• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

stay gold

I mean they're still OP. I used a Matador from Y1 the other day and felt like it killed from just as far and just as consistently as ever. The Conspiracy Theory is also still ridiculous. The IB/Trials shotguns are both high impact shotguns as well. Maybe it's the archetype that's the problem still, but their range still feels insane to me.

Y2 Party Crasher/CTD range is about the same as Sunsinger melee. Any less than that and they'd be absolutely unusable. They're already random as hell thanks to lag.

Mindlog

I am not looking forward to the Spring Update LL increase totally screwing up my Tier 5 builds. Either I will have to infuse everything to get back to Tier 5 or I'll have to hope for RNG to bring me acceptable replacements.

Either way is annoying because I don't care about light levels - they don't matter in regular Crucible but INT/STR/DISC certainly do.

Dropping to Tier 4 will affect my crucible play immediately and force some level of grinding before I get back to ideal levels.
Yeah it's going to be great having to grind for new gear that performs at the same exact level my old gear did........................................................................................... ......................... ............................................................................................... .... . ........... Bungie pelase.
Oh, Jesus...

That tells you how much I think about incoming damage during a Nightfall...

I don't even associate Sol/Void/Arc burn with incoming damage except for bosses.
Pretending we find perfect gear that's one piece of armor for each subclass and one for each burn :|
That's six pieces of armor to infuse :\
Not counting armor for different builds with regards to INT/STR/DIS and weapon perks >:\
That's not counting any of the exotics which can roll with all of those different possibilities as well -_-
That's just for one piece of armor on one character zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

All element burn defense modifiers should have been applied to Relics.
Relics should have no light level. Just give them perks based on tier.
Same with class items.
Same with ghost shells.

Deku Tree

This is so bizarre to keep seeing. You can find a few Reddit posts talking about these specific ships not dropping for someone despite them dumping enough mats for dozens and dozens of rank ups. Personally, I have been missing only these ships for around 2-3 months now. I've ranked up around 60-70 times without seeing either. In addition, a buddy of mine dumped all his materials into the factions for the emblems, ships, and shaders. He got everything pretty quickly until he hit a dry spell, and now he can't get the last ships he needs despite 40+ rank ups. The ships he needs? Comitatus and Road Unraveled.

Yeah this is the feeling I had. This is why I am not donating any motes or otherwise going out of my way to grind any more faction rep. It feels like the ships are bugged whatever other changes they made screwed up the drop rates.

If Bungie can't get it together with Ghost Drop rates in the Crimson Days event then asking them to get their act together with faction ship drop rates is never gonna happen.

I am not looking forward to the Spring Update LL increase totally screwing up my Tier 5 builds. Either I will have to infuse everything to get back to Tier 5 or I'll have to hope for RNG to bring me acceptable replacements.

Either way is annoying because I don't care about light levels - they don't matter in regular Crucible but INT/STR/DISC certainly do.

Dropping to Tier 4 will affect my crucible play immediately and force some level of grinding before I get back to ideal levels.

FFFFFFffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu......

Star-trek%203.gif

This makes me sad. I don't want to infuse new gear. All my PvP gear is perfect as is. SIGH.

I heard this from a friend today.
The problem seems to be that when they make a change and it backfires, rather than undo the change, they find all these other variables to alter in hopes that everything just aligns. Like, imagine Bungie had a sprinkler for their lawn, and in an effort to water more of their lawn with the 1 sprinkler, they move the sprinkler. Turns out, less of the lawn is getting water. Rather than move the sprinkler back, or somewhere in between the first two places, Bungie starts investigating into Water pressure, hose girth, and the angle of the arc of water. Just move the damn sprinkler back.

It is beautiful and spot on. I dunno if he got it from somewhere but I thought I'd share it with everyone.

Has anyone had an issue where they constantly get kicked out of fireteams? I haven't had any connection issues with the game up until yesterday but now I can barely stay connected for more than 10 minutes.

We need an Etheric Light equivalent. I'd be willing to suffer through an updated Prison of Elders if it meant getting new Etheric Light which boosts my items to max LL.
Etheric light was genius on bungies part, it allowed you to use any gear you wanted and it was easily accessible. You could get it from three of the PoE difficulties, trials, and iron banner, it was a great system and made the loot aspect of the game more enjoyable

Tri4

I mean they're still OP. I used a Matador from Y1 the other day and felt like it killed from just as far and just as consistently as ever. The Conspiracy Theory is also still ridiculous. The IB/Trials shotguns are both high impact shotguns as well. Maybe it's the archetype that's the problem still, but their range still feels insane to me.
I don't get what "ideal range" is anymore. I don't think anyone will be satisfied until they're just removed from the game. Warlock melees have more range than shotguns at this point. Even if the distance was point blank people would still complain (not saying you will, but there are people out there), because sliding towards someone till your face is touching their crotch isn't the hardest thing to do and apparently some people just let shotgunners get close while they're walking around with a long range gun.

I don't use shotguns anymore, and I'm not the greatest PvP player but I think shotguns are fine right now. Obviously my opinion may not be the most reliable because I'm not MLG but ive played a fair amount of crucible. And if anything needs nerfing its special ammo as a whole. The reason why I'm more tolerant of shotguns than snipers ATM (though I will still swear at shotgunners in frustration) is because they have an ideal range.

Snipers don't. At one point, "stay out of sniper lanes" would be a legitimate way to avoid being sniped. But now a lot of people are skilled enough that they can snipe from almost everywhere at every range. And it's not just headshots. Headshots require skill, bodyshots don't. And right now bodyshotting is way too unfair. I said it before, its unfair that some crappy sniper can pick me off from a safe distance after I've been tickled by another gun.

Snipers should be guns that reward precision and skill. So my proposal would be to significantly reduce bodyshot damage to 3 to even 4 shots to kill, while keeping headshot damage the exact same. That way, a skilled hand will be rewarded while a nonskilled double tapper wont.

but I digress

X-Frame

Does anyone know if the Heroic story missions give more XP than the regular ones?

Started a new character and wondering if it's worth me going through story missions at the Heroic or 240 Light level or just doing the regular one. It doesn't say if Heroic even gives XP at all, let alone if it's more than the regular (as opposed to Year 1 where it clearly showed the XP to be gained for each difficulty).

Hey whoever is online and have me on your friends list, can you see my party chat I am in?

Currently "offline".

edit:nevermind, you cant see the party of someone "offline"

Does anyone know if the Heroic story missions give more XP than the regular ones?

Started a new character and wondering if it's worth me going through story missions at the Heroic or 240 Light level or just doing the regular one. It doesn't say if Heroic even gives XP at all, let alone if it's more than the regular (as opposed to Year 1 where it clearly showed the XP to be gained for each difficulty).

Crucible gives a lot more xp than strikes, and the average crucible game is shorter than the average heroic strike.

Court of Oryx is also a good way to level up gear and subcalss while farming glimmer and mats.

WeTeHa

Finally managed to max all subclasses.

Also, just spent almost 2 hours cleaning up my vault, sharding and infusing stuff I don't need. Should be enough space for quite a long time.

Trakan

I don't get what "ideal range" is anymore. I don't think anyone will be satisfied until they're just removed from the game. Warlock melees have more range than shotguns at this point. Even if the distance was point blank people would still complain (not saying you will, but there are people out there), because sliding towards someone till your face is touching their crotch isn't the hardest thing to do and apparently some people just let shotgunners get close while they're walking around with a long range gun.

I don't use shotguns anymore, and I'm not the greatest PvP player but I think shotguns are fine right now. Obviously my opinion may not be the most reliable because I'm not MLG but ive played a fair amount of crucible. And if anything needs nerfing its special ammo as a whole. The reason why I'm more tolerant of shotguns than snipers ATM (though I will still swear at shotgunners in frustration) is because they have an ideal range.

Snipers don't. At one point, "stay out of sniper lanes" would be a legitimate way to avoid being sniped. But now a lot of people are skilled enough that they can snipe from almost everywhere at every range. And it's not just headshots. Headshots require skill, bodyshots don't. And right now bodyshotting is way too unfair. I said it before, its unfair that some crappy sniper can pick me off from a safe distance after I've been tickled by another gun.

Snipers should be guns that reward precision and skill. So my proposal would be to significantly reduce bodyshot damage to 3 to even 4 shots to kill, while keeping headshot damage the exact same. That way, a skilled hand will be rewarded while a nonskilled double tapper wont.

but I digress

I think it does have to do with special ammo in general. If you got like ten shots through the whole match with a shotgun compared to being able to use it as a primary like you can now, I would have less of a problem with it.

Snipers are another story though.

NeOak

Pre-TTK it was like this. Post-TTK they removed all mention of extra experience for harder levels.

Actually, they removed difficulty levels, leaving only the standard and then the 240 one.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
It needs to be said....

Fabian Strategy is king!!!

I just solo'd the Undying Mind strike to get the stolen rune as part of the Hunger Pangs questline (I think that's what I was doing haha) and the Fabian Strategy was absolutely beast.

When enemies get near and the Front Lines perk kicks in!!! Wow! So much fun.

Defender Titan + Armour of Light +
Fabian Strategy

KING!

It needs to be said....

Fabian Strategy is king!!!

I just solo'd the Undying Mind strike to get the stolen rune as part of the Hunger Pangs questline (I think that's what I was doing haha) and the Fabian Strategy was absolutely beast.

When enemies get near and the Front Lines perk kicks in!!! Wow! So much fun.

Defender Titan + Armour of Light +
Fabian Strategy

KING!

Glad I'm not the only one!

It is indeed much stronger than people give it credit for, even in PvP. The recoil is a bit unwieldly, but when it spins up to maximum RPM it feels great. The health recovery perk is nice, and damage buff on kill is okay. It's only a 3 second buff, so it can be a clutch save, but it doesn't change the gun much.

Any other Titans out there should give it another chance. I've infused mine to 312.

HOWEVER. The gun is great until you run into a Doctrine. It absolutely destroys Fabian.

I was helping a friend get his 45th fragment in CoO last night. Went to use my super on the two shielded Knights and was meet with the Ban Hammer.

bnxSjKE.gif

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
What are these Antiquated Ruins and why do I have 10+ of these? Guessing these are for CoO, but how does Drizzay come by so many

Wormhole something-a-majig too

Drizzay has me packed with so much stuff, I have to do administrative work as said prior to fix up my Vault and characters
Already @ 200 max Legendary Marks, so what's best to spend on?
I have it looks like roughly 300+ marks waiting from breaking stuff down, most isn't infusable stuff

How do I get PoE weapons, I most missed out on those

I wanna be prepared coming in and catch up quick (my knowledge, not LL 320 stuff)

What are these Antiquated Ruins and why do I have 10+ of these? Guessing these are for CoO, but how does Drizzay come by so many

Drizzay has me packed with so much stuff, I have to do administrative work as said prior to fix up my Vault and characters
I have it looks like roughly 300+ marks waiting from breaking stuff down, most isn't infusable stuff

I wanna be prepared coming in and catch up quick (my knowledge, not LL 320 stuff)

Hung Jury scout rifle from Dead Orbit.

Those runes are used for Court of oryx, antiquated ones are for tier 3 (the highest one).

As said above, get the vendor Hung Jury scout rifle from marks.

So, that ride along... glad they didn't spoil the Scent chest Kappa

But to be serious the Dreadnaught is my least favorite of the five destinations. Way too much green/brown dreariness, not much distinctive level or environmental design. I really like the secrets but no sparrows and homogeneous sections made it a bit of a let down for me.

P.S. I found Twilight.
He's a Halo Goat.

Kyoufu

But to be serious the Dreadnaught is my least favorite of the five destinations. Way too much green/brown dreariness, not much distinctive level or environmental design. I really like the secrets but no sparrows and homogeneous sections made it a bit of a let down for me.

P.S. I found Twilight.
He's a Halo Goat.

The guy I bumped into last week who plays Destiny a lot with his kids told me he loves Dreadnaught and how it was so different to the other areas in the game. I suspect a lot of other people feel the same way and tbh, I can see why. The Dreadnaught actually has stuff to do in it. Earth? Moon? Not so much.

P.S. I found Twilight.
He's a Halo Goat.

Yeah, they could have done such a better job. For instance, more VERTICAL exploration would have been cool, rather than the endless plains of the dreadnought with random useless chest rooms.

The Dreadnought is the best patrol zone from a gameplay perspective, but it's really boring to look at and move around in. Everything looks pretty much the same.

Top Bottom