• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermas

I dislike that this event is pretty much pay-only.

AFAIK you only get one legendary mask and one glue from Eva per account. It's impossible to do the quests unless you spend cold hard cash.

I hate what Destiny is becoming =(

Not true... you can use Rare masks to complete the quests. The legendary masks will just stick around after the event.

GhaleonEB

I'm no development expert, but isn't it a stretch to say they'd be turning anything around that fast?

I've always said that the change to micro transactions and away from larger expansions had nothing to do with actually funding content, it was all about finding the ideal price point. Ideal for Bungie/Activision, not us, of course.

That said, I think anyone saying this little thing is a bad sign for the live team is reading way too much into it. Seems like a fun little thing and something we could've used more in year 1.

What modes are people seeing the new map in? Is it really tight like most of TTK maps?

I think you guys are misinterpreting my post, so to clarify: There was no large patch, and so I assume this came out with one of the earlier patches and was developed with or finished shortly after TTK. My point was we just got a new map as part of an event. I was saying, I hope that kind of thing continues and is a signal of the kind of content we can expect going forward.

This kind of stuff was never in the realm of possibility with year 1. It's pretty neat, as far as indicators of where this could go.

Silvard

Looks like there's no free way to keep more than two masks permanently after the event is over. If you want more than the free legendary and one glue you have to pay, as there appears to be sources of free glue.

Cool idea... and i can appreciate it's not the "core-team" working on this... (and i'm sure you knew where this one was headed) BUT... i would have much rather this effort/time been spent with balancing issues, bugs and more playable content.

BondFancy

Also, finally beat Kings Fall normal, picked up all the fragments. Got chest, pulse rifle, and hand cannons. All and all not bad! Only need 13 more calcified fragments and 30 Hadium flakes and the malice shall be mine!

border

That Thriller emote is the true definition of a proper premium emote. They did animations for every signature move from the Thriller video. When I clicked the preview I thought it was just going to be the Thriller "Roar Turns" that everyone knows But it's (nearly) everything! The hip twitch to the hand wave to the head wobble + slide! The only thing they really left out was the zombie walk part of it, but that's difficult to do without moving the the character forward too much. Bungie is probably going to get 7 well-earned dollars from me.

In some sense, I think the price is almost justifiable since they almost certainly had to license that dance from the choreographer or copyright owner who created it for the Michael Jackson video.

Klyka

Banned
Looks like there's no free way to keep more than two masks permanently after the event is over. If you want more than the free legendary and one glue you have to pay, as there appears to be sources of free glue.

Glue drops from dismantling legendary masks and from mystery bags.

Cool idea... and i can appreciate it's not the "core-team" working on this... (and i'm sure you knew where this one was headed) BUT... i would have much rather this effort/time been spent with balancing issues, bugs and more playable content.

Oh fucking stop it.
The people who made this are not the people who fix bugs etc..
Jesus these posts alwas happen for any game.

UGH fucking idiotic

BahamutPT

I dislike that this event is pretty much pay-only.

AFAIK you only get one legendary mask and one glue from Eva per account. It's impossible to do the quests unless you spend cold hard cash.

I hate what Destiny is becoming =(

You can just do the quests with Rare masks... You can get Rare Masks from farming Candy (killing enemies and guardians in crucible with your mask on) and filling your bag.

spyder_ur

I think you guys are misinterpreting my post, so to clarify: There was no large patch, and so I assume this came out with one of the earlier patches and was developed with or finished shortly after TTK. My point was we just got a new map as part of an event. I was saying, I hope that kind of thing continues and is a signal of the kind of content we can expect going forward.

This kind of stuff was never in the realm of possibility with year 1. It's pretty neat, as far as indicators of where this could go.

Gotcha - mostly agreed. I consider myself very skeptical about the switch to microtransactions, the loss of more formal DLC/expansions, and the consistency of upcoming offerings, but you'd have to be a pretty big cynic to have any issue with what they gave us today, it seems*.

*Haven't actually booted up, stuck at work.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I do surely hope theres nothing big at the end of this questline thats gated for a whole year if missed.

So much to do i wont have time for this.

Namikaze1

So 15 minutes turned into an hour. Yeah...

I'll post some more pics taken from my video soon. Need to do this CoO to finish one of the 3 new quests.

DNAbro

Did i win the mask lottery?

CSQ63SSUwAArj6U.jpg:large

Glue drops from dismantling legendary masks and from mystery bags.

Oh fucking stop it.
The people who made this are not the people who fix bugs etc..
Jesus these posts alwas happen for any game.

UGH fucking idiotic

You did read my post, correct? I'm aware... just simply stating that i'd prefer time spent elsewhere personally. You should probably calm down and jump off the internet message boards for a while before you blow some major artery or something else vitally important. Relax.

spyder_ur

Have I told you guys how much I LOVE being stuck at work when this type of stuff drops. Just full of JOY right now.

Ha, yeah it's been pretty frustrating during TTK if you work normal hours on the East Coast, or anywhere in the US I guess. Would be really nice if some of this happened at any time where I could see it immediately, but I'm sure they have good reasons for unwrapping it the way they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom