• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Livestream happened a couple hours ago. Not much of note to share, but here's a pic of Sethos:

FvzxDpu.png

On other pics his Electro vision can be seen. He's rumored to become playable in 4.7. I hope he's not meant to work with Clorinde or something. New banners will be Arle + Lyney and Wanderer + Baizhu. This is already Baizhu's third banner. I've seen some speculation that they want to get him ready for Chronicled Wish ASAP. Would be funny.
Looks different than his leaks, where he looked more like Gorou 2.0. Hope that means that the Pyro archon leaks were also wrong. I also hope this isn't what became of that Sumeru mummy girl. I was looking forward to her. I think she was Geo though, so maybe she still exists somewhere.
I'm most excited for the drip marketing in about ten days. Leakers are still not sure if Sigewinne will release in 4.7, and whether she's a 5-star. They don't usually release new characters in X.8 updates, and it wouldn't make much sense to release two 4-stars in 4.7 (assuming Sethos leaks are true), so my money's on her being a 5-star.
Man I hope she's not 5*. She has always looked/had screen presence of a 4*. It'd be nice to have a more accessible healer that gels with the Fontaine HP fuckery theme that isn't fucking Charlotte. I'm planning on getting a copy of Arle, but outside of her It's just Chlorinde for me in the foreseeable future. I'm most excited for leaks about the new summer event. I have hopes that they'll give us something better than last year. GAA2 (where each character got an island) is still the gold standard, and probably my favorite patch of all time.

*edit*

Looks like Natlan intro quest will be loosely conquistador related...
4ikaf9l892uc1.png

*edit*

Just read through a summary of the Special Program. Man can we get a break from fucking Itto for a while? I get that his Voice Actors do a good job no matter the language, but is he really that loved that we have to have him almost every fucking patch? There are so many under-represented characters in this game, and we keep going back to fucking Itto.

Last edited:

jonnyXx

This may be the best mod I've seen yet. Changes Xiangling's wings into dual fans, and she is even holding onto them while gliding they aren't just floating behind her like wings do.
Also changes her weapon to a dagger+fan combo and during burst she holds fans in each hand and one in her mouth. Pretty cool stuff.

2MjHLcG.gif
xTNIJHS.jpg

Y3oDQI1.jpg
htbWlzO.jpg

Ok Chevruse is ridiculous, talk about erasing enemies. Raiden, Bennett, Chev, Fischl has been absolutely insane. Stacking with Bennett too good to pass up.

Stopped working on Mona and Sucrose to beeline Lisa for that extra bit of damage for Raiden. She’ll replace Fishcl in this team.

I also hope this isn't what became of that Sumeru mummy girl. I was looking forward to her. I think she was Geo though, so maybe she still exists somewhere.
We can only hope.

Man I hope she's not 5*. She has always looked/had screen presence of a 4*. It'd be nice to have a more accessible healer that gels with the Fontaine HP fuckery theme that isn't fucking Charlotte.
It's been over a year since we had a 5-star loli so I'm ready for her to be the one.

I'm most excited for leaks about the new summer event. I have hopes that they'll give us something better than last year. GAA2 (where each character got an island) is still the gold standard, and probably my favorite patch of all time.
Yeah, the Sumeru theme park was kinda disappointing so that has tempered my expectations for the upcoming summer event.

Just read through a summary of the Special Program. Man can we get a break from fucking Itto for a while? I get that his Voice Actors do a good job no matter the language, but is he really that loved that we have to have him almost every fucking patch? There are so many under-represented characters in this game, and we keep going back to fucking Itto.
I guess it's because he's a mostly inoffensive character that doesn't piss people off. But it seems like a lot of Inazuma characters are involved, and Itto is just the trigger for it. I feel like we haven't been to Sumeru in a minute so I would have preferred something there.

Pejo

It's been over a year since we had a 5-star loli so I'm ready for her to be the one.
I wish she was more Melusine looking instead of just a fucking kid with a tail and horns. I am not a fan of kid characters in general, so they could have made it interesting by having her be less human. Wasted opportunity.
Yeah, the Sumeru theme park was kinda disappointing so that has tempered my expectations for the upcoming summer event.
I'm expecting something (extremely censored and 'safe') Carnival themed summer this time, if the leaked Natlan stuff is to be believed. They always seem to have some sort of foreshadowing about the next nation in the summer event.
iu

I guess it's because he's a mostly inoffensive character that doesn't piss people off. But it seems like a lot of Inazuma characters are involved, and Itto is just the trigger for it. I feel like we haven't been to Sumeru in a minute so I would have preferred something there.
Yea my complaint is just that there are so many characters, but they still feature the same ones too much. I've had my fill of Itto/Yae/Xiao/Charlotte for a while.

I did the rest of the cat event in a single sitting tonight. Inoffensive, but I couldn't help but laugh how it reminded me of those JP waifu touching game modes, but HoYo-fied to be as inoffensive and lame as possible. Nice to see Rosaria getting some character development though, that was a surprise.

This whole patch has felt extremely dry to me outside of the potion thing. I've barely been playing.

*edit*

Looks like they're actually putting some decent 4*s on Arle's banner. They must be worried this patch is gonna flop or something.

N6Ltvlz.png

Last edited:
I wish she was more Melusine looking instead of just a fucking kid with a tail and horns. I am not a fan of kid characters in general, so they could have made it interesting by having her be less human. Wasted opportunity.
True. But I doubt we'll ever see different body types in this game. I'll take what I can get. She's gonna be on-field DPS healer with a cool gun. I won't have to run all over the place with her and she'll go in my bloom team. Trust.

I'm expecting something (extremely censored and 'safe') Carnival themed summer this time, if the leaked Natlan stuff is to be believed. They always seem to have some sort of foreshadowing about the next nation in the summer event.
I think you're gonna be massively disappointed. I wouldn't even be surprised if they just re-used the location from last year.

Looks like they're actually putting some decent 4*s on Arle's banner. They must be worried this patch is gonna flop or something.

N6Ltvlz.png
Of course, the one banner I decide to skip gets good characters.

jonnyXx

N6Ltvlz.png
Shit, I'm skipping Arle so I'm going to miss out on Chevreuse again. Was hoping she'd be on Clorinde banner. Also just need 1 more Lynette for C6. Might throw in 20 or maybe 30 pulls and hope for the best.

Pejo

Chlorinde leaks:
-Press E to hold a gun and do stabs

-During E's duration dodge and E all stabs

-Invincibility frames, high damage

-Not restricted to pyro and electro, similar to Neuvillette's A1 talent where she wants 3 levels of electro reactions

-1st constellation 100% follow up attack, able to trigger on every NA

-2nd constellation: IR

jonnyXx

Nice, Dain is back 4.7. It's been so long.

4DhnaBG.jpeg

New Abyss in 4.7!
I'll be very surprised if that 600 primos is additional to the 600 from current Abyss.
TPU15m9.jpeg

Next couple patches are looking good, bunch of new characters, new location, new Dain quest, and new Abyss.

Nice, Dain is back 4.7. It's been so long.

4DhnaBG.jpeg

New Abyss in 4.7!
I'll be very surprised if that 600 primos is additional to the 600 from current Abyss.
TPU15m9.jpeg

Next couple patches are looking good, bunch of new characters, new location, new Dain quest, and new Abyss.
Dain banner when?!?!?!?

InterMusketeer InterMusketeer here's your lizard kid. If I had to guess, I'd say she's gonna be 4*. Maybe not though if she has a signature weapon?

Rt2Eist.jpg
Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

The bubbles sound like they could be cool. If they work like the Hydro Abyss Mage's bubble that can trap smaller enemies, it'd be a fun and unique kit. Sounds too cool to be true though, and the leak doesn't mention that.

Otherwise... I dunno man. Bond of Life is not that appealing to me. Bow is not appealing either. Not sure how she even heals as both her E and Q seem damage/elemental application-based. Makes it seem like she might have a more fun/active play style, but who knows.

Definitely sounds like a 4-star from this description. Maybe that signature bow is the free 4-star weapon we'll get in that version.

There's also another leak for Clorinde, which says her ascension talent gives her crite rate whens consuming Bond of Life. Not sure why they're suddenly going all-in on BoL. I wonder if they'd change their approach if Arle ends up feeling clunky.

Pejo

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

The bubbles sound like they could be cool. If they work like the Hydro Abyss Mage's bubble that can trap smaller enemies, it'd be a fun and unique kit. Sounds too cool to be true though, and the leak doesn't mention that.
To me it sounds like traveler/Neuvi's bubble shit but with bond of life thrown in. I couldn't be less interested.
Otherwise... I dunno man. Bond of Life is not that appealing to me. Bow is not appealing either. Not sure how she even heals as both her E and Q seem damage/elemental application-based. Makes it seem like she might have a more fun/active play style, but who knows.

Definitely sounds like a 4-star from this description. Maybe that signature bow is the free 4-star weapon we'll get in that version.
The more I think about it, the more she seems 5*. 66% HPon her sig, there's no way they'd give that kind of passive on an event weapon even if it's very niche. That seems like too many 5* though. Maybe Chlorinde is gonna be 4*?
There's also another leak for Clorinde, which says her ascension talent gives her crite rate whens consuming Bond of Life. Not sure why they're suddenly going all-in on BoL. I wonder if they'd change their approach if Arle ends up feeling clunky.
Hate Fontaine mechanics so much. Glad Navia escaped somehow.

New 'one and done' web event:

Arlecchino's web event is now available. Take part to obtain Primogems and other rewards! https://hoyo.link/6fRiFBAL

Pejo

Welp...
STJ2ZUi.jpg

Also no signature for Chlorinde in any leaks/to anybody's knowledge.... Ruh roh, she's getting Candace'd.

Pejo

Leaks coming in about 4.8 (summer) patch, supposedly it's a brand new map. No rerun of the "amusement" park, thank god. I hope to hell that Klee is not involved this year, but I know she will be...

The more I think about it, the more she seems 5*. 66% HPon her sig, there's no way they'd give that kind of passive on an event weapon even if it's very niche. That seems like too many 5* though. Maybe Chlorinde is gonna be 4*?
Yeah you're right. The HP stat is so high it has to be a 5-star signature weapon. That pretty much confirms it (if the leak is correct).

Sounds like Sige is gonna be a character similar to Furina, allowing other characters to make use of BoL and giving them access to the new 4.6 artifact set. Too bad the burning set looks like trash, so it will never be very efficient tor farm.

Anway, it's hard to say how valuable that type of support is though. Furina's already so busted that it'd be hard to imagine Sige getting anywhere close. At least BoL seems less annoying than constant health drain, even if only a little.

Clorinde being a 4-star would be... less than optimal. I'll accept it if she's on Sige's banner, but it's wasted potential.
Hate Fontaine mechanics so much. Glad Navia escaped somehow.
Who would've guessed she would end up with the best kit huh?

Leaks coming in about 4.8 (summer) patch, supposedly it's a brand new map. No rerun of the "amusement" park, thank god. I hope to hell that Klee is not involved this year, but I know she will be...
At least that's some good news.

This might be another entire patch cycle that I skip/save. No one is calling out to me right now.

But at least my Raiden has made incremental improvements. Was 59/140, is now 64/140 while farming stuff for Lisa. Of course I funnel all the good shit to Raiden first hahahaha.

Also for anyone who’s built up Chev, I went with HP artifacts across the board and even at +16 I can see she will go way, way over 40,000 HP. What would be the best thing for her after HP? I’ve heard to not use healing bonus circlets but I don’t understand why lol, because that seems like the obvious choice.

Pejo

This might be another entire patch cycle that I skip/save. No one is calling out to me right now.

But at least my Raiden has made incremental improvements. Was 59/140, is now 64/140 while farming stuff for Lisa. Of course I funnel all the good shit to Raiden first hahahaha.

Also for anyone who’s built up Chev, I went with HP artifacts across the board and even at +16 I can see she will go way, way over 40,000 HP. What would be the best thing for her after HP? I’ve heard to not use healing bonus circlets but I don’t understand why lol, because that seems like the obvious choice.
I don't think healing bonus is that bad for pure healers. Problem is that there are very few of them in the game, like Barbara. Usually there's a secondary stat that provides other benefits to the kit other than just healing. Also, until the Fontaine HP horseshit, healing was rarely needed in high amounts and there was no real benefit to having 3000/tick heals vs. 2000/tick. If you're running a team where you need the extra healing, I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with using Healing% hats.

She's capable of dealing decent damage, especially with cons, so ATK% and Crit are valuable stats for her once you hit that HP threshold.

Pejo Pejo i might steal bennetts healing bonus artifact and see how it performs on her

InterMusketeer InterMusketeer i have her at c3, and was initially thinking ER, because the extra bursts would help power up Raidens circle. I’ll have to see what her crit stats look like right now, but I don’t know how much I’d be willing to invest in crit for her since she’s just a support and is already performing her role well. But more attack could be a simple solution. I’ll look into it.

Pejo

Any of you guys rolling Arle? I'm gonna try for just a single copy but the Bond of Life stuff sounds aggressively unfun to me, so not gonna bother for weapon/cons. She'll probably go alongside Hu Tao for me as a wasted 5* that I never use because of a stupid mechanic. Really wish we'd get a straight up Pyro DPS that doesn't have some shortcoming or annoying mechanic you have to work around. Yoi was almost it for me but the fact that her auto attacks miss so damn often really sucks, and she has next to zero AoE.

*edit*

Sethos full model. Not my jam as far as male characters go.
52cOZCe.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

She seems to have a unique sword, so I assume she's a 5-star.
We'll know for sure ~Weds-ish when the 4.6 beta starts I guess. Kinda strange to have 2 new 5*s in a single patch these days, we haven't had that happen in a long time. Better be a major event or some big uptick of currency to help supplement pulls (there won't be).

We'll know for sure ~Weds-ish when the 4.6 beta starts I guess. Kinda strange to have 2 new 5*s in a single patch these days, we haven't had that happen in a long time. Better be a major event or some big uptick of currency to help supplement pulls (there won't be).
I'm guessing they want to revitalize the game a bit before Natlan releases. A lot of people drop the game after the Archon Quest and Lantern Rite are done. It certainly sparks my interest for what would usually be a dead patch.

No Chevreuse on Arle banner.
Beer Drinking GIF by Busch

No Chevreuse on Arle banner. Won't be pulling this banner after all. Still hoping she'll be with Clorinde.
tBho74x.png

She better be a 5 star. No way Sigewinne is a 5 star and Clorinde a 4 star that would be so upsetting.
Other than the new character, that banner seems rough. I’m assuming it will still do well tho. Just not for me lol

Pejo

No Chevreuse on Arle banner. Won't be pulling this banner after all. Still hoping she'll be with Clorinde.
tBho74x.png

She better be a 5 star. No way Sigewinne is a 5 star and Clorinde a 4 star that would be so upsetting.
Those dirty fucking dicks. I get Lynette and shortsboi being on the banner considering the House of the Hearth connection, but Xiangling feels just like "nah that's too many characters people might want".

Ah well, hope I get a Lynette con or two at least and don't just get back to back Freminet/Xianglings. I like Lynette a lot I just haven't found a good team for her yet.
I'm guessing they want to revitalize the game a bit before Natlan releases. A lot of people drop the game after the Archon Quest and Lantern Rite are done. It certainly sparks my interest for what would usually be a dead patch.
I have exactly the same amount of interest in Chlorinde as a solo new character in a patch as I do for both Chlorinde and Sigewinne being new dual characters in a patch. To me it sounds like they want to be done with Fontaine so they're hurrying the last few playables out the door before Natlan starts.

I have exactly the same amount of interest in Chlorinde as a solo new character in a patch as I do for both Chlorinde and Sigewinne being new dual characters in a patch.
For comparison, 3.7 only introduced Kirara on old ass banners everyone skipped. It looks to me like they're trying to keep interest in their game alive with such a packed update. At the very least they can keep online discourse going with three new characters to leak and theory craft.

To me it sounds like they want to be done with Fontaine so they're hurrying the last few playables out the door before Natlan starts.
Another theory I've seen is that MHY didn't plan on making Arle playable at first. Then, when leaks were (purposefully?) spread about Arle dying, they quickly changed plans due to the negative response. Could explain why they have all these characters in their backlog they need to get through.

Pejo

Full Chlorinde kit. Don't fucking ask me what it means, but she's ANOTHER Bond of Life character. You have to click the imgur album to view it all at once or there are arrows if you hover to the right left of the widget.

*edit*

Chlorinde's signature weapon, so she is a 5* at least.
XuVDEUC.jpg

Last edited:

SSfox

Chlorinde is one the best design in a while, and seems to have a real gameplay (unlike Beidou and Yae lol)

Definitely will try to get her, if I'm lucky she will rock mislplitter I think it will be great on her

Lots of early leaks. Abyss is getting another floor/challenge that rewards an additional 200 primos per cycle. Apparently the first 'season' for this challenge will restrict the elements you can use.

Siggy's kit is out there as well. She shoots bubbles that bounce around, damaging enemies and healing all her teammates. Bubbles can also be aimed and charged for more dmg, healing and a stun on smaller enemies. She creates droplets as well that give her BoL, granting her energy when cleared. For her burst, she seems to shoot a giant Hydro laser similar to Neuvillette for a short time. Cooldowns are long and I see no support (apart from healing) to the rest of the team. Sounds like a pretty standard healer with slightly more field-presence and damage. I assume they've heard complaints about off-field characters you never really see.

Clorinde is unsurprisingly complicated. Sounds like you're supposed to lead with her Q to get BoL going, and then she either shoots her gun or does melee attacks depending on the amount of BoL. At least she's a 5-star and DPS. Praise be.

Oh, and there's Sethos. He's an on-field DPS. Saw someone call him Electro Tighnari. I didn't look into it much further.

jonnyXx

Lots of early leaks. Abyss is getting another floor/challenge that rewards an additional 200 primos per cycle. Apparently the first 'season' for this challenge will restrict the elements you can use.
So is this the rumored new Abyss or is this extension of current Abyss something different?

Earlier leaks had mentioned the new Abyss being 8 floors and rewarding 600 primos.

I find it hard to believe we're getting all that.

So is this the rumored new Abyss or is this extension of current Abyss something different?

Earlier leaks had mentioned the new Abyss being 8 floors and rewarding 600 primos.

I find it hard to believe we're getting all that.
Latest info I've found says it's actually a separate endgame challenge, and it's located behind a hidden door in the library in Mondstadt. It might be more rogue-like, with randomly generated stages. The final bosses would be fixed for everyone though. Like I mentioned before, it's supposed to limit the elements you can use, and the game will offer trial characters for those who lack the roster to complete it normally.

Also slight correction: Siggy actually offers a dmg buff to all off-field characters' damage, so she will pair well with Furina, Fischl, Yae etc.

Pejo

I have to say, I surprisingly really like Arle...?

The bond of life thing is completely ignorable. Might change if you fight things where you take a lot of damage and can't heal it back, but she seems like a lot of fun with good flow. I certainly like her 100x more than Hu Tao. Her animations and special effects are super grimdark edgelord awesome, which is a niche of mine. She's got good uptime on pyro, her attacks hit fast and hard, feels like a proper on-fielder. I'm super impressed so far.

BJK

Decided to pull on Arle’s banner, and I got sexy 5* fire lady on my 5th 10-pull.

…by which, of course, I mean Dehya. Probably should have held off until Natlan’s archon, but at least I won’t have to worry about the 50/50.

I am really slacking on friend-leveling new characters. Rotated out Furina (healer) and Navia (flex) for Charlotte & Tighnari from my wandering around / quest party. Still haven’t done anything with Klee, Dehya, and any of the other Fontaine / Sumeru 4*’s (besides Kaveh, who went directly into the Serenitea pot so I could avoid using him). Still rocking Yoimiya & Yae as my semi-permanent questing party: put the pillars out & machine gun down opponents in a hurry.

Pejo

Decided to pull on Arle’s banner, and I got sexy 5* fire lady on my 5th 10-pull.

…by which, of course, I mean Dehya. Probably should have held off until Natlan’s archon, but at least I won’t have to worry about the 50/50.

I am really slacking on friend-leveling new characters. Rotated out Furina (healer) and Navia (flex) for Charlotte & Tighnari from my wandering around / quest party. Still haven’t done anything with Klee, Dehya, and any of the other Fontaine / Sumeru 4*’s (besides Kaveh, who went directly into the Serenitea pot so I could avoid using him). Still rocking Yoimiya & Yae as my semi-permanent questing party: put the pillars out & machine gun down opponents in a hurry.
Don't worry, one of these regions/characters/artifacts/weapons is bound to buff Dehya as a side effect. My copium tells me so.

So I pulled for Arle, what a wild ride. Ended up with C2, won every 50/50. Along the way I finished up Lynette from C3 to C6, 2 cons of Freminet, 1 Kaveh, 1 Heizou, and a random ass Kirara con (she's at C5 now). I haven't pulled since Cloud Retainer so that was a pretty damn fine outcome. Been using Arle's special dash/float thing just running around killing shit and even at level 40 with a level 80 Deathmatch (BP 1.0 spear) and Gladiator 4pc artifacts, she's shitting out just insane damage. I have her paired with Long Zhong Li for now since she gets deleted if she gets hit at 50 levels below the enemies, but after I get her fully built I think she's gonna be great with Layla. Convenient too, I have been looking for a team to use Layla on for a while now. Maybe Arle/Layla/Waterboi/Xiangling sounds good, since I don't currently use any of those characters in another team. We'll see.

Fun fact, Arle's Bond of Life persists even if she's off field and as long as she has BoL active, she retains her Pyro imbue. So it's actually way less punishing than Hu Tao since Hu loses her imbue as soon as she's off field and it ends her skill use if you accidentally swap out of rotation. I'm officially on the Arlecchino train now, choo choo. Damn shame you have to do the new world quest to unlock her material boss though. Hope it unlocks fairly early in the quest chain...

*edit*

je1ztzud2ewc1.png

hanna barbera lol GIF

Last edited:
People seem really satisfied with Arle's performance. Kind of interesting that her BoL and thus her Pyro infusion just lasts for ever, potentially. Goes to show how leaks and rumors just can't really convey what a character's kit is actually like in practice.

Might have pulled if my previous three pulling sessions hadn't gone horribly, but preparing for 4.7 and Natlan is more important for me.

Edit:
More info on the new "end game" mode: It's like those events that force you to use trial characters. The line-up for the first challenge consists of Wanderer, Arlecchino and Clorinde among others. By completing stages, you gain the ability to use other predetermined characters. You also get to borrow a character from a friend's account. If you clear the mode, you get to pick a unique pose for certain characters that can be used in picture mode as a reward.

And there's a catch: Spiral Abyss will only reset once every month.

I see the value in giving people some real combat experience with characters they might not have yet. That's cool. But I don't want to be forced to use their line-up. I also don't see this as a true end game mode because it has nothing to do with my own carefully built characters and teams. Now all of this could be forgiven if it was just an extra mode, but they're cutting back on Abyss to level out the rewards. Unacceptable if true. The pose rewards are interesting because they're a kind of cosmetic, but I never take pictures so these are essentially useless to me.

And to finish things off: The free event weapon for 4.7 will be a bow for Sethos. Wow, it's literally nothing! Apart from the characters (potentially, they could still mess those up too) 4.7 sounds terrible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom