• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

ich00

Awesome wright up hawk. There's so much helpful pvp info going around the last few days. Between hawk and zoba' posts and watching people stream, it's a lot to take in.

nOoblet16

Hawkmoon is two headshots to kill too... and I win 90% of time in battle agains Thorn.

Ohhhhh and the Fusion Granade is a killer machine too... sometimes I killed 2 or 3 guys in one throw.

PS. I got a new Exotic Gloves for my Warlock... Nothing Manacles.

While true usually it's not always the case as Guardian health ranges from 188-204 in crucible (more in IB/ToO), Hawkmoon does 94 headshot. That's 190 points, not a two hit kill against guardians with higher defense. Thord does 84 +21 (in intervals of 7). Another thing to note is that Hawkmoon has worse TTK than TLW and Thorn.

But Hawkmoon's magic bullets are great and they can stack up resulting in one hit kills !! But because it's random it's also it's drawback which pyts it a notch below Thorn.

I have too many weapons in the vault. I have three Fatebringers, a Red Hand IX, a Word of Crota, a Jewel of Osiris, that Queen's handcannon, TDYK and a Chance, and I just can't bring myself to shard them even though I'll probably never use any except Fatebringer. :lol Should get rid of that Chance, at least.

how do you get skolas to not bum rush your shit?

this is fucking annoying

We figured out after two hours that having one guy rush ahead to kill the Servitor while the other two lag behind somehow makes Skolas lag behind too. We managed to unload a lot more rockets on him before he even went up to us that way.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I was going to upgrade my VOC but now that I have a summoner with solar I'll save it for something else. I think maybe Black Hammer.

I need 2 more coins to get 9 total for all 3 buffs so I can play with my Hunter. Do they only drop the first time you play the PvP Daily for the day?

Meneses

Basic Strategy

All that matters is the W. I've heard people in multiple groups now tell me that they felt like they weren't pulling their weight or were doing poorly because they had few kills per round. But if you're alive, and we win the round, that means that at the very least you stayed alive until everyone on the other team was dead. Focus more on staying alive and assisting your teammates- pushing any time you have a 2v1 advantage- regardless of your personal K/D.

Great tips.

This is my main issue right here. I was playing with a couple friends today and was really off my game (i'm usually an average PvP player at best, with some occasional good streaks, but never one to carry a team), and I was really, really stressed out due to feeling like I was holding them back.

I don't even feel very comfortable asking my team to go back there because I'm afraid to just waste their time (and PVP can be frustrating if things don't go our way for a while).

I think this mode will be mostly out of my reach.

We figured out after two hours that having one guy rush ahead to kill the Servitor while the other two lag behind somehow makes Skolas lag behind too. We managed to unload a lot more rockets on him before he even went up to us that way.

lag behind and just wait till the one guy kills the sevitor?

SkylineRKR

I've been wondering for a time if Thunderlord has a hidden Surplus perk?

I'm finding a ridiculous amount of heavy ammo with it, on par with Corrective and other weapons with this perk.

Also, Nighthawk GG does about 30% damage on the Skywatch servitor boss. I'm level 32. Insta kill on those scorch cannon fuckers.

WipedOut

T9sH3M2.jpg

WE FUCKING DID IT

kL47S2n.gif

TWO AND A HALF FUCKING HOURS ON SKOLAS, BATTLING RNG AND WEASEL ERRORS

BUT WE FUCKING DID IT

OVp360o.gif

Gg AllGoodInTheHood and Izuna Lasky. You glorious bastards who convinced me to stay in for just one, final run. I salute you.

ItIqsU6.gif

Congrats! The hardest part for us was waiting for synth cool downs, we did pretty well 1-5, six took a while and I lost power during part of it. Get any good loot?

lag behind and just wait till the one guy kills the sevitor?

Not until then, just a few seconds head start. By the time he kills the servitor you'll make it in and be immediately ready to start firing, while he should be standing at the back still. Don't ask me why, but it proved our salvation in the end.

Izuna had apparently been doing it subconsciously all along and had gotten called out for it by previous teammates, so now he was subconsciously sticking close to us. After thirty or so wipes he started theorizing if that lay at the root of our issues when Good accidentally bumped into a wall and lagged behind. Lo and behold, that worked.

We had terrible mine spawns, too. Always at the back, switched to the front during our penultimate attempt, causing another wipe cause we simply weren't ready for it.

Congrats! The hardest part for us was waiting for synth cool downs, we did pretty well 1-5, six took a while and I lost power during part of it. Get any good loot?

Yeah, I think we only wiped three or four times before Skolas. Izuna'd done it nearly ten times already so when stuff started going bad he just had no idea what was happening. I got weaseled about two hours in, too, luckily the only time it happened during the entire run, which is amazing all by itself.

As for loot, I got the Machine Gun from the chest and rolled a Judgment's Chance which ended up being the Scout Rifle. Was hoping for some armor, but alas. You guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom