• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny's raids will not support online matchmaking with random players.

How about you give us the ability to communicate with strangers so people can at least attempt to get a pick up group going if they so wish?

That would be cool if it really does require so much strategy, but I remain skeptical.

Probably would require more coordination than a random cop op. It may be no overly complicated but something that requires more than "get close to the giant robot bullet sponge with a 1hit kill and disconnect after it"

Hoo-doo

Banned
For all the people saying they won't be able to find a group. Don't worry.

screenshot2014-07-30avepcr.png

Is here.

Homeboyd

Sorry, but why don't just give the option?

Getting a couple of friends up online at the same time is already a pain in the ass :(
Clans and factions I imagine will help. I'm suspecting factions will have private hubs/gathering spots in the Tower to team up for things like this.

SerTapTap

Damn this sucks. I don't have a lot of friends but I love to do stuff like this. Was hoping I'd be able to find some randoms in the same way I can with strikes.

:(

You wouldn't want to play with randoms with no voice chat for "a couple of hours", trust me. As said, DestinyGAF will cover your ass

viveks86

I like where this is going. I remember seeing some group platforming in the trailer where they mentioned the vault of glass. Really looking forward to co-operative activities that don't involve shooting everything that moves.

Marvel

could never
I am lucky enough to have lots of gaffers to play with, those who do not I feel for.

Start sending out those FR's ppl.

Pastry

Banned

Is here.

That's not the issue. The issue is we'll have to use a message board to organize it. Doesn't seem like there will be a way to flag yourself as LFG to clan members in game. That sucks.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Herc_is_Disappointed.gif

What's the harm in allowing random groups into this content? This looks like a case of Bungie letting us know what's best for us by limiting options. Just include a disclaimer when queuing up...

LQX

Not fan of this. For a few reasons, one being I don't have much "online friends", two I'm not the type to scheduled my gaming. I just want to jump on and play. Randoms would do me fine.

Mortemis

Banned
DestinyGAF raids are gonna be the shit. Can't wait.

I've had randoms quit on me for damn strike missions, can't trust any random for a multiple hour raid.

Baliis

Good, let strikes be simple enough that randoms can do them with no communication, keep raids for the practiced groups. LFR was hilariously easy in WoW and you still would run into groups that couldn't manage it.

I won't be able to complete these then, I have nobody to play online with.

you guys that have nobody to play with. Do you have something against playing with DestinyGAF?

I am sure there will be threads with signups just add those people that night and go for it.

Not fan of this. For a few reasons, one being I don't have much "online friends", two I not the type to scheduled my gaming. I just want to jump on and play. Randoms would do me fine.

There is plenty to do in Destiny. Most of the game is designed around that "jump on and play" model. Raids are the exception.

ultron87

There should be some in-game method to organize a group for this whether it is automatic or some sort of "LFG" list. Your only recourse being texting friends or a message board seems crazy.

JCX

Makes sense. Even Devil's Lair worked better when we were voice chatting. Interested in what a multiple hours long mission would entail.

Pastry

Banned
There should be some in-game method to organize a group for this whether it is automatic or some sort of "LFG" list. Your only recourse being texting friends or a message board seems crazy.

Exactly!! This is my issue, posted me concerns about it above :/

Is here.

I was in Destiny Gaf during the beta and I had no obvious way to join or invite those members to a group.

Of course, I couldn't even join "Playstation Gaf" because of a error on the website, so maybe that was the problem?

Unless Bungie is planning on overhauling their clan/guild system, this won't work well. They need a much more social-friendly clan system.

see5harp

I suppose meeting people in common areas will be a good way to meet people. I'm still surprised they went this way after already going through ODST firefight. Them having the ability to matchmatch wouldn't prevent people from getting into private groups so I don't see why people are saying "good."

Homeboyd

NO. It should be an option. ODST firefight was the best thing ever but completely sucked because it was nearly impossible to play with friends across the country because of lag.
Right and we got that with Reach. Didn't help the lag. This is in a lot of ways very different from Firefight though. Coordinated efforts to solve puzzles etc... is different than just point and shoot which any random can figure out quickly. It seems this mode will require strategy and planning amongst your fireteam... you never know who you're going to pick up in MM that isn't a "team player" and just makes everything that much more difficult because they don't follow the plan.

I'm usually not one to say no to options, but in this case it seems like they're saving a lot of headaches by keeping it friends only.

Karl Hawk

Banned
you guys that have nobody to play with. Do you have something against playing with DestinyGAF?

I am sure there will be threads with signups just add those people that night and go for it.

Probably because DestinyGAF are bunch of sycophants who suck up to Bungie and the game at every opportunity.

I'm joking btw

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Im the type of player that doesn't mind playing with randoms. I rarely play with my friends, also none of my friend have a PS4... So this kind sticks...

t0rment

this game just keeps getting better huh. i don't like to depend on other's people schedule to play a game, therefore i won't play the raid, the thing that i was most looking forward to the game. gonna pass on this one now.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Glad I joined DestinyGAF Clan...in my own personal inner circle there's only 2 of us that have a PS4 while the other's are "still deciding."

Gonna need some folks who are reliable to get shit DONE.

viveks86

Yeah that's pretty curious. Having a GAF account and saying "I'll have no one to play with" is… strange.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Good move. I'd rather have high level content that isn't for everyone than sanded down cakewalks that are, even if it means that I never get to experience it.

I play FFXIV and I know that I'll likely never do high level raiding because I just don't have the time/dedication for it. I think this is going to be a new concept for a lot of Destiny players.

I need some DGAF friends on PSN for eventual raiding. Send me requests!

TheLamonster

edit: you must be awesome. actually awesome

Well that's pretty dumb. Guess I won't be doing any raids then. I only have two friends that I play with so...yeah, please change your mind Bungie.

If they wold just add in voice chat for the tower this wouldn't be an issue, not that this would be an issue for me anyway, but still Tower/Public areas needs voice chat.

Top Bottom