• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its just that I was there for months and no one ever challenged my place before that im aware of. It was something I held great pride in. More than what's healthy lol.

I posted about it before back at the time but nobody (including me) really cared. Nobody cared when I changed it in this OT until I reposted Nami's quote. I spend a lot of time keeping up with the community, and it's always time I enjoy and love the opportunity to do fun stuff with everyone. Like I said, I'm bumping myself down as well, I just think it's more interesting/fun if the list is in order of people that got it. Who is still around, who is RIP, etc.

I guess I was still apart of the first GAF flawless victory in VoG though. Unless that is a sham as well.

Of course it's not a sham and adjusting the list doesn't make anything a sham for anyone.

thanks for the explanation. I think its kind of strange though, if you keep tacking on rules at what point should you be playing another game? I am in no way a competitive FPS player but this seems akin to playing street fighter and saying "no throws"

Yeah I can understand no heavy since that's a clear choice to manually make a new game mode, which is cool. Final Rounds I can kinda understand as well since that's mostly Bungie's fault for including such a cheesy option. But PInfinity exclusion is just silly, especially since the FR spread nerf and special ammo nerfs. It's balanced just fine by taking up your exotic spot.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
it's a scrimmage game where two teams search simultaneously to match each other. they form a party chat and choose the hosts closest to each other geographically. then the teams count down and search until they find each other. it's played with honor rules

• no Heavy ammo
  • no Pocket Infinity
  • no Final Round snipers

additional rules can be set in party chat before the matches start, such as no Thorn. these honor rules extend to when you match teams you know in the wild as well. when Geavy is coming up, players will Wave to each other to signal that they aren't playing with Heavy.

It's currently the only way to play Destiny "competitively".
respect (or whatever) to them for acknowledging how potent pocket infinity remains.

todd360

It was important to me too and I posted about it immediately after we finished. But I didn't have any way of uploading pictures at the time, and it was never mentioned to me as being required since I was around posting all the time and everyone knew me/my flawless groups. In fact I never posted "proof" until a couple months ago, just for a laugh.

People PM me to be added to the list but don't always include proof, but I know the people as regulars here and/or can look up their trophies to confirm. Chronological is the fairest way to go imo, and most fun for "historical documentation." It's just a silly list anyway.

Well whatever. Your OP guy and you call the shots. I'm over it. I'll beat you fair and square in destiny 2. Hopefully there is another flawless trophy in that to make it interesting. Since we will have to build a team capable of pulling it off again. Unless of course its laughably easy to do like crota. Hopefully its challenging in any case.

I'll be that one guy who never gets flawless

I'll try my damnedest to not get it. It'll be glorious. In fact I'll shard that trophy if I ever get it.

Well whatever. Your OP guy and you call the shots. I'm over it. I'll beat you fair and square in destiny 2. Hopefully there is another flawless trophy in that to make it interesting. Since we will have to build a team capable of pulling it off again. Unless of course its laughably easy to do like crota. Hopefully its challenging in any case.

Don't worry, you and I will make sure that Warlock mains are at least 2 in the top 5 Guardian Lords of Destiny 2

I'm thinking about remaking my characters just because Awoken and Exo are so ugly in this game and provide nothing for my character. I rather have all human.

M3Rocket

Yeah, I'm a Hunter and the only weapon I have that does void damage is a sniper rifle which I'm terrible with haha.

Am just going to sack the whole thing off. It's disappointing, but I honestly just don't care enough about getting Thorn to subject myself to that kind of misery.

Don't give up on it--Thorn is a fun weapon! If and when you get a void Word of Crota or Swordbreaker from CE, or a random drop for a void fusion rile, it should be fairly easy to help you with some cheese. Just need a fireteam of 3 friends and rumble. Harder to do with just a void sniper.

But I admit, I kept that bounty around for over two months before a couple of clan members helped me with it because at that point, I just didn't play Crucible at all and was completely lost in those maps and frustrated getting one-shotted around every corner.

Namikaze1

Yes

I will invite all of neogaf, and live I will destroy my PS4 and then go online and break my account. Or something.

Just like the Gjallarhorn, into the trash it goes!
I-dont-believe-you.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Havnt gotten it either, i know as soon as i get flawless im going to want to go hunt for the ghosts.

And i dont wanna!

Does it make me even nerdier that I actually want to read the lore from them?

-

I don't usually play clash but that was so much fun. Why does everyone have Thorn? I tried using the Last Word for a while but I suck even more than normal if I don't use an auto rifle.

Yes

I will invite all of neogaf, and live I will destroy my PS4 and then go online and break my account. Or something.

Just like the Gjallarhorn, into the trash it goes!

You didnt.......

You were given a date with the captain of the cheerleading squad only to deny it to. Go out with the homely girl (hezen) in the back of the library.

I respect that, only the homely girl wants nothing to do with you!

Namikaze1

This is what's gonna happen:

*BreezyLimbo found Hezen Vengeance*

"Fuck yeah! Fuck all you doubters! Especially you, Nami!"

*ten minutes later*

".....why did I dismantle Gjallarhorn?"

ExVicis

You didnt.......

You were given a date with the captain of the cheerleading squad only to deny it to. Go out with the homely girl (hezen) in the back of the library.

I respect that, only the homely girl wants nothing to do with you!

This is quite possibly one of the best metaphors I've read in a while.

Steroyd was the last to fall (besides me haha), although partly due to the team getting all haywire last couple weeks and other people jumping in and his mic going on the frtiz recently.

I'll definitely be playing lots of HoW next Tuesday and would love to have as many of the OGs as possible. Everybody said they'd be back for HoW but you're the only one who's actually been around the OT recently. Yzen did PM to confirm he still wants to fire it up again. and will be there release day, so we'll see.

I am around let me know. Of course dont want to replace anyone :)

What if we both need flawless and beat raid together. We would both be number 1? Your time zone is in the future so I technically win? Timezones, how do they work.

As a programmer in the finance industry I have to say there is only one Timezone in the world....

East Coast time.

F- all the rest.

(I live on the West Coast and it has been drilled into me that only Eastern standard time counts)

amar212

So. many. packages coming the day HoW drops.

UG6SPkfl.jpg

Just don't forget how Postmaster can only hold 20 PACKAGES.

If you have other packages (Daily Rewards, Cryptarch) waiting there, be sure to have space for all those once turned in.

Every package above 20 simply pushes out the latest one in the particular group, AKA, the newest one gets lost in the nowhereland.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
As a programmer in the finance industry I have to say there is only one Timezone in the world....

East Coast time.

F- all the rest.

(I live on the West Coast and it has been drilled into me that only Eastern standard time counts)

No way!

As a tax lawyer who works with global clients everything is GMT or a variation thereon.

Just turned in a legendary engram and got a Judgement VI shotty with Field Choke+AggBall, Final Round, and Shot Package. No Hammer Forged but Snapshot might be a decent replacement, hmm...

Thanks for the PvP train, Fig, Wicked, Eyc, Nooblet, and whoever that other guy was. Pheromone, I think.

That's a good one, need to remember that. Anybody still rolling? Kinda want to actually play this game after all this dramatic thread yacking today :p

Maddocks

if I have a Templar checkpoint and stay in the raid after the reset and my friends join in after the reset and die, does the checkpoint stick on their characters or would it know it's an old checkpoint?

*snip*

People PM me to be added to the list but don't always include proof, but I know the people as regulars here and/or can look up their trophies to confirm. Chronological is the fairest way to go imo, and most fun for "historical documentation." It's just a silly list anyway.
hey now, you take that back!
we chee--, ahem, worked, yes, worked very hard on our flawless run to attain our Guardian Lordship! ;-)

if I have a Templar checkpoint and stay in the raid after the reset and my friends join in after the reset and die, does the checkpoint stick on their characters or would it know it's an old checkpoint?

Checkpoint sticks

Edit-

As for you doubters that I will wreck my one and only gjallarhorn, I shall record it once I get my hezens vengeance. It'll be a pretty awesome montage.

it's a scrimmage game where two teams search simultaneously to match each other. they form a party chat and choose the hosts closest to each other geographically. then the teams count down and search until they find each other. it's played with honor rules

• no Heavy ammo
  • no Pocket Infinity
  • no Final Round snipers

additional rules can be set in party chat before the matches start, such as no Thorn. these honor rules extend to when you match teams you know in the wild as well. when Geavy is coming up, players will Wave to each other to signal that they aren't playing with Heavy.

It's currently the only way to play Destiny "competitively".
umm... excuse the noob question, but i thought PI wasn't very good?

Ophelion

I picked up The Chance via a Nightfall with Spray and Play and Who's Next. So impressive to see the reload on that thing when I have Chain of Woe turned on for my Gunslinger. Probably not the best setup, but damn does it look cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom