyone. out of 12 players, i think there was only one Gunslinger (IIsKampII) and another Striker. literally everyone else was blinking with shotgun as a Warlock or Hunter

True that's why I said "competitive". There is too much stupid stuff in this game.

That doesn't mean there is no skill involved of course. And in 3v3 you generally don't have people rushing with blink shotgun. Or at least they are the ones that end up losing. If you have good sniper skills like you yourself you will be in high demand in ToO.

Hmmm that "Boguester" appears fake!

;)

If it was real it would say his PSN ID which isn't Boguester.
Not doubting the timing just commenting on the photo BTW.

haha yeah as OCean said, I just added a little text box to cover my name.

I think if we looked up everyone's guardian lordship, we would see a pretty mixed look at that list.
No reason to update it, but if we had to go by dates, I would be over/under todd360 at least.

Why post about it if not to get the truth out? :) I'll update more in the new OT.

Uhh why am I not the third person on the guardian lord list now? I worked really hard to be right next to fig and nami :(

Edit: Is this some kind of warlock hate act of aggression?

Edit 2: Just saw the reasoning. I'm trying not to be salty, but its hard. I was on the team that beat flawless before the rest of gaf. I had a life and couldn't grind my last character fast :(

Did you legit look at the timestamps for everyone? That's some dedication.

I apologize for saltiness but it's a chronological list. Fair is fair my good man, everyone has a life and competing interests for their time. It's not personal, just factual. I'm moving down the list too, haha.

And yes, any changes are based on me verifying the time stamps. I did start changing it a while ago and nobody noticed except Nami a few days ago, and nobody said anything about that until I quoted it again today.

Hey guys, just making plans for the night and I wanted to find out early if everyone in our weekly raid marathon squad is planning on being on tonight for reset?

I'll definitely be around, not positive exactly how long I can play. Hopefully we can pro-mode it up enough to finish things in a reasonably ~4 hours or so.

The OG team is dead D:

Steroyd was the last to fall (besides me haha), although partly due to the team getting all haywire last couple weeks and other people jumping in and his mic going on the frtiz recently.

I'll definitely be playing lots of HoW next Tuesday and would love to have as many of the OGs as possible. Everybody said they'd be back for HoW but you're the only one who's actually been around the OT recently. Yzen did PM to confirm he still wants to fire it up again. and will be there release day, so we'll see.

ocean

Banned

It can be rough if you don't play much PvP. But it's way less than 500 kills. I don't remember the points system exactly but dying doesn't reset all progress. Just try to kill more than you die and you'll get there. It can be tough on Hunters though...

If you're a Titan, remember Magnetic grenades are a one hit kill, guaranteed. And if you're a Warlock...just have fun :)

What's the consensus on radars in PvP - removed completely or modified in some way? Is competitive strictly no radar? I didn't even think a comp scene was possible with Destiny.

ethomaz

Banned
500 Void Kills Points Bounty

Kills: +5 points
Deaths: -2 points

Assists doesn't count.

Just use a voidwalker and void weapons to be faster.

Oh, we were doing theory-crafting for future subclasses?

Warlock: Shockmancer
Perk 1 places a large circle of Arc energy on the ground that is the size of a capture point and works like a vestige from the TBD missions, albeit with more and less-damaging pulses. Perk 2, the warlock forms a smaller, insta-kill disc in their hand and throws it forward, with the disc capable of flying through walls as well as pre-nerf armor piercing rounds on a sniper. Perk 3, the warlock creates the circle above their head and slams it down on the ground, causing three Razor's Edge-style shockwaves to travel out along the ground.

Hunter: Trapper
Perk 1 causes the hunter to place an area very similar to the Wizard's poison effect around themselves which prevents ability usage and slows down any opponents within. Perk 2 allows them to throw this in a grenade form which causes the effect to appear away from them, but for a shorter time. Perk 3 work similar to Sunsinger, it allows them to turn any primary weapon shots (not NLB, UR, or VM type weapons) into a shorter version of this effect, but does not cause a field effect on the ground.

Titan: Charger
Perk 1 causes them to curl up like the Hobgoblins in an impenetrable shield and after 4-5 seconds, release that shield in a explosion of Solar energy. Perk 2 functions similar in that they go invulnerable for a short time, but the explosion effect travels further and only along the ground. Perk 3 causes them to rise into the air while invulnerable and strike forward at a 45 degree angle, very similar to Fist of Havoc. As an added bonus, another perk can be used add Fireborn to any of these. Also give them Blink, why not. Titans running around with Armor Lock, Fireborn, and Blink would be just what they need to actually stand up to their Hunter and Warlock betters.

Ophelion

It can be rough if you don't play much PvP. But it's way less than 500 kills. I don't remember the points system exactly but dying doesn't reset all progress. Just try to kill more than you die and you'll get there. It can be tough on Hunters though...

If you're a Titan, remember Magnetic grenades are a one hit kill, guaranteed. And if you're a Warlock...just have fun :)

It's 5 points per kill Vs -2 points per death. That will forever be burned into my brain after I had to suffer through that fresh hell. If it wasn't for the fact that only void kills count it wouldn't be too bad. Since it is, I'm just lucky I got matched against people that straight had no clue what they were doing for a few of my last matches. I just ran around disintegrating people with a void fusion rifle and nova bombing what was left.

Having a Thorn in my collection is very nice though.

todd360

I apologize for saltiness but it's a chronological list. Fair is fair my good man, everyone has a life and competing interests for their time. It's not personal, just factual. I'm moving down the list too, haha.

And yes, any changes are based on me verifying the time stamps. I did start changing it a while ago and nobody noticed except Nami a few days ago, and nobody said anything about that until I quoted it again today.

Its just that I was there for months and no one ever challenged my place before that im aware of. It was something I held great pride in. More than what's healthy lol.

I guess I was still apart of the first GAF flawless victory in VoG though. Unless that is a sham as well. I don't even know what's real or not anymore. Hawkian help me!

Ein Bear

Yeah, I'm a Hunter and the only weapon I have that does void damage is a sniper rifle which I'm terrible with haha.

Am just going to sack the whole thing off. It's disappointing, but I honestly just don't care enough about getting Thorn to subject myself to that kind of misery.

Its just that I was there for months and no one ever challenged my place before that im aware of. It was something I held great pride in. More than what's healthy lol.

I guess I was still apart of the first GAF flawless victory in VoG though. Unless that is a sham as well. I don't even know what's real or not anymore. Hawkian help me!

I would hold you but... us Warlocks are emotionless sorts.

You should know. Everyone shits on us.

rNilla

I'll consider it.

okay.

4db63a37dfd1d68b5ff380f441d8e895.gif

Lima

What's the consensus on radars in PvP - removed completely or modified in some way? Is competitive strictly no radar? I didn't even think a comp scene was possible with Destiny.

Sweaties include no picking up heavy ammo cause it's stupid. No pocket infinity cause it's stupid.
No final round snipers cause... You get the idea.

Everything else is fair game. We are currently pushing for no Felwinters and Found Verdicy as a substitute because pretty much everyone has it and can get it but only a few people accept it so far since there is a certain group of people who will be unable to get kills if you take away their beloved lie.

Sweaties include no picking up heavy ammo cause it's stupid. No pocket infinity cause it's stupid.

Everything else is fair game. We are currently pushing for no Felwinters and Found Verdicy as a substitute because pretty much everyone has it and can get it but only a few people accept it so far since there is a certain group of people who will be unable to get kills if you take away their beloved lie.

no felwinters would eliminate 90% of the competition lol

todd360

I would hold you but... us Warlocks are emotionless sorts.

You should know. Everyone shits on us.

I feel so connected to my warlock brethren in a emotionless bro fist kinda way right now. I shall continue to hone my space magic in an effort to be the one of the greatest warlocks in the crucible and outside it.

milkham

what is a sweaty and why is it called that

I thought the system was obtain lordship and post proof nami. I posted proof third because it was important to me. The people who apparently beat me didn't post proof immediately.

It was important to me too and I posted about it immediately after we finished. But I didn't have any way of uploading pictures at the time, and it was never mentioned to me as being required since I was around posting all the time and everyone knew me/my flawless groups. In fact I never posted "proof" until a couple months ago, just for a laugh.

People PM me to be added to the list but don't always include proof, but I know the people as regulars here and/or can look up their trophies to confirm. Chronological is the fairest way to go imo, and most fun for "historical documentation." It's just a silly list anyway.

what is a sweaty and why is it called that

it's a scrimmage game where two teams search simultaneously to match each other. they form a party chat and choose the hosts closest to each other geographically. then the teams count down and search until they find each other. it's played with honor rules

• no Heavy ammo
  • no Pocket Infinity
  • no Final Round snipers

additional rules can be set in party chat before the matches start, such as no Thorn. these honor rules extend to when you match teams you know in the wild as well. when Geavy is coming up, players will Wave to each other to signal that they aren't playing with Heavy.

It's currently the only way to play Destiny "competitively".

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ok - that was really fun. Shame I wasn't level 30 so I couldn't get the 5 motes of light, but I should be able to do it with my warlock (once I can be bothered doing the quests again).

-

Time for some crucible.

Daemul

no felwinters would eliminate 90% of the competition lol

I've been thinking about getting in on the Xbox competitive scene and getting rid of Noobwinters Lie would push me into joining, get rid of Thorn as well and I would pay to join.

PvP in this game is so unbalanced, the Supers alone are bad enough, but add in OP weapons, poorly created maps and heavy ammo and shit just gets out of control.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I've been thinking about getting on the Xbox competitive scene and getting rid of Noobwinters Lie would push me into joining, get rid of Thorn as well and I would pay to join.

PvP in this game is so unbalanced, the Supers alone are bad enough, but add in OP weapons, poorly created maps and heavy ammo and shit just gets out of control.

Meh. I've had a lot of fun with it.

(although yep, the lag is sometimes irritating)

milkham

it's a scrimmage game where two teams search simultaneously to match each other. they form a party chat and choose the hosts closest to each other geographically. then the teams count down and search until they find each other. it's played with honor rules

• no Heavy ammo
  • no Pocket Infinity
  • no Final Round snipers

additional rules can be set in party chat before the matches start, such as no Thorn. these honor rules extend to when you match teams you know in the wild as well. when Geavy is coming up, players will Wave to each other to signal that they aren't playing with Heavy.

It's currently the only way to play Destiny "competitively".

thanks for the explanation. I think its kind of strange though, if you keep tacking on rules at what point should you be playing another game? I am in no way a competitive FPS player but this seems akin to playing street fighter and saying "no throws"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom