• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT3| Oh sweet a Legen- wait never mind, it's a rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grisby

I'm just touchy. This is how I feel reading the thread.

214606059_Q2gWR-XL-2.jpg
Woo, that pic brings back memories.

Croc

Banned
On that note.

I'm Ghaleon_EB on PSN (note the tragic underscore). Feel free to hit me up folks, if you are so inclined, I have like, ten friends. :lol

I'm still doing the campaign solo but will dabble in strikes, and will do co-op stuff on the Earth and the Moon since I've completed them.

Lowly level 11, though.

I'll add you. I'm just doing Crucible to get my rep up as well as complete bounties, feel free to join if you're interested. Or if you're ever needing any story mission or Strike help I'll be glad to jump in.

I'm CrocomirePrime

Oscar

I've been stuck on level 20 for 4 days now. Everything I have is rare and fully levelled up. No amount of strikes, bounties, or farming are helping me.

Kinda want to give up at this point.

Dang that sucks. I have no problem hitting 24 by just upgrading lvl 20 rares. After that, I just farm marks for legendary gear so I don't have to rely on RNG.

I've been stuck on level 20 for 4 days now. Everything I have is rare and fully levelled up. No amount of strikes, bounties, or farming are helping me.

Kinda want to give up at this point.

You should be at 24 then. You may have to ditch the rares that you have and equip and level up rares with + light. Have you been dismantling rares without noticing that some have light levels?

That doesn't even make sense. All of those rares must have been on you since level 12.

Nope. Been getting rares worse than the ones I have. Two of them have light on them. My arms and chest. Yet to find a rare set of legs with light. I got my first rare at maybe level 16 or 17.

If anyone can search my profile on bungie.net my PSN is SirMossy. Maybe I'm doing something wrong??

Overdoziz

Banned
So for this exotic bounty I need to kill Xyor, the Unwed which apparently appears if you kill enough minions at the Summoning Pit boss fight. Does anyone know if you have to play at a certain difficulty or not?

I just got the exotic bounty, and I'm leaning toward the bad juju pulse rifle or the thorn hand cannon. Anyone have either of these weapons and can share their impressions or which one they feel is a better pick?

Xater

I just got the exotic bounty, and I'm leaning toward the bad juju pulse rifle or the thorn hand cannon. Anyone have either of these weapons and can share their impressions or which one they feel is a better pick?

I have only heard bad things about the pulse rifle.

So for this exotic bounty I need to kill Xyor, the Unwed which apparently appears if you kill enough minions at the Summoning Pit boss fight. Does anyone know if you have to play at a certain difficulty or not?

You should have a special version of that Strike on that map. Otherwise that dude doesn't appear.

Nope. Been getting rares worse than the ones I have. Two of them have light on them. My arms and chest. Yet to find a rare set of legs with light. I got my first rare at maybe level 16 or 17.

If anyone can search my profile on bungie.net my PSN is SirMossy. Maybe I'm doing something wrong??
I was stuck with some uncommon gloves for the longest time before some +light rares dropped for me. Just keep on the lookout.

Jinjo

Great. 4 legendary engrams in an hour. All ascendant energy or crappy rare loot. The RNGod giveth and it taketh away.

So, is my game bugged, or am I missing something? My vanguard rep at the vendor is stuck at 1440/1500; I'm level 24, been doing strikes and bounties like crazy, but the vanguard never upgrades. Am I doing something wrong?

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Seriously. He's embarrassingly bad. I had difficulty watching his scenes.

You kidding? I wish there were more scenes. In fact, I wish he was an AI companion who just scowled and criticized everything you did as you played. He'd could be a random reward from a legendary engram, with no way to remove him from your party afterward.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I was stuck with some uncommon gloves for the longest time before some +light rares dropped for me. Just keep on the lookout.
You can run a strike from the playlist of your level and get guaranteed gear upon completion. Even by Bungie RNG standards, you'd never go 4 days without coming across anything better than pre 20 equipment. You have to be actively throwing stuff away.

Flo_Evans

I can't just stand there and farm a cave... so boring. Maybe if I got a vita to remote play...

I'd rather roam the map, do missions and bounties, run across public events.

So, is my game bugged, or am I missing something? My vanguard rep at the vendor is stuck at 1440/1500; I'm level 24, been doing strikes and bounties like crazy, but the vanguard never upgrades. Am I doing something wrong?

Are you wearing a Cape or something similar for the other classes? Try reading the description as it's probably converting that rep to a faction.

blackflag

The regular strikes have zero options though - in terms of level or difficulty or modifiers.

Story missions do, but there's no matchmaking. The strike playlist has level ranges and matchmaking but chooses the actual mission at random, I think.

Its just a hodge-podge.

Jesus their system is so terrible that after like 50 hours I still don't understand.

Bollocks

Saw the Shingen-C for my level at the dealer. but did not buy it. Went to do a patrol mission and lo and behold the 3rd enemy drops it. Thank you based Bungie

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Man, this thread moves too fast.

I don't know if this question was asked/responded before, but do we have some kind of database of the best farming spots?

I had tried to check it by reading thought the thread but there are too many posts per second [=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom