• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

The class perks, grenades and supers the two big subclasses possess are just so much better than everyone elses and the top players gravitate towards them. Shit like Firebolt/Arcbolt, Raidant Skin, Viking Funeral and the big one, Quickdraw in combination with Blink, just makes the game so much easier to play and going back to the other subclasses feels like you're only gimping yourself. Until there's true class balance in Destiny you'll never see Destiny become a truly competitive game because if you have 4/6, probably soon to be 7/9 , subclasses in the game not being used by the best players than you have a problem.

Why or why Bungie haven't been tweaking the subclasses baffles me tbh, they are NOT equal.

I don't know about that. That new Titan class looks like it could fuck some shit up in the crucible. Also that new warlock subclass has lighting grenades and extended melee range. Plus the super for the arc Warlock looks like it's designed to murder multiple people at the same time while having some mobility, which is something none of the other subclasses have.

I just wanna give major props to Bungie for how the different classes play. I was exclusively a Titan until about a week ago. I finally got my Warlock to 20 and with the help of my titan he is now 33.

I feel like I've only been enjoying 1/3 of the game to this point. It's so much fun having a second character. They play totally differently, and it really feels like a new experience. I've come back from the dead so many times to prevent a wipe that now going back to my non resurrecting Titan feels wrong. I haven't even fully leveled up a subclass, my Sunsinger is almost there, and my Voidwalker is only about 1/4.

Speakking of Voidwalker, what a fun ass subclass. I love it in crucible, and while it's not super viable for PvE it's a ton of fun for the lower level strikes. I can't wait to have a fully upgraded nova bomb + bloom for the beginning of the Crota raid.

Now I just really want to make a hunter, but I promised my friend who is jumping in on TTK that I'd start a new character with him.

Anyway the point of this post is to tell people to have one of all three classes. Because it is a blast to play as a new character.

GutZ31

I usually put 1-2 requests here, but save for the Nightfall, no luck finding anybody who needs to do similar stuf, and raids take too long for me to play them mid week unless I'm being sherpa'ed.

I went in a "me too* grindfest and got a Husk of the Pit after 10 times restarting " The Fist of Crota". So this thing evolves?

I don't wish to put blame on you, but you have in the past been rather flip floppy with how you wish to game.

I have seen on many occasions people trying to group with out, or add you as a friend, but shortly after, you were hit with a need to step away from the game.

I am sure you have had some times where people on here glossed over, but that just means you just need to take over nami's spot as top poster.

Hard to get noticed all the time, but it also helps if you can stay with the request.

I usually put 1-2 requests here, but save for the Nightfall, no luck finding anybody who needs to do similar stuf, and raids take too long for me to play them mid week unless I'm being sherpa'ed.

I went in a "me too* grindfest and got a Husk of the Pit after 10 times restarting " The Fist of Crota". So this thing evolves?

yep, you will need
*upgrade the husk, only hive kills grant experience. go to the dark beyond mission on the moon. takes about 20 minutes
*to evolve it further you need to buy an item from eris, cant remember the name. but I think in order to buy it you need to be rank 3-4.
*when applied it upgrades to edilon ally. you upgrde that with regualr expiernce. the last node requires a crux of crota you get from defeating crota on HM, random drop.
* get nechrocasm. marvel that it comes fully upgraded. laugh at how bad it is and then sorrow on all the time you wasted upgrading it.
* laugh at the haters when the AR buff comes from the taken king

Hyun Sai

Primary: One of 5 guns at the most flexible possible stretch (TLW, Thorn, HMoon, Red Death, Messenger/Pilgrim)
Secondary: one of 4 virtually identical shotguns (shot package aggressive range boosted Felwinter's or Matador or Party Crasher); or a high aim assist, high impact sniper.
Heavy: high velocity/blast proximity detonation rocket with Tripod

I must add that Xur sold TLW, Red Death, that there is a New Monarchy shotgun that matches those or really close, and Red Orbit is selling one RL that does the job. Oh, I think Variks sold the Veil too.

The interesting thing is that even if you're not blessed with RNG, you can gear up and be ready to trial, and that's really a good thing.

ocean

Banned
Wish You Luck on stream with the most generic and lame EDM streamer music in the background discussing the hot sauce he likes for his Doritos.

This guy is like the CoDude stereotype personified :p

I just wanna give major props to Bungie for how the different classes play. I was exclusively a Titan until about a week ago. I finally got my Warlock to 20 and with the help of my titan he is now 33...
Speakking of Voidwalker, what a fun ass subclass. I love it in crucible, and while it's not super viable for PvE it's a ton of fun for the lower level strikes. I can't wait to have a fully upgraded nova bomb + bloom for the beginning of the Crota raid.

Now I just really want to make a hunter, but I promised my friend who is jumping in on TTK that I'd start a new character with him.

Anyway the point of this post is to tell people to have one of all three classes. Because it is a blast to play as a new character.
I agree that having all the classes is the best way to play Destiny. I think we all have one class that we love the most (voidwalker for me) and one that we are kinda meh about (striker titan for me).

I disagree about the voidwalker not being viable in pve. The Obsidian Mind/Bad Juju non-stop super build is a lot of fun against the Dark Below content. I use it against pack of wolves and other content too.

But he will be replaced by Nolan North?
If he had a mic I'd ask him. So I'll just speak for him and say, "No, I'll still be myself."

E92 M3

I just wanna give major props to Bungie for how the different classes play. I was exclusively a Titan until about a week ago. I finally got my Warlock to 20 and with the help of my titan he is now 33.

I feel like I've only been enjoying 1/3 of the game to this point. It's so much fun having a second character. They play totally differently, and it really feels like a new experience. I've come back from the dead so many times to prevent a wipe that now going back to my non resurrecting Titan feels wrong. I haven't even fully leveled up a subclass, my Sunsinger is almost there, and my Voidwalker is only about 1/4.

Absolutely 100% truth! Having 1 of each character is the complete Destiny experience.

I don't wish to put blame on you, but you have in the past been rather flip floppy with how you wish to game.

I have seen on many occasions people trying to group with out, or add you as a friend, but shortly after, you were hit with a need to step away from the game.
Yep. Guess I am not very reliable. Either getting addicted and suffering from burnout, or then been so scared to play with others that I will put literally almost any excuse... Guess I have no solution.

New neighbours in the vacated apartment next to mine and paper thin walls. Please, I wanted to enjoy the silence. No safe room now

Hyun Sai

Why oh why Bungie haven't been tweaking the subclasses baffles me tbh, they are NOT equal.

When you've got a game with many Classes / Perks, it's impossible to make them equal unless you make them all the same.

The most you can do is try to "compress" the tier list . This is a very difficult thing to do, because you can fuck up a lot of things with a little tweak.

GutZ31

Yep. Guess I am not very reliable. Either getting addicted and suffering from burnout, or then been so scared to play with others that I will put literally almost any excuse... Guess I have no solution.

New neighbours and paper thin walls. Please, I wantes to enjoy the silence.

You still got plenty here willing to play with you.
I think its up to you more than us though.

You could always just have a good headset on, and tell everyone you dont want to talk, so no mic on.

This would at least alleviate one of your concerns.
Seeing as raids are pretty much childs play, little in the way of communication is needed to complete everything, so just point or dance when you want to tell people something.

Daemul

I don't know about that. That new Titan class looks like it could fuck some shit up in the crucible. Also that new warlock subclass has lighting grenades and extended melee range. Plus the super for the arc Warlock looks like it's designed to murder multiple people at the same time while having some mobility, which is something none of the other subclasses have.

They'll be good for wrecking noobs in the Crucible but the good players will dance around that shit all day. Here's the thing, stuff like Lightening grenades only work if you're facing people stupid enough to walk into them or stay in them once you throw it to them, they won't do shit against people who know how to play, and the Sunbreaker and Stormcaller supers, whilst cool looking and perfect for trash mob kills, won't be effective in sweaties where teams don't group up together like idiots and you have people who have experience in avoiding mobile supers.

It's the reason why you never see Gunslingers being used despite the fact that they have a super which can kill someone safely from across the room and explode to kill even more people, that shit just doesn't work when you have people who have mastered the art of teleporting all around you and kill you before you even get a chance to use it, or people chucking a bullshit grenade that burns you for days and kills you whilst they're hiding safely behind a damn wall.

Seriously, there's so much bullshit in this game.

Tecnniqe

Banned
They'll be good for wrecking noobs in the Crucible but the good players will dance around that shit all day. Here's the thing, stuff like Lightening grenades only work if you're facing people stupid enough to walk into them or stay in them once you throw it to them, they won't do shit against people who know how to play, and the Sunbreaker and Stormcaller supers, whilst cool looking and perfect for trash mob kills, won't be effective in sweaties where teams don't group up together like idiots and you have people who have experience in avoiding mobile supers.

It's the reason why you never see Gunslingers being used despite the fact that they have a super which can kill someone safely from across the room and explode to kill even more people, that shit just doesn't work when you have people who have mastered the art of teleporting all around you and kill you before you even get a chance to use it, or people chucking a bullshit grenade that burns you for days and kills you whilst they're hiding safely behind a damn wall.

Seriously, there's so much bullshit in this game.

Actually the only thing i call bullshit is the Bladedancer cause 99% of the people who use it lags
and thats a fact
which makes it super easy for them to clear the entire opposite team if capturing or in rooms close to one another while almost impossible to kill due to shield regen and all that.

GutZ31

Hidden agenda is the best cloak. Awesome description and looks mighty fine with everything.

I like that the new cloaks are more rugged and torn. Don't like those long and perfectly manicured cloaks lol.

They all look the same now imo. I miss the Scarves. At least with TTK they'll have stat bonuses so I'd have left old ones behind anyways.
aoscryptid-cloak.jpg

Still my favorite.

E92 M3

They all look the same now imo. I miss the Scarves. At least with TTK they'll have stat bonuses so I'd have left old ones behind anyways.

The collector's edition items look pretty cool too. Will definitely be using the XP boost in the beginning.

I agree, the long flowing cloaks are a but much. I like my Night Rain. It makes me feel like Laurence of Arabia.

Which one is the night rain?

You still got plenty here willing to play with you.
I think its up to you more than us though.

You could always just have a good headset on, and tell everyone you dont want to talk, so no mic on.

This would at least alleviate one of your concerns.
Seeing as raids are pretty much childs play, little in the way of communication is needed to complete everything, so just point or dance when you want to tell people something.

Thanks. I will try to get one for the next time. Still, time rather sucks for me unless I could add some flexibility to my schedules :( By september it will get even worse...

Top Bottom