• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny's "Raids" Thread: "Vault of Glass" is OPEN

Kaiken

Banned
Count me in as the raid not looking fun but overly frustrating, maybe a group of level 30 changes that if there's a way of getting that level without the raid.

LiK

Someone beat it.

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/511972115776425984

Bxrj7Q1CAAE_UJC.jpg

And it was on Normal? D:

Afrocious

I've done plenty of raids in MMO's. They usually give you abilities that in case of a mess up, you can use it. Destiny doesn't do that. I can't imagine the Hard version of this raid.

Really? I've only played TOR and WoW and I can't remember such abilities unless you're talking about rezzing.

Irnbru

I've done plenty of raids in MMO's. They usually give you abilities that in case of a mess up, you can use it. Destiny doesn't do that. I can't imagine the Hard version of this raid.
What game are you talking about lol? Ps warlocks get battle rez.

Afrocious

WOW! 281 Deaths? Divided by 6 players in the Raid. That is an average of around 47 deaths per person!!!

And there is a trophy for completing a Raid without Dying? Lol..

Yup.

Granted, while that may seem intimdating to do, like any other Raid or instnace, I imagine being overleveled and coming back with a fireteam to do an easier raid to get the trophy.

AZCards

Really? I've only played TOR and WoW and I can't remember such abilities unless you're talking about rezzing.

In WoW almost all the roles have some kind of cooldown that let you heal faster or soak up damage. Like if you are in fire for some reason, pop a cooldown and you're going to be fine. Then there is battle rez for the people who shouldn't have died.

ethomaz

Banned
WOW! 281 Deaths? Divided by 6 players in the Raid. That is an average of around 47 deaths per person!!!

You are reading in the wrong way.

281 deaths is just for one guy... just the selected guy... each one died over 200 times.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I don't think that's group deaths...I think that's the number of times the one dude died, haha.

Afrocious

In WoW almost all the roles have some kind of cooldown that let you heal faster or soak up damage. Like if you are in fire for some reason, pop a cooldown and you're going to be fine. Then there is battle rez for the people who shouldn't have died.

Ohhhh that's what you're talking about. Sorry. What you say makes sense now when you mention popping defensive cooldowns.

Irnbru

You get the same stuff in this game dude. Titans shield, hunters take less damage in sword mode, warlocks with sunspec can auto Rez. Have you played the game at all!?!?

There is a bubble shield and a self rez super. There are oh shit abilities in this game, it's up to the player to opt to use them.

Best vault of glass stream right now?

I'm enjoying the Datto stream. Good communication between them, and they are getting the boss down to half health or better.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of passive aggressiveness at this point. Getting saltier by the minute though. Some of the other streams were just SUPER uncomfortable to listen to with all the bitterness.

http://www.twitch.tv/itsdatto

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There is a bubble shield and a self rez super.
On top of various abilities that heal, like a voidwalker upgrade for melee.

Focus is on aggression and constant engagement instead of tanking though, which I undoubtedly prefer.

I'm enjoying the Datto stream. Good communication between them, and they are getting the boss down to half health or better.

http://www.twitch.tv/itsdatto
Thanks guys.

Saganator

Justin Watts @RandomlyWatts

That was the most challenging gaming experience that I have ever been a part of. Guardians truly do make their own fate.

That was how I felt about doing the Nightfall Strike at level 25. Can't wait to try the raid.

How do you die so much in a dungeon? Sounds like they just graveyard zerged it lol sounds incredibly cheesy

Haven't really watched any content from the raid and not commenting on the quality of Destiny, by the way... just saying that, as a MMO vet, that stat sounds insane

Atram

How do you die so much in a dungeon? Sounds like they just graveyard zerged it lol sounds incredibly cheesy

Haven't really watched any content from the raid and not commenting on the quality of Destiny, by the way... just saying that, as a MMO vet, that stat sounds insane

Atheon is farming Destiny players

Top Bottom