• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Re: worm scent, if you use the left wall jumping trick which I highly recommend, equip a sword and use R1 (on PS4) when you are level with the "ledge" to lunge onto the ledge. You should jump, turn so you face the wall, and then lunge when you are slightly above the ledge. It takes a bit of practice but once you get it down its pretty easy to get to the scent platform without any of the platform bullshit and you easily make it with 15-20 secs to spare. I am just terrible at the platform parts of the raid, but I managed to get the scent chest last night after 45 mins of practicing it.

I'm sort of losing interest in taken king now. I've cleared the normal raid twice in pugs and don't have much of a desire to do it anymore. Its a great raid but the jump stuff is really my achilles heel and I don't enjoy it, at all. I think I need to spend more time in the PVP maps or something, I loved PVP in vanilla/tdb/HoW but I really dislike it a lot right now in taken king, so far chalking it up to not knowing my way around all the new maps.

spyder_ur

Finally cleared
Oryx
...felt good.

Also absolutely pumped that I got the chance to trade my 20 moldering shards in for...1 moldering shard. I literally cannot believe this is a system in the raid after all the great changes Bungie have made.

Watching that GB group do the first parts of the raid was a lot of fun - did they end up clearing?

Finally cleared
Oryx
...felt good.

Also absolutely pumped that I got the chance to trade my 20 moldering shards in for...1 moldering shard. I literally cannot believe this is a system in the raid after all the great changes Bungie have made.

Watching that GB group do the first parts of the raid was a lot of fun - did they end up clearing?

Yeah they beat it a little bit ago, sounded like it took them a looong time, haha.

You can't trade 20 shards for 1 though, there must have been something else that dropped. You get 2 shards standard from every phase.

Thieves' Den
Sector 618
Bannerfall
Frontier
Pantheon
Vertigo
Memento

There are at least 8 maps in the Rift playlist. Why are the top two worst maps in the game weighted to the point where each day, without fail, they are the first two and only two maps I will ever play Rift on in the daily playlist?

Arrrammis

Okay starting the kill 6 lieutenants on Mars part. This is going to take a while.
Keep in mind that it's just 6 lieutenants, not any champions. Each take area spawns 3 lieutenants, so just kill those and if there's nobody trying to fight the champion, head over to another taken area and kill those lieutenants!

Thieves' Den
Sector 618
Bannerfall
Frontier
Pantheon
Vertigo
Memento

There are at least 8 maps in the Rift playlist. Why are the top two worst maps in the game weighted to the point where each day, without fail, they are the first two and only two maps I will ever play Rift on in the daily playlist?

Black Shield is also on the rift list.

ethomaz

Banned
What I need today...

- Do the daily things
- Kill the rocket yard champion in earth
- Kill more 4 dudes in Crucible with Void Grenades
- Win more 3 Salvage matches
- Kill Oryx

That is all.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
won't let me reply to gutz's message on PSN. "cannot send the message." I'm pretty fucking fed up with psn at this moment

psylah

Is Monte Carlo bugged for anyone else?

The Scout perk is supposed to raise its ammo capacity to 56 but it doesn't work.

I've had bad luck with busted perks.

spyder_ur

Yeah they beat it a little bit ago, sounded like it took them a looong time, haha.

You can't trade 20 shards for 1 though, there must have been something else that dropped. You get 2 shards standard from every phase.

Unless I'm mistaken (and I'm looking at my inventory right now) I got the auto rifle as a drop and only the auto rifle (along with the default stuff like emblem, also to be fair it might have bene two shards). Checked postmaster and everything. No armor. I'm not disappointed with the drops or anything I just think the shard thing is totally silly.

spyder_ur

won't let me reply to gutz's message on PSN. "cannot send the message." I'm pretty fucking fed up with psn at this moment

Took you this long? It stuns me that PSN in incapable of transmitting messages in any kind of a timely manner. Hell half the websites I use can do that.

No argument there, but I'd rather do the safe strat with an inexperienced group than waste wiping time trying the faster strat.

I'm curious to see what different strategies people come up with for other parts of the raid. Definitely want to have an alternate way for final boss, the current strat is repetitive and boring.

I'd rather spend more time to do something fun than less time to do something boring. Ultimately it's up to the newbies. If they really struggle and want a fast clear then switch over, but so far my experience has been it's not hard to pick up. I only need one other competent player.

Personally, I like it.
With the two attention grabber start I felt like I was spending more time shooting the bubbles than I was shooting the boss.
What are your thoughts, DGaf?

If anyone in the pit is spending a single second shooting bubbles then your gazers have failed. When gazer #1 has his attention, gazer #2 should solo the second bubble. It takes one clip from my pulse rifle and two sniper shots to down a bubble. More than enough time to focus on Golgi Apparatus' back and take the gaze with my sniper. By that time Cocoon has proc'ed on my pulse and I use that to shoot the venom orbs. Rinse repeat.

That's actually how I do it when I'm playing with my RL friends most of the time. I can't trust another one to be able to drop and grab by himself so its easier to simplify it. You're right in that it's a go-between and that strat, while theoretically lower dps, doesn't result in that much drop-off though there is some. Less movement and less risk.

Drizzay and SlenderBeans are actually the only other gazers who I've gotten to play the high dps strat with that didn't make me hit my enrage timer, all others bad friends =(.

Most people are geared up enough that any of these strats are viable. Actual clear time is only going to vary by a few minutes so it's not a big deal either way. Personally I enjoy using the optimal strat because it's more engaging. It's really accessible for people that understand the encounter design, but that's easier said than done.

Okay starting the kill 6 lieutenants on Mars part. This is going to take a while.

You can do this is one taken event. It's the elites that spawn the champion you have to kill. Not kill 6 champions.

Wait for the event to happen, kill the 3 elites then once the champion has spawned more elite enemies should appear during the fight. Focus those until you get your 6.

Is Monte Carlo bugged for anyone else?

The Scout perk is supposed to raise its ammo capacity to 56 but it doesn't work.

I've had bad luck with busted perks.

Field Scout no longer increases magazine size, only increases reserve ammo. Basically that perk sucks now.

psylah

Didn't a lot of older perks get nerfed in 2.0? Including Field Scout?

Field Scout no longer increases magazine size, only increases reserve ammo. Basically that perk sucks now.

d2d.png

Unless I'm mistaken (and I'm looking at my inventory right now) I got the auto rifle as a drop and only the auto rifle (along with the default stuff like emblem, also to be fair it might have bene two shards). Checked postmaster and everything. No armor. I'm not disappointed with the drops or anything I just think the shard thing is totally silly.

It could have been for the auto rifle, there has to be something besides 2 shards. Those are standard for every phase, not in the loot pool for consuming mouldering. Every KF weapon and armor can drop from consumed shards, as well as exotic armor (maybe exotic weapons too, not sure).

They were on Oryx for 3 hours.

It wasn't a blind run, right? That's a painfully long time on that fight if you already know what to do.

Rift will continue to be bad even after balancing. Unfortunately the way it's designed it's too often that teams camp each others spawns.

Blows my mind why they won't just make Capture the F'ing Flag. Instead they said "Hey, CTF is great but let's make a bad version of it instead."

Top Bottom