• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

If you ever want make yourself feel better take a look at the Bungie forums.

Pretty sure they gave up moderating that place. Doesn't help how terrible the website layout is.

Homeboyd

Pretty sure they gave up moderating that place. Doesn't help how terrible the website layout is.
Yeah I think they figure "who is actually going to see this anyways?" You could give me a quote from someone word for word, their username and the exact date/time and chances are I couldn't find it on that site if you gave me 6 months to look.

You just made nami go

triple.gif
Oh man. I need a source on this.

Yeah I think they figure "who is actually going to see this anyways?" You could give me a quote from someone word for word, their username and the exact date/time and chances are I couldn't find it on that site if you gave me 6 months to look.
Man, I remember the days of Halo 2 over there. Remembering when they interviewed HollywoodHalo Clan(Loved their work).

Now I'm getting sad. Miss those early days.

man, reading the post again, Grave was pretty rough on him. lol

he was a good dude, but kind of a jerk sometimes. When CE first launched he came into help out some gaffers who hadnt done it yet. there were some"DPS" complications we were all level 30 at the time and he was yelling at everybody. I left the group shortly after. he had a bit of a temper.

NeOak

Man, I remember the days of Halo 2 over there. Remembering when they interviewed HollywoodHalo Clan(Loved their work).

Now I'm getting sad. Miss those early days.
Pre Halo Reach Bungie was so different.

I use the emblem they gave for having linked the Halo games to your Bungie account with pride.

Deku Tree

Hey, GAF. Please accept my apologies for the poor choice of words. I'm very sensitive to opinions, and those are never wrong. In my hasty tweeting, I did a poor job of alluding to some inaccuracies I was seeing.

http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Dark-Below-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12442

Posted that to help clear up some misinformation I had detected about how many Exotics one could upgrade each week, in addition to some general confusion regarding the future of your existing Legendary inventory.

My hope is that these systems will provide all players with options to keep up as the player base levels up in The Dark Below.

I wouldn't say Deej is negative towards GAF... he's just not so much of a poster that's all. He mostly stopped posting on Reddit too a while back.

Yeah the Bungie forums can be horrible.

he was a good dude, but kind of a jerk sometimes. When CE first launched he came into help out some gaffers who hadnt done it yet. there were some"DPS" complications we were all level 30 at the time and he was yelling at everybody. I left the group shortly after. he had a bit of a temper.

I'd get banned if I gave my true opinion on that dude.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So from what I have gathered you need to be level 34 or level 31 or something like that before the end of August if you want to get something special from the Taken King Expansion. How easy do you think it would be to do that/how long do you think it would take? I quit Destiny around December because it was just taking too long to get a high enough level to play with friends (lvl 25 here). Really looking forward to light levels going away and getting back to just leveling up normally, can't wait to get back in.

NeOak

So from what I have gathered you need to be level 34 or level 31 or something like that before the end of August if you want to get something special from the Taken King Expansion. How easy do you think it would be to do that/how long do you think it would take? I quit Destiny around December because it was just taking too long to get a high enough level to play with friends (lvl 25 here). Really looking forward to light levels going away and getting back to just leveling up normally, can't wait to get back in.
You can with vendor gear.

Tecnniqe

Banned

About 1-2 weeks depending on playtime from level 0

Deku Tree

It's actually very easy. Doesn't take that long at all.

You can buy level 33 armor in the tower for vanguard or crucible marks once you get to rank 2 with a vendor. Level 33 armor also drops from the level 28 Dragon strikes fairly frequently. You can get level 34 armor from running the level 32 PoE or running ToO and getting five wins.

I started a fresh character on a fresh (wifes) account. I went from level 1-32 in less than a week. And I have kids and a full time job. its not hard.

I'd love to see Trials expand to include Rift. I just really like what I'm seeing from that game type.

Nami I was gonna tell you this morning. Then I forgot.

deoee

It's actually very easy. Doesn't take that long at all.

You can buy level 33 armor in the tower for vanguard or crucible marks once you get to rank 2 with a vendor. Level 33 armor also drops from the level 28 Dragon strikes fairly frequently. You can get level 34 armor from running the level 32 PoE or running ToO and getting five wins.

34 drops from PoE 32? Big chest only or smaller ones too (got no more keys :| <-- is chest farming still the only way?)? I need to do it again then.

I'd love to see Trials expand to include Rift. I just really like what I'm seeing from that game type.

it does look pretty cool, out of the full team game types it looks like is requires the most communication. I bet alot of groups will have a desgnated runner. its almost........ raid like

Namikaze1

T.T

Math why?

I seriously did not know Jump was off this week. Only found out this morning. Oh well, got that shitty Boruto short to read.

Deej hasn't posted in a DGAF thread since OT11.

Not everyone here has been very welcoming either...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137856451&postcount=18490

Those were dark times for Destiny. And the community. People badly wanted updates on the game and the Weekly Updates were all fluff and ad copy. There was a huge disconnect between Bungie and the community, so each week where there weren't any updates just built on the frustration of the past weeks. And then the Game Informer article blew up that weapons couldn't be upgraded and exotics had to be re-leveled and Bungie had no clue how to talk to the community about it.

This wasn't the usual haters gonna hate, never please all the fans kind of thing. Bungie's communication was incredibly dysfunctional. It nearly killed the game for a lot of people. People will always be upset with changes, but those were the days that it felt like Bungie was just ignoring us and when they did talk they were talking right past us, like this statement on upgrades:
&#8220;Does this make all my gear worthless?&#8221;
No! I&#8217;ll be holding onto my Dead Orbit Heavy.
What the hell does that mean? For a while, I genuinely thought that the Weekly Update needed to be retired. Bungie clearly didn't have anything to talk about as it was still figuring things out and he community's expectations of weekly updates were poisoning the well.

What's funny is that in those initial months, when the game was rough and the weekly updates weren't doing the job, Bungie was much more active in the community. Since they've gotten better, they've actually stopped posting just about everywhere.

Deku Tree

34 drops from PoE 32? Big chest only or smaller ones too (got no more keys :| <-- is chest farming still the only way?)? I need to do it again then.

Completing a PoE 32 and opening the small chest in the treasure room gets you a guaranteed armor core. You can use the armor core to buy level 34 (42 light) armor from Variks whenever you want. Variks inventory changes every Tuesday.

radiohead1

Neo Member

32 POE gives you an Armor Core, which you give to Variks for the piece of armor he has that week. No need for a key! Only once per reset, though.

deoee

Completing a PoE 32 and opening the small chest in the treasure room gets you a guaranteed armor core. You can use the armor core to buy level 34 (42 light) armor from Variks whenever you want. Variks inventory changes every Tuesday.

Already did that ^^
I thought there might be some other possibility :(

Top Bottom