• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

I think editing the patch notes to reflect reality is the right thing to do - after acknowledging the mistake and communicating with the player base. The stealth update is a bad idea and just underlines how poor the communication has been lately. No idea why that tweet said all was well, it's clearly not the case.

I don't know why it's so hard for them to admit they messed up. Community respects them so much more instead of this cover-up and revising history crap.

I know it has already been pointed out that the weapon sandbox update that the patch notes themselves link to has not been updated, but for the sheer unadulterated lunacy of this scenario I felt the need to dramatize the experience of someone simply returning to the game today and checking the update news on the official Bungie site to see what had changed before diving back in.

03jssvR.png

Yeah, it's a bad clean up job done in a rush.

Ken

Wait. I thought they just hadnt came out and said anything yet.

I was still hoping they'd say "We made a mistake. Patch notes have been updated in the meantime while we work on a fix."

But they said these were in fact the expected changes? wut.

It's not to late to take it back bungie lol

The only proper way to update patch notes with unintentional changes is to put them under Known Bugs and Issues. You don't go and try to pretend those were the original intended values.

Any tips for getting to S rank?

Take more shortcuts than you think you should.

The left ramp after the big drop on Venice. The right side after the teleport on Venice.

Do tricks any time you can for boost energy.

Learn to take sharp turns with your sideboost.

It's better to miss a gate and go straight, than to hit a gate, and have to correct from a 45 degree turn.

lt519

Surprisingly we're the only ones shitting on Bungie in the gaming side thread. When did Destiny stop being a shit posting hobby for users? What unseated them?

Surprisingly we're the only ones shitting on Bungie in the gaming side thread. When did Destiny stop being a shit posting hobby for users? What unseated them?

There was already that thread today about the microtransactions bug with the sparrow book, so people got their fill/bans already for drive-bys.

Namikaze1

Team Nami - 3
Team Breezy - 0

Now to upload the first race for all of DGAF to see. >:D

I wish I recorded the second race. I ended up dying while in the lead. Thought that was it but nope, no one managed to get past me.

Geez, what a disaster this patch has been. I don't know if Deej is up to the task of smoothing over the bad vibes left by the mistakes, and the general unease over the current strategy for the rest of Year 2.

what in the hell is happening with this game? Year 2 has been an absolute disaster.

I log on now and we are dealing with decimal point changes to patch notes to reflect an obvious mistake?

like what the fuck.

I was one of the biggest Destiny fan boys around too.

Geez, what a disaster this patch has been. I don't know if Deej is up to the task of smoothing over the bad vibes left by the mistakes, and the general unease over the current strategy for the rest of Year 2.

I bet they'll put out the big guns to smooth this over.

I bet we'll hear from Urk tomorrow or something.

The last word is good again.. Hardly a disaster

never liked AR's anyway!

todd360

Wait. When has Deej ever been up to the task of smoothing over bad vibes in destiny?

Strider

Wait. When has Deej ever been up to the task of smoothing over bad vibes in destiny?

rofl. I will admit I don't like Deej.

I can also admit Bungie makes things hard for him though. Way more difficult than it should be...I wouldnt wanna be the person thats expected to address the community right now lol What a mess

LTWood12

How incredibly obtuse that they're waiting until TOMORROW to address this in the BWU. You know, since they can only really talk to us on Thursdays.

lt519

How incredibly obtuse that they're waiting until TOMORROW to address this in the BWU. You know, since they can only really talk to us on Thursdays.

In all fairness I don't think twitter with a character limit is the right way to go to explain the whole situation to everyone. Especially when you have a community manager to handle these things.

That being said that community manager should be forming a response and posting it tonight, even if it is just an apology with no meat, and more to come tomorrow.

Deej requires at least one night's comatose rest on his fluffy soft bed, and one full day of toil and labor to buckle down and consult his grand thesaurus to craft an update with enough extraneous elocution to properly obfuscate whatever well detailed factual information he has been given, as well as properly pad, with inflatable gutter bumper like security, the little bits of inadequate information that he has been so valiantly tasked with defending from your average video game consumer's reading comprehension and understanding.

shermas

Take more shortcuts than you think you should.

The left ramp after the big drop on Venice. The right side after the teleport on Venice.

Do tricks any time you can for boost energy.

Learn to take sharp turns with your sideboost.

It's better to miss a gate and go straight, than to hit a gate, and have to correct from a 45 degree turn.

How do you use emotes during the race? I am noob. I can't get any progress on that bounty.

And what's this sideboost technique?

Really everyone? We all know the community is overreacting. There is no issus about the patch. Everything is working as intended. I am sure bungie will look over the weapons again in ~5 months to release the another new weapons balance patch in time for destiny 2. Relax and buy more emotes.

/s

Any PS4 groups looking to raid interested in bringing along a totally unfamiliar 297 Light warlock with them? I have yet to actually give Kingsfall a try yet.

Deej requires at least one night's comatose rest on his fluffy soft bed, and one full day of toil and labor to buckle down and consult his grand thesaurus to craft an update with enough extraneous elocution to properly obfuscate whatever well detailed factual information he has been given, as well as properly pad, with inflatable gutter bumper like security, the little bits of inadequate information that he has been so valiantly tasked with defending from your average video game consumer's reading comprehension and understanding.

I uhhh.... wat

Let's get a team and boost wins :p

Haven't won a single race in the last hour, leave alone top 3. Dunno what I'm doing wrong, but the top 3 are like 20 seconds ahead, and I don't know why.

I'm down for DGAF boosting ;).

-

Also looking for some people to do NF with

I find it impossible to believe that no one noticed the original update regarding weapon balance from Nov 19th had the wrong numbers.

Tomorrow better have a proper explanation and apology.

I'm close to walking away from Destiny right now. PVP is horrible still, endgame is boring and Sparrow Racing does not even come close to satisfying my desire for new content.

GhaleonEB

Well I had it exactly backward. I assumed the patch notes were right originally, the update was wrong, then the notes were updated accordingly.

I tend to give folks the benefit of the doubt so I'm not going to assert they messed up in the patch and are now burying it. But a 0.04% damage change is really odd. How do you even identify the need for that, much less measure the impact? The stated goals in the patch preview is out of step with a change that small.

Edit: also note he mentioned the changes to the patch notes over an hour ago.

slow_clap.gif

Ken

How do you use emotes during the race? I am noob. I can't get any progress on that bounty.

And what's this sideboost technique?

D-pad, but it seems like emote tricks are restricted to trick sparrows.

Side boost is literally what it sounds like. You have a limited stock of them recharged by doing tricks and passing through gates. You can use them to take corners, make quick lateral changes, or change your angle going into or out of gates, among other things.

Nothus

Does anyone know how many shaders there are to collect through the sparrow racing? I've had 7 different shaders drop for me so far lol. I'm only rank 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom