• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

They showed this before though I don't remember when. I just assumed it's the entrance.

because also:

Probably so - the teaser starts with the fire team spawning in front of that door. I wonder if the servitor is a gate keeper of sorts.

In fact the beginning might be a hub of sorts - the camera pans around and it appears there are doors all around them. I wonder if one opens at random with each run.

I can already tell this is going to be a much better expansion than The Dark Below was.

rNilla

Probably so - the teaser starts with the fire team spawning in front of that door. I wonder if the servitor is a gate keeper of sorts.

I can already tell this is going to be a much better expansion than The Dark Below was.
Maybe it'll beam us to different areas.

GhaleonEB

Maybe it'll beam us to different areas.

I think the doors will lead to different areas. As they spawn into that location, we see the door the servitor is behind. And then the camera pans to show another, different style of door next to it.

SpawningPoE_zpsbluixd49.png

I'm guessing with each run, we don't do the same area each time, but one as a mini-strike of sorts. Or we have to clear one out to access the next.

hydruxo

I think the doors will lead to different areas. As they spawn into that location, we see the door the servitor is behind. And then the camera pans to show another, different style of door next to it.

SpawningPoE_zpsbluixd49.png

I'm guessing with each run, we don't do the same area each time, but one as a mini-strike of sorts. Or we have to clear one out to access the next.

My guess is that there are 4 doors - one for each enemy type (Fallen, Cabal, Hive, Vex). You pick the one you want to enter, and each area is a separate wing with unique environments that fit the enemy type you're fighting. It makes sense because they wouldn't put the Fallen with the Hive, Cabal with the Fallen, etc.

Impala26

My guess is that there are 4 doors - one for each enemy type (Fallen, Cabal, Hive, Vex). You pick the one you want to enter, and each area is a separate wing with unique environments that fit the enemy type you're fighting. It makes sense because they wouldn't put the Fallen with the Hive, Cabal with the Fallen, etc.

So...
Prison of Elders is Destiny's Ganon's Castle confirmed?

Can't wait to get home from work for reset day activities. Tuesday's are so busy at my job, it's nice to come home for new runs of NF's, weeklies, Gorgons and then oracle and Templar, Crota and VOG runs.

Prison of Elders teaser reminds me of Chalice Dungeons in Bloodborne. I remember hearing something about "The Arena" and was hoping it'd be a more open Colosseum type area. Waiting to see more, but it looked a lot like just the inside of the Fallen Ketch where we killed that dude in the chair.

Sane_Man

What exactly is going to be the difference between a horde mode and everything singe single-player mission in the game? :p

Exactly why PoE is likely to be fun once or twice and then a chore after the initial gloss has worn off. I hope there's more to it than I'm imagining, but nothing Bungie has done since launch suggests that.

Deku Tree

So all the worst baddies that the Fallen have ever defeated were imprisoned in the Prison of Elders... and then somehow they managed to overthrow their captors and take over the Prison... and now the Queen is calling on us Guardians to repay the favor that we owe and to enter the Prison and put down the insurrection.

Does that sound about right?
I am just making stuff up here...

omg omg om gom gomg

Ive said it ages befo rethat this game needs a horde mode

and now they're adding a hrode mode

bungie right into my heart. I think I may buy this game digitally next time it goes on sale just so it's always a staple on my PS4

any raids running right now? I've decided to promptly fuck avengers today. I dreamt about Destiny. We were in a hivish temple fighting off groups of thralls. It was good.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Exactly why PoE is likely to be fun once or twice and then a chore after the initial gloss has worn off. I hope there's more to it than I'm imagining, but nothing Bungie has done since launch suggests that.

Can we stop with this stupid debate on content labeling.

Crota's End is a raid and is one of the most boring pieces of content in the game. Everybody is up in arms because there is no new raid. This makes no sense.

What people want is fun and interesting combat scenarios. It doesn't matter whether you call it a mission, strike, raid, or horde mode. People want fun content that's all. ODST Firefight was superb. Reach FF was good (not up to ODST), but good. Gears Horde was a ton of fun too.

Please drop your pre-conceived notions tied to naming conventions. Just evaluate the content for what it is and leave it at that.

/rant

Yeah definitely different doors for each enemy type, looks like there's something next to each one that signifies which one is which

Cabal shield next to this one:

Hive barnacle / egg things next to this one:

Fallen crate next to this door:

Actually now that you mention it, that Servitor does look fucked up. A Hive-infested Servitor maybe? Ooooh. OOOOH GOD THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES.

willow ve

Crota's End is a raid and is one of the most boring pieces of content in the game. Everybody is up in arms because there is no new raid. This makes no sense.

What people want is fun and interesting combat scenarios. It doesn't matter whether you call it a mission, strike, raid, or horde mode. People want fun content that's all. ODST Firefight was superb. Reach FF was good (not up to ODST), but good. Gears Horde was a ton of fun too.

Please drop your pre-conceived notions tied to naming conventions. Just evaluate the content for what it is and leave it at that.

/rant

rant back on?

Why do people hate Crota? I generally have a blast playing it each week. Note: at least 85% of the time I play with random pick up groups - it's honestly a nail biter if we make through each section and much more often than not we can't kill Crota at the end (for one reason or another).

The only beef I have with the Crota raid is that all of the loot is at the very end. With Vault of Glass there are random loot drops (and chests) spread throughout the raid so you're constantly being
potentially
rewarded.

Yes Crota is linear - yes it can, at times, play like a series of Roc Strikes all strung together one after another, but I still enjoy it.

Actually now that you mention it, that Servitor does look fucked up. A Hive-infested Servitor maybe? Ooooh. OOOOH GOD THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES.

Would love to see "infested" versions of each race like the Flood infested Covenant in Halo.

Sane_Man

/rant

It's nothing to do with naming conventions and everything to do with wanting interesting mechanics and gameplay depth. CE wasn't a patch on VoG but it's a damn sight more interesting than any of the missions and strikes in the game due to the mechanics (lamps, bridge crossing, sword bearing). I hope I'm wrong but if PoE is just a straight up horde mode (i.e. a door opens, you go in the room and kill 200 enemies and then a bullet sponge boss) like everything so far suggests it is then that sounds boring as fuck to me.

And I hated all of the examples you listed, so obviously this depends on what you want in a game. I'm sure a straight up horde mode will be fun for many.

Plus playing with 3 people is inherently less fun than playing with 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom