• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Thank you so much for the assist sushi! Our first two runs were smooth, then we lost our third and were just wiping to stupid shit in the first Round >_>.

Anyone interested in PoE 32? I still need to run 2 more.
No problem. I'll help you out with 32 as well. Killing time until the Twitch stream is up anyways.

ocean

Banned
If a new thread is created on gaming side to relate just to the TTK launch, it should not have an OT number in it. The 30th OT here (i.e. ~24700 posts from now) should of course be OT30.

Why is everyone skipping 29 for title suggestions? :p
VoG days were dark. 29 is a number that makes the community shudder. Clearing Confluxes without level 30s in the team *nightmare*

Which brings me to an idea. Would it be possible to get together 5 other crazy guardians for a Throwback VoG? As in, let's make it hard again. Let's try to run Heroic at level 29. The Crucible drops a bunch of 26 Light blue armor pieces so it wouldn't be too hard to drop down to the required level. 3 blues and an Exotic = level 30 exactly. Leave a bubble open on one of those blues and bam, level 29.

A loadout of 300 attack weapons just isn't feasible so we'll still be a little better off that we were back in the day with full 365s, not to mention top tier stuff like Gjallarhorn and Fatebringer being in everyone's backpack now. But still.

Let's do VoG as 29s soon! Who would be interested?

Deku Tree

If a new thread is created on gaming side to relate just to the TTK launch, it should not have an OT number in it. The 30th OT here (i.e. ~24700 posts from now) should of course be OT30.

Why is everyone skipping 29 for title suggestions? :p

VoG days were dark. 29 is a number that makes the community shudder. Clearing Confluxes without level 30s in the team *nightmare*

Which brings me to an idea. Would it be possible to get together 5 other crazy guardians for a Throwback VoG? As in, let's make it hard again. Let's try to run Heroic at level 29. The Crucible drops a bunch of 26 Light blue armor pieces so it wouldn't be too hard to drop down to the required level. 3 blues and an Exotic = level 30 exactly. Leave a bubble open on one of those blues and bam, level 29.

A loadout of 300 attack weapons just isn't feasible so we'll still be a little better off that we were back in the day with full 365s, not to mention top tier stuff like Gjallarhorn and Fatebringer being in everyone's backpack now. But still.

Destiny |OT♦29| Forever 29

Gonna need to dust off the ol' Ice Breaker. ;)

Kalamari

Sounds like fun! I was thinking of running VoG sometime deleveled to 26 for funsies.

j-wood

Is there a GAF clan that's joinable? Would love to have a new crew to play with since none of my friends really play anymore

Has Bungie said anything at all about class rebalancing? The subreddit has several good discussions up today about how imbalanced it all is. I just wanted to know if Bungie has even mentioned it.

Absolutely nothing from bungie regarding class balancing. The closest thing is them acknowledging that something needs to be done about Blink.

Also, L-O-fucking-L to the guy in that first thread that said Titan have the best jump. That must be why so many people bitch about Lift+Shotgun people.

Just saw Edge's Destiny covers. Hnnnggg.

They are super nice. Might actually pick up the Hunter one.

EECPzwL.png

ocean

Banned
Gonna need to dust off the ol' Ice Breaker. ;)
Speaking of which I remember saying in like the third OT how Gatekeepers was an excellent way to get glimmer because of the goddamn amount of time spent wiping there if you didn't have some level 30s in the group.

Some guys answer: "if you're not spending all of your glimmer on heavy synth to prevent these wipes, you are the problem. Don't think of VoG as a place to get glimmer"

Times, they have changed :p

Looking to do a couple things:

VoG HM (At Templar)
PoE 32
PoE 34

PSN: ShinigamiFrost

I'm a level 33 warlock if that matters >.> should still be able to pull off lvl 34 PoE.

I'd rather not have Bungie touch the classes because they will just make everything on par with Titans.

Tell me about it.

I actually don't think classes are that unbalanced themselves. But I do feel like Titan exotics fail to deliver more than the other classes.

The Dark Days Are Over.

Today's stream I absolutely, categorically will not watch. I want everything to be a mystery strike / patrol / story related.

Remember the first time playing the Alpha or beta, just taking everything in during Patrol and finding new areas? The mystery and sense of adventure was the best. It wouldn't have been the same seeing it first.

I'll be in hiding today for sure haha

LTWood12

About to try and sell my biggest account of the year today. Wish me luck. Hopefully I'm out of there in time to catch some of the stream.

noomi

The Dark Days Are Over.

Today's stream I absolutely, categorically will not watch. I want everything to be a mystery strike / patrol / story related.

Remember the first time playing the Alpha or beta, just taking everything in during Patrol and finding new areas? The mystery and sense of adventure was the best. It wouldn't have been the same seeing it first.

I'll be in hiding today for sure haha

I'm the opposite, I want every juicy detail I can get. They probably won't be revealing everything anyway, there has to be some sort of sense of mystery :D

ocean

Banned
Let's crack open the Vault of Glass and bring back some memories of how challenging it was, once upon a time. Let's get our worst armor and bring our level down, in true Vanilla fashion to a level 29 wipefest. Time: to be determined, but this weekend?

1. Ocean. The scrubbiest vet in the game.
2. Fig. Her back is strong, and she knows the Vault well...but the Vault knows her.
3. Hawk. This birdman will take a seat in the noob's seat for once and watch hobgoblins Sherpa his dead body into the darkness. A Hawkmoon might cry in the distance.
3. Rodiard. This man's insanity has been proven time and time again - Hawkifying, boarding hypenaughts, and using NLB.
4. Kalamari. I haven't played much with you, but bonds will be forged in the madness.
5. Nami. Your crazy needs no explanation.
6. Rayray. You won't steal my kills here, I won't allow it.

GunnerZ

WooooooooW finally max out the grimore it took a long ass time but the journey is done :D, all I have left to say is RUMBLE COULD GO TO HELL!

Raybunny

Just saw Edge's Destiny covers. Hnnnggg.

Wow, they look sexy. Might purchase that one.

Let's crack open the Vault of Glass and bring back some memories of how challenging it was, once upon a time. Let's get our worst armor and bring our level down, in true Vanilla fashion to a level 29 wipefest. Time: to be determined, but this weekend?

1. Ocean. The scrubbiest vet in the game.
2. Fig. Her back is strong, and she knows the Vault well...but the Vault knows her.
3. Hawk. This birdman will take a seat in the noob's seat for once and watch hobgoblins Sherpa his dead body into the darkness. A Hawkmoon might cry in the distance.
3. Rodiard. This man's insanity has been proven time and time again - Hawkifying, boarding hypenaughts, and using NLB.

For this weekend count me in.

Top Bottom