• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT5| New patch out Tues., Master Rahool reportedly crying into his robes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've deleted over 12 characters trying to make the perfect character.

Eventually I gave up...

On the plus side you can run through the intro mission skipping everyone, automatically hit level 2 (It's a checkpoint) kill the "boss" at the ship and get to the tower rather speedily.

yeah I found that out around launch. Thank goodness!

I have probably deleted 20 characters.

I have to find a solid replacement for The Truth before I can use it.

I wanted to end that sentence with "unfortunately" but that would be obnoxious.

Juggling exotics is hard. It is worse when you have more of them then legendaries. Don't even know how that happened, but I only have like 4 legendary weapons and 7 or 8 exotics.

Stantron

If a group of 6 start a raid, make it to the last part, and one member drops, can another person join who was not part of the original group to finish the raid?

E92 M3

Do you guys with Ice Breakers have it where the stats change when different bullet types are selected? I never see the range and stability change. Also, missed shots are never returned to the clip and enemies never combust. I'm wondering if something is glitched.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think at the end of the day, the Vex are my favorite enemies to fight. Something really cool/mysterious about them.
im waiting to stop being intimidated by minotaurs. I've killed hundreds, of them. it's that fucking teleport when they still have an overshield.

Bizazedo

I want it, but I don't think it'll be as good as the Helm of Saint-14 or Helm of Inmost Light due to its upgrades.

I think it has potential with a Juggernaut / Shotgun style build in PvP, but yeah, it's probably the worst of the 3.

Is the Saint one a "normal" drop or is it Raid?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Namikaze/Shoes Nightfall down! Woot! I could literally do these alone all night and still have fun with it :D

edit: brb a while for guild stuff, then i'm back for more

Hey Hawkian have you found any decent runs to do for coins? I have a feeling Im not going to make enough in time to get that AR. D:

patchday

I gambled with Xur and got my dream helm. Hold me. ;-;

164d1b21b495a896d940619a4868df41_zps80cb476b.jpg

ooooo nice

Frenden

Banned
I really hope they let you reroll your face in the tower at some point. My exo is straight up fugly, but both this subclasses are leveled and he's too deep in to delete.

Stoze

Got some of my best K/D ratios with a scout doing the daily stuff. Just got to stay away from choke points and keep your range.

It's usable sure, but so is every weapon. I've done good with it as well, but I'd rather use a sniper at really long range, and a handcannon at mid to close range. Pulse rifles fill the non-sniper ranged weapon niche far better than the scout rifle does imo, especially ones with high stability and the full auto upgrade.

I gambled with Xur and got my dream helm. Hold me. ;-;

164d1b21b495a896d940619a4868df41_zps80cb476b.jpg

Congrats!!

I want it, but I don't think it'll be as good as the Helm of Saint-14 or Helm of Inmost Light due to its upgrades.

It's funny my friend playing Hunter got the Saint-14 from a legendary engram. Needless to say I was super jelly. I have the helm of inmost light but I'm holding off on upgrading it all the way because I want dat Saint-14 for my defender subclass.

Eh, overrated. The guy who has the gun completed the hard mode raid, meaning that he's probably a top tier player to begin with. Seeing as how there is no 'rank' system in PvP...yeah, anyone can look good against others when you're that good ._.

Gun is a glorified scout rifle IMO.

Exactly, first off you're watching a video of a highlight match on youtube. Can you say anecdotal evidence? Most of them have not experienced it outside of the video. I'm a little dissapointed at people on GAF for being so quick to anger like the bungie forums over first impressions. We watched a video of a hunter with a revolver and a sniper rifle annihilating everyone easily making his weapons look godly. If we look hard enough I'm sure we can find an insane match of someone using a Suros doing the exact same thing. Yes it need's some tweaking. But based on the numbers it does 45 per chest shot, 56 per critical with a 21 shot capacity. The fire rate is about the same as the suros which does 35, 45 critical respectively with a 33 round mag. Is it better than the suros, yes, by a huge margin? Not really. We don't even know the recoil or fire rate of this rifle yet. It's possible it has massive recoil and he's just handling it really well. Anyone have this weapon yet and care to comment? Did the guy have his weapon maxed, or is this base. We need to be asking these questions before we just jump all over this.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey Hawkian have you found any decent runs to do for coins? I have a feeling Im not going to make enough in time to get that AR. D:
It's getting pretty close...

Assuming you've done the weekly at 28 of course..I'd split the time, an hour of public events, an hour of crucible, an hour of chest runs

How many do you need?

Cynn

Do you guys with Ice Breakers have it where the stats change when different bullet types are selected? I never see the range and stability change. Also, missed shots are never returned to the clip and enemies never combust. I'm wondering if something is glitched.
The explosion effect is tiny. It's less noticeable than a scout rifle with exploding rounds by far. I've seen it happen but not every kill and it does nothing if you kill with a headshot. Still.. Best exotic in game by far. I solo multi skull lvl 28 missions with it.

It's usable sure, but so is every weapon. I've done good with it as well, but I'd rather use a sniper at really long range, and a handcannon at mid to close range. Pulse rifles fill the non-sniper ranged weapon niche far better than the scout rifle does imo, especially ones with high stability and the full auto upgrade.

It could be that I'm just no good with the sniper, can't get use to the extra zoom, and I just use the scout for all my mid to long range stuff. I'm able to take out auto users that are going to me shooting before I die, and I'm not even any good.

dstarMDA

For high-level PvE, is the Monte Carlo viable or is the Suros seriously better ? I can buy it and didn't want to, but you make me wonder if I won't regret it later...

This gun is goddamn ugly while the MC is pure class

BraXzy

I just thought of an awesome Exotic weapon idea. Have an average weapon, something secondary maybe, but it isn't particularly insane stat-wise. But it's main exotic feature would be an upgrade tree with each elemental type that you can toggle between. So depending on the situation you could always deal eoth an enemy.

Parakeetman

It's getting pretty close...

Assuming you've done the weekly at 28 of course..I'd split the time, an hour of public events, an hour of crucible, an hour of chest runs

How many do you need?

Im at 17? I think currently and cleared out all the weekly stuff. D: Ive been getting shards instead of coins with weekly events and from chests everything but coins lol.

I've got a bit of a dilemma, and need some feedback/answer for a somewhat complex question:

I'm a Titan, currently level 28.

I have a fully upgraded Helm of Inmost Light, and for the rest of my armor I have a fully upgraded Armada Type 3 chest piece, and currently working on the final upgrades for Armada Type 3 Gauntlets and DURGA-GNT Type 0 legs.

I purchased the (very awesome looking) Crest of Alpha Lupi from Xur (when I should have attempted to save 5 more coins to buy SUROS) thinking I would make some slight alterations to my armor load out.

If I fully upgrade the Crest of Alpha Lupi, and then fully upgrade the legendary Queen's Guard Helm, and would those give me more light/be better than what I have currently equipped?

E92 M3

The explosion effect is tiny. It's less noticeable than a scout rifle with exploding rounds by far. I've seen it happen but not every kill and it does nothing if you kill with a headshot. Still.. Best exotic in game by far. I solo multi skull lvl 28 missions with it.

Ah - interesting it doesn't activate on headshot.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Im at 17? I think currently and cleared out all the weekly stuff. D: Ive been getting shards instead of coins with weekly events and from chests everything but coins lol.

that's how it will always, always feel lol. engrams can turn into them to, but I wouldn't really think farming would be that much faster... sucks!

edit: Just to ease the blow, people are making a big deal out of that gun, but an exotic primary isn't even always the best idea. There are tons of ridiculous machine guns to get your hands on. Plus their range is
thankfully
getting nerfed

Wallach

I've got a bit of a dilemma, and need some feedback/answer for a somewhat complex question:

I'm a Titan, currently level 28.

I have a fully upgraded Helm of Inmost Light, and for the rest of my armor I have a fully upgraded Armada Type 3 chest piece, and currently working on the final upgrades for Armada Type 3 Gauntlets and DURGA-GNT Type 0 legs.

I purchased the (very awesome looking) Crest of Alpha Lupi from Xur (when I should have attempted to save 5 more coins to buy SUROS) thinking I would make some slight alterations to my armor load out.

If I fully upgrade the Crest of Alpha Lupi, and then fully upgrade the legendary Queen's Guard Helm, and would those give me more light/be better than what I have currently equipped?

It would be the same assuming the # of upgrades purchased was equal. Light values are the same on all slots, it only varies by item quality. Exotics will cap out at 30 Light, non-raid legendaries will cap at 27 Light.

Parakeetman

that's how it will always, always feel lol. engrams can turn into them to, but I wouldn't really think farming would be that much faster... sucks!

edit: Just to ease the blow, people are making a big deal out of that gun, but an exotic primary isn't even always the best idea. There are tons of ridiculous machine guns to get your hands on. Plus their range is
thankfully
getting nerfed

Did get 2 coins from a purple en, though yeah coin gain is not nearly fast enough to make it. D:

I already have super good advice for my MG

and I have the exotic bounty for thorn BUUUUUUUUUT fucking bungie servers decided to kick me out last night when I was winning when soloing that shit. D:

oneils

So for those hoarding their legendary engrams - have you decoded them yet? The new patch is converting them to rare. Wow.

Little Fascist

Neo Member
For high-level PvE, is the Monte Carlo viable or is the Suros seriously better ? I can buy it and didn't want to, but you make me wonder if I won't regret it later...

This gun is goddamn ugly while the MC is pure class

The Suros deals more damage per shot and has a buff that isn't worthless to high level PVE as most melee skills are used in urgency and you can't really use them effectively because you'll be killed immediately.

The ROF is higher on the Monte Carlo though, so if that's your bag, have at it.

PVP wise, a bladedancer with the Monte Carlo, escape artist, and a shotgun is really something to marvel at.

BadAss2961

Juggling exotics is hard. It is worse when you have more of them then legendaries. Don't even know how that happened, but I only have like 4 legendary weapons and 7 or 8 exotics.
Talk about first world problems. I'm still a peasant fucking around with a couple rare weapons.

It would be the same assuming the # of upgrades purchased was equal. Light values are the same on all slots, it only varies by item quality. Exotics will cap out at 30 Light, non-raid legendaries will cap at 27 Light.

So if I upgrade all of my currently equipped legendary armor, will that get me to level 30? It doesn't seem like it will.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Did get 2 coins from a purple en, though yeah coin gain is not nearly fast enough to make it. D:

I already have super good advice for my MG

and I have the exotic bounty for thorn BUUUUUUUUUT fucking bungie servers decided to kick me out last night when I was winning when soloing that shit. D:
thorn's getting buffed, and SGA is... sillyish. it's usable but not how I'd typically use my exotic slot.
So for those hoarding their legendary engrams - have you decoded them yet? The new patch is converting them to rare. Wow.
yes, i have, wearing a Blessing of the Gifted.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Man I'm debating if I should use my shards to level up to 29. I have one piece of raid armor (legs) that needs the last 3 upgrades, my legendary gear (arm and chest) need the last 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom