• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Jafku

Bungie's communication remains as awful as ever. You mean to tell me Deej couldn't take a few seconds to tell us that they were announcing exotics on their instagram page?

I am a little overwhelmed with all the options to customize!

If they have some Trials/activity specific stuff that would be so dope! Some type of Scarab glow or emblem I could put on my gear would be cool.

The fact is that every major update is laden with microtransactions
You mean the free updates are including small bits of optional paid content so that Bungie can at least make SOME profit? Say it ain't so!

The only potential problem here is if Eververse was the ONLY means of getting treasure boxes. But it's not. You can earn them normally in-game.

Nothing wrong here. If people want to go bankrupt just to get all the new goodies immediately, no big deal.

X-Frame

You get Year 1 Weapons from Legendary Engrams.

When was the last time any of us got a Weapon Engram? Those are crazy rare.

I get more Legendary weapons from Blue weapon engrams compared to actual Legendary weapon engrams. Wonder if that still is the case here.

What will that whole color wheel of White, Blue, Red, and Yellow...

I'm sorry, it's just that color wheel line was stupid. They grabbed the 3 primary colors, and added a solid neutral. The End. There was no color wheel.

Yeah, it's not enough, but it's a start!

I kind of want to customize every set of PvP gear I have...my INT/STR StormCaller will have blue...my DIS/STR Sunsinger will have red...

You mean the free updates are including small bits of optional paid content so that Bungie can at least make SOME profit? Say it ain't so!

The only potential problem here is if Eververse was the ONLY means of getting treasure boxes. But it's not. You can earn them normally in-game.

Nothing wrong here. If people want to go bankrupt just to get all the new goodies immediately, no big deal.

You mean the free updates that have been underwhelming and as of now are just rehashed content with bigger numbers? Oh and 'score cards' too I guess.

Oh and we still get to buy expansions or we can't continue progression! Hooray microtransactions! I hope you're excited for the april update, cause that's all you're getting until the next paid expansion.

WipedOut

I won't be fully back, but the 1:1 infusion is a step in the right direction. Now just get rid of LL on Class Items and Ghosts please and thank you.

Lnkn52

h7xWktH.png

At work and can't watch stream but reading this thread, 1:1 infusion? Nice job Bungie.

So that means do not infuse anything till after update right?

Deku Tree

Oh and I am SUPER excited about the faction Rep Boost! I can finally get the last 4 exotic class items much quicker with the update. I'm pumped.

How "much quicker"? I don't remember them being specific and Bungie has a history of (1) disappointing people with comments like this and (2) having their be a huge "catch" that would make the quicker rank ups less rewarding somehow.

Frenden

Banned
The vault, infusion, and rep boost* QoL updates are the best news out of this reveal for sure.

I don't like the chroma aesthetics, so that's a system that I probably won't engage with a ton.

*Hopefully it's significant and not a 0.4% increase.

The ONE freaking Hunter Helmet I got rid of in year 1!

I hope Xur sells Legacy Helmet engrams soon...

How "much quicker"? I don't remember them being specific and Bungie has a history of (1) disappointing people with comments like this and (2) having their be a huge "catch" that would make the quicker rank ups less rewarding somehow.

Any boost to what it currently is will be an improvement! Whatever the outcome, I will continue to remain positive with my expectations in check.

I really hope that isn't all.

Hunter
Helm - Arachnid
Gloves - Kepri's Sting
Chest - Raspberry

Warlock
Gloves - Sunbreakers
Chest - Purifier

Titan
Gloves - Feedback Fence
Helm - Stupid statue face
Helm - Glasshouse

Patience and Time
Universal remote
All 3 House of Wolves exotics.

I doubt they would screw over Warlocks again. I bet they get 1 of the new exotics and are saving it for instagram later.

WeTeHa

Oh and I am SUPER excited about the faction Rep Boost! I can finally get the last 4 exotic class items much quicker with the update. I'm pumped.

Did they specifically say something about faction rep? I was distracted while they talked about that and I only remember hearing something about vanguard, crucible and house of judgement rep.

Did they specifically say something about faction rep? I was distracted while they talked about that and I only remember hearing something about vanguard, crucible and house of judgement rep.

Yes, because faction packs are the only way to get the new faction armor.

I've gone to the dark side Ape. You can be the light counterpoint to balance me out.

Dude, I totally get it. You said so yourself that you love PvP more than anything. Maybe next weeks stream will have some really good changes to that aspect of the game!

This stream also tells me the focus of the live team is not the meat and potatoes everyone wants from Destiny and I'm ok with that. I am a year round Destiny player. I just really love playing it. Part of that is the game(especially Trials) and part of that is all the amazing people here. I think it's totally ok for people to come back to the game when they have something to be excited about.

Top Bottom