• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

I am disapoint with the Beta.

Not enough custmozibiltiy with the subclasses,
Voidwalker in D1 you could make so many different builds for differnt purposes, an exlody Bloom build, a Hunger build that generates grenade energy.

but lol in D2, Warlocks barely can ever use their abiliteis, the reacharge rate is so slow.

placing Shotties, Fusions and Snipers into Heavy makes me sad. It feel like everything is running on Primary in two slots. In Single Player, I enjoyed using Fusion to take down shileds.

the 4v4 in Control seems less fun than D1's 6v6 Control. Nades and Melee are way too weak, what's the point of abilities if they nerfed so much?

I played 4 PvP games where my Super Bar never got full. Even on a bad match, in D1 you would at least get a chance to get there.

Kyne

I'm underwhelmed at best.
Gunplay doesn't feel nearly as tight as Destiny 1. I never really have a sense of when my shots are landing or not in this beta for some reason. I think the damage text is not prominent enough. The only way I can tell my shots are connecting or not is just staring at the opponents life bar, which doesn't help when I'm trying to aim.

After a couple of hours in Pvp my opinion steers this way as well. ^

I had no idea about the radar appearance delay until I stepped into a game. I don't like that one bit.

I'll pick it up again during the week to see if maybe it's just a new learning curve. Destiny's most prominent feature was the gun-play. If you take that away that I'm not too sure how well the longevity will keep..

KillLaCam

Banned
Is GAF Destiny gonna be on PC?

I was gonna get it on PS4 for Crucible but I don't think it's that fun. So I'll probably get it on PC for PvE and raids and stuff like that.

ramyeon

I could only play Homecoming and a handful of PVP matches before work this morning but I can't stop thinking about going home to play this.

I loved what I played. There are changes, yes. Some of them will take time to get used to, yes. If I could I would change things here and there, yes.

But I'll be damned if I wasn't having a blast.

zoodoo

If I buy the ps4 complete edition physical, do the expansions come as codes or are they on disc?

I saw it used for 25 but was afraid codes might have been used.

I'm still swaying on the heavy change. One one hand, its great that one team can't get the advantage just because of heavy spawn. One another, it seems like now you have to fight your own teammates for it.

I guess the way I see it its like Halo now (where everyone on the team rushes the one sniper/rocket)

Heavy weapons now.

I must have misinterpreted again.

I thought that the lower impact snipers (i.e. 20/20, Praedyths revenge) would be in the special while they heavy impact (i.e. Black Spindle, Longbow, etc...) were gonna be considered heavy. Same with shotguns.

I mean, the heavy snipers can't even one-shot most enemies. And yes, I'd expect them too if they're considered heavy class, now.

Quick thoughts on D2 Beta:

Shooting/primary, no nade+melee spam / 1 hit kill / LiTC feels GREAT.

Movement is sooooooooo slow :( I was hoping it would still feel good knowing it's slow and how good the primary game is but so far, not a good PvP impression ;(

Initial impressions were like a good 4 hours of PvP.

After taking a dinner break and then playing for a couple more hours after, I've started to enjoy PvP a lot more. I think it was very overwhelming initially. I do think they should increase the movement though which should, in turn, decrease TTK a tad and that would be awesome, I'd think.

In the end, I'm slightly less excited for the final game (as I was pre-Beta) but that should turn out to be a good thing. I'm also interested to see how PC plays.

jmartoine

but lol in D2, Warlocks barely can ever use their abiliteis, the reacharge rate is so slow.

That isn't a Warlock problem, that is a problem across the board with all of the subclasses. Ability and super recharge times are far too long, all players are left with is using their guns which gets boring as abilities are always on cooldown.

Sane_Man

As someone who hates pvp in Destiny I honestly feel like every change they've made is for the worse and the things that have stayed the same seem stale. I get the feeling it's different if you mainly play pvp. It just feels like a complete misfire for pve and makes me think Bungie have no clue what they're doing anymore.

3000 hours in Destiny 1 and I'm trying to figure out if I can cancel my pre order on PSN.

-data-

As someone who hates pvp in Destiny I honestly feel like every change they've made is for the worse and the things that have stayed the same seem stale. I get the feeling it's different if you mainly play pvp. It just feels like a complete misfire for pve and makes me think Bungie have no clue what they're doing anymore.

3000 hours in Destiny 1 and I'm trying to figure out if I can cancel my pre order on PSN.

My two cents:

How long it takes for you to get your super and abilities in PvE is a aggravating, for sure. I feel like I have less of a rhythm with my characters as I did before. Maybe this will change for launch, maybe we'll just get used to it.

I do feel like there are more nuances to the super abilities now that are just going to take more time to learn. That ultimately should be an awarding experience, truly mastering your class and getting every last drop out of it.

GlamFM

Banned
Very curious to see how the general perception changes over the next few days.

Because while I already liked it from the beginning I liked it even more this morning after a good sleep.

Very curious to see how the general perception changes over the next few days.

Because while I already liked it from the beginning I liked it even more this morning after a good sleep.

I'm eager to get my hands on it tonight (xbox) because impressions are all over the place.

Have to agree that ability and special charges too slowly in PvE and PvP.

But I wonder if that has to do with generic gear that provides no stat bonuses or other boosters that helped timers.

jmartoine

Quite a lot of negativity and misinformation going around which is feeding those impressions.

Very worrying to see people saying they thought patrol has been removed from the game or that loot is going to be identical for all players. Even that they loot pool is going to be tiny in the full game as they are getting duplicates.

My sentiments are that Bungie is making a mistake by not showing off some patrol as it would be a great chance to show how that has evolved from D1.

WipedOut

Here are my major complaints about the beta

PVE: movement speed needs increased. Titans are slow as molasses. Hunters felt pretty good but warlocks still have that horrible floaty jump.

Grenade, super regeneration needs recharge rate needs increased. Ammo needs to rain. Primaries need a massive buff as do power weapons. Everything felt super weak.

The Power weapons are a joke, not only is ammo rare, but they don't feel powerful at all.

Hand cannons felt crispy, everything else was pretty meh except for sweet business.

Supers felt underpowered. Two primaries is a horrible design choice for PVE, I really do not get this decision. Feels like this is the only way they could balance the game for PVP without losing the take your loadouts anywhere. Forsaken PVE for PVP

PVP: Titan movement speed needs increased. Reduced TTK. Grenade and super regeneration recharge rate needs increased

The ability and super charge rate feels way too slow. Maybe it's because of the beta gear, but if so, that's not a good way to show off the game. Not really into the weapon slots change either. The old primary/secondary/heavy system was nice and clear, now it seems that even being able to snipe will be a rarity.

PVE: movement speed needs increased. Titans are slow as molasses.
PVP: Titan movement speed needs increased. Reduced TTK.
Did you try adjusting your armor perks for more mobility? If I'm remembering right, the Titan starts with zero mobility. The default Titan armor is even of a low mobility, high resilience type, but new pieces can drop with a different focus.

GlamFM

Banned

PVE: movement speed needs increased. Titans are slow as molasses. Hunters felt pretty good but warlocks still have that horrible floaty jump.

Grenade, super regeneration needs recharge rate needs increased. Ammo needs to rain. Primaries need a massive buff as do power weapons. Everything felt super weak.

The Power weapons are a joke, not only is ammo rare, but they don't feel powerful at all.

Hand cannons felt crispy, everything else was pretty meh except for sweet business.

Supers felt underpowered. Two primaries is a horrible design choice for PVE, I really do not get this decision. Feels like this is the only way they could balance the game for PVP without losing the take your loadouts anywhere. Forsaken PVE for PVP

PVP: Titan movement speed needs increased. Reduced TTK. Grenade and super regeneration recharge rate needs increased

That´s the new thing about armor stats though - right?

We will find armors that will increase our agility. I´d assume that the BETA armor is very basic low tier stuff.

LiK

I'm still swaying on the heavy change. One one hand, its great that one team can't get the advantage just because of heavy spawn. One another, it seems like now you have to fight your own teammates for it.

I guess the way I see it its like Halo now (where everyone on the team rushes the one sniper/rocket)

I must have misinterpreted again.

I thought that the lower impact snipers (i.e. 20/20, Praedyths revenge) would be in the special while they heavy impact (i.e. Black Spindle, Longbow, etc...) were gonna be considered heavy. Same with shotguns.

I mean, the heavy snipers can't even one-shot most enemies. And yes, I'd expect them too if they're considered heavy class, now.

I dunno about Snipers but when I was using the Shotgun, it was tearing apart the yellow barred enemies super fast.

njd_online

Banned
Really interesting to hear the opinions come in. I only put about 600 hours into D1 and have held off on D2 pre order as it just didn't seem different enough (will end up getting it though for sure ha)

Whats the Discord situation? I want more immediate feedback whilst at work :'(

Invite please, someone xxxx

WipedOut

Did you try adjusting your armor perks for more mobility? If I'm remembering right, the Titan starts with zero mobility. The default Titan armor is even of a low mobility, high resilience type, but new pieces can drop with a different focus.

Yes, I adjusted everything, still slow on titan, even messed with the different jumps. It's just off (titan jump)

We will find armors that will increase our agility. I´d assume that the BETA armor is very basic low tier stuff.

Hopefully this is like the early parts of D1 where we just have really shitty armor and weapons. Still salty about the change to two primary, makes zero sense for PVE. It screams change for the sake of PVP.

I will say that I actually enjoyed PVP with the new loadouts though. This coming from a person that hated D1 PVP.

I will say that I actually enjoyed PVP with the new loadouts though. This coming from a person that hated D1 PVP.

See, this both excites and scares me... I wasn't a huge fan of pvp initially in D1, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't grow on me a bit. And the changes to PVP sound awesome. I like the focus on gunplay, smaller battles, less super spam, etc... But this is great for pvp only, doesn't sound exciting for pve.

So my fear is they're adjusting a lot for pvp this time around and ruining the pve experience... I really hope to be proven wrong, because I anticipated dumping a ton of time into this damn game and can't wait for it to come out... But my initial impression on the changes seem to hurt the pve experience that I enjoyed so much in D1. Destiny is a pve experience first for me with the added bonus of having pvp on the side. I'd hate to see them shift their focus to pvp this time around and make the pve stuff less fun.

Again, hope to be proven wrong... I'm just a bit nervous right now, ha.

WipedOut

See, this both excites and scares me... I wasn't a huge fan of pvp initially in D1, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't grow on me a bit. And the changes to PVP sound awesome. I like the focus on gunplay, smaller battles, less super spam, etc... But this is great for pvp only, doesn't sound exciting for pve.

So my fear is they're adjusting a lot for pvp this time around and ruining the pve experience... I really hope to be proven wrong, because I anticipated dumping a ton of time into this damn game and can't wait for it to come out... But my initial impression on the changes seem to hurt the pve experience that I enjoyed so much in D1. Destiny is a pve experience first for me with the added bonus of having pvp on the side. I'd hate to see them shift their focus to pvp this time around and make the pve stuff less fun.

Again, hope to be proven wrong... I'm just a bit nervous right now, ha.

They have been ruining PVE since the first patch to hit Destiny 1

I like the fact that supers charge slower, it makes pvp more honest. If you want to have a super, you need to work for it.
You got lots of other shooters on the market available just for gunplay.

Abilities was what defined Classes and Subclasses.

I waa a big fan of "builds"

They have been ruining PVE since the first patch to hit Destiny 1

While I agree, I still very much enjoy it. I don't play D1 nearly as often as I used to, but still hop on here and there and honestly have a blast just running strikes. More often than not I just feel like a total badass at times, running into an army of enemies and being able to blast a horde with a rocket, followed by picking off a few in the distance with a scout/pulse, only to turn and shotgun a few other enemies that managed to sneak up on me... all while mixing it up with melee/grenade/super stuff... Just awesome. And the weapon change just bothers me when thinking about stuff like that. The shotgun/fusion/sniper being a heavy in pvp is fine, that crap annoyed me anyway in multi. But pve? I don't see how this doesn't just ruin the fun.

Everything about D2 is just really strange so far and it's like they're just stripping away the variety/depth in a lot of areas. I always thought D1 kept advancing in the right direction and assumed D2 would be deeper and offer even more variety, but it's been the complete opposite so far. They get rid of random stat rolls on items (which i still stand by, they were a good thing for this type of game), they eliminate loadout variety by giving us two primary guns and moving everything else to heavy, they reduce the amount of class options/nodes to select... Like, what the hell?

They need to deal with the recharge time. It just seems so slow. Maybe it's just because the characters aren't optimized, but still it takes for ever for grenades. Also, supers burn out way to fast.

I was down on the Hunter but man chaining knife attacks with dodges is super op. dodge attack dodge attack. It'll be the first thing nerfed.

Freeman76

I bought Rise of Iron at release and didnt get very far as I was a bit burned out by then. Have they added anything new in the way of gear/systems/ etc since then?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Decided to get my old HK PSN account details so installing now on the PS4 and gonna check it out in abit.

I bought Rise of Iron at release and didnt get very far as I was a bit burned out by then. Have they added anything new in the way of gear/systems/ etc since then?

You got the Age of Triumph update from late March. http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Age_of_Triumph

I stopped playing Feb 2016 and got back into it around April this year and been having a blast.

Wallach

The thing that really worries me on this front is that the first mission you actually are not supposed to be basic and low tier. You're going to experience an enormous power drop when they give you the Metroid treatment at the conclusion of that story beat. The classes and weapons already feel weak at the outset, just how pathetic are they going to feel after the story beat and power reset happens?

I mean even the legendary and exotic weapons during that mission feel pretty trash, god knows I do not want to see D2's equivalent of the Kalashnikov.

The thing that really worries me on this front is that the first mission you actually are not supposed to be basic and low tier. You're going to experience an enormous power drop when they give you the Metroid treatment at the conclusion of that story beat. The classes and weapons already feel weak at the outset, just how pathetic are they going to feel after the story beat and power reset happens?

I mean even the legendary and exotic weapons during that mission feel pretty trash, god knows I do not want to see D2's equivalent of the Kalashnikov.

The enemies and their damage output/mitigation will all be scaled down at that point as well.

GlamFM

Banned

Don´t think that the power levels are indicative of anything.

This is literally a vertical slice.

They just put you at LL 200 and go.

Kalamari

You still have the minor abilities that charge more quickly, such as the Titan shield wall, that people haven't had much time to experiment with, they could benefit your team just as much as a super would. If you use them strategically.

I have a feeling there will still be builds. We have only see a fraction of the loot in the beta.

Slower movement doesn't bother me at all, it just forces you to be more conscious of your positioning. Knowing when you are at a disadvantage in a gun fight and knowing how to retreat is important, don't overexpose yourself when it's not necessary.

Top Bottom