• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT5| New patch out Tues., Master Rahool reportedly crying into his robes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bsigg12

A lot of people seem to be having a difficult time in the PvP. Obviously better gear and weapons help, but a good player will still be able to win on the strength of skill most of the time, especially with the damage bonuses disabled.

I just got MVP in the last match I played but it was on Bastion and everyone kept running into my Fusion Rifle because it's the only gun I have worth using. Skill does play into it but when your guns are completely outmatched (i.e. an enemy auto rifle that is both more accurate and has a larger clip) it makes it difficult to overcome the gap.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Might be OK for pvp or as a void lock but for sunsinger pve, its pretty crap. Health on super use isn't great when you use your super to revive yourself most of the time.

Yeah, but it's definitely fantastic for a void lock.

oneils

level 24 and its fucking impossible to get anything that isn't blue. I only have 2 legendary items and one is a shader and the other is a Titan Mark. and I'm pretty sure I got one if not both of this things from redeemable codes.

How in the fuck is everyone getting all of this good shit? What am I doing wrong?

At level 24, the trick is to get more legendary equipment. Need to level up your vanguard rank and getting vanguard marks to do that. Keep doing vanguard bounties, strikes or patrols to get your rank up. This can take a while, but it is the main way to get legendaries. You can get marks by farming materials and handing them into the vanguard quartermaster.

Or, until October 6, do some bounties and missions for the Queen of the Awoken. You can get legendaries from these missions. Hawkian has a good post on this up above. His guides are also in the OP.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
A lot of people seem to be having a difficult time in the PvP. Obviously better gear and weapons help, but a good player will still be able to win on the strength of skill most of the time, especially with the damage bonuses disabled.
the more I play the more I agree. you have to know your limits obviously but I'm really not comfortable saying pvp is "unbalanced" right now. especially after the ar nerf coming

the biggest difference 20 makes is actually all the build/class stuff, more than weapons.

Chamber, I can't friend add you, but I set my fireteam to public

leehom

the more I play the more I agree. you have to know your limits obviously but I'm really not comfortable saying pvp is "unbalanced" right now. especially after the ar nerf coming

the biggest difference 20 makes is actually all the build/class stuff, more than weapons.

What about me if he doesnt join?

Fitts

Hm, thanks.

BTW the Vex Mithyoclast is awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQeIlojbuz0

I see nothing awesome with rewarding the player an easy mode difficulty setting for beating what is supposedly the toughest piece of content. This gun takes literally all challenge (see: fun!) out of the game. It would be fine if it was highly exclusive like, say, it was only awarded to the first team to complete the raid, (i.e. a total of 6 exist) but as a random reward that one can attempt an infinite number of times to obtain its existence is absolutely absurd.

Unless it's significantly nerfed, should I ever get one I'll be dismantling it and posting the video capture to YouTube.

How do I join you without having you as a friend? Since PSN has been crap all night..

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What about me if he doesnt join?
sure, if it will let you.

This is amateur hour guys. This really puts things in perspective for me about all the people raging at Destiny for its contents. I can't play with people right now just because the PSN infrastructure can't handle the additional load its own promotional weekend brought onto its servers? Someone at Sony is getting cheeeeewed out right now.

Iceman829

If anyone needs a squad mate on xb1 for another hour or so I will be around. Hunter 27 and Titan 24. Feel free to hit me up. GT - Iceman829

leehom

sure, if it will let you.

This is amateur hour guys. This really puts things in perspective for me about all the people raging at Destiny for its contents. I can't play with people right now just because the PSN infrastructure can't handle the additional load its own promotional weekend brought onto its servers? Someone at Sony is getting cheeeeewed out right now.

Whats your psn name?

Crucible sucks so much dick if you're not 20+. You might have a stat boost but it means jack shit when everyone else is using better overall weapons.

The crucible is the prime example of that "twitch shooter, Saw-You-First-So-I-Win" nonsense that I hate so much in competitive FPS gaming. If you're not going in with a solid, strategic 6-man team of friends, forget it. Playing with randoms is horrendous. Rumble is horrendous. The balancing (i.e. Lack of) is horrendous.

The only way to win consistently is to keep a constant flow of communication between your team members and always, always move together and have each other's backs. If you're out in the middle of the map on your own trying to pull a one man show, forget it.

Seeing that Vex Mythoclast being used that way in crucible made me sick. Talk about some unfair bullshit.

MarkusRJR

Can anyone confirm whether or not your saves carry over from Xbox One to Xbox 360 (eg. Started playing on Xbox One but want to play 360 version, will my progress automatically be loaded up from Bungie's servers)? I know it works Xbox 360 -> Xbox One, no one can tell me whether it works in reverse.

Thanks in advance if you know the answer.

Yeezus

I just got MVP in the last match I played but it was on Bastion and everyone kept running into my Fusion Rifle because it's the only gun I have worth using. Skill does play into it but when your guns are completely outmatched (i.e. an enemy auto rifle that is both more accurate and has a larger clip) it makes it difficult to overcome the gap.

Unfortunately, that's just the nature of this kind of game, but there are plenty of ways to play off of others. People running around with ranged autos and shotguns is what's happening right now. Out ranging the shotguns with a fusion rifle is smart, but finding the rifle sweet spot is key (primary for a reason). Try to obtain a short clip legendary or hushed silverwind and find the sweet spot where you can accurately fire at them, while maintaining a gap that benefits your rate of fire.

Vire

Does dismantling a maxed out legendary give you more ascendant shards back? Thinking about "upgrading" to this exotic.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Cant search for new friends? See a new friend request notification but cant actually see to accept it? Fear not!! Follow this easy steps!!

Easy steps

Invite your new friend to a Voice Party Chat.
Make sure your FIRETEAM PRIVACY is set to PUBLIC.
Tell your new friend to go to Party Chat, select the fireteam leader, press OPTIONS and select JOIN SESSION.
BoOM!!!! Now your new friend that is NOT in your friend list can play with you!!

Be advice.. When forming a Fireteam of 6 and using this method; After someone joins the fireteam the Fireteam Privacy sometimes changes to FRIENDS Only... Make sure its on PUBLIC all the time.

Hope that helps everyone get groups going when PSN gives us Headache!

NOTE: New to posting on Reddit... Tried my best! This got removed from /r/DestinyTheGame i guess from having Fireteam word... New to reddit dont know what to do haha.

//xploz1on
already added you.
"cannot add to friends" jeeeeeeeeeeesus.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Awesome, thanks. Do you have a specific preference between the two? The causing targets to explode on Aries sounds pretty awesome but I'm a bit worried about the fire rate.

I like the dragon more for the focus lens fla5 scope. I got my ares from a drop so the upgrades are much different than the ones from the weapons merchant. Before you get either of them take a look at the upgrades and see what fits your play style.

lyrick

The crucible is the prime example of that "twitch shooter, Saw-You-First-So-I-Win" nonsense that I hate so much in competitive FPS gaming. If you're not going in with a solid, strategic 6-man team of friends, forget it. Playing with randoms is horrendous. Rumble is horrendous. The balancing (i.e. Lack of) is horrendous.

The only way to win consistently is to keep a constant flow of communication between your team members and always, always move together and have each other's backs. If you're out in the middle of the map on your own trying to pull a one man show, forget it.

Seeing that Vex Mythoclast being used that way in crucible made me sick. Talk about some unfair bullshit.

The worst part about it is that it is nothing more than six or seven different versions of deathmatch. Even the game modes that rely on an objective based goal (like control or salvage) still have a heavier weight on kills than the objective.

It's actually really fucking depressing, how piss poor it all is.

Exotic bounty acquired! Invective.

1060.gif

Vire

I dismantled my maxed out legendary boots and they gave me the standard 2 shards I'm used to receiving so I would go with no.
Bummer, add that to another list of small things that annoy me to no end in Destiny.

Thanks though!

One other thing, can I run the raid multiple times to at least get the chest rewards (cough ascendant shards) or is that also locked out?

ZangBa

How am I supposed to get these ascendant shards yo. :(

Ruthlessly abuse legitimate mechanics until they are patched out, I got like 35 shards on deck right now. Otherwise, you will have to settle for buying gear with marks and dismantling them, leveling alts high enough so you can park them near public event spawns, and doing the daily mission at level 28.

jay23

Sometimes I just love pissing people off in crucible. I'll run around the map like a ninja using my hunter class with invis, shotgun, and backstab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom