• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

So, this happened:

CcnLjxPUcAAaCyI.jpg:large

4 players from the same clan, 2v2. Probably used the location based custom mm to match up against each other for kills, bounties or grimioire wins.

I was wrecking the other team and almost on a 10 kill streak when my own team mates started getting farmed and then were probably calling out my location to their clan mates on the other team. Pulling heavy then jumping off, not disabling the probe, not reviving, and one guy on my team started tea-bagging my orb.

Random on the other team knew what was up:

CcnMy0kUcAE6jAD.jpg:large

Still rekt them cheating assholes.

WeTeHa

I'm gonna need some assistance with the First Curse quest because there ain't no way I'm getting that done by myself :|

Let's help each other out, because I'm never getting the crucible part done on my own either.
Whats the easiest way? Load up a rumble playlist in a fireteam and just tell each other our location for a quick headshot kill, I guess?

UberLevi

Hey, Destiny-GAF. I've been holding off on buying Destiny for a long time and now I'm seriously considering jumping in, but I want some advice before I make my final decision.

I've played a bunch of the trial version on Xbox One and I really enjoy the general gameplay and it's a game I've wanted to grab since launch. The reason I haven't nabbed it yet is because my friends that I generally play cooperatively with haven't adopted next-gen yet. We're typically pc gamers, but I think the ship has sailed for a Destiny port. Now, I don't play with randoms. I just don't really enjoy playing with strangers. I'm also not a competitive player.

Basically, I'd like to know if the game is a worthwhile investment to someone who probably wouldn't be doing raids or pvp. Also, I'm not convinced that I'd be sticking around for end-game type stuff that doesn't come into play until after hitting the level cap. Should I even bother if I'm just interested in seeing all the basic offerings that the game has from 1 to 40 as a solo player, or should I just wait until a sequel comes out and see if it launches on pc next time around?

Kyoufu

Hey, Destiny-GAF. I've been holding off on buying Destiny for a long time and now I'm seriously considering jumping in, but I want some advice before I make my final decision.

I've played a bunch of the trial version on Xbox One and I really enjoy the general gameplay and it's a game I've wanted to grab since launch. The reason I haven't nabbed it yet is because my friends that I generally play cooperatively with haven't adopted next-gen yet. We're typically pc gamers, but I think the ship has sailed for a Destiny port. Now, I don't play with randoms. I just don't really enjoy playing with strangers. I'm also not a competitive player.

Basically, I'd like to know if the game is a worthwhile investment to someone who probably wouldn't be doing raids or pvp. Also, I'm not convinced that I'd be sticking around for end-game type stuff that doesn't come into play until after hitting the level cap. Should I even bother if I'm just interested in seeing all the basic offerings that the game has from 1 to 40 as a solo player, or should I just wait until a sequel comes out and see if it launches on pc next time around?

I can't recommend the game to a solo player who won't be doing PVP or endgame activities.

I suggest finding new friends who aren't confined to one platform though.

Kyoufu

Let's help each other out, because I'm never getting the crucible part done on my own either.
Whats the easiest way? Load up a rumble playlist in a fireteam and just tell each other our location for a quick headshot kill, I guess?

To be honest the quest doesn't seem so bad now. Getting headshots in regular games is pretty easy.

ZeroCoin

You're posting in it. We have Xbox here too.

If you mean the PS4 communities... They aren't really used.

Yes, I was talking about the actual community feature of the PS4. A lot of other GAF groups use it to aid in finding people to play with and sending invites quicker.

Deku Tree

Go back to Division beta thread Lnkn. So many scorned former Destiny players over there who act like Destiny is their ex who posted naked pics of them online.

Namikaze1

What the fuck

Public event pops. Don't even get a notification. Just screen turning black. No nolanbot saying "oh watch out!"

While doing said public event (prevent vex sacrifices) I don't have a three minute timer on my screen. Nor even saying I'm participating in one. Doesn't have how many sacrifices can still be made before we failed.

Ammo refused to fucking drop from anything

Getting my super back up during said public event took almost all three minutes even at being Tier 5 for Intellect. I killed 10 majors (plus a shit ton of regular ads) for the bounty and shit did nothing to the bar

Guy helping me makes orbs. Picking those up did nothing as well to the bar.

Didn't get the 5 motes of light for completing said public event without a single sacrifice

First the 320 chest from the other day. Now this shit. Pissing me off.

glaurung

I think this is the worst place to be asking, but is anyone up for doing the Refer-A-Friend quest line with me?

...I am obviously the veteran right now.

I think this is the worst place to be asking, but is anyone up for doing the Refer-A-Friend quest line with me?

...I am obviously the veteran right now.

Yea, I think probably all the people here are vets as well. Finding someone for RAF will be best served either on Bungie forums (I think they have a forum for this) or maybe Reddit.

EDIT dummy double.

There's no question the game really shines if you have good people to play the content with you. Even the match-made activities like Strike playlists can vary a lot depending on the quality of players you get matched with. That said, I think the Taken King added enough solid single player "campaign-ish" activities that it would be a satisfying experience for someone who really enjoyed the base gameplay. Sure, it's not gonna support thousands of hours of playtime like some people around here but there's nothing wrong with that.

A lot of people play Destiny like a serious, ongoing investment but it doesn't have to be that way. If you're happy to throw ~20 hours into the story missions then be done with it I think that could still be a lot of fun. Also, you never know if you'll get hooked deeper and want to continue into the end game activities. Lots of people (myself included) don't have real-life friends that play Destiny but there's no shortage of nice and knowledgeable people around here who can help you group up for raids or PvP.

The sequel won't be coming anytime soon and I assume you can find Taken King at a reasonable price nowadays which should also include all the vanilla and year 1 expansion content. Personally I say go for it but of course I'm biased :p

Don't let WipedOut get bored in your raid. Not only will he take your loot (320 class item), but he'll engage in shenanigans. Here I am just playing around with emotes.

You'll never guess what happens next.

You could have saved it with the Garrison!!! ;_;

Man. I didn't get one of those Iron Banner emails. That sucks...

Also:

Yay! I'm famous.

Lol, everyone loves the sprinkler analogy!

ocean

Banned
DIS+STR Nightstalkers/Sunsingers and INT+STR Stormcallers are my favorite in the game right now.

This Tier 5 life is everything

DIS+STR Nightstalkers/Sunsingers and INT+STR Stormcallers are my favorite in the game right now.

This Tier 5 life is everything

I really think that's the way to go

people on reddit were giving me shit because I said the graviton only granted keen scout and you couldn't min/max with it

Auctopus

I don't really blame them. So many flaws with this game which have soured people.

That The Divison has still yet to prove it doesn't have. People just feel like they're getting the one-up on Bungie by buying The Division (Whilst at the same time arguing that they're not the same thing).

Go back and read the Destiny Beta thread, it's identical to The Division thread.

Top Bottom