• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

rQGEaka.png

NOT HELPING

They revealed......
nothing

embalm

Pulled a Twilight Garrison last night. Now I need Xur's Glass Needles so I can get a better roll on it.

Speaking of Armor Perks, what do you guys prefer?
  • Arc/Solar/Void Recovery - Increased Recovery for 5 seconds after taking Arc/Solar/Void splash damage. (Anyone now how much faster)
  • Arc/Solar/Void Burn Defense - Reduces incoming Arc/Solar/Void Burn damage. (I read that this only works on DoT)
  • Arc/Solar/Void Armor - Increased Armor when using a Arc/Solar/Void-based subclass. (I read this is equal to +3 armor)

Pulled a Twilight Garrison last night. Now I need Xur's Glass Needles so I can get a better roll on it.

• Arc/Solar/Void Recovery - Increased Recovery for 5 seconds after taking Arc/Solar/Void splash damage. (Anyone now how much faster)
  • Arc/Solar/Void Burn Defense - Reduces incoming Arc/Solar/Void Burn damage. (I read that this only works on DoT)
  • Arc/Solar/Void Armor - Increased Armor when using a Arc/Solar/Void-based subclass. (I read this is equal to +3 armor)

I exclusively use the armor perks.

Why would I not, when the Armor perk is active 100% of the time, while the others requires specific contextual scenarios.

phen0m24

What do the glass needles change? Mine is Dis/Str and I never even thought about that.

Trakan

I exclusively use the armor perks.

Why would I not, when the Armor perk is active 100% of the time, while the others requires specific contextual scenarios.

Use the armor perk in PVP, but for NFs as far as I know Burn Defense decreases the damage from 3x to 2x.

What do the glass needles change? Mine is Dis/Str and I never even thought about that.

Stats and perks, though some armor pieces will always roll a fixed perk.

For instance, Graviton will always roll intellect, you can never get it with disc/str.
Sealed Grasps will never have a primary reload perk.
No backup plans will always have shotgun reload.

Check the armory for fixed stats so you don't waste needles re-rolling.

WipedOut

Pretty sure Xur is going to sell Twilight Garrison this weekend with all these people getting them lately. I got my 3rd the other day. *SmartLoot

Use the armor perk in PVP, but for NFs as far as I know Burn Defense decreases the damage from 3x to 2x.

Yeah, but then you're talking about manage armor in a way that you know what enemies are coming up, and equipping armor to decrease damage from some of them.

Like, say you have an encounter with Taken coming up.

There is going to be Taken Wizards, Vandals, and Acolytes.

Wizards are Sol damage, Vandals are Void, Acolytes are Arc.

Then you've got to ask yourself, what's the biggest threat? The 2 Wizards, the 6 Acolytes, or the 4 Vandals?

It just becomes way too much to micromanage.

WeTeHa

Thanks for the runs everybody, especially to ryck for helping out on run 2 and 3 :)

Don't think we've seen any 320 class items in 3 runs :/

SpecX

Pretty sure Xur is going to sell Twilight Garrison this weekend with all these people getting them lately. I got my 3rd the other day. *SmartLoot

That would be great since I can't seem to get one. All I keep getting are Crest of Alpha Lupi from engrams.

Trakan

Yeah, but then you're talking about manage armor in a way that you know what enemies are coming up, and equipping armor to decrease damage from some of them.

Like, say you have an encounter with Taken coming up.

There is going to be Taken Wizards, Vandals, and Acolytes.

Wizards are Sol damage, Vandals are Void, Acolytes are Arc.

Then you've got to ask yourself, what's the biggest threat? The 2 Wizards, the 6 Acolytes, or the 4 Vandals?

It just becomes way too much to micromanage.

Eh? There's only 1 burn active in Y2 NFs right?

I am not looking forward to the Spring Update LL increase totally screwing up my Tier 5 builds. Either I will have to infuse everything to get back to Tier 5 or I'll have to hope for RNG to bring me acceptable replacements.

Either way is annoying because I don't care about light levels - they don't matter in regular Crucible but INT/STR/DISC certainly do.

Dropping to Tier 4 will affect my crucible play immediately and force some level of grinding before I get back to ideal levels.

WipedOut

I am not looking forward to the Spring Update LL increase totally screwing up my Tier 5 builds. Either I will have to infuse everything to get back to Tier 5 or I'll have to hope for RNG to bring me acceptable replacements.

Either way is annoying because I don't care about light levels - they don't matter in regular Crucible but INT/STR/DISC certainly do.

Dropping to Tier 4 will affect my crucible play immediately and force some level of grinding before I get back to ideal levels.

They really need to scrap the LL system and just go to pure levels.

ocean

Banned
I just checked some youtube vids. Y2 Hawkmoon is 88 to the head and 59 to the body. Timur's Lash is 95 to the head, 64 to the body.

Thorn with AB is 81 to the head and 54 to the body. No AB Thorn is 79 to the head, 53 to the body. Revelator is 77 to the head, 51 to the body.

Dat nerf :(

Hawkmoon used to do 94 to the head, 63 to the body. Even at 94 you still needed 3 shots, as you've mentioned. The thing is, it made cleaning up an enemy you had pre-naded super consistent with that extra impact.

Issue with Hawkmoon: Aggressive Ballistics was nerferd. Luck in the Chamber was nerfed. Hammer Forged was nerfed. Hand Cannons in general were nerfed.

So you have a gun whose weapon class as a whole was nerfed, and then you have literally every singe bubble on the perk tree being nerfed individually on top of that - I don't think any gun has ever been hit quite as hard.

Dat nerf :(

Hawkmoon used to do 94 to the head, 63 to the body. Even at 94 you still needed 3 shots, as you've mentioned. The thing is, it made cleaning up an enemy you had pre-naded super consistent with that extra impact.

Issue with Hawkmoon: Aggressive Ballistics was nerferd. Luck in the Chamber was nerfed. Hammer Forged was nerfed. Hand Cannons in general were nerfed.

So you have a gun whose weapon class as a whole was nerfed, and then you have literally every singe bubble on the perk tree being nerfed individually on top of that - I don't think any gun has ever been hit quite as hard.

Greg from the Office was wrecking everyone with Hawkmoon and his fusion rifle

They really need to scrap the LL system and just go to pure levels.
I don't see why they got rid of the old system in the first place, there was nothing wrong with it and it allowed you to use a lot more guns than before, now it's "darn it's 280, guess I can't use it in the raid until I infuse it 10 times" which is just a crappy system. I remember them saying that the old light system was confusing yet the current system works the same way, just with ten items that have light instead of 4. Also class items with light? Bad idea

Hawkmoon is still awesome when the lag is not too much, you can 2 shot players (1 headshot with LitC is 105) or 3 shot reliably.

Feels bad when bullets disappear into thin air when the opponent is outside of shotgun range. I think a party crasher has more range than the Hawkmoon :(

Greg from the Office was wrecking everyone with Hawkmoon and his fusion rifle

The sad part is this is legit what happened pretty much from when they were posting about balance changes. Like Ocean said the Agg Balls nerf hurt it bad, the balancing of that perk and similar ones really hurt a ton of year one weapons. The most annoying part is now a legendary Hawkmoon can roll with far more range than the real deal.

It's just unfathomable that all of the Year 1 strikes are still not in the Heroic playlist. It's not like they HAD to add The Taken to all of them. I would gladly take them in their original form with tougher (HEROIC) enemies just for some variation at this point.

Tri4

Honestly there has been a rise in fusion rifle usage in crucible and after being killed from some unfair ranges, I'm just glad bungie keeps nerfing them. I don't think the problem is that they're bad, just that snipers and shotguns are more viable. Those fusions with the right perks are pretty ridiculous.

NeOak

Honestly there has been a rise in fusion rifle usage in crucible and after being killed from some unfair ranges, I'm just glad bungie keeps nerfing them. I don't think the problem is that they're bad, just that snipers and shotguns are more viable. Those fusions with the right perks are pretty ridiculous.

AYYYYYYYY LMAO

Shotguns are useless unless you're close enough to kiss.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The rank 3 45 just might be as good as the grasp. And a new Eirene has been born. Cannot wait to use it in next IB.

embalm

The bonus armor perk has been my goto on all my pieces as well. I'm glad to see that there is at least one thing that I am doing correctly.

I really wish all the stats were made clear.

Weapons, Armor, and Perks can affect all 6 stats. Figuring out how toughness, recovery, agility, int, dis, and str all work is silly. So why in the world are they displayed and counted up differently.

Just make everything a 0-10 scale.
Then display all 6 stats on the Character screen & the Sub-class screen.

Str, Dis, and Int are really just +0 to +5. Making that scale to 10 doesn't seem impossible.
Toughness, Recovery, and Agility has a base for each class + subclass perks + equipment perks. It's already on a 10 point scale, but the values are hidden behind a vague white bar. Show the tiers, show a description, and make sure it includes everything that I have currently equipped.

I really shouldn't have to read half a dozen web pages and watch 2 hours of videos to understand how much toughness things give me and what that toughness actually does.

Trakan

It's just unfathomable that all of the Year 1 strikes are still not in the Heroic playlist. It's not like they HAD to add The Taken to all of them. I would gladly take them in their original form with tougher (HEROIC) enemies just for some variation at this point.

I'm guessing a lot the Y1 strikes aren't in the rotation because there's a cheese spot to complete all of them. I could be wrong.

AYYYYYYYY LMAO

I can't tell if you're serious.

I'm guessing a lot the Y1 strikes aren't in the rotation because there's a cheese spot to complete all of them. I could be wrong.

Here's the thing though: A lot of those strikes were fun. Even with cheese spots. In fact the cheese is what made some of those strikes fun. Same thing with elemental primaries making things "too easy." Who cares, it made those activities fun and varied. Now Nightfall and such are just boring.

Tri4

AYYYYYYYY LMAO

I wouldn't say they're bad, but inconsistent. God knows how many people I hugged with a shotgun only for it to do nothing. Then people walk around shotgunning me from reasonable distances. But yeah they're inconsistent enough to make me quit shotgunning for like 2 months now.

The patch obviously fucked something up with them. Then everyone and their mother flocked to the snipers and started hard scoping from their spawn.

SpecX

I'm with you, in Y1 I would stick around in the strike rotation for 10+ rounds because there was variety, now I'm lucky to stick around for 2-3 rotations and sometime even less depending on the map given.

Trakan

I wish I were kidding, but all you see now are red lights from all the sniper scoping.

Snipers are busted, I agree. Shotguns are still broken as fuck, though.

No, they are not in rotation because they are time-gated for the spring update.

I'd believe it.

Here's the thing though: A lot of those strikes were fun. Even with cheese spots. In fact the cheese is what made some of those strikes fun. Same thing with elemental primaries making things "too easy." Who cares, it made those activities fun and varied. Now Nightfall and such are just boring.

I agree. This is Bungie we're talking about though. They hate fun.

WeTeHa

I honestly hope THAT is not their main problem, because if it is, Bungie is (or their tools are) more incompetent than I could've ever imagined. How hard would it be to add a closing door in the summoning pits and have every player teleport inside? How hard is to add a teleport mechanic to the nexus strike similar to darkblade (i.e. first player jumps down, everybody gets teleported. Same with sepiks prime, just close the door and teleport everybody.

For the next "content update", they HAVE to bring all strikes to year 2. It's just ridiculous that they're not updating the old strikes.

WipedOut

I'd believe it.

I agree. This is Bungie we're talking about though. They hate fun.

I mean honestly, this is the dev that made halo which revolved around fun. I don't think that they don't want us to have fun, I think they don't want their game to be perceived as easy.

It's not just the Takenified version that would be added.

Bungie added that whole "Joining additional Guardians" thing to the newer strikes. So players can't AFK as much.

Those triggers have to be tested to make sure players don't find ways to teleport to the end of the strike, and to make sure players are being pulled to the appropriate locations, at the appropriate times.

Not that it still shouldn't have been done, but I'm pretty sure this is what stopped them from being added in the beginning.

I can't tell if you're serious.
The valus strike has that cheese spot under the ramp in the corner of the boss room so that can't be there reasoning.

This sucks because I use the Mida in PVP and if I need something for close quarters, I have to rely on the IB side arm since I am severly lacking in the fusion rifle department. I hate side arms. Unless one was an automatic side arm. But that will never happen.

Trakan

As in not working properly, yeah. If you mean they're OP I'd have to pretty strongly disagree.

I mean they're still OP. I used a Matador from Y1 the other day and felt like it killed from just as far and just as consistently as ever. The Conspiracy Theory is also still ridiculous. The IB/Trials shotguns are both high impact shotguns as well. Maybe it's the archetype that's the problem still, but their range still feels insane to me.

Top Bottom