• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

So donated on the GoFundMe but I'll echo some other comments here. Flowers are a nice gesture but a lot of families are now forgoing that option in lieu of donations to causes or help with funding the funeral.

This is such a huge loss. I can't imagine the massive void that now exists in his wife and families lives. ):
The guestbook link we got allows you to buy flowers directly. That's were I think Macello will buy the flowers from.
As I posted in an update, I am planning on buying the premium Guardian Angel flowers through the funeral home's link. I am debating whether to purchase an additional wreath. The remainder of the money will be given to the family to use at their discretion. Funerals are expensive.

raindoc

I wouldn't delete any characters— levelling subclasses takes a long time. Steal the exotics and shard them if you want, though.
I wasn't planning on deleting them, but if exotic shards are useful in TTK I'll use a bunch of exotics to power up existing gear. But I'm currently at a loss when it comes to understanding how this game works now. It's been a year and I'm confused - There's ranks and light levels? How do they relate again? And what's the max lvl for weapons - and can I upgrade "old" weapons? Which new ones should I go for?

6vapCDR.jpg

Re: returning to Destiny/TTK:
should I try to level up first or do the TTK story missions for starters?

also: since there's no way I'll be able to play with all three characters - which one should i keep (please say warlock, or hunter, but preferably warlock) and will "sharding" my other classes' exotics help me level up my remaining char?

You can't do the actual TTK part until you're level 25. Just follow where the story takes you in the beginning. Going through all the story missions will take you from levels 0 to 40. You don't really have to worry about light until you hit level 40, when it becomes a major differentiating factor. It's the average scores of all your weapons & armour.

I started cold with a warlock and was able to solo the whole game, it's no problem at all. This game is really balanced, just do whatever you think is coolest. Use whatever weapon you think is the most fun - though I find scout rifles are by far the best thing for getting through PvE.

And any time you're stuck or want to run strikes etc., just ask people here. Always people online who are willing to jump in to help you through a tough spot.

I wasn't planning on deleting them, but if exotic shards are useful in TTK I'll use a bunch of exotics to power up existing gear. But I'm currently at a loss when it comes to understanding how this game works now. It's been a year and I'm confused - There's ranks and light levels? How do they relate again? And what's the max lvl for weapons - and can I upgrade "old" weapons? Which new ones should I go for?

6vapCDR.jpg

The shards wont be that much use. You want to get to level 40. Then you can.worry about light levels. 335 is currently the max light

Think of light as your "real" level. Like I said in the previous post, it's the average score of your weapons & armour. Your light level will determine what level of enemies can damage you in any meaningful way, it's like Dungeons & Dragons' THAC0, if you've ever played that. The max is 335.

Rare weapons can absorb other weapons, and thereby gain their light level. So if you have a favourite gun, but find something else not as cool but at a higher light level, just feed it to the gun you like.

Pre-TTK exotic items (year 1) don't go above 170 or so, but in the tower near the vanguard leaders there's a giant iPad thing on the wall where you can access the year 2 versions, which have been tweaked and can go up to 335.

But light levels don't matter in PvP, only weapon properties and perks, so you can keep old favourites for use there. It also lets you be competitive even if you're not at a high light level yet.

lt519

As I posted in an update, I am planning on buying the premium Guardian Angel flowers through the funeral home's link. I am debating whether to purchase an additional wreath. The remainder of the money will be given to the family to use at their discretion. Funerals are expensive.

I saw that update, looks beautiful and a Guardian Angel is very fitting coming from this community. Thank you for putting this together. I'm not sure if his family/wife knew he was so involved in the Destiny community but they will surely appreciate knowing he made peoples lives more pleasant where ever he went.

Jinjo

Re: returning to Destiny/TTK:
should I try to level up first or do the TTK story missions for starters?

also: since there's no way I'll be able to play with all three characters - which one should i keep (please say warlock, or hunter, but preferably warlock) and will "sharding" my other classes' exotics help me level up my remaining char?

It's never gonna be the Warlock lol. Seriously, pick whichever class you like playing the most. Perhaps check out the new subclasses to decide which class to main. As usual Titan has a lot of utility everywhere as a Defender, but the new Hunter subclass is amazing for PvE also. Warlocks gotten a nerf, but they're still amazing. New subclass for them is sorta OP for PvP.

http://i.imgur.com/6vapCDR.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Pretty much Y2 was a reset gear-wise. Your Y1 items unfortunately will not be able to increase in light beyond the 170 light (back then it was 34 light obviously) that you could achieve in House of Wolves. Same for exotics, there's Y2 version with higher light levels/upgradeable to Y2 max light. Y2 max light as of now is 335, in addition you can now get to lv 40. The light progression is linear, when you're a higher light level you gain higher light gear, so just keep equipping the best you have. Blues will quickly become stronger than your Y1 legendary gear. Eventually you'll get the new Y2 legendaries & exotics. Get a set you like and stick with it. You can make the legendaries & exotics stronger by "infusing" other stronger items of same gearslot into them.

Vanguard and crucible rank are the same as always. Gain reputation and get a small random reward in the form of a legendary. Anyway, just start playing the story, complete quests, get the new subclass and you'll quickly find your groove again. You don't need to worry about specific activities till light 300 atleast. The system is a whole less convoluted than Y1.

Such a sad news to wake up to :(

I remember playing with him during one of our hilariously bad Titan bubble train pvp match, hadn't laughed so hard in a while. Wish I had saved that video.

I haven't played Destiny in like 10 months (mostly due to personal reasons) and wasn't planning on getting RoI, but now I will for Drizz, and to be part of the amazing DGAF community.

Jigga I need Oryx HM for the Triumph, if you ever have a slot in a run this week let me know anytime. I just started my holidays.

I need help to get these guys get their shit done. If there's not enough experience, we can break up the rookies and get it done in multiple runs. What time is convenient for you?

I'm free anytime. As I said I'm on holidays right now, and I'm only busy tomorrow night CET. I've already killed him with my brothers account (but not mine -_-) so I know the drill.

I'll help if that's fine.

Basically, anything that's not around 4pm-8pm EST, on account of I'm in Japan and that's super early morning here. I'm also on vacation so pretty much anything else will do.

I can help. As you know, I still don't know how to jump though.

So far it's
1) Ji66a_Man (PDT)
2) Acidote (CET)
3) LiveFromKyoto (JST)
4)
5)
6)

When is this suppose to be eastern time?

Does 9pm EST work for people? I can be awake for that.

I can probably do that. Up to everyone else though.

I'm about to go to bed, where are we at on this one now? Sorry to quote the whole discussion thread, but it was buried & lost a few pages back.

Well I want planning on jumping back in till sept to prep up for Roi.

But I have tomorrow off to help any gafers through anything in honor of drizz.

Grinding story missions and quests raids whatever

Let meet know

Psn robdraggoo

Sullichin

Drizz, no. :(

My condolences to those here who have become friends with Drizzay through Destiny.

He was always great to play with, a positive energy and liked helping others. Thanks for all the raids, man.

I haven't played Destiny in a while and it's bittersweet seeing all the familiar names in this thread.

Thanks for setting this up Macello. Your plan sounds perfect to me.

Sounds good

I'm about to go to bed, where are we at on this one now? Sorry to quote the whole discussion thread, but it was buried & lost a few pages back.
Yeah, it doesn't look like it'll be happening in the next few hours, sadly. I'll be around at 9pm EST, though, if the others--or new challengers--are still willing to help you and Acidote kill Oryx.

Edit: Actually, like always, I'll be monitoring the thread, and am willing to make myself available for whenever anyone can get something to together if another is needed.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, it doesn't look like it'll be happening in the next few hours, sadly. I'll be around at 9pm EST, though, if the others--or new challengers--are still willing to help you and Acidote kill Oryx.

Edit: Actually, like always, I'll be monitoring the thread, and am willing to make myself available for whenever anyone can get something to together if another is needed.
I can help with this at 9pm EST if there is still a need for it and this is PS4 we're talking about?

Skele7on

Banned
I've sent a message to DeeJ just waiting for him to respond now.
He's only back in the office today from Germany.
Hopefully I'll hear back soon. #shipfordrizzay

I'm jumping on now so if anyone wants to play some iron banner or something drop me a message.
PSN: Drubbed

hypernima

Banned

6vapCDR.jpg

Add me and we can be lost and learn together! PSN: Omicronpro

Ok, I'll try & wake up around then.

Simbo

Neo Member
I visit DestinyGaf daily although mainly as a lurker. Drizzay offered to help me get to the Lighthouse although it never happened due to me being on Xbox and time differences.

I can only echo what everyone else has said and that he was ALWAYS there to help people no matter what the activity. What a guy.

I've noticed that a few people have joined the clan he set up but what about starting a new one?! 'Drizzay Forever' or something......that way his name will forever be on people's nameplates.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hi everyone,

I'll post this a few times in the lead up to the next OT. It's coming up quicker than I thought, but Ghaleon mentioned that it can run a little long if needed as we get everything set up.

I'd like OT42 to simply be a giant tribute to Drizz. It's the very least he deserves for the hours, days, and weeks of his life he devoted to this outstanding community.

I am now collecting any words from the community they'd like to share for this tribute. I know that a lot of us have already posted about the impact he's made on our lives. For the OT, I was thinking that instead of thoughts on his passing, we could include individual memories or stories from each of us, to celebrate the countless times we collectvely had the honor of having him on our fireteams.

If you would like your thoughts included in this tribute, please send me a PM with a single story or memory from your time with Drizz. If you have any accompanying screenshots or video from the story, please include them in your PM as well.

If you already did this with a post in this thread and would like those words included, please just PM me a copy-paste of that post, or a direct link to it.

I'd love it if the OT stood as something we could send his wife a link to, as a demonstration of the enormous impact he had on everyone here.

Also, I haven't settled on a title yet for OT42. Of the suggestions I've seen so far, I think that |OT♦42| Embrace the Not-Knowing is my favorite as it's a direct quote from him, and a wonderful sentiment; relevant, and serious, but not exactly sad- a lesson. But I think it should be named whatever the consensus is in the community, so please voice your opinions.

Finally, just in case you haven't seen it yet, Macello had the excellent idea to send a "Guardian Angel" flower bouquet on behalf of the community, and set up a GoFundMe page for its purchase. The total has been more than cleared and the flowers have been purchased, but the excess will be going to Drizz's wife to help with expenses or to be donated if she prefers. That fund is still open here: https://www.gofundme.com/2hnnm9he

There has been discussion of setting up one or more charity steams in his honor as well if you'd prefer to take part in that.

Keep the stories coming. I've already teared up more than once opening my inbox.

Thank you all for everything you have done to make this community something I want to be a part of. Drizz represented the best in all of us.

-Hawk

zethren

Banned
I've mainly been a lurker in DGAF, but I wanted to offer my condolences to those in here who truly knew Drizzay... My heart goes out to you guys, and his family.

A story from Drizz:

CxgbRBb.jpg

This was my Titan's look when I first hit Lv30 back in vanilla (yes that is a 1920 grimoire). I had the most insane luck ever and got arms, chest and legs to drop on my very first VoG clear. I had no idea how crazy that was at the time. Then Xur sold Inmost Light and I had all 4 gear pieces... except now I needed ~75 ascendant shards to max it out back when shards were super hard to get. I actually made 3 characters just to farm the daily public events and story missions for shards.

I took that picture once I finally hit level cap, all the way back on October 2, 2014 (one of the first Lv30's I assume). VoG gear plus my first exotic armor plus Atheon's Epilogue with Chatterwhite. Really reminds me of why I fell in love with this game in the first place, still a #TitanMasterRace at heart :p

XenoRaven

I like "Embrace the Not-Knowing" because I feel like "Guardian Down" focuses too much on the negative. For an OT dedicated to Drizz I prefer it would embody who Drizz was, what he valued, and what he meant to us over us focusing on what we've lost. My two cents.

lt519

While this title fits in this situation, Drizzay never wanted the OT's to have a negative or sad title.

Very true, he was adamant about this when the tone was negative around here during Hard Mode raid releases. It should stay positive but still be a tribute.

Kyoufu

I like "Embrace the Not-Knowing" because I feel like "Guardian Down" focuses too much on the negative. For an OT dedicated to Drizz I prefer it would embody who Drizz was, what he valued, and what he meant to us over us focusing on what we've lost. My two cents.

I agree with this.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Aghh fine, just for today, just for YOU drizz

#TitanMasterRace

Very true, he was adamant about this when the tone was negative around here during Hard Mode raid releases. It should stay positive but still be a tribute.
That's exactly what I was thinking. "Guardian Down" is pretty much how I feel inside... it's about the emptiness and sadness of someone being gone. I can't help feeling that way. But I think it's not how he would have wanted us to feel. Embrace the Not-Knowing feels like a classic Dr. Drizzay lesson. Good advice that just happens to be relevant now more than ever.

edit: I am also a sucker for Douglas Adams, heh

Top Bottom