• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: Traditional "very directed" campaign story; entire solar system explorable

KoopaTheCasual

So relieved to hear directly from then that there is a dedicated campaign story line. Even if I have to be online, I can actually enjoy this entire game as a single player experience, which is great. This is the one game that I will tolerate "persistent online experience" bullshit, because from it's inception, online seemed pretty necessary to pull off such an ambitious project. I don't take Bungie for the devs that would gun for a shameless money grab.

is this game online only?
Sadly yes.

ENTIRE Solar System? Damn!!

Anyone has the list of vehicle unlock codes? It was in one of the older threads... :(

EDIT: Found it!

CODE 1: YKA-RJG-MH9 (WARLOCK)
CODE 2: 3DA-P4X-F6A (HUNTER)
CODE 3: MVD-4N3-NKH (TITAN)
CODE 4: TCN-HCD-TGY (RIXIS)
CODE 5: HDX-ALM-V4K (OLD RUSSIA)
CODE 6: 473-MXR-3X9 (HIVE)
CODE 7: JMR-LFN-4A3 (MOON)
CODE 8: HC3-H44-DKC (GJALLARHORN)
CODE 9: 69P-KRM-JJA (DUKE MK.44)
CODE 10: 69P-VCH-337 (THE TOWER)

I've always wanted Bungie to stop flirting with the concept of open environments and just go full blown open world. This sounds fantastic. My PS4 is ready for some Bungie!

Ogimachi

Entire solar system? I hope that doesn't mean they're gonna come up with shit science to somehow set foot on Jupiter and the other gas giants.

Respawn

Banned
I would love to explore Saturn and Jupiter, they've always been my favorite planets =D

I am curious of how we could enter Venus since the atmosphere is incredibly hot. Do we have large vessels that can overcome the heat? Or did we Terraform the planet ?

Okay maybe I am just overthinking this
Wink_Razz_emoticon.gif

Not sure if serious or you didn't see any of the trailers? Yeah your overthinking it. The technology that exist in that world is beyond anything that you can compare with our tech with any relevance. Think StarTrek and metaphasic shielding.

ironcreed

Banned
This game sounds so amazing. But it being essentially an MMO without a subscription, I can't help but be worried about how nefarious the microtransactions might be.

Pillville

Hope they aren't getting too ambitious with the content. Campaign is nice but if it's going to take resources away from the Coop and Competitive I'd rather they not include it.

I'm the exact opposite. Give me a good, huge campaign. Leave the competitive crap to COD.

twl

Banned

Anyone has the list of vehicle unlock codes? It was in one of the older threads... :(

Missed a few :p

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...s_a_complete_list_of_all_the_destiny_trading/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
PM me with details, plz. We weren't able to send any Bungie people this year.
I'm on it as soon as I've eaten dinner.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Exploration in this game sounds like it could be the game changer. I really enjoy exploring around in games. Even the most linear games take me much longer to complete because I like to explore every nook and cranny in the corridor.

I really hope this whole project comes together. Sound very ambitious.

This game sounds stupid and I don't want to play it.

Or rather, that's what I tell myself so I don't get upset about the fact that it might never come to PC :(

All the info surrounding this title sounds nice thus far; I may potentially cop this for the Playstation 3 once I see some more footage.

Where do you enter these?

I like the concept, but I'm worried about the multiplayer modes. A team deathmatch tacked on into this cohesive world would totally suck IMO.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I really hope this game lives up to the hype, it sounds amazing right now.

Pretty much. If done right, this could be one of the best new IPs this gen. I just hope they don't splinter the population with sequels, but build with expansions instead.

Pretty much. If done right, this could be one of the best new IPs this gen. I just hope they don't splinter the population with sequels, but build with expansions instead.
There will be sequels, with expansions in the years between the sequels, called "Comet".

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The amount of WTFness on just what this game is trying to be and will actually be is high.

Can't wait for the beta to finally hear from gamers on just what this game actually is in practice.

Corto

This is getting better and better. This game will be the archetypical next-gen game in its genre that all others will try to emulate.

StaSeb

I still do not really have an idea on how this game will play, how it feels and why I would want to play it. Even after all that information and the E3-gameplay. I find that part frustrating and part exciting. I really hope Bungie has something truly new and unique going on there and does not taint it too much with grind/microtransactions.

I am really looking forward to the beta and its impact on the gaming-community.

I would love to explore Saturn and Jupiter, they've always been my favorite planets =D

I am curious of how we could enter Venus since the atmosphere is incredibly hot. Do we have large vessels that can overcome the heat? Or did we Terraform the planet ?

Okay maybe I am just overthinking this
Wink_Razz_emoticon.gif

Well here is Venus's description:

Once a scientific research settlement for humanity, it has now become engulfed in a jungle and a sulphuric storm rages. The buildings are being eroded away by the ocean but at its centre is the Vex citadel, a tower with an unknown purpose.

So I am assuming they are just saying fuck it with real world shit.

broony

We have no idea how "big" the five different locations are, it might very well be on-par with Halo 1-4. It's also not really an explorable solar system when you can only visit 3 planetoids, with the rest becoming available in Destiny 2-X.
So each planet has multiple 'destinations'. Some of the ones we know are moon - hell mouth , moon - moon base, moon - accelerator, earth - cosmodrome, earth - forest and so on. So each planet has multiple places or 'destinations' within it.

They said the limit on a single destination was 2 km by 2 km. they also said that the entire halo reach geometry could fit within one of the destinations they are working on.

Top Bottom