• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
OT titles are nice when they can be read months later and tell you something about what was happening in the community at the time. if you read an old title like "HoW come no Raid?" You instantly know what was going on.

If there's a new OT the very same day King's Fall opens and we're in this crazy light hunt, it would be nice to find something which can reflect that spirit of the moment, if you will

So far my fave is Taken, nor Xur'd but maybe there's an idea lurking which better captures this moment.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Really need to know how these new coins work. How many should I pop while in a strike? Do they carry over to the next strike if I don't get an engram after defeating a boss? Does the effect disappear if I die? Questions!

Marvel

could never
Really need to know how these new coins work. How many should I pop while in a strike? Do they carry over to the next strike if I don't get an engram after defeating a boss? Does the effect disappear if I die? Questions!
This I'd like to know also!

Bogeypop

I get the Bond thing but how do the Taken relate to Xur? Don't really get that and I'd prefer something raid related since that's obviously the big hype now.

My computer is obscenely slow. I'll post something crappy soon so people can keep spamming that one about Xur and less about where the new thread is.

In lieu of Bond maybe something Sean Connery related.

|OT 30| The Hunt for Raid Light in Autumn Splendor.
I don't really like it, but can't think of another Hunt for Red October/Destiny pun

Splurged all my ~300 coins and got 8 different helmets, Skyburners Annex being the only new-new one.
Got a lot of dupes of Insurmountable Skullfort and Obsidian mind, unfortunately.
Also, I now regret spending Legendary Marks on a 280 Helm of Saint-14, since I got a 290 from the engrams. Oh well...

Messiek

Splurged all my ~300 coins and got 8 different helmets, Skyburners Annex being the only new-new one.
Got a lot of dupes of Insurmountable Skullfort and Obsidian mind, unfortunately.
Also, I now regret spending Legendary Marks on a 280 Helm of Saint-14, since I got a 290 from the engrams. Oh well...

I spent all my coins too. How are we getting more for next week?

ocean

Banned
A general Destiny tip is doing Nightfall and buying engrams *before* purchasing whatever Xur has on sale to prevent exactly this :p

ocean

Banned
I spent all my coins too. How are we getting more for next week?
I've gotten Coins from:

Engrams
Turning in Bounties from my menu
5 for a Faction rank up
Rewards screen for Crucible / Strike

Overall you should expect to make about as many (if not more) as we used to before except now it's not at a reliable guaranteed pace.

Agent

Engram lottery results:

Helm of Immost Light (x4)
Helm of Saint 14
Empyrean Bellicose
Knucklehead Radar (x2)
The Stag (x2)

I wish smart loot applied to the Cryptarch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom