• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

So I just got a ps4. This game caught my interest but since I know nothing about it some questions:

- Is it worth picking up at this point?
- Do I just buy a base version or will I need to purchase DLC?
- Is the PvP pay/grind to win?
- Can I enjoy this game in the fullest without having irl friends playing this?
- 1080p 30fps stable?

Yes, it's worth picking up. The game has a ton of content for new players. Those of us that are frustrated have just explored every nook and cranny for weeks on end.

This is the most up to date version of the game at $40 USD: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZJ20YQO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The PvP can be played as early as level 2. Most playlists scale the player up to max level so you'll be doing normal damage to max level players. There is no pay to win, and no pay to not grind. Most gear is accumulated from doing the story mode in game.

Most of us in this thread have had our IRL friends move on, yet here we are. It might take you a bit to find a regular group, but the amount of time you spend in this thread will likely be proportional to the amount of time you can do the end game content.

30fps super stable. Dips are few and far between.

LTWood12

Damn Gunsmith brought some fun stuff today. Actually going to redeem like 4 or 5 packages. GG Bungo:

Arminus-D (3rd Roll): Crowd Control, Counterbalance, Braced Frame
Uffern HC4 (1st roll): Third Eye, Extended Mag, Rifled Barrel, Outlaw
Lyudmila-D (3rd roll): Headseeker, Counterbalance, Hand-Laid Stock
Suros PDX-45 (2nd roll): Perfect Balance, Hidden Hand, Smallbore
Suros PDX-45 (3rd roll): Appended Magazine, Full Auto, Rifled Barrel

Good morning DGAF.

Spent last night relaxing and catching up on TV shows and actually getting a decent amount of sleep. Feels good and I'm feeling inspired to start some game development today and get back on that track.

I'll check back in around Twitch reveal and join the chat.

Don't do that! We need to be able to generate enough salt, that it breaks the chat again.

Hahaha omg I forgot the chat broke! I wonder if it's still broken hahaha

Someone go in and see if it works, I'm in there now!

LTWood12

the gunsmith rolls are either a sign that the stream will be great, or there to make up for the fact that they know it's going to suck. :p

Deku Tree

Damn Gunsmith brought some fun stuff today. Actually going to redeem like 4 or 5 packages. GG Bungo:

Arminus-D (3rd Roll): Crowd Control, Counterbalance, Braced Frame
Uffern HC4 (1st roll): Third Eye, Extended Mag, Rifled Barrel, Outlaw
Lyudmila-D (3rd roll): Headseeker, Counterbalance, Hand-Laid Stock
Suros PDX-45 (2nd roll): Perfect Balance, Hidden Hand, Smallbore
Suros PDX-45 (3rd roll): Appended Magazine, Full Auto, Rifled Barrel

Any good cocytus rolls? Might give me an excuse to log on lol.

Just won back to back Rumble matches with a Doctrine and Shotgun. On Bannerfall and Blindwatch. Feels good.

I'll be around tonight for some of that sweet sweet IB.

LTWood12

Any good cocytus rolls? Might give me an excuse to log on lol.

I'd tell you if I had one. That's just the stuff I have on hand.

edit: Found it on playbook (they're shit):

1: Candle|Flash|Signal / Icarus / Snapshot|Casket / Grenadier|Eye of the Storm
2: Spark|Torch|Signal / Replenish / Lightweight|Hand-laid / Grenadier|Exhumed
3: Candle|Torch|Signal / Life Support / Sling|Casket / Grenadier|Exhumed

Deku Tree

garbage

Having Replenish and Exhumed together may be the worst insult Bungie has ever thrown our way.

LTWood12

There really are so many filler perks. I'd like to see them take a hard look at a lot of perks and either change them or just cut them completely.

SpecX

I don't know what's wrong, I have not had the urge to play even though I know IB is going on and I normally want to race to complete this on all 3 characters. Bungie please excite me today so I can feel the need to pick back up the controller.

My boss isn't here today so I can leave early. YES!!!!!

Score score score.

I knew I came to work early for a reason. The question becomes, before or after the twitch reveal.

Falifax

Kind of a random thought but was somebody considering creating a Discord DGAF chat group?

Folks at the Giant Bomb GAF created one and it's kind of awesome. GAF would serve for the general chat but maybe when there is an event like Iron Banner or Trials it would serve as an easier tool for grouping up and maybe as a place where people can talk off topic stuff.

Just putting it out there if people are interested.

Kind of a random thought but was somebody considering creating a Discord DGAF chat group?

Folks at the Giant Bomb GAF created one and it's kind of awesome. GAF would serve for the general chat but maybe when there is an event like Iron Banner or Trials it would serve as an easier tool for grouping up and maybe as a place where people can talk off topic stuff.

It's kind of nice. I mean it works well for the Division. We have a PC Discord for The Division but mainly helped when the game was at its peak during the first couple of weeks.

We could have random convos / off topic stuff there. It seems nice for PC games since you can see when people are playing but yea, it would probably be better than Twitch chat during reveals since Twitch chat actually broke during last week's reveal.

If anyone wants to join, we can try it out.

Quote this to get the invite link

WipedOut

Yeah it would be pretty nice to have and we could end the LFG posts here.

stay gold

Picked up this weeks PDX since I had 3 packages. Wait for a good Counterbalance roll if you only have 1, the horizontal recoil is gross.

I forgot what guns I have to pickup. I think I have the Eirene. Is that roll good today?

Edit, nope.

Eirene RR4
Roll 1
Arc - Corvo SS2/Faucon SS1 - Performance Bonus - High Caliber Rounds/Rifled Barrel - Life Support/Exhumed
Roll 2
Arc - Yepaki SS2/Faucon SS1 - Triple Tap - Single Point Sling/Casket Mag - Replenish/Underdog
Roll 3
Solar - Condor SS2/Faucon SS1 - Triple Tap - Lightweight/Oiled Frame - Zen Moment/Last Resort

Why is everyone using Discord now? What is the difference from just posting here?

And yeah what Lnkn said.

It's just a place to chat randomly amongst outselves, without worry of too many off topic posts or getting banned, etc. It's like actually having conversations instead of posting and replying, since it's all live. It's seems great for Twitch reveals (Since our Twitch chat died like 15 minutes in) and random off topic stuff.

So people don't talk only about Dark Souls 3 in 2 weeks or so.

Oh gosh, might need a seperate Text Channel for that if some people want to discuss that hahaha. I'm going in completely blind!

I love going into Destiny Strikes/Missions and Raids completely blind, just like Dark Souls and Bloodborne or anything big with lore in it. I don't understand people who love to get as much information as possible before going in. I mean I understand not wanting to waste time or whatever but yea. It might be an RPG / WoW thing to want to know as much info before diving in, idk.

Going in completely blind into King's Fall was an amazing experience, as was HoW missions. TTK missions were cool but wasn't as enjoyable solo as was my full fireteam of Grimlock and Ocean when HoW came out. Crota's End blind wasn't as fun. We didn't make it passed the towers on the first day so that was meh. Plus Crota was wtf at the time hahaha.

My IRL friends already looked up info on VOG so it wasn't really blind, but it was still a really cool experience.

However, there is a difference in wanting to know some information about next updates/expansions for Destiny, since it regards QoL, Subclass/weapons/gear/levelling etc. information.

Lnkn52

If they make Lnkn a Mod then he would ban me!

VS5G1Lm.png

Namikaze1

I can't get banned there? So I can talk shit about Vaal's long dead warlock in there, Todd's obsession with Aqua, Igor's crappy Internet, and Ape's super fails and not worry about getting banned? :O

Top Bottom