• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Guess I was the only one foolish enough to pull for Chiori. The things I do for Navia...
That's the only reason I've been looking at her to begin with, but she doesn't really seem like all that good of a support for Navia at all... I didn't do a TON of research on her, but I read her skills/talents/constellations and it seems like until you get C1, she only makes a single doll in a team with only her and Navia, since neither of them have constructs. I've been pairing my Navia with Zhongli (I know you don't care for him, but....) he's the perfect partner for Navia so far because you get the shield, you get the construct that shits out crystals, you get the omni-shred, Geo reso, etc. Or you could use Noelle/Ningguang with Prototype Amber to have Geo reso and a healer/extra shards. I was kinda on the "Chiori is a support for Navia" train back when the rumors stated that her Ult gathered enemies into a straight line, which honest to god makes so much sense with the scissor theme and as a support, but nope, they didn't fucking do it in the end.
I was hoping for an early 5-star this time since I felt bad about spending too many resources on a mediocre character, but alas. Got no Doris and the ugly mutt now shits up my account. Thanks Obama. Shouldn't affect my future wishing plans though.
furry party GIF

Can't say I recommend Chiori to everyone, but for my very specific situation she's okay. Geo resonance is just really good for Navia, and I didn't have access to it before without sabotaging the entire team. Navia feels much stronger now and the team is comfier to play, thanks to the additional Geo particles and crystals generated by Chiori. That's about as much as I expected.

I like her design (those stockings are legit) and animations and everything, but because she's an off-fielder you hardly get to see her do anything. With her being so similar to Albedo (with some Keqing mixed in) and of a dead element with only 5 potential (good) teammates and grim future prospects, I wonder why they even decided to release her in this state. She's got to be the least appealing character in a long time.
Definitely got hit with the .5 curse.
They could have increased her damage or given her a strong team-wide buff or something, but instead we get limitations and mediocre performance. I feel like she can't compete with so many other C0 off-fielders like Yelan or Furina. It's baffling. Not quite as bad as Dehya, but still pretty terrible.
What really pissed me off is that they didn't even give her infusion the same length as Keqing, so you could use her as a quick swap Geo DPS if you wanted to build her that way. And none of her cons even fix that by extending the duration... Like they purposely wanted to make sure she was "ok but never good" in several roles.

That's the only reason I've been looking at her to begin with, but she doesn't really seem like all that good of a support for Navia at all...
From what I've read, C0 Chiori without constructs is still best in slot for Navia, barely edging out Albedo. That says more about the Geo element than about her own kit though.

I've been pairing my Navia with Zhongli (I know you don't care for him, but....) he's the perfect partner for Navia so far because you get the shield, you get the construct that shits out crystals, you get the omni-shred, Geo reso, etc.
The theory I've been seeing is that Navia's defensive needs are already taken care of by her crystallize shields, rendering Zhongli's greatest strength somewhat useless. His buffs, damage and Geo application supposedly don't stack up to the damage Albedo and Chiori can provide. But he's still a good budget option.

What really pissed me off is that they didn't even give her infusion the same length as Keqing, so you could use her as a quick swap Geo DPS if you wanted to build her that way. And none of her cons even fix that by extending the duration... Like they purposely wanted to make sure she was "ok but never good" in several roles.
Her normal attacks deal so little damage that the infusion isn't even a factor. Quick swap is something I was hoping for too, but it doesn't seem possible until maybe C6. I'm not sure what they were even going for, but it feels like sabotage.

Pejo

From what I've read, C0 Chiori without constructs is still best in slot for Navia, barely edging out Albedo. That says more about the Geo element than about her own kit though.
Interesting. I woudn't have guessed that based on my time with her in the trial. But to be fair I would never EVER use the team they stuck her with.
The theory I've been seeing is that Navia's defensive needs are already taken care of by her crystallize shields, rendering Zhongli's greatest strength somewhat useless. His buffs, damage and Geo application supposedly don't stack up to the damage Albedo and Chiori can provide. But he's still a good budget option.
I suppose. Maybe from a strict numbers perspective Chiori/Albedo beat out Zhongli, but QoL I don't think anyone will. I use "The Unforged" {5* Geo Claymore I got unlucky with a long time ago} that requires a shield to get most of the good buffs, so not having to depend on crystallize makes her a lot more consistent. And since I build C2 Zhongli with the catch and a bunch of ER, his ult provides petrify CC and shield renew which makes it very easy to line up enemies to hit multiple per Navia's shot. Her team has become my go-to for the Apep weekly boss because I can line up and blast entire waves of those little pod enemies in phase 2 with this strategy. I'm still using Gladiator's artifacts on Navia, so I'm only getting 120-150k shot crits, but that's more than enough to oneshot little enemies and does a nice chunk on the bosses/big guys. I imagine that team will get even better once I give her the signature artifact set.
Her normal attacks deal so little damage that the infusion isn't even a factor. Quick swap is something I was hoping for too, but it doesn't seem possible until maybe C6. I'm not sure what they were even going for, but it feels like sabotage.
Yea, you're right, but you know I like to try to jam characters into roles that they aren't really designed for. I hate spending resources on characters that MHY dictates "you WILL play them this way". It's bullshit and I wish the playerbase wouldn't be so accepting of it when it happens. Like why not give Chiori the Keqing skill treatment. It doesn't hurt anybody or MHY if players decide they want to stack attack stats and try to make her work as a Geo Keqing. But nope, they said "we don't want her to be used like that, sorry losers".

Interesting. I woudn't have guessed that based on my time with her in the trial. But to be fair I would never EVER use the team they stuck her with.
I'm currently using Chiori, Navia, Furina and Charlotte. Works well, but I could really use some Charlotte cons. Mine has 210% ER and it's still not enough...

I suppose. Maybe from a strict numbers perspective Chiori/Albedo beat out Zhongli, but QoL I don't think anyone will. I use "The Unforged" {5* Geo Claymore I got unlucky with a long time ago} that requires a shield to get most of the good buffs, so not having to depend on crystallize makes her a lot more consistent. And since I build C2 Zhongli with the catch and a bunch of ER, his ult provides petrify CC and shield renew which makes it very easy to line up enemies to hit multiple per Navia's shot. Her team has become my go-to for the Apep weekly boss because I can line up and blast entire waves of those little pod enemies in phase 2 with this strategy. I'm still using Gladiator's artifacts on Navia, so I'm only getting 120-150k shot crits, but that's more than enough to oneshot little enemies and does a nice chunk on the bosses/big guys. I imagine that team will get even better once I give her the signature artifact set.
There's always a compromise between comfort, preferences and optimal gameplay. You probably own a claymore that's better than Unforged, but you chose that one anyway because who else is gonna use that thing, right? I gave Cinnabar to Chiori. It's been sitting in the inventory unused and doesn't look awful on her. She actually has some purple details on her dress. But I believe Harbinger of Dawn is better in any non-Furina team. I ain't doing all that though.

So in that same vein, I accept that Chiori at C0 is gonna be sub-optimal because she loses out on the second doll and 30~40% DMG. That's fine though because this game's pretty easy anyway. The question is whether you think that's worth up to 180 wishes. Probably not, but I'm bored, stupid and loaded on primos.

Anyway, I think I'm at 120k shots on mine, so you seem to be doing fine with your setup.

Yea, you're right, but you know I like to try to jam characters into roles that they aren't really designed for. I hate spending resources on characters that MHY dictates "you WILL play them this way". It's bullshit and I wish the playerbase wouldn't be so accepting of it when it happens. Like why not give Chiori the Keqing skill treatment. It doesn't hurt anybody or MHY if players decide they want to stack attack stats and try to make her work as a Geo Keqing. But nope, they said "we don't want her to be used like that, sorry losers".
I mean, maybe you can still do that. I'm not sure. Haven't seen anyone try it. Maybe if you put Yun Jin in the team and some other proper supports... You'd probably need Sac Sword to refresh the duration of her infusion. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's still a positive that they added the infusion to her kit. There's at least a possibility of maybe making it work. If not now then maybe in the future. I wish it was something they had promoted a bit more though.

Pejo

I'm currently using Chiori, Navia, Furina and Charlotte. Works well, but I could really use some Charlotte cons. Mine has 210% ER and it's still not enough...
Man I don't know how you can stand Charlotte, her gameplay felt awful with her long hold time.
There's always a compromise between comfort, preferences and optimal gameplay. You probably own a claymore that's better than Unforged, but you chose that one anyway because who else is gonna use that thing, right? I gave Cinnabar to Chiori. It's been sitting in the inventory unused and doesn't look awful on her. She actually has some purple details on her dress. But I believe Harbinger of Dawn is better in any non-Furina team. I ain't doing all that though.

So in that same vein, I accept that Chiori at C0 is gonna be sub-optimal because she loses out on the second doll and 30~40% DMG. That's fine though because this game's pretty easy anyway. The question is whether you think that's worth up to 180 wishes. Probably not, but I'm bored, stupid and loaded on primos.

Anyway, I think I'm at 120k shots on mine, so you seem to be doing fine with your setup.
Yea you're right in that optimal doesn't matter most of the time anyways. At least using Zhongli on this team feels like I'm doing it for strategic reasons instead of just "i don't want to engage with the game right now".
I mean, maybe you can still do that. I'm not sure. Haven't seen anyone try it. Maybe if you put Yun Jin in the team and some other proper supports... You'd probably need Sac Sword to refresh the duration of her infusion. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's still a positive that they added the infusion to her kit. There's at least a possibility of maybe making it work. If not now then maybe in the future. I wish it was something they had promoted a bit more though.
Not worth enough for me to pull to see if it could be feasible. At 10 seconds of imbue I'd have considered it.

Here's a preview of Arle's scythe effect:
DEGpUZZ.jpeg

Full Arle animation leak:

Last edited:

Pejo

Ohhhh fuck yeaaaaaa..... Some new leaks give me hope that that Pyro Archon leak we saw may not be "it" for the region. Don't want to say anything else outside of spoiler tags.

04swkekrf6oc1.png

Season 3 Please GIF by The Simpsons

*edit*

Also I didn't catch this on a first read, but just noticed that this leak says Signora is getting reincarnated into a teen girl body.

Saber Saber Fake Fake I hate to summon you guys if it ends up being nothing, but I remember at least one of you was a big fan.

Last edited:
Man I don't know how you can stand Charlotte, her gameplay felt awful with her long hold time.
She's terrible. No doubt about it. But I just can't really think of any other burst healer I could use. They need to be PECH to activate Navia's passive. If only her hold skill didn't take as long...

Here's a preview of Arle's scythe effect:

Full Arle animation leak:
Pretty neat. The scythe effect is kinda novel, though it looks somewhat goofy on most polearms. I'm not that into her theming and design, and it's hard to imagine how her kit would work in practice, so I'm not fully convinced. I saw that one of her restrictions is that she can't be healed by outside sources at all, so her entire kit has to compensate for that brutal restriction. It sounds very different, but it's hard to say whether it's fun/worth it.

Ohhhh fuck yeaaaaaa..... Some new leaks give me hope that that Pyro Archon leak we saw may not be "it" for the region. Don't want to say anything else outside of spoiler tags.

04swkekrf6oc1.png
Looks good on paper. My only minor gripe is that the Pyro Dragon Sovereign is once again going to be a dude. Watch them turn him into the premier DPS again... But since we're getting an Electro Dragon waifu instead, I guess I shouldn't complain too much. It's funny how this new region will have essentially 4 Archon tier characters, between multiple incarnations of the Pyro Archon and the Dragons. You can see how they're trying to up the ante with the marketing.

Also I didn't catch this on a first read, but just noticed that this leak says Signora is getting reincarnated into a teen girl body.
Man, this rumor has been circulating for months if not a year by now. I never took it seriously. It just sounds so ridiculous. But they are a major and popular character, so if it lines up with the reincarnation theme, it'd make sense. If this list is true, Natlan is gonna be pretty insane. Maybe I should skip Arle for all the Pyro goodness coming up.

Wow going back to fight the ruin serpent for Shinobu mats really marks how far I’ve come since I first fought it for Yelan months ago. Where it used to take 2-3 mins, I’m killing it now before its first swirl. It never even gets the chance to absorb the energy from the black goo.
Raiden, Yelan, Dendro Traveler, Kokomi just obliterates its life bar.

Pejo

She's terrible. No doubt about it. But I just can't really think of any other burst healer I could use. They need to be PECH to activate Navia's passive. If only her hold skill didn't take as long...
PECH?
Pretty neat. The scythe effect is kinda novel, though it looks somewhat goofy on most polearms. I'm not that into her theming and design, and it's hard to imagine how her kit would work in practice, so I'm not fully convinced. I saw that one of her restrictions is that she can't be healed by outside sources at all, so her entire kit has to compensate for that brutal restriction. It sounds very different, but it's hard to say whether it's fun/worth it.
I'm really into 2edgy4me type designs, so unfortunately they pretty much guaranteed I'll roll for her with these animations, regardless of other stuff about her kit. But yea aesthetically that scythe effect is gonna look weird as fuck on other polearms.
Looks good on paper. My only minor gripe is that the Pyro Dragon Sovereign is once again going to be a dude. Watch them turn him into the premier DPS again...

I have a feeling that's who Xblanque or whatever werid fucking name they gave him is. Lines up with the other rumors we've heard.
But since we're getting an Electro Dragon waifu instead, I guess I shouldn't complain too much. It's funny how this new region will have essentially 4 Archon tier characters, between multiple incarnations of the Pyro Archon and the Dragons. You can see how they're trying to up the ante with the marketing.
Yea, and I think it's a good thing. The Fontaine story felt very passive for us. Like most of the stuff happened or was in motion regardless of the Traveler, and we really didn't do shit in that nation outside of wasting the whale's time for a bit. I thought the story itself was fine but with some bigger names and stakes in the story for Natlan, hopefully it gives us more opportunities to get involved directly. I'm just so glad that the archon clown bullfighter shit isn't the end-all be-all design.
Man, this rumor has been circulating for months if not a year by now. I never took it seriously. It just sounds so ridiculous. But they are a major and popular character, so if it lines up with the reincarnation theme, it'd make sense. If this list is true, Natlan is gonna be pretty insane. Maybe I should skip Arle for all the Pyro goodness coming up.
I'm kinda curious how they'll do her design. Will she look similar but younger, or will she look vastly different?
Wow going back to fight the ruin serpent for Shinobu mats really marks how far I’ve come since I first fought it for Yelan months ago. Where it used to take 2-3 mins, I’m killing it now before its first swirl. It never even gets the chance to absorb the energy from the black goo.
Raiden, Yelan, Dendro Traveler, Kokomi just obliterates its life bar.
It's amazing how much more effective you can be just with some better understanding of mechanics, elemental reactions, and teambuilding.
If rumors were true she's just gonna be an off-field Overload supporter anyways. Something like press 2 buttons then swap to your DPS. Unfortunate, and hopefully it changes by the time she releases.

Pyro, Electro, Cryo, Hydro. Not much in terms of burst healers going on there. I guess there's Barbara... Qiqi didn't work unfortunately.

Yea, and I think it's a good thing. The Fontaine story felt very passive for us. Like most of the stuff happened or was in motion regardless of the Traveler, and we really didn't do shit in that nation outside of wasting the whale's time for a bit. I thought the story itself was fine but with some bigger names and stakes in the story for Natlan, hopefully it gives us more opportunities to get involved directly. I'm just so glad that the archon clown bullfighter shit isn't the end-all be-all design.
I come away with the exact opposite feeling. The more important characters there are, who are all already engaged in their own struggles and stories, the less room there is to insert the Traveler into the narrative. I'm not really sure how to feel about this. I don't really care about the Traveler so I'm not against pushing them aside sometimes, but it goes against everything they've done up 'till now.

I'm kinda curious how they'll do her design. Will she look similar but younger, or will she look vastly different?
I wonder too. It's gonna be difficult for them, because her fans already have the old design anchored in their mind and now they have to come up with something that rivals it. Almost makes me wonder if they're just doing all this so they can nerf her chest.

In other news, here's an outline of update 4.6:
Kzye3i1.jpg

The free Gorou is absolutely disgusting. I feel like we've seen a lot of Itto already lately, so this event seems ill-timed. Is Cyno so popular that he needed a second quest? Strange choice. Sethos is a new furry twink who appears in that quest. There's leaked designs out there if you're interested. He looks stupid so I didn't bother. I'm pissed we didn't get mummy girl or the goth chick first. Arle is obviously a high profile release and we get a new area and stuff, so a pretty decent update overall. The events seem lackluster though.

Pejo

Pyro, Electro, Cryo, Hydro. Not much in terms of burst healers going on there. I guess there's Barbara... Qiqi didn't work unfortunately.
Well you don't particularly need the crystal generation from them with Furina's Hydro application right? There's still a universal ICD on how quickly crystals can be created per enemy no matter how many elements you have. Jean/CR/High constellation Sayu would probably make that team feel a little better to play, despite the swirl stuff not being very useful. Though you're right, there's not really any other use for Charlotte than a non reactive Furina team.
I come away with the exact opposite feeling. The more important characters there are, who are all already engaged in their own struggles and stories, the less room there is to insert the Traveler into the narrative. I'm not really sure how to feel about this. I don't really care about the Traveler so I'm not against pushing them aside sometimes, but it goes against everything they've done up 'till now.
I guess it depends. In Nahida's chapter we got to directly intervene quite a bit opposed to Fontaine (plan against the scholars, punishing Don Sombrero). In Inazuma we were basically the driving force behind the archon quest. It would have been the status quo/Visions would be gone if it wasn't for us. Fontaine we were just sittin' around, taking a staycation in the prison for a while, watching other characters save the day.
I wonder too. It's gonna be difficult for them, because her fans already have the old design anchored in their mind and now they have to come up with something that rivals it. Almost makes me wonder if they're just doing all this so they can nerf her chest.
Regarding your spoiler, it's almost guaranteed that's part of it. They knew they'd get a lot of flak for giving the same character model without it, and Genshin designs have been censor-friendly as fuck for all of Fontaine.
In other news, here's an outline of update 4.6:
Kzye3i1.jpg

The free Gorou is absolutely disgusting. I feel like we've seen a lot of Itto already lately, so this event seems ill-timed. Is Cyno so popular that he needed a second quest? Strange choice. Sethos is a new furry twink who appears in that quest. There's leaked designs out there if you're interested. He looks stupid so I didn't bother. I'm pissed we didn't get mummy girl or the goth chick first. Arle is obviously a high profile release and we get a new area and stuff, so a pretty decent update overall. The events seem lackluster though.
Glad we get a new area because the rest of that patch is filler garbage. I like Cyno and his dad jokes, so I'm not against a 2nd Story quest for him.

Well you don't particularly need the crystal generation from them with Furina's Hydro application right? There's still a universal ICD on how quickly crystals can be created per enemy no matter how many elements you have. Jean/CR/High constellation Sayu would probably make that team feel a little better to play, despite the swirl stuff not being very useful. Though you're right, there's not really any other use for Charlotte than a non reactive Furina team.
It's just for Navia's passive that grants ATK% when you have two PECH characters on the team. I wouldn't even consider Charlotte otherwise. I also gave her Tenacity so she gives another small buff to the team. Ultimately seems like the best role consolidation despite her clunkiness.

I guess it depends. In Nahida's chapter we got to directly intervene quite a bit opposed to Fontaine (plan against the scholars, punishing Don Sombrero). In Inazuma we were basically the driving force behind the archon quest. It would have been the status quo/Visions would be gone if it wasn't for us. Fontaine we were just sittin' around, taking a staycation in the prison for a while, watching other characters save the day.
Anything's possible. But I feel like it would have been pretty easy to involve the Traveler more in Fontaine's story, yet they chose not to. If Natlan has a couple dev darlings they want to focus on, it could happen again. Almost everyone seems to love Fontaine's story so it wouldn't be weird if they continued in this fashion.

Regarding your spoiler, it's almost guaranteed that's part of it. They knew they'd get a lot of flak for giving the same character model without it, and Genshin designs have been censor-friendly as fuck for all of Fontaine.
I wonder for how long they've planned this. Could this be what they intended from the start? Seems far-fetched to me. They did add her to the TCG, so maybe the devs just really like her too, doing the best they can to bring her back. She will certainly be a novel character though.

Pejo

It's just for Navia's passive that grants ATK% when you have two PECH characters on the team. I wouldn't even consider Charlotte otherwise. I also gave her Tenacity so she gives another small buff to the team. Ultimately seems like the best role consolidation despite her clunkiness.
I didn't even know Navia had that passive lol...
Anything's possible. But I feel like it would have been pretty easy to involve the Traveler more in Fontaine's story, yet they chose not to. If Natlan has a couple dev darlings they want to focus on, it could happen again. Almost everyone seems to love Fontaine's story so it wouldn't be weird if they continued in this fashion.
That's true. Guess we'll see. I for one prefer the Traveler being more directly involved. Sumeru was probably my favorite Archon Quest overall still, despite the writing being the best for Fontaine.
I wonder for how long they've planned this. Could this be what they intended from the start? Seems far-fetched to me. They did add her to the TCG, so maybe the devs just really like her too, doing the best they can to bring her back. She will certainly be a novel character though.
I'm assuming like human form Cloud Retainer, it was something they probably jokingly considered until the fanbase proved that it was something they really wanted. The whole Dehya mess really showed me how little foresight and planning can go into Genshin sometimes. I'm sure they have a basic skeleton of how the plot is gonna resolve, but I'm sure these smaller decisions come and go with general fan sentiment and feedback based on what their data tells them will work.

jonnyXx

I've decided to stop playing until they fix the artifact system. Tired of farming for the right artifact, then see Def added to it and then all upgrades go into the wrong attribute.
I don't blame you, it's really frustrating getting fucked over by the artifact system. Artifact farming and leveling is such a terrible experience.

I've decided to stop playing until they fix the artifact system. Tired of farming for the right artifact, then see Def added to it and then all upgrades go into the wrong attribute.
It’s ok to have a dead stat, if the rest of the artifact is good. Things don’t need to be perfect.

I usually find that about 2 weeks of energy will make you a decent set from any domain. That’s 14 days of grinding the same dungeon sure, but it goes very fast. Then I do dailies and log off unless there’s an active event. Playing less helps lol.
It also lets the game know you don’t care about it, and will go elsewhere for entertainment ; )

jonnyXx

But will it help me find my 2 missing chests in the new Liyue region? :messenger_loudly_crying:
Don't think treasure compass lead to hidden chests only those visible in the world, so probably not.
I just stop when I hit 100% for the region. Not crazy dedicated enough to go for every single chest.

Man looking at the mondstat banner and I just can’t see how to justify ever spending on it when you could save for future characters, especially since most of them you can get from blue wishes.

Man looking at the mondstat banner and I just can’t see how to justify ever spending on it when you could save for future characters, especially since most of them you can get from blue wishes.
If one of them happens to be one of your favorites, it's as good an opportunity as any. You might even get another limited 5-star in the process. But yeah, most of these characters are irrelevant and not worth the investment at this point.

Case in point:

Arle can now do an extended dash of some type. Not quite sure what the purpose is. It looks cool though. How can Klee compete with something like that?

jonnyXx

Yea and loosing on that banner doesn't even net you a guarantee on next banner, you just loose.

They should have made it a 50/50 only if you get a early 5 star and a guarantee if you go into soft pity. Then I would consider it.

Well at least it's not as bad as weapon banner I guess.

deanote666

Don't think treasure compass lead to hidden chests only those visible in the world, so probably not.
I just stop when I hit 100% for the region. Not crazy dedicated enough to go for every single chest.
Me with 319 hydro sigils and stuck at level 40 at the fontaine fountain for the last 2 patches...

If one of them happens to be one of your favorites, it's as good an opportunity as any. You might even get another limited 5-star in the process. But yeah, most of these characters are irrelevant and not worth the investment at this point.

Case in point:

Arle can now do an extended dash of some type. Not quite sure what the purpose is. It looks cool though. How can Klee compete with something like that?

awFqe24.jpg

I got chevruse “built” in 4 runs lol just HP artifacts across the board with HP substats, fastest character ever lol
Using maidens beloved on her. Still need to level the artifacts up to 16-20 and get her to 90, I have the mats for the ascension, but books and mora are low. Got the new event weapon to 90r5 though.
Mona and sucrose next.

Edit

This was a great video, and reaffirms the basic outline I already used to begin with. Who knew the math would actually add up. ~2 weeks of farming you can access roughly 70% of a units total power.

Last edited:

Pejo

Well, I was out on vacation the past week, no decent access to the internet for most of it. Catching up on stuff I missed.

I still have level 1 Gladiators/Wandering Troupe artifacts on about half of my characters. Even if you have the "correct" set with the "correct" main stats, I think you'll be pretty good to go outside of Abyss or some of the tryhard battle events. I do admit it'd be nice to have a more direct way to get what you want though, especially for damage carry characters. My Eula is only doing a fraction of her potential because of shitty artifacts, and I'm fully aware of it.

I've been reading they changed her constellations around and are fucking with the Bond of Life mechanic. I hope they just trash it altogether honestly. I'd love a straightforward Pyro that can do cool stuff like this.
Yea the Mondstadt one is pretty rough. The whole banner type sucked (in my opinion) after we found out that it doesn't last an entire patch. It could have been good if it used blue wishes, you kept the fate points, pity was half as high, or any number of small changes, but MHY went maximum greed with it. I might roll the eventual Sumeru version though, depending on who's on there. Wouldn't mind a constellation or 2 for my Dehya/Nilou, but it scares the shit out of me that Tighnari and Don Sombrero will probably be on the banner too.

In Star Rail news I hit 300 regular pulls and selected Bronya. It was between her and Himeko, but it was too hard justifying a place for Himeko in any of my teams, whereas Bronya will really help out my Jingliu team. Then I saw they updated the LCs you can buy from the store, so I was able to get Bronya her LC too, very happy how this turned out. I’m thinking Jingliu, Bronya, Luocha, and Pela/hanya will make a nice team.

Last edited:
I've been reading they changed her constellations around and are fucking with the Bond of Life mechanic. I hope they just trash it altogether honestly. I'd love a straightforward Pyro that can do cool stuff like this.
She just got more huge changes to her kit, but I've got to admit I'm not sure what they mean. Her heal was taken from her E to her Q and there's longer cooldowns that can be reduced with normal attacks or something. People calling her Pyro Alhaitham (I assume you have to juggle stuff in her kit to keep the infusion going.) and saying she's clunky now. The doomposting has truly commenced.

I'm pretty sure I'll skip because that just does not sound appealing to me, not matter her strength.
Kind of debating whether I should try the new banner for Eula. Just for the collection.

Pejo

In Star Rail news I hit 300 regular pulls and selected Bronya. It was between her and Himeko, but it was too hard justifying a place for Himeko in any of my teams, whereas Bronya will really help out my Jingliu team. Then I saw they updated the LCs you can buy from the store, so I was able to get Bronya her LC too, very happy how this turned out. I’m thinking Jingliu, Bronya, Luocha, and Pela/hanya will make a nice team.
I was hoping they would renew that 300 guarantee selector for the anniversary, but no dice. I hit mine a few months ago and it'd be nice if you could select one per year.

She just got more huge changes to her kit, but I've got to admit I'm not sure what they mean. Her heal was taken from her E to her Q and there's longer cooldowns that can be reduced with normal attacks or something. People calling her Pyro Alhaitham (I assume you have to juggle stuff in her kit to keep the infusion going.) and saying she's clunky now. The doomposting has truly commenced.
Navia was clearly an outlier where they left her mechanically straightforward and strong. MHY's usual kit designers must have been on vacation when she released or something so they had the janitor do it, who is obviously better at designing kits. Still, disappointing that they're imposing restrictions, limits, and cooldowns which are universally never fun.
I'm pretty sure I'll skip because that just does not sound appealing to me, not matter her strength.
Kind of debating whether I should try the new banner for Eula. Just for the collection.
I'm pulling one Alre regardless because she looks cool but if they're making her restrictive in gameplay, they can kiss constellations and weapon rolling goodbye.

This is fundamentally where I think they chose incorrectly with their methods of kit design. They shouldn't be looking at it to make every character successful in only ONE niche, they'd be much further ahead by making characters more universally useful so people can roll their favorites and fit them into multiple teams and team types. I don't think there's still many players that don't have suitably strong accounts that would ever need to pull Arle for strength regardless of how good she is. Vape/Melt isn't even top damage anymore since Nahida came on the scene, and Neuvi can solo abyss pretty much indefinitely now with a 4* weapon unless it's got water immune enemies.

It all goes back to Sara Kujou in my mind. That was the splitting point. Until her, at least 4* characters were mostly universal and could work as strong supports in a variety of team types. She was the first one that they made extremely restrictive for no benefit to the player. Need 2nd Bennett? Well here's Sara Kujou with a nice attack buff. BUT ONLY A FEW SECONDS!! Oh you got her to C6? Here, have 60% crit damage buff... BUT ONLY FOR ELECTRO. ISN'T THAT FUN??? AREN'T YOU HAVING FUN??

Pejo

So it looks like Manjuu, the developers of Azur Lane (tiddie waifu gacha game) is throwing their hat in the open world Genshin-like genre with Azur Promillia. Looks like it has high production value, it's only got playable females, and they will likely push the fanservice much further than any Genshin-like to date.

Here's a preview with the teaser trailer into some actual gameplay. Looks pretty fun. They lean into the Pokemon aspect even more than Wuthering Waves did.

Based on my time in the Wuthering Waves beta, I'll likely skip that game and re-route that effort and gametime into this game. Manjuu is a great developer and are really passionate about what they do, like miHoYo used to be before they struck it rich.

Anyways InterMusketeer InterMusketeer - thought you might want to check this out too. Seems up your alley.

It all goes back to Sara Kujou in my mind. That was the splitting point. Until her, at least 4* characters were mostly universal and could work as strong supports in a variety of team types. She was the first one that they made extremely restrictive for no benefit to the player.
Saw a similar argument recently for the new (5-star) weapons. Skyward Atlas summons a little ball that shoots phys damage at enemies. Aquila Favonia damages opponents while pushing them away, and heals the character. Though these weapons might not be amazing, at least their effects are interesting and unique. Nowadays, weapons are just stat sticks with increasingly specific requirements to gain the full benefit.

Guess we'll just have to hope for the janitor to take over again sometime in the future.

Azur's looking good, but I've got to admit I'm hesitant to play another Chinese game.

Pejo

Saw a similar argument recently for the new (5-star) weapons. Skyward Atlas summons a little ball that shoots phys damage at enemies. Aquila Favonia damages opponents while pushing them away, and heals the character. Though these weapons might not be amazing, at least their effects are interesting and unique. Nowadays, weapons are just stat sticks with increasingly specific requirements to gain the full benefit.
Yea 5* weapons quickly became a shitshow that are just there for aesthetics and to finish out the kits of their respective 5* character du jour. I'm 100% convinced that they don't do transmog for weapons because they purposely make the free/easy to obtain ones ugly and the good ones perfectly match up with their respective character. The last time I saw a big mismatch between the 2 was Kazuha and his BiS blue Mondstadt themed sword.
Guess we'll just have to hope for the janitor to take over again sometime in the future.
Probably not gonna change throughout Genshin's life. Best we can hope for are happy accidents once in a while like Navia.
Azur's looking good, but I've got to admit I'm hesitant to play another Chinese game.
Unfortunately with Japan seemingly going DEI focused for the big publishers recently, China and Korea are the 2 last bastions of games innovating on gameplay while not having ugly ass characters or terrible stories. Seems to be lots of money flowing in CN gacha market specifically, everybody chasing that Genshin success. At least they're trying though, instead of just coming up with horseshit like Suicide Squad or that Foamstars S-E game.

There's only a handful of CN devs I truly trust to make something good that resonates with the fans and Manjuu is one of them.

This is the same CN based company that makes stuff like this after all:

In other news, I got invited to the beta for that combined HoYoVerse launcher. It's like a single pane of glass for installing and managing all of the HoYo games. Unsure if it also shares common assets across the various games or it's just a single launcher to cut down on having one for each game. It'd be smart to do asset sharing but that would also fuck with mods so I hope it doesn't.

*edit*

Pretty cool art compilation that a guy drew (click it to zoom in).
64w6d3b1biqc1.jpeg

Last edited:
Been spending some time watching various Genshin content creators and browsing other Genshin forums and… there’s some real weirdos in this community. Like people who won’t pull male characters at all because they aren’t “wifus”, I don’t know, it comes off as super creepy incel vibes when someone is that adamant about it.

Pejo

Well I just finished putting my new PC together. Waiting for the Win10 installation media to finish now then it's time to see if it even POSTs. This part is always the worst part of the build for me because it could be one tiny connector fucking everything up. I'm looking forward to being able to max out Genshin in 4K (hopefully) after this is done. I got a taste of it on my old GPU but the fans took off like a rocket afterwards so I had to bump everything down to 1440p and lower some settings.

It'd be nice if they unlocked the PS5 exclusive fog/cloud effects for us PC peasants.

This will also be the first time I will be playing the game on NVMe, so I'm looking forward to the load time differences.
Been spending some time watching various Genshin content creators and browsing other Genshin forums and… there’s some real weirdos in this community. Like people who won’t pull male characters at all because they aren’t “wifus”, I don’t know, it comes off as super creepy incel vibes when someone is that adamant about it.
For me it's shippers. I think about quitting all HoYo games because of them every once in a while. It's not that I mind that they like to play dating game with the characters, but at least the ones on Reddit are so goddamn annoying and pushy about it. There was that whole thing a few months ago where the Arlecchino mains subreddit banned anyone portraying her in a straight relationship because the mods of the subreddit made a rule that she can only be in a toxic rapey relationship with Furina. The mental illness openly on display for that type of people makes me want to distance myself from the game entirely.

For artifact grinders, this was just a Tuesday.

Saw a vid on YouTube about how Genshin is a "queer" game because people like to ship Beidou with Ningguang, or Kaveh with Alhaitham (something about sharing keys, being roommates is Chinese lingo for gay relationships) and because Zhongli said he took many forms in the past, perhaps even that of a woman. The comments had even wilder theories.

In a way it's quite the accomplishment that people can find so many different things to enjoy in the game. Even if they have to make half of it up. I'm completely fine with people enjoying their head canon, as long as they don't bother me with it.

deanote666

Well I just finished putting my new PC together. Waiting for the Win10 installation media to finish now then it's time to see if it even POSTs. This part is always the worst part of the build for me because it could be one tiny connector fucking everything up. I'm looking forward to being able to max out Genshin in 4K (hopefully) after this is done. I got a taste of it on my old GPU but the fans took off like a rocket afterwards so I had to bump everything down to 1440p and lower some settings.

It'd be nice if they unlocked the PS5 exclusive fog/cloud effects for us PC peasants.

This will also be the first time I will be playing the game on NVMe, so I'm looking forward to the load time differences.
If you got to windows installation, you're probably fine. Only possible things is if your power supply is insufficient or a faulty component (which is very rare).

For me it's shippers. I think about quitting all HoYo games because of them every once in a while. It's not that I mind that they like to play dating game with the characters, but at least the ones on Reddit are so goddamn annoying and pushy about it. There was that whole thing a few months ago where the Arlecchino mains subreddit banned anyone portraying her in a straight relationship because the mods of the subreddit made a rule that she can only be in a toxic rapey relationship with Furina. The mental illness openly on display for that type of people makes me want to distance myself from the game entirely.

For artifact grinders, this was just a Tuesday.
They were banning people who didn’t like their fanfiction? Jfc, that’s the weird shit I’m taking about. Go outside, touch grass, talk to a girl, get some exercise, etc
Fucking weirdos

jonnyXx

Pretty cool art compilation that a guy drew (click it to zoom in).
64w6d3b1biqc1.jpeg
That's awesome, must have taken a real long time.

I went through that recently farming navia's artifacts, 3 double crit pieces that never rolled into crit. But at least 2 of them rolled into ATK% which is better than rolling into a dead stat.
Artifact leveling is s soooo bad and it sucks that there is no system in place to make it less painful. All you can do is suffer through it.

I'm looking forward to being able to max out Genshin in 4K (hopefully) after this is done. I got a taste of it on my old GPU but the fans took off like a rocket afterwards so I had to bump everything down to 1440p and lower some settings.
Nice, I play in 4k on a 55" LG C1 OLED and use the fps unlocker, though it does make my PC get loud but I also use a 7.1 surround setup and that drowns out the PC noise 😁👍.

Its bs that they lock features to certain platforms like 120fps being locked to iphone, controller support on mobile being locked to iphone, the volumetric clouds being locked to PS5, and apparently also higher quality character textures on PS5 only. Total BS.

Pejo

If you got to windows installation, you're probably fine. Only possible things is if your power supply is insufficient or a faulty component (which is very rare).
I was making the USB boot drive on my current PC to use on the new one. It didn't boot sadly, but I think it's because I put the RAM in the wrong channels for dual channel. Hoping that's all it is.

Downside is that the RAM is under the GPU so I gotta take pretty much everything out to get to it. I'm taking a break to chill out for a bit.
Saw a vid on YouTube about how Genshin is a "queer" game because people like to ship Beidou with Ningguang, or Kaveh with Alhaitham (something about sharing keys, being roommates is Chinese lingo for gay relationships) and because Zhongli said he took many forms in the past, perhaps even that of a woman. The comments had even wilder theories.
Star Rail has shippers that put 2 women together that haven't even met each other in the game. I guess some Japanese magazine had them rated as the highest/most popular ship in the entire game. You can't make sense of any of it. Like I said, I don't give a shit about it if they want to do it, but it's just when it becomes the whole conversation or like you said they try to gaslight that the game itself is "a LGBTQ game" because of their fanfiction, it annoys me.
They were banning people who didn’t like their fanfiction? Jfc, that’s the weird shit I’m taking about. Go outside, touch grass, talk to a girl, get some exercise, etc
Fucking weirdos
I'm pretty sure the mods were all women or "women". But yea, I agree. Even the other main subreddits were dunking on how stupid it was, as ironic as that is.
That's awesome, must have taken a real long time.
Yea he had been doing it for a few months I think, I saw a few of the individual posts as he was making them before it turned into a big collection.
Nice, I play in 4k on a 55" LG C1 OLED and use the fps unlocker, though it does make my PC get loud but I also use a 7.1 surround setup and that drowns out the PC noise 😁👍.
Yea I was always a little jealous when you posted your screenshots in here, while I was sitting here looking at my jaggies. This is my first new PC in like 5+ years though, so it was time. 4070 Ti Super and 7800X3D.
Its bs that they lock features to certain platforms like 120fps being locked to iphone, controller support on mobile being locked to iphone, the volumetric clouds being locked to PS5, and apparently also higher quality character textures on PS5 only. Total BS.
Yea, at least PC has mods to fix some of that, but the volumetric clouds doesn't even have a mod, that I found at least. It also annoyed me that no modern day devs make the ability to run native fullscreen anymore.

The texture thing is available on PC, my friend had to disable it though because it fucked with some mods. It was barely noticeable in motion anyways, just stuff like adding polygons to certain character models. The best example I saw was Kirara's tail being less of a hexagon and more rounded. Not worth it.

I am worried with this new combined HoYo launcher that they're gonna share common assets like ground textures, npc animations, etc. Could really screw up mods and make it hard to keep updating them.

Top Bottom