• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Destructoid] Leaked photo of NX controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Wtf is that shit..I call fake or prototype or Nintendo has finally lost it lol.

NolbertoS

Wasn't that picture posted awhile back?? I could've sworn has been posted time and time again as the NX mockup. I'm calling bullshit till then.

jax

Banned
It's too late breh

We just need to wait for it to be officially revealed and then try it out. I know at E3 this is going to be the first thing I'm lining up for.
I'll see you in line fam. I'll be stampeding to get there ASAP

bomblord1

Banned
I'm failing to see any issues with the ergonomics of the device.

Anyway regardless of if it's real or not it's an awesome looking mockup would love for the real controller to be similar to that the edge to edge touchscreen would be amazing.

Meesh

Fake or not, I like the idea of this controller...its just such a shitty shape. Oval...and it doesn't look like it'll be comfortable for long gaming sessions. Please be fake?

Oh god no, this looks like something new and crazy for the sake of being new and crazy, and will pander to a new style of gaming while completely alienating most others.

So, judging by Nintendo lately.. it's probably real?

Doubt it's fake. Why would someone spend the time and money to make a real looking controller just to troll peole?

With that being said, I hope it is fake. Looks awful, although it could be a dev kit unit and the retail version will look different.

It's really possible that someone would do that and I hope that's the case lol

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
If this is real, Nintendo will need to have a good pitch video to explain why this controller shape and the screen are good ideas that don't just unnecessarily drive up the cost. As of right now, I don't see what the advantage of this would be, so I look forward to Nintendo convincing me of this or whatever the NX actually is.

Neoxon

Doubt it's fake. Why would someone spend the time and money to make a real looking controller just to troll peole?

With that being said, I hope it is fake. Looks awful, although it could be a dev kit unit and the retail version will look different.
*points at fake Smash 4 Rayman leak*

I feel like it's real. I mean, even if it's not the final product, they had to actually create some sort of prototype for the patent, right?

I highly doubt that this model is what we'll see out to market (aren't we supposed to see some sort of 3DS replacement first?) but I feel like it'll at least incorporate some of the design ideology used here.

Nope, not real.

Nope.

NopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNopeNope

Nimby

Banned
In the article from Destructoid they said it was unlikely to be photoshopped, but I can't say how accurate the method they used to test this is.

It looks uncomfortable, for starters. But I'm not against lacking face buttons. At most I hope it is a prototype.

If this was real, wouldn't there be a noticeable glow of light being cast from the screen onto the analog sticks? There is none in that shot, instead there's even a noticeable shadow around their border.

JRBechard

bFMPqoM.jpg

Good time to bring these babies back up.

Nilaul

That is the New Zelda?

But why would a developer developing Zelda risk leaking the controller? Unless this is a controlled leak...

Mikey Jr.

The patent had handles.

This one does not. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't put them on there.

Starting to think bullshit.

Ricky_R

This is the Nintendo I was waiting for all these years. I'm ready to jump ship.

Hopefully Crazy Ken is the engineer behind this beaut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom