• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

This would have been really really cool if they had let you 100% infuse your best helmet and kept all the stats/perks on it so that you could use this outside of the event.

LTWood12

Luke knows how to bring Zoba back.

ZombieDance.gif

Hell yes I'll pay $10 for this.

shermas

The worst part, so far, is that you have to go see Eva Levante each time you fill up your bag...

Play, fill bag, go to tower, turn in bag, get empty bag, play, fill bag, go to tower, turn in bag, get empty bag, etc, etc, etc

LiK

Yup, they have different themed festivals throughout the year. It's been years since I've last played but I know they had a lunar fest, halloween, christmas, valentines day..etc

Very fun stuff.

Some guys confirmed that you can also get some masks by filling candy bags (you can do this with crucible kills) so you don't even need to spend silver if you don't want to ;)

is this limited to Halloween this week?

noomi

The worst part, so far, is that you have to go see Eva Levante each time you fill up your bag...

Play, fill bag, go to tower, turn in bag, get empty bag, play, fill bag, go to tower, turn in bag, get empty bag, etc, etc, etc

So it's RNG based on whether or not you get a mask by turning in a bag with candy?

Bag with candy... listen to us. What the hell is happening here haha

is this limited to Halloween this week?

Probably, lots of details are just coming in now.

Definity

My 6 year old daughter already thought this was the best dancing game ever...I just told her she can trick or treat in the tower while wearing a halloween mask this week. Her response? "BEST GAME EVER DAD".

darthbob

I just bought 2300 Silver for this Festival of the Lost stuff, and I can't even get to Destiny yet cuz I'm still at work!

I'm part of the microtransaction problem. :(

Klyka

Banned
so masks aren't consumable right? you don't lose them after you wear them.

The rare quality masks will disappear after the event. The legendary ones will be permanent. YOu can use glue to turn a rare into a legendary.

So is there a way to get multiple masks via quests and stuff without spending silver?

Keep filling up your bag of candy via kills and turn it in to get masks and such as rewards.

Toki767

I hope for Thanksgiving they make all the enemies turkeys.

And for Christmas they can let them wear Santa hats or make all of the outdoor places snow.

LiK

The rare quality masks will disappear after the event. The legendary ones will be permanent. YOu can use glue to turn a rare into a legendary.

Keep filling up your bag of candy via kills and turn it in to get masks and such as rewards.

what? glue? dammit Bungie

Klyka

Banned
Salty Engram A savory snack that increases the development of upgradable Primary Weapons for a short time.

Sugary Engram This cunning confection increases the development of upgradable Special Weapons for a short time.

Flight of Shadows Are you a dream of a sleeping god? Or the nightmare of a dead one? Changes the appearance of your respawn for 24 hours.

Tiny Box of Raisins What? Why...?

Paper Scraps Obtained from Mystery bags or by Dismantling a Rare mask, Can be traded to Eva Levante for a new Rare mask.

Paper Glue Obtained from Mystery Bags or by dismantling a Legendary mask. Can be used to upgrade a Rare mask to Legendary.

Fruit Motes These chewy treats generate Glimmer as you fight the Fallen. Don't eat them all at once.

Festival of the Lost Candy A selection of delicious, sweet candies for the Festival of the Lost.

reddit helps

Kyoufu

The funny thing is, I would totally use these masks in raids if they had Light Level on them.

I wouldn't really miss my Saint 14 helm much since I'd just use Ruin Wings instead.

Klyka

Banned
Killing White mobs = 1 Candy

Killing Yellow Bar mobs = 5 Candy

Killing Ultras = 10 Candy

Crucible kills/assists = 4 Candy.

Ghosts which increases glimmer from specific types of enemies give the exact same amount of candy but also glimmer.

again reddit

that Skull mask better be Legendary

put glue on it and it is

shermas

If you dismantle a legendary mask, you get paper scraps and glue, I think... don't know if it's 100%, but I already had a dupe purple drop, so I dismantled one. No legendary marks or anything, just more cosmetic materials.

I think you are guaranteed a rare mask when you turn in a bag of candy.

Jinjo

Are there new dances tho? I'm throwing money at the screen just thinking about it.

Basicly your guardian can dance like Michael Jackson. So bought.

Also I got the ultimate troll mask, the cryptarch. Gonna wear that one every single time someone gets fucked over by an engram lol. And then use shrug emote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom