• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

HMD

Rumble is such bullshit, twice in a row I had the highest K/D and the most kills, yet I still end up losing in the second place! Is there some hidden objective I'm unaware of?

It does the highest damage per shot of any gun in the game against anything with a crit spot. Single-target damage is higher than Gjallarhorn...except you actually have to aim it. And by the time you're aiming you might as well use a Sniper Rifle, which does less damage per bullet but has higher DPS because of the RoF.

It's not a bad Exotic, but it doesn't fill that "use whenever wherever" versatility Horn had due to the whole needing to aim it thing.

For PvE it is great imo. It melts bosses, as long as you're accurate. I even got a triple kill with it in crucible lol.

E92 M3

Tried out Sleeper Simulant.

50smh.gif

In the Vault you go.

I have mines at 320 and it saved the day many times ;).

Frenden

Banned
At least we always have the weekly update on Thursday. How else will we know what fan videos to watch?

OOF. Burn so hot it melts steel beams.

4 months tho??

So lame need something

Destiny 2 will be exactly the same except Sparrow Racing will be included this time as a mode lol JK

Don't put that SRL IRL hoodoo on me.

I've accepted that they won't show anything else till Destiny 2. Thank god for Battlefront and BLOPS 3.

I expect the same.

Daemul

Xbox tourney is dumb and full of drama
It wouldn't be a tourney without drama. Yesterday we had Couchgate and today we had Extremizimgate.

This fucking mess with the tourney right now perfectly captures the joke that is Destiny PvP.

It's all because of my fellow Brit. When I heard that Extremizim was going to be playing in today's tourney I was shocked, I knew the dude had school tomorrow and that these tourneys tend to finish very late our time(it's 4am right now), so I wondered what the fuck he was going to do if his team made it to the latter stages, turns out that he just bailed on his team and screwed them over lol. This fucking boy, not surprised at all that he would be the cause of drama, we Brits sure love causing drama.

Deku Tree

I've heard Krafty state this but when you compare ELO for trials it doesn't support that argument.
Murdaro on PS4 has an ELO score of 3038 that's about 400 points higher than anyone else on PS4 or Xbox.

hard to tell. The ps4 players would have to play on xbox also for it to be a fair comparison.

The 2/3 of the team that won the Xbox tournament lost 4-0 to the team that one the PS4 tournament. All I'm saying is after that it's hard to say that "the best sweaty players are on Xbox" as a lot of people like to say.

reKon

Banned
PSN should be fine as far as I know. I just logged in a few minutes ago with no problem.

Just started a card now but down to help w another if you're still looking when we're done.

No worries, I'll be around awhile yet tonight. Either doing Trials or PC gaming probably.

Milkham and I are ready if you're still up for it.

Anyone else want to join us on the King's Fall raid on PSN?

My PSN: mdmola

Daemul

The 2/3 of the team that won the Xbox tournament lost 4-0 to the team that one the PS4 tournament. All I'm saying is after that it's hard to say that "the best sweaty players are on Xbox" as a lot of people like to say.
Those same guys beat BSK the previous two times they faced them in a tourney on PS4, so its really not as simple as that.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
LFG came through for me big time today. Did Oryx CM x 3 in less than 3 hours. Groups were actually competent. What is going on?

2real4tv

Murdaro on PS4 has an ELO score of 3038 that's about 400 points higher than anyone else on PS4 or Xbox.

Yes I know Krafty states the best players are on xbox.

Daemul

I've heard Krafty state this but when you compare ELO for trials it doesn't support that argument.

This isn't directly related to your post, but I don't understand why there's this sudden obsession with ELO from some people. That shit is from a third party site and isn't tracked by Bungie at all, it's as a reliable indicator of skill as DestinyTrackers DTR Score, i.e. not at all. Just looking at some of the names with high ELO rankings on some of the Xbox playlists makes me chuckle, I know many of these people and play with some them, and I can say with 100% certainly that they have no business being so damn high.

The Skirmish ranking especially is making me lol

ocean

Banned

ELO scores at the very highest end are impossible to compare against pools of players who can't match each other. Having one person tower over the rest just means he's significantly better than the rest in his pool, but can't be used as a reference to compare skill against players in a different pool.

EL CUCO

Those same guys beat BSK the previous two times they faced them in a tourney on PS4, so its really not as simple as that.
Umm..Posh, Srabh, and WYL lost to OTF, Anbu, and Sir D. in the last Armdaygaming PS4 tourney (in the semi finals) a couple weeks ago. Js

my friend just purchased a PS4 from another friend. Taken King is already installed but his account has never played it.

can I still refer a friend with him?

Milkham and I are ready if you're still up for it.

Anyone else want to join us on the King's Fall raid on PSN?

My PSN: mdmola

I'm still up for it now if anybody else is around. Doesn't seem like there's a ton of interest sadly.

Anybody else to want to help w NM KF run? Assuming reKon is still around.

my friend just purchased a PS4 from another friend. Taken King is already installed but his account has never played it.

can I still refer a friend with him?

Pretty sure you can. I think it's 7 days from when you first play it.

Daemul

Umm..Posh, Srabh, and WYL lost to OTF, Anbu, and Sir D. in the last Armdaygaming PS4 tourney (in the semi finals) a couple weeks ago. Js

Which tourney was that? I must have missed it, and lol at WYL. The dude is good, real good, but his ego leads to problems for his teammates in tourneys like these, he gets salty real easy if things don't go his way, there's a reason you rarely see him in these things. Anyway, that tourney I missed wasn't the I was talking about, there were recent tourneys where Posh and Geb played and beat BSK.

I still have no idea why BSK haven't come to Xbox, we don't bite, and we've got ever trustworthy Brits who bail on their teammates when they're in the latter stages of a tourney. Kappa. I'm going to be laughing at this drama for a long time, can't believe it was one of my own at fault for it.

Which tourney was that? I must have missed it, and lol at WYL. The dude is good, real good, but his ego leads to problems for his teammates in tourneys like these, he gets salty real easy if things don't go his way, there's a reason you rarely see him in these things. Anyway, that tourney I missed wasn't the I was talking about, there were recent tourneys where Posh and Geb played and beat OTF.

I still have no idea why OTF haven't come to Xbox, we don't bite, and we've got ever trustworthy Brits who bail on their teammates when they're in the latter stages of a tourney. Kappa. I'm going to be laughing at this drama for a long time, can't believe it was one of my own at fault for it.

Last weekend there was an Armsday tourney on PS4 where Wish and the Boners lost to the PS4 folk. Xbox won the first game, had the lead in the second, but then PS4 team held top on Thieve's Den and Wish went on major tilt bitching about it. Xbox lost that game then lost deciding 3rd game on Burning Shrine with Wish going way negative, tilted off a cliff.

Other people are getting carried to Mercury. Can I get hooked up?
Tired of doing it "just for bounties" or in LFG with people without mics. I've got a crew on Xbox, but no solid team over here. Know maps, mechanics etc.

Well, if you get help, that would be awesome if it happens, otherwise another time. I'll be on in a bit for a while tonight if so.

Managed to finish one run tonight but no helpers around as per usual. Maybe tomorrow but probably not. I'm down to play some games tomorrow, I'll try my best.

Edit: Wooow. Krafty just got a $1000 donation for carrying some kid to Mercury without cursing, lol.

Today's tourney was a disappointment. Not only did you have the extreme issue where he left. Then his teammate tom decided not to play in the finals without him. After playing in the semifinals without him. Then after poshy had already played a game with the semifinal losing team. Tom decided to play. Seriously?

It was at that point the tournament organizer was called in when he should have been called in to begin with and poshy should not have been making his own rulings on the matter.

Sucked all the excitement out of watching the finals. I dont know who won becuase it was at that point i lost intetest.

I would love to see destiny being played competitively and taken serious in that regard. But i could see an outsider watching that and thinking.. what a bunch of babies

LTWood12

It's a real POS. my Hung Jury does higher damage on non crit hits. It's a joke and only 7 shots. Exotics aren't worth anything.

It's fantastic when used as intended. Always have mine equipped for Oryx unless I'm one of the two in the middle. from my pillar I put one shot in ogre before the middle guys are shooting and get them to half health. Also a great insurance policy for getting the shade down asap if time is running out, and at 320, I can nearly stagger oryx on its own in one shot.

GRIP

Yes I know Krafty states the best players are on xbox.

Kind of a late response to this, but wanted to mention that every time I've heard him say this, he was always being really sarcastic. Last time I was in his stream and someone asked him, his response was something like, "Dude, everyone knows the sweatiest of the sweatiest play on xbox. Which is why I play on ps4, because I suck. xbox his so sweaty that everyone has 1 kdrs because literally no one is better than anyone else".

Not a direct quote, but not far off either. So yeah, just saying that I don't think krafty has much of an opinion on the matter.

GutZ31

Today's tourney was a disappointment. Not only did you have the extreme issue where he left. Then his teammate tom decided not to play in the finals without him. After playing in the semifinals without him. Then after poshy had already played a game with the semifinal losing team. Tom decided to play. Seriously?

It was at that point the tournament organizer was called in when he should have been called in to begin with and poshy should not have been making his own rulings on the matter.

Sucked all the excitement out of watching the finals. I dont know who won becuase it was at that point i lost intetest.

I would love to see destiny being played competitively and taken serious in that regard. But i could see an outsider watching that and thinking.. what a bunch of babies
Things to improve Destiny PvP.

1. Matchmaking should above all else favor ping, with minor favoritism to geological location.
2. Current "non-endgame" PvP content should stay with the current hybrid server/host system.
3. Endgame PvP content should be server hosted entirely, with a secondary "client side" host in case of dropped payers, switching to client side until stability can be assured/a new player can connect. This could mean a pause in the game until a player fills the empty spot.
4. Custom game modes, allowing unranked/no exp gain play on any map currently unlocked to all players. Allow for gun locking, primary's/secondary's/heavy's only. Pick ammo timer rates. Change gravity. Change super charge rate. Yes/No Weapons. No abilities/super charged abilities. Etc...
5. Map vote/skipping before a new game continues.
6. (Directed at Destiny as a whole)Loot needs to be interesting again, with unique perks that make you question "and this isn't even an exotic?".

2/3 is a huge difference. I know WYL is great and all, but 1 different person/style can be all the difference.

And on my same note, Destiny plays a little different on each especially with the controllers. A true test in this instance would have to be done on both xbox and ps4 due to those discrepancies, considering one is an Xbox crew and another is a ps4 crew.

Also not sure if they have the exact same loadouts with 100% int/disc/str builds and speed reloads and whatnot as they do on their home system.

Regardless, I'm not arguing one side is better than the other. I know there are great sweaty players on both sides. I'm just saying 2/3 of the Xbox Champs losing to ps4 Champs means very little without doing the whole test. (3/3 needs to face the same 3 on both platforms for a real good test).

9 out of 10 scenarios, Black Spindle out DPS'es the Sleeper.

Yeah, that's the main issue especially in the raid. Spindle is clearly best in slot exotic for Warpriest and Golgi, ToM is clearly best for Daughters and Oryx. Sleeper is fun as a sub-optimal change of pace since the raid is so firmly farm status.

Nowadays teams can easily get away with only the Titans running ToM, it's pretty optional for everyone else. Staggering Doxology is a joke these days especially with Weapons of Light in the middle.

Sleeper will never compare to GHorn not because of relative damage but because you have to aim and charge Sleeper. That charge time is a killer; the mobility afforded by Horn's tracking + Wolfpack tracking + hidden proximity detonation was a huge part of its appeal.

Yeah, I made a huge mistake reinstalling this, watching the PS4 tournament reignited my interest in giving PvP another chance but the ridiculous lag makes it pretty much unplayable.

Back to the backlog I go I guess. When there is some worthwhile PvE content I'll come crawling back.

Yeah, I made a huge mistake reinstalling this, watching the PS4 tournament reignited my interest in giving PvP another chance but the ridiculous lag makes it pretty much unplayable.

Back to the backlog I go I guess. When there is some worthwhile PvE content I'll come crawling back.
Yeah the PS4 tourney was pretty enjoyable. I've been playing some games since I don't feel like playing Trials on Memento. The only map I hate worse is fucking Sector 618. Horrendous map design.

This game is a blast when playing with friends -- especially on Strikes. How do I procure a new ship guys??

Go to the shipwright, Amanda Holliday. She's up the stairs, opposite from Dead Orbit vendor.

Legendary ships can only be obtained as random drops from activities like raid boss kills, iron banner, faction rewards, etc.

Top Bottom