• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven117

I would love to know how many folks are working on Destiny 2 as compared to TTK..as its pretty obvious that there are not a lot of folks still involved with Destiny TTK.

Im okay with it. Im ready for Destiny 2!

LTWood12

Never forget
vTmtcYG.gif

Afrocious

Who wants to create a gif of the edit.

We waited months for this weapons balance. You cannot defend this. Uncharted beta has been out for a week and has received more game balances in one week than destiny in one year.

This is the damn truth. The updates ND have had make sense as well.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Which has no quantifiable number in game.

If the auto rifle in game is shooting a bullet that does 12dmg (18dmg crit), then a .04% change is still a 12dmg (18dmg crit) bullet.
Yeahhh that'd be the depth of the meaninglessness I'm referring to.

I'm atypically curious here; usually I can't even begin to care about what went wrong or where the blame lies, but this is so flat-out bizarre that I'd love to know who screwed up, at what point in the release it happened and how, and who thought this "fix" (once the original notes were falsified) was a good or even remotely viable idea.

Sky Walker

The best part of the Insignificant buff/nerf for the weapons that i bet that they won't bother themselves to make a fast hotfix. Just wait for month or so lol.

phen0m24

Who wants to create a gif of the edit.

We waited months for this weapons balance. You cannot defend this. Uncharted beta has been out for a week and has received more game balances in one week than destiny in one year.

OT◇38|
Decimal
Places, everyone!

THOSE WERE SOME DIRTY RACES

NAMI PAID OFF THE ENTIRE TEAM TO ROUGH ME UP

It was collusion

Ahhh collision via collusion, eh? ;)

LTWood12

Yeahhh that'd be the depth of the meaninglessness I'm referring to.

I'm atypically curious here; usually I can't even begin to care about what went wrong or where the blame lies, but this is so flat-out bizarre that I'd love to know who screwed up, at what point in the release it happened and how, and who thought this "fix" (once the original notes were falsified) was a good or even remotely viable idea.

It boggles the mind.

There is no way any rational human being would have marketing these numbers a 'december major weapons rebalancing.' I have never seen something like this. I just assumed they'd say 'we'll fix it.' But claiming this is what was intended? Uh.....

GhaleonEB

Bold prediction: this gets a hotfix pretty fast. The original notes are surely what was intended.

Unfortunate and hilarious, particularly for a patch this long in coming.

(I work in finance, decimals are finicky bastards sometimes.)

LTWood12

The 2.0 update brought Auto Rifles back into the competitive PvP space as an option. However, we find they are still occasionally losing to Pulse Rifles at close range. Based on that data, Autos are coming up a tiny bit to help them fulfill their intended role.

You don't write something like this for a buff of .04% If they say this is what was intended I'm 100% positive it's a lie.

Bold prediction: this gets a hotfix pretty fast. The original notes are surely what was intended.

Unfortunate and hilarious, particularly for a patch this long in coming.

(I work in finance, decimals are finicky bastards sometimes.)

It's weird that they would go back and edit the patch notes though. It's like they want to cover up instead of admitting 'We'll hotfix this as soon as possible'.

You have a Bungie designer saying 'no no guys! The changes are live! I assure you!'. It's weird, creepy, and unsettling that Bungie is doing this.

I won all 3 races we had. Came in first in two of them. Third game, I came in fourth while Breezy was last.

I WON THOSE RACES FAIR AND SQUARE. NOW WE KNOW WHO IS BRYAN O'CONNOR AND WHO IS DOMINIC TORETTO! :D

WHAT A COINCIDENCE I START GETTING FIRST AGAIN AFTER YOU LEAVE

COLLUSION

Strider

I just assumed they'd say 'we'll fix it.' But claiming this is what was intended? Uh.....

Wait. I thought they just hadnt came out and said anything yet.

I was still hoping they'd say "We made a mistake. Patch notes have been updated in the meantime while we work on a fix."

But they said these were in fact the expected changes? wut.

It's not to late to take it back bungie lol

E92 M3

LOL instead of admitting to a mistake they edit patch notes and think the community are too stupid to figure out what's going on?

Bungie I have always been a huge supporter, but this beyond embarrassing. What bozo over thought it's ok to purposely lie and edit the patch notes?

Pulses get nerfed like crazy and ARs get buffed by 0.04%?

LMAO

It's weird that they would go back and edit the patch notes though. It's like they want to cover up instead of admitting 'We'll hotfix this as soon as possible'.

You have a Bungie designer saying 'no no guys! The changes are live! I assure you!'. It's weird, creepy, and unsettling that Bungie is doing this.

WHAT A COINCIDENCE I START GETTING FIRST AGAIN AFTER YOU LEAVE

COLLUSION

It's beginning to feel like a "we can't be wrong" mentality. Something they seemed to have totally moved away from during those interviews with Luke and Noseworthy back around E3.

Instead, it feels like catching someone in a lie and having them double down on it.

It's beginning to feel like a "we can't be wrong" mentality. Something they seemed to have totally moved away from during those interviews with Luke and Noseworthy back around E3.

Instead, it feels like catching someone in a lie and having them double down on it.

I said exactly the same before this. They're outright taking the piss out of us

Seeing how much they struggle with counting zeros, I wonder if the SRL racing book was originally supposed to cost $1 and they accidentally "buffed" it to $10.

Rainmaker

Banned
Hahahaha. Wow. I'm done with this until Destiny 2. I don't want to keep playing to get that Hard Mode shader that bad to put up with this team. They make it impossible to defend them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I know it has already been pointed out that the weapon sandbox update that the patch notes themselves link to has not been updated, but for the sheer unadulterated lunacy of this scenario I felt the need to dramatize the experience of someone simply returning to the game today and checking the update news on the official Bungie site to see what had changed before diving back in.

03jssvR.png

Neck and neck to the finish line, trading paint, but I am half a sparrow length ahead when we hit the checkered flag. Second place. What the hell...good to see red barring in SRL works as well as it does in regular crucible.

Neck and neck to the finish line, trading paint, but I am half a sparrow length ahead when we hit the checkered flag. Second place. What the hell...good to see red barring in SRL works as well as it does in regular crucible.

Check @_mantis_ tweets networking issues will effect results, tough luck Guardian

I know it has already been pointed out that the weapon sandbox update that the patch notes themselves link to has not been updated, but for the sheer unadulterated lunacy of this scenario I felt the need to dramatize the experience of someone simply returning to the game today and checking the update news on the official Bungie site to see what had changed before diving back in.

03jssvR.png

Hahah. I didn't even notice when you click on the "in depth" link you get all of the old numbers with the correct % changes. Hahaha. It just gets better and better.

GhaleonEB

I think editing the patch notes to reflect reality is the right thing to do - after acknowledging the mistake and communicating with the player base. The stealth update is a bad idea and just underlines how poor the communication has been lately. No idea why that tweet said all was well, it's clearly not the case.

Check @_mantis_ tweets networking issues will effect results, tough luck Guardian

Honestly, I'm suprised the timer isn't client side and just sent to the host with the final numbers for adjustments.

Like, my stopwatch should be on my machine, no someone 1000 miles away. Then, when I cross the finish line, send that number to the host, and adjust my "place" accordingly.

I think editing the patch notes to reflect reality is the right thing to do - after acknowledging the mistake and communicating with the player base. The stealth update is a bad idea and just underlines how poor the communication has been lately. No idea why that tweet said all was well, it's clearly not the case.

Yeah, and they haven't even updated the sandbox explanations like hawk said either so they had the original values to them.

Incompetence, sneakery...man what a load of weirdness today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom