• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'll see you in 14 hours, Eva! You better have that damn emblem!

You have a cat named Eva?

wat?

sxf21gU.png

I know Hawkian is out there, laughing at my misery over this emblem. I HOPE XUR DOESN'T SELL EXOTIC HELMET ENGRAM OR THE NIGHTHAWK TOMORROW, HAWKIAN!

You know well who I meant! Though I wouldn't mind visiting Eva Mendes either...

lol, also, I told you to buy that emblem months ago when school of hawk was formed. I said:
Nami, get the hawk emblem and the hawk cloak from the speaker so we can be hawked out for the school of hawe, then will equip our hawkmoons and nighthawks when HoW drops

you were like:
theres a hawk cloak!?!?!

and someone said the about the hawk emblem:

thats a turtle

then there was a page long discussion about the emblem being an eagle or a turtle.

Haybro

I'm still bitter about deleting the OG scarf you start with.

I've been wearing the walkie talkie cloak a lot lately. I think it's actually called unbelievably old cloak.

Namikaze1

lol, also, I told you to buy that emblem months ago when school of hawk was formed. I said:
Nami, get the hawk emblem and the hawk cloak from the speaker so we can be hawked out for the school of hawe, then will equip our hawkmoons and nighthawks when HoW drops

you were like:
theres a hawk cloak!?!?!

and someone said the about the hawk emblem:

thats a turtle

then there was a page long discussion about the emblem being an eagle or a turtle.
I don't recall having this conversation!

Dammit, past me! Why didn't you bought it then?!

Ikkarus

London, maybe Scotland, lakes district
Very nice! Let me know if you want any pointers on places to visit. London is where I'm based but heading to the Peak District on Saturday for a week break. Enjoy the UK though!

P.S. If you go to Scotland try a battered Mars Bar
if you dare

I wish there were more mid-teir players in ToO, lol. I'm completely shut out of that content because of my skill level. Every team I've played is 3 sunsingers with full ToO gear. It's either git gud or git carried. :(

Which I suppose is fine...I guess it's cool that PVP-centric players have something aimed at them. It'd just be nice it weren't such a depressingly steep hill to climb.

Honestly, I think it will be better post 2.0 since everyone won't be forced to get good with Thorn or TLW to have a chance. But one thing I would love for Bungie to enable during Trials is no Supers. Invincible panic mode Titans and self-reviving Warlocks are really unbalanced in a game mode where you only have one life.

They'll be good for wrecking noobs in the Crucible but the good players will dance around that shit all day. Here's the thing, stuff like Lightening grenades only work if you're facing people stupid enough to walk into them or stay in them once you throw it to them, they won't do shit against people who know how to play, and the Sunbreaker and Stormcaller supers, whilst cool looking and perfect for trash mob kills, won't be effective in sweaties where teams don't group up together like idiots and you have people who have experience in avoiding mobile supers.

It's the reason why you never see Gunslingers being used despite the fact that they have a super which can kill someone safely from across the room and explode to kill even more people, that shit just doesn't work when you have people who have mastered the art of teleporting all around you and kill you before you even get a chance to use it, or people chucking a bullshit grenade that burns you for days and kills you whilst they're hiding safely behind a damn wall.

Seriously, there's so much bullshit in this game.

I swear I heard somewhere that blink was getting nerfed to where it takes a second to ready your weapon right after you come out of blink.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Honestly, I think it will be better post 2.0 since everyone won't be forced to get good with Thorn or TLW to have a chance. But one thing I would love for Bungie to enable during Trials is no Supers. Invincible panic mode Titans and self-reviving Warlocks are really unbalanced in a game mode where you only have one life.

You forgot to add super shielded bladedancers that teleport and 1 hit everyone. OP as hell in ToO

Also remove radar.

Deku Tree

Tower Ghost app for Android seems laggy and buggy as hell.

*uninstall*

When I tried it for iOS that's exactly how I felt too.

On the other hand the "Loadouts" app for iOS is too good. It makes transferring your gear around very quick and smooth. Pick a weapon or five weapons, pick a toon, press sent and BOOM your done!

Not sure if they have an Android version or not at this time.

EDIT: http://loadoutsapp.com

Tecnniqe

Banned
This too. All supers are cool with me in every other mode except trials/elimination. I just don't think they belong in a single elimination game type.

My fix for ToO is locked loadouts with dif weapon combos and perhaps dif specs without super enabled.

Thats how you make it competitive.

Everyone on equal ground and skill to the top.
Who am i kidding, shotguns to the top

And to add to it, if you really want it to be about teamwork and communication, remove the damned radar.

I wonder what the BWU will discuss.

Probably a Calendar of Events just like this one for House of Wolves.

• Wednesday, April 22nd - Walking tour of the The Reef, with a live discussion about the upgrade paths for your gear.
  • Wednesday, April 29th - Reveal and live gameplay of Trials of Osiris and its collection of end game gear.
  • Wednesday, May 6th - Reveal and live gameplay of Prison of Elders, a brand new three-player cooperative multiplayer arena.
  • Friday, May 8th - Stay tuned!

There are four Wednesdays left before the Taken King releases. I'd expect 3 streams starting next week and a live action trailer the Friday before.

PSN:vernonhillz here!

It was great jumping on with you to play the Heroic last night! I love that I have found so many friends here that I can just go through my roster and join people who are already doing the content that I need to do.
Thanks for joining! I don't think me and that random would have ever beat it. Idk what he was doing, but his strategy of meleeing Omnigul to death didn't seem to be working.

Feel free to join any time. :)

ocean

Banned
I swear I heard somewhere that blink was getting nerfed to where it takes a second to ready your weapon right after you come out of blink.
Speculation. They did say they're making changes to blink but they haven't said what it will be. In fact if I recall correctly, when they addressed this they said themselves that they didn't know what to make it.

I think Nooblet had the best idea. Currently, Agility only affects the speed and height of your first jump. On all subclasses, the second jump (double/triple/Catapult/Blink/whatever) is unaffected. Blink should be an exception, with current Blink's range requiring a max agility build (which implies low armor), with the amount of distance covered when blinking falling sharply as you lose agility. I just fear this would murder Voidwalkers, as they're bu design the lowest agility / highest recovery class. Another useful change would be slightly increasing the hidden cooldown on the ability so you can't blink that quickly once you fall.

Affecting weapon readiness would be going a little too far I think.

Top Bottom