• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Homeboyd

So I'm lvl 33 now, got an etheric light, and two 42 light armor pieces. My chest and boots are still 36 light.
Best thing to do would be a) wait for Xur and see what Engram / Armor he sells, get this and ascend the other armor piece
b) wait till next reset, do the 32 PoE and buy armor, ascend the remaining one.

Amirite?
Run trials, buy the buffs; only need 3 wins before you get 4 losses. Some gaffers here could carry you with their eyes closed to 3 wins. Bam. 42 light chest.

deoee

You should wait until reset. Xur selling an exotic chest tomorrow won't help since now you'll need to ascend a helmet to replace the exotic you had on.

Oh right right! I forgot the stupid "only one exotic" rule >_>
But I think I have one other 42 light helmet to equip, but I'm not sure atm ^_^

deoee

Run trials, buy the buffs; only need 3 wins before you get 4 losses. Some gaffers here could carry you with their eyes closed to 3 wins. Bam. 42 light chest.

If people are up to it, I'd love to do some pvp action. Never done trials before cause I lack the people :v

Daemul

As a gunslinger im kind of offended. Of the ~4 supers i get every control/clash match i normally get a quad kill in 2 of them and a double or triple kill on the other two. Occasionally i'll die right after popping Golden Gun but its when i'm being reckless. You just gotta know when/where to use it. Like to not fucking challenge an entire team looking at you. Now if i was playing trials i would probably shift to Bladedancer because of the grenade/blink/quickdraw.

Edit: this post may be useless after rereading the beggining of your post lol. You are talking about top players?

Haha yeah, I've been focusing on class usage among the top players in my posts. Gunslingers are really fun to use to regular Crucible, but when you go up against the very best Bladedancer is a much better option.

Tecnniqe

Banned
GI just posted an article about Destiny

... the Necrochasm has been given a massive overhaul and is now fueled by Redbull which has increased its base potential to become the new Thorn.

Leveling is boring, help

Deku Tree

Has anyone ever gotten "The Queen's Web" shader more than once?

I got it opening the big chest after my first Skolas kill but I never got it again afterwards.

E92 M3

Stick needs nerf

FROM THE DESK OF Jon Weisnewski:

Hi Guardians!

We have recently noticed that a large majority of you are using a cue stick to score multiple balls in at once. Unfortunately, we did not intend for it to be used like that. We like everything to be average and not dominate the field. In order to bring it back in line with our vision we've made the following changes:

- Stick will be shortened by 7.54 inches
- Slippery surface will be applied to reduce stability
- Pull table will randomly vibrate to make sure the playing field can't be mastered

As always, we're listening and thanks for playing!

Tecnniqe

Banned

Hi Guardians!

We have recently noticed that a large majority of you are using a cue stick to score multiple balls in at once. Unfortunately, we did not intend for it to be used like that. We like everything to be average and not dominate the field. In order to bring it back in line with our vision we've made the following changes:

- Pull table will randomly vibrate to make sure the playing field can't be mastered

smith.gif

/ded

Has anyone ever gotten "The Queen's Web" shader more than once?

I got it opening the big chest after my first Skolas kill but I never got it again afterwards.

You get that and the emblem on your first clear only

Also if you've bought the queens ship befor completing Skolas you won't get that the first time

Hi Guardians!

- Added Luck in the Stick: One random shot will cause considerable bonus power.

Juraash

Tonight's CE raid has open spots. One of our attendees tonight is a 10 year old, so do try and keep the chat PG-rated please!

Thursday, 8/13/15 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End - Normal - Sign Up Here (4 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

During Crota's End newbie raids, participants are welcome to try out the Sword against Crota if desired, but no one is required to do so. Instructions will follow upon reaching the Crota checkpoint.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 29/31 for running the sword.

Just signed up for this. It's exactly what I was looking for :D

ocean

Banned
Haha yeah, I've been focusing on class usage among the top players in my posts. Gunslingers are really fun to use to regular Crucible, but when you go up against the very best Bladedancer is a much better option.
This is true, but this is despite Golden Gun being the better super. What makes Bladedancers more effective in top level play is QuickDraw, Blink, and Arcbolt having better range than Incendiary. If those classes' supers were flipped and you could have Golden Gun with the aforementioned perks. The class would be grossly, disgustingly OP.

Countering a good Bladedancer is hard. Countering a good GG? Good luck. BD comes ahead regardless but I think it's in spite of the supers.

Serious question: Do people just keep like a text document of links to gifs? If so, can I haz list?

Just use reactiongifs

This is true, but this is despite Golden Gun being the better super. What makes Bladedancers more effective in top level play is QuickDraw, Blink, and Arcbolt having better range than Incendiary. If those classes' supers were flipped and you could have Golden Gun with the aforementioned perks. The class would be grossly, disgustingly OP.

Countering a good Bladedancer is hard. Countering a good GG? Good luck. BD comes ahead regardless but I think it's in spite of the supers.

That fist of panic tho ( ._.) (as a counter to GG)

Tecnniqe

Banned
You just made nami go

triple.gif

GameInformer said:
Necrochasm Patch Notes 2.0:
-Buffed impact
-Fueled by Redbull
-Explosions now trigger on all Precision Kills
-Explosion now cause volatile blast of Redbull that acts like acid on enemy armor for 2.5 sec.
-May cause Wings
-New Exotic Perk;
% on Hit to fire Redbull can that sticks to target and cause a DOF Acid effect over 1.7sec and removes gravity on target.

LTWood12

Deej hasn't posted in a DGAF thread since OT11.

Not everyone here has been very welcoming either...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137856451&postcount=18490

That was right around the time I started posting. That post is pretty rough, but seems no worse than a lot of what you see on Reddit. We're much smaller though, so posts like that make a bigger impact here.

No idea what led up to the 'ill see myself out' btw, but it would be nice for him to post every once in awhile.

E92 M3

Well now I'm upset. I had some and they're gone. I thought they were in my vault but maybe they were on my Warlock when he got deleted. Sigh.

I have that stupid consumable that changes the way you respawn, still.

I never used that, but it disappeared from my inventory.

Top Bottom